Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

mitch0508

Ground service traffic

hi i just wanted to know how do you get the ground traffic (meal truck, fuel truck, baggage truck etc) to come to the aircraft when your parked at the terminal. thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CaptainK49

New Dash 8 on Just Flight

They say on their homepage it will work on FSX. No it will not. How can I get a refund?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Guestk320

Anyone familiar with FDSFX panel? Also, help with gauges??

Hi, I want to know what are gauges and dat files in fsx and want anyone who knows about Marcus Thompson's FDSFX panel. I know how to select a file for a switch but have to do this for every flight. I want to permanently change the default sounds to my own...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guestk320 on
Hugo7575

PLEASE HELP!!! FSX Gold Installation Failure

Hi all, I am posting with an issue that has frustrated me for the last 4 hours. FSX Gold will not install properly. I inserted disc 1 and 2 they did there thing, then it checks computer memory and after that all windows close, I get no accept terms win...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mufc

FSX quit working and won't start up again

I was in the middle of a flight from Calgary to Nadi in Figi. I set up the flight took off, and flew it for an hour and some before I went to bed (don't judge me 😂 )and left the game to it's own devises on autopilot and on course, at altitude and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
John Lopez on
Nate L.

Need immediate Expert help with GTX 590

I have 2 EVGA GTX 590's that are used with a 6 monitor setup for Flight Simulator X. Everything has been running perfect for a year and a half. One day last week when I tried to run the game, the monitors would flicker and it would kick back to the deskto...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
cheezyflier

older fsx payware.

can someone make me a recommendation of some payware. preferably a prop. the reason i say older is because the new stuff is all made with high def textures i cant run. for example, i have the carenado 206, and i love it. runs great. but the 337 is a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
george smith

Triple screens

Hi,can anyone tell me how to connect three screens for fx. Thx. George...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ney rodrigues

flight simulator X - 1628: Failed to complete installation

Hey all, I am having a horrible time trying to install Flight Simulator X on Windows 8. Every time I try and run the setup.exe, I get the following error: "1628: Failed to complete installation."...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Virtual USAF

Vusaf Red Flag Nellis AFB, Join us at www.vusaf.org

Red Flag. The largest military aerial training event in America. The call to attend is heard by numerous air forces throughout the world. Pilots' mettle is tested on a daily basis as they train and fight with their brothers and sisters in arms from acros...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Virtual USAF on
Freddie Clarke

NO DVD DRIVE!

Hi I got a new laptop the other day and want to install fsx but I don't have a dvd drive. Can I still install it and how? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Dave e

Accelerating Time

Hi Does anyone know how ti accelerate time on Microsoft Flight Sim X...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Denis17

What is this alarm?

Hi, what is the alarm that sounds in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks64EPV1X4Y ??? Thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
Guestk320

PLEASE HELP! Problem with land/sea textures going light blue

Can anyone who knows about FSX a lot to help me overcome a problem where the land(mainly by the coast and all sea underneath or around the aircraft doesn't show up!) I see light blue covering the sea/land???? Has anyone had this problem with textures befo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
simmyjiff

Unable to load saved Flight Plans (FSX)

Hi, I'm running FSX with Accelerator and have just experienced a problem in loading flight plans? never happened before and the plans have been prepared within the Flight Planner in the Simulator. I can actually see the 'flight' in the Flight Simulator X...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
simmyjiff on
flying viking

Microsoft FSX Gold

I recently purchased Microsoft FSX Gold. In the beginning everything worked fine. I now get the message; cf g file error invalid remote scenery path in scenery area 105. It was then that I noticed that part of Toronto's skyline disappeared, namely the CN ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flying viking on
superman1972

fsx 737-800 approach

I am relatively new to FSX and have figured some things out. I am, though, questioning what I am doing wrong when I am landing the fsx default 737-800. My understandingis that the landing speed on the fsx default 737-800 should be 135 or 140. When I a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
miketraurig1234

flight management computer

how/ where do i get the flight management computer? none of my planes on fsx give me access or i dont know how to get to it. thanks for the help. mike...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
matt.bradford on
Matt.bradford

looking for the default map file that fsx map uses

wanting to see if it is possable to replace the default map that is used with the default map veiwer in fsx . i cannot locate the file that the map veiwer uses. i did find a map.dat file in Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Uires folder does anyone know whe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
matt.bradford on
Zaxol

PLEASE HELP MY PLANE KEEPS STALLING

So I'm in a Boeing 747 going from New York to Cairo and about when I'm going over the atlantic the plane goes into a stall. I am doing nothing different then normal and have infinate fuel. Whats wrong? Also what will make a plane stall?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flying Expert on
Vincent Jeffman

FSX Virtual Airline! SouthWest Virtual!

Hello People! My name is Vincent And i'm the owner of SouthWest Virtual! We fly via FSX and FS2004! I don't have the link to our website right now but if you want to get more info contact me at vincent.jeffman@gmail.com. W´This is not a normal Virtual ai...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mattsmith on
Dmytri

FSX vs. X-Plane 10 - 64bit

Hi everyone, I was wondering for those who have a 64-bit computer. How is the performance of X-Plane 10 64-bit with respect to FSX (32-bit simulator)? FSX was never made for a 64-bit computer since when it was release date did not warrant it. Un...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dmytri on
gamingturkey1

spec low ?

HI I HAVE INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q6700 3.1GHZ 6GB DDR2 800 RAM 500GB HDD NVIDIA GTX 260 1GB 800WATT PSU SLI READY BM BUT THE PROLOBEM IS I ONLY GET AROUND 15-20 FPS ON MAX SETTINGS I KNOW MY SYSTEM CAN DO MORE PLEASE HELP 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jaffacake2000

Can i fly without ATC ?

Is it possible to fly without ATC keeping on interupting me to 'do this' and 'do that' every 5 minutes ? this would specially be convenient for long haul flights for example: London Heathrow to Japan or London Heathrow to Manchester ? What I sometimes ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pusser on
inam81

Disable flight on startup of Flight Sim X

I have what might be a rather simple problem. When I start up Flight Sim, it loads me into a flight right away, into the glide hanger plane. How do I disable that so that it just takes me to the main menu? I can't seem to find a setting to disable that fl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
444Pilot

Installing FSX on MAC Desktop

I am in the process of trying to decide on a new desktop. I am leaning towards a MAC because I have been using it quite a bit recently and like how it performs. I am also tired of PC. I have the FSX software and I want to set it up with the MAC whenever I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charles Griffiths on
pwb

FSX won't reinstall

Hi guys As I am a frequent flyer of FSX, I have expected a problem yesterday and I can't find any soloution to it.... I 've installed FSX on my external HD(1TB), but I had to format this HD yesterday, conclusion, all my files and the game is gone......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pwb on
Russ P

no sound after installing fsx aircraft add-on

I downloaded and installed AlphaSim's freeware C130. I followed the installation instructions, however, I still get no sound for this particular aircraft. All the other fsx aircraft I have installed have sound. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Russ P on
OFFICIAL FSX BLADES AT

official fsx blades at recruiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everybody, my name is Viikatemiäs. We are newly formed aerobatic team, replicating The Blades Aerobatic Team from UK. We fly 4 Extra 300`s, currently we are using default Extra 300S with Blades textures, but if everything goes right, we are getti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
OFFICIAL FSX BLADES AT on
mtraurig1234

fmc data missing

i am trying to program fmc and every airport i enter says not in data base. i am using the kjfk code(for example). i have tried the european codes and still cant farther than this as the reply says not in data base. how do i get this info?thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mtraurig1234 on
martinmugica

reverse thrust

How do i set up the reverse thrust on flight sim X?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
N164DX

Missions not showing

I have no missions showing at all. Am using FSX Gold Addition. Completely un-installed and re-installed still no missions?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
N164DX on
dirtshoot

FSXDB.com New Features - New Aircraft Checklist App

FSXDB.com has been updated! I have created a Aircraft Checklist App. Currently it has all the default FSX Aircraft amd many more popular aircraft for a total of 70 aircraft checklist. It's very similar to a commercial fsx utility only THIS IS FREE. Wi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dirtshoot on
thejam20

making airports more realistic???

is there anyway of making airports more alive on free flight? for example when i fly from heathrow there are only a hand full of planes parked up, none moving and no queing, the only thing that does move are the odd ground vehicles. is it a setting thing...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
bunger

Running FSX on a Mac

Hello Fellow flyers I'm thinking of buying a Mac laptop and wondering if anyone has tried to run FSX in a windows platform on a Mac computer. What kind of size and speed of processor would be needed. Hope this is the right place to ask this 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
NSatullo

FSX problem Plane engines

Microsoft Flight Simulator X Problem: After playing the game for a while I have to manually start the planes before takeoff. When I first installed FSX the planes were automatically started on the runway which is the way it should be. I put in the DVD ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NSatullo on
dirtshoot

FSXDB.com New Features - Now w/ Nearby Airports, VORs, NDBs

FSXDB.com has been updated! I have added nearby airports, VORs and NDBs to the airport detail page. You can use the slider control to set the distance from the current airport. Also hovering mouse over ICAO column displays a google map. https://for...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dirtshoot on
Adolph_Galland

Flashing Light Boxes

Just loaded FSX. I have a problem w/ my lights. They flash and are box-shaped. This goes for all of the lights - wings, strobe, et al. Can anyone help me w/ this? Thanx!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
wacowboy

dem4km.bgl error msg

can anyone advise me on where I can get info as far as an error I get when trying to install FSX? I keep getting a message "dem4km.bgl" is missing or damaged. Thanks!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lp metal on
lowrunner

plane lifts straight up at terminal when sim started

so far ive tried texas and california airports. when i start the sim it starts whith my plane at airport terminal then starts lifting straight up in the air like a helicopter to around 260 ft whats causing this? im running fscuip4, linda, wideview. wide t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lowrunner on
Alastair316

Flight Simulator X Acceleration unable to intall

Hi I just purchased Flight Simulator X Gold edition with Acceleration as an extra. Flight Simulator X loads and plays great, but Acceleration does not want to install as it is looking for the original Flight Simulator X which I know is there on my ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jrocky on
Adolph_Galland

Sun Effects

Anyone have a link for good Sun effects for FSX? Thanx!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Adolph_Galland on
kshi

help installation error 1935

when I try to install flight simulator x standard edition I get this error message error 1935 an error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.MSXL2.publicKeyToken=''6bd6b9abf345378f'',version=''4.1.0.0'',type=''win32'',proseccorArchite...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Rod Gray

Flight simulator X product registration

Hi i have purchased a new unopen game after about 30mins i have an error code telling me to register the program but i have all ready regestard so can some one help me with this problem becouse i am unable to regester again regards Rod...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ldniii

Airplanes must have unique titles

I have added a lot of aircraft to FSX. Recently, and I don't remember which addon preceded the problem, when I start FSX and when I open the airplane file to choose a different plane I see this: "There are multiple items with the same title name. The...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ldniii on
lpchava

Denali Base Camp Mission

I did the Denali Base Camp Mission, but once I landed at the base camp I can't full stop the plane because it is always sliping on the snow and, of course I can't taxi it and leave the supplies. How can I do that?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotenPost on
Maldo860

Effects problems

All of a sudden the rendering of effects in FSX are not showing correctly. For example, there is no landing wheels smoke displayed nor ground dirt dust. The smoke from stacks and engines render as black square boxes. Aircraft lights do not light up when t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Maldo860 on
fredrickr

Denali base mission

I've read a lot about this mission but I haven't got it. I have FSX with the Acceleration Pack so I expected it would be included. Does anybody know where I can download it from please...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pusser on
pusser

FSX MelJet Boeing 777 download

I have recently downloaded the file dl77fsx.zip and extracted the files for installation in my FSX. I do not have a particularly high end system but, in my FSX, everything runs well and I get around 20fps and reasonable graphics. This airplane seems to be...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pusser on
matt_flyaway

IFR and ATC

I have been trying to take my sim flying to the next level. When you fly IFR flight plans you have to follow what the ATC default says or they terminate your flight plan and make you go to VFR. For example: If I file an IFR flight plan using VOR to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CXA001 on

66 pages with 3285 questions.

previous1234567891011121314151617181920212223...6566next
Page 15 of 66