Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Irving Walker

Frame Rates on what i think is a good machine...

HI, I am sure there have been many people asking about the holy grail of frame rates, but i am a little stuck, even after looking all over the place for solutions. However, i also see people posting amazing frame rates with lesser systems than i am r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Mike Posford

Poor FSX Sound

The sound on my FSX program is very poor, especially engine sound. All other sound from other sources comes in loud and clear. Is it possible, or recommended, to run the installation disk over the top of the existing installation? When I am flying onlin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
dma

Saving window positions

I have FSX running on two monitors with forward view on the runway and my cockpit panel on the other. I have my airplane oin the ramp with the windows set up in the right views and in full screen mode. I save the flight as default. I end the flight and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
captcrazy on
couger

Activation problem

I installed the sevice pack 1 for fsx and the next time i loaded up fsx it came up with this errer message. An error occured while attempting to activate this product. the problem maybe due to an incomplete instalation of the application. it will g...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
waspi on
joaolpv

FlyBy Camera.

Hi. I just want to change the time in the flyby camera, I want to less time, I try to change camera.cfg but with no results, can someone help me?? Thanks a lot....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
joaolpv on
karelrenkum@hotmail.com

Airbus A320 Manuals

Is anybody interested in original Airbus A320 Manuals? FCOM 1 t/m 4...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nteckh on
Jacob_N

"Flight Simulator X has stopped working" problem

Hey, So I rebooted FSX after about a year of not loading it. It was still installed and the last time I used it, the game ran fine. But now when I click the icon, the 'splash screen' doesn't appear, instead a box appears saying "Flight Simulator X"...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Adolph_Galland

FSX Desktop Icon

I just downloaded FSX (plain, no gold or deluxe). It didn't install the desktop ICON. I've looked everywhere for it, to no avail. I even re-downloaded FSX. Pretty pitiful, huh?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
DriesALITALIA

problem 1628

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/38584/problem-1628_cf41c4292997fec12b097dfa804c9bad.jpg Hello guys, I hope you can help me with this problem! I have been searching a while for an answer, nothing found! Every time I try to install F...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
shamm

textures for addon aircrafts wont show up

Good day to all. Need help trying to get the textures for addon aircrafts to work. Heres the thing. the addon thumbnail shows up for selection. but after selection the aircraft is completely plain and white. even the tires are white. i honestly believe t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RocketDog747

PMDG 747 Fatal Error

When I go tho free flight in FSX and to select aircraft and to PMDG 747 I click on it then it says fatal error. Can anybody help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

4 Monitors for FSX?

Hi Everyone, In the process of building my first FSX setup. Ive got the computer build set but just have a question regarding multiple monitors. Am i able to have the standard 3monitor display, but then have an additional 4th monitor under the centre o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CaptainK49

FSX crashes or just blinks off while in flight

I am flying along and without warning FSX is gone and I am back to the desktop? The only thing that I noticed was right before this happened, the screen got a little jerky for a second, then when I switched views it blinked off gone...no fatal error warni...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainK49 on
Kais767

FSX activation hack error

So I got a hack to activate FSX. I put the hack's .dlls into the FSX folder and replaced the original ones. So I played FSX normally after that. So after I shut down my com, then another round of FSX. When i started the game, It says: Flight Simulator X w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold Edition SDK

Hi. I am considering buying Microsoft FSX Gold from the Microsoft Store. In the description it says it includes an SDK. Is this SDK any similar to Plane-Maker on X-Plane? Will I need experience in programming? Screenshots of the included SDK would be app...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
qmuddy2

2004 is small window on my monitor ?

how do i make it full screen ? flight simulator 2004; thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
flyerpilot123456789

baggage doors

with me not manage to get the luggage doors open I push shift + E +2 but then the doors open instead of the baggage doors. my engines were also off. can anyone help me?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Aaron Norris

FSX Carenado Instrument Night Lighting Problems W/ Pics

I have been having this problem with MOST of my carenado aircraft's night time intrument lighting. I have no clue how to fix this problem. Carenado's m20j and cherokee 180 works fine in the night, but the rest of my planes' (152/172/182/Saratoga/Seneca/Ar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Aaron Norris on

Trouble with FSX Mission.com

Can anybody help me with this problem: I signed up for an account on fsxmission.com, and got sent a link to activate the account. I click on this link, and get an error 404 page. Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
MOBLCIBI

FSX gun camera?

Hello! I'm building a custom panel for a custom aircraft and I'm just about done except I need a FLIR gauge for my panel. The closest thing I could find was the PLAT in FA-18 Combat (https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/5435/fsx-f-18-combat-versi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MOBLCIBI on
GpaNo1

Microsoft FSX Activation

Hi I have just had to upgrade my PC and am now running on Windows 8. I installed FSX and the program is now resident in my program files. I applied the activation code that came with the software (Gold edition) but alas the activation code in not r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Guestk320

HI, I need to speak to someone about fsx and aircraft

I need someone who knows fsx well and is experienced. I want to be able to fly an AI aircraft, which I have managed to do no problem. I have a boeing 737-400 freeware aircraft (link to download this aircraft I have is here): https://flyawaysimulation.c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guestk320 on
Tom14

FSX Thumbnail.jpg's--How to create them?

Hi Guys, I'm hoping you can help me out with a FSX situation. I have added some airplanes to my FSX Deluxe Version and some of them don't have thumbnail.jpg's included, so when you go to Free Flight and then Select Aircraft, they don't have a picture show...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
apple78 on
jetman35

square lights

I am having a problem with my navigation lights are showing up with squares around them. I was not getting this problem before until I deleted a plane. I think it took out something that it was not suppose to. Does anybody know how to correct this? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
theo schols on
zenith3003

What add ons do you recommend?

Hello everyone! I've just got in to floght sims again after about 8 years off! Used to use FS 98 a lot and then used FS 2004 for a while. Never got in to them on a serious scale. Just used to get in a Cessna and just fly to random places. Now thoug...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaseyJ on
Tonymura

Worst downlaod speed i have ever experienced

I am trying to use the demo mode first but after 8 hours of downloading a 100 mb file i have finally given up.i must admit you guys have no interest in shareing your program. They shouldn't waste other people time here. Crap. And it is not my internet sp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tonymura on
fspro15

Mega Airport Oslo X crashes fsx

Hi! I have downloaded Mega airport oslo x as a torrent and installed it to use with fsx. Earlier this worked well, and I used the airport. But recently when I choose an airport to start on when fsx is started, and choose "Oslo Gardermoen" and then ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
maktub

FSX Mission

There was one time in the beginning when downloading a mission was only the work had to download, install and play, but today we have beautiful missions, but spend more time installing each folder in its place than venturing and rejoicing with the mission...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
maktub on
Guestk320

Help:Problem, Installed SP2 for FSX and black land textures!

HI, I have installed FSX SP2 on my pc, which is not old, but new and running fsx happily with two screens and good frame rates, but since I have installed SP2 I am getting great looking sea and water graphics and textures but black land textures, especial...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
1LtLoric

Gamespy "The Network was Not Able to Connect"

^^ Well, the issue is there... It'll let me in, oh, about, every 3 weeks. But you a1ll know that it disconnects you after trying to load free flight, Gamespy sucks. Any advice what I should do?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
djhoerauf on
PhilTaylor

A list of "true FSX" Freeware Aircraft for FSX

With download links, in my latest blog post here https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4495/ I found 54 in a day or so of searching....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
James Field

Video: KLM Boeing 747-400F Landing @ EDDF Frankfurt-Main!

Hey all, If you could please view my video and give me feedback on the landing via either in the comments section or in the forum, then that would be great! The plane is a Boeing 747-400F that belongs to KLM Cargo, going in for an approach into Fran...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
James Field on
ggm9696

starting up fsx

http://imagebucket.flyawaysimulation.com/images/B7fAT.png http://imagebucket.flyawaysimulation.com/images/YhPS.png http://imagebucket.flyawaysimulation.com/images/MIh4n.png I have been having a problem that whenever I start FSX, the splashscreen load...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ggm9696 on
JonhMama

Problems with my joysticks

Few years ago I brought an generic joystick, he worked fine and dandy, When it started to having some problems with the X/Y axis for me was fine because was jus plug in and out a few times to get it to work again. After a few months of the problems beggin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Paul.uk

Can I use Second hand FSX with addons?

Hi, I would like to buy FSX but I don't know whether to buy the gold edition brand new or a second hand deluxe edition with about 12 addons that is for sale. My point is that if I buy the second hand sim will I run into any installation problems as...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sometimeflyer

No sound for Shorts Tucano

Tried downloading the Shorts Tucano (fsxtuc.zip) twice. Plane flies well, but no sound. The "sound" folder only contains a 1kb file sound.cfg....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Doronc80

landing in Microsoft flight X

hello everyone. i am trying to land, in free flight or in missions. once i am almost touching down with a perfect landing the engines getting full power and i can not do anything against it (auto pilot is off) the plane getting full power and i am not...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
anwar shamaal

fsx on latest imac. wont work without drivers for graphics c

Hi. Can anyone. Help me out? I did the whole bootcamp process. However when its time to run the flight sim, its says the drivers may need to be updated. Iused a software. That finds these driver's. And it's also supposed to install the drivers aswell. But...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
olsengrant

flight simulator x windows 8

Does anyone know if fsx will run okay with windows 8 as it stops regularly with my windows 8...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
kenparker

FSX V key not working

Since a week when I press the V key I see This message: "It is not possible to take a screenshot". What can i do? Thanks Antonio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Boeing 777 for FSX

Does anyone know if the PMDG 777 product is actually out yet? I have seen one advertised but it was for 165 million dollars. (I don't think that is right)....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
SamP19

Problem with smoke

Hey guys , I recently tried to install the red arrows Hawk T1 from here : http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=HawkT1RedArrows.zip Having never used smoke before , I assumed it was just press i and it turns on , i again and it turns off? N...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamP19 on
Primoz

Computer test

hello guys 🙂 Today i bought FSX gold edition and GSX(dream team) I wonder how the game will work according to the specifications of computer. What do you think will be graphic ql ? Sapphire Radeon HD5870 1GB Display port AMD Phenom l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
primoz on
Abzu93

Private Pilot Lesson Woes

Private Pilot: Lesson 5: Air Traffic Control After take off I'm asked to tune the radio to 120.10 at the handoff point. I do that using the ATC menu and then the game says I should request a Class B Airspace Transition when it becomes available on the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
usb

CV-68 Ninitz

How do I use the ike Nimitz download as a static scenery object using ADE so I can place it where I want and create an AI airport like I did with the default carrier 01? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
usb on
Coolicol31

frame rate

Hey guys, I downloaded my traffic 2013 and my frame rate is all glichty. I play on an HP Evny Dv6. Can someone help me?????...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
yan2411

visual settings for flight simulator x

hi! i am recently bought a flight sim x the golden addition. i try to adjust the best settings to my laptop: I3 4 gigs of ram and redeon with 1 gig of ram. the only setting that work well is just the minimal.. its weird for me because i have not ba...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Gabrielfer1 on
Evan Burris

Kandahar Military AI Traffic

Can someone please help me? I have jsut downloaded the Kandahar afcad and installed, looks great btw. But I need the military ai there and have no clue what to use how to put them there and make it look like it does in the screen shots. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Evan Burris on
Robert Brown

Product Key Help

I have recently purchased Flight Simulator X and when I go to put the product key in it comes up saying that there was a problem with the installing? I have reinstalled it and it is still doing the same thing. any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Guestk320

Anyone who can help with a possible textures problem in FSX

Hi this is really bugging me now and i have tried removing scenery which seems to have no effect. This here is a video i uploaded of myself flying in fsx and recording it. As I come in to land you can see where all the water is its turned a pale blue colo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

66 pages with 3285 questions.

previous1234567891011121314151617181920212223...6566next
Page 14 of 66