Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

jasonturner

push back wont start or work on fsx help ctrl and p nothing

hi i have been getting my way around fsx i have sp2 installed and plenty add on i can't get push back to work i have added files to panel as i was told too for ground handling i press ctrl and p and nothing happens can anyone tell me if i need to downloa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
flyawayking1991

help jetways dont work

i have all the options on extremely dense sceneryadvanced animations on to and auto gen 😞 which line do i park a 747-400 at gate a-10 at jfk i put it on the last line and pressed ctrl+J and it does not come i dont now why Plese Help!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Karlw

How do I get the jetways to dock with add on aircraft

I have the md-11 and dc-10 in my fsx and a few other aircraft But I noticed they don't dock with my add on aircraft am I supposed to add something to the scenery cfg or something likfe that?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
matt890

Getting Jetways to move to aircraft?

hi guys i never really figured out how to get the jetways to move to your aircraft, this would really help, cause i wanna make a movie and was wondering how this works Thanks Matt890...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Alex The Guest

Stubborn Jetways

Hey all....... How's u all going? I've tried to attach jetways at Brisbane, Heathrow and Singapore, plus more but they just don't move! And yes, the settings were all on Ultra High for this one off occasion (my comp can't really handle it! 😞 ) ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
graham05

jetway slow..!!!!!!

hello i have fsx for about 3-4 weeks and it great. i am in a virtual airline (virtual united airlines) and i am in a small jet. but soon ill be in a bigger jet and ill use the jetways. but my problems with the jetways are that they move realy slow li...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
ab1332

jetway and AI aircraft

Is there any way to connect the jetways in fsx to the ai aircrafts? I have seen other people do it. 😞 thank you in advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
TJbaron

Jetways not working

I have searched the forums but can't find my specific problem. After parking at a gate with a jetway, setting parking brake, hitting CTRL +J nothing happens. I have shut down engines and tried again, but the jetway won't move. Am I missing something? Any ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
HockeyDude2424

jetways at every gate

Can anyone tell me how to get the automated jetways at every gate and not just a few. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Kais767

No jetway moving!

yes I know how to connect the jetway ctrl+J but im 100% on the line and still it wont connect after pressing the buttons. Im using FSX aircraft and my settings are set to highest for all. can anyone help?Thnks :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Karlw

Making jetways dock with all aircraft

How ca I do this lets say I put the sga md-88 in fsx which I have done I've just put in some fs2004 sound and an fsx panel and it was good to go but the jetways won't dock obviousley so what do I do do I have to edit the config file of something if so whi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
mdaskalos

How do you REALLY get the jetway to come to you???

Alright, I know about -J. I know about getting the plane aligned on the yellow-and-blak line. I even think I know about where to stop along the line. In all of my landings and taxing to gates, I've gotten the Jetway to come to the aircraft exactl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on

Introducing simwestFOTOREAL

Introducing simwestFOTOREAL. I am seeking some additional beta testers for a new scenery add-on. A photoreal scenery series for the USA with a "boost" of immersion. Interested in simmers who use P3Dv2, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, FSX or FSX Steam Edition. Take a lo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
waynerr

Missing Gauges T-28 t28fsx.zip

Hello, I have installed maybe ten add-on aircraft. I have small light general planes and small WWII and vintage military planes. This one I cannot get the gauges to show up. It flies like an aircraft should fly. The controls in the cockpit work. Th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Edmeister

Cannot capture screenshot at this time

Hey guys! Have any of you received this message when trying to capture a screenshot? I purchased a new plane, and after installing and flying it, I tried to take a picture of it by pressing the v key. I checked the command keys in settings, to make sure...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bernardo Lopez on
RadarMan

Will My PC Run FSX?

Take the download (pop-up) of Active X and then it'll analyze your PC to see if can run FSX or not. (Link to Game Advisor removed because it has been discontinued) Microsoft's Official system requirements: * Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Montgomery on
jimmyberry

Throttle and Brake not working right.

The manual brake (not parking brake) is stuck on will not release whit the . or left mouse click this means of course I can not set parking brake. Also the throttle is what seems to be running as if it where set with ground control. These problems are the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jimmyberry on
George Sheffield

error 1722 / windows 10/ FSX Deluxe

I was guided to flyaway to download this file. Can't find it. Do you still have it somewhere? 18934/fsx-resetsldlexe/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
DeadmanWNC

GPS vs ATC

Morning all, New player here, only just discover FSX:SE wow what a great pastime. So much to learn. I see up a flight plan to go from Lyon to Luton. Took off, with ATC and followed ATC directions all going well. Then turned on autopilot to foll...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
ridgeandgable

Monitor Support

Hi Guys I have a new build system but really struggling with monitors, heres the system specs Motherboard is 970A-DS3P 2x AMD RX580 8gb each 32gb System Memory I have 2 gaming monitors using eyefinity at 3840 x 2160 (2x Display Port to HDMI) I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ridgeandgable on
thesyedshah

What can i do to run Fsx more smoothly on my laptop

HI, im using an Asus rog g551jm with 4gigs of gtx860m,12gigs of ram and core i7-4720HQ 2.6ghz . despite these mid level specs im getting only 14-28 fps on medium graphics. and im using only pmdg 777 and the 747 plus fly tampa sydney and dubai. is there a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
JUST4ARTIST

JUST 4 ARTIST - New Youtube Channel about Realistic FSX

Hello! This is Carlos from JUST 4 ARTIST, a newcomer Youtube Channel about realistic flight simulation over real life procedures. At this moment there are only posted 2 videos regarding flight simulation, but I'm just on the beginning. I'm trying to crea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JUST4ARTIST on
pdegraff

Win10 update install disabled FSX

Installed Microsoft Win10 uptate #KB4023057, now FSX will not load; Uninstalled FSX; neither FSX Deluxe Edition nor FSX Gold Edition with Acceleration will install. Install simply stalls - no error message or any other indication of a problem - it just s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jimmyberry

planes out of order and missing in selection in FSX Deluxe

My thumb nails are out of order and not showing all aircarft in the airplane selection. I was able to remove and reinstall before and that would fix them but not anymore. Does it have limit as to how many it can store??? does anybody out have the same p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

raising seat

How to raise cockpit seat in fsx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Monty Bonner

Printing the Flight Plan in FSX using windows 10 Home

All - I try to print out the flight plan/log before I start my flight. The button turns color, but no output from the printer. Using Windows 10 Home. All other programs will allow printing. It even used to work in the steam version, but it went south ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
444Pilot

Problems completing the reinstallation of FSX

I've successfully completed the re-installation of FSX via disks 1 and 2. The product was successfully activated for my computer (I got the option to input the product key). The problem occurs when I try to install the Acceleration disk (I might add that...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Monty bonner on
jean robert

microsoft flight simulator x install problem

i am having problem installing microsoft flight simulator x on Windows 10 home edition i get this error message: 1628: failed to comple installation HOw do i fix that?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Monty Bonner on
mdann

FSX crashes when Dino VCataneo F14 latest version selected

PC system Windows 8.1 64-bit. FSX+Acc running a number of pay-ware and other downloads without problem (although latest Lancaster from Just Flight also causes crash) . Crash error message:. Facility ID 120 MM System-Unspecified Error Code 0x88780078 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CTBlankenship

HSI/VOR ... in the Beechcraft Baron 58

Basically I don't like to fly Glass Cockpit ... to me it takes the fun out of flying ... I'd much rather use the HSI, VOR and VOR2 with the standard radio stack. However, I've encountered a problem that I simply can't figure out. When I set out upon a f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gr8guitar on
miketraurig

shortening flight

How do i speed up the flight so i can fly international and not sit there for 12+ hours? Thanks Mike...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
unc1rlm

Piedmont Airlines working aircraft for p3dv4

Hi...desperately looking for working aircraft that Piedmont Airlines use to fly...I worked for Piedmont 1970-1971 and still live in Winston Salem. Would love to see the old FH227; YS11, DC3 ....have a working 737-200 but thats it. Any help or point ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SAF

FSX running on dual Xeon processors

Hi, I have been reading this board regarding FSX and its inability to leverage both cores in a dual core processor. Does anyone know if FSX leverages 2 processor machines (not dual core). I have a Dell workstation with dual 1.5Ghz Xeon processors, and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
astrosteve

Amazon Trek Mission

Hey Everyone. Can someone give me a tip on how to freakin' turn the Goose around when you take the archaeologists to the Anaconda Temple. I can't turn around? It's very hard! Any advise... AstroSteve...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guestuseriii on
NateETH

Integrated Sim Avionics ISG panel for default FSX Lear 45

My favorite aircraft is the Lear 45. I have recently installed the ISG1 gauages set and i found a retrofit panel.cfg in their library by E.Alston http://www.isgsim.com/?page=panel_library&sub=retro_fsx_lear45 http://www.isgsim.com/images...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NateETH on
ralph.o

Water Features, Lakes and Oceans have disappeared

Using FSX Gold, on a Windows 10 Platform, Predator Computer Lots of Memory etc, I seem to have lost all water feature displays they come up as land masses, Boats Ship are present but not the water itself. I have tried to adjust various scenery settings no...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RickG

B-25 Lacking RPM?

Hi guys/gals - Today I downloaded a North American B-25. Download flies well, however, I can't get anymore than 1500 RPM out of the engines. MP is good 45" on takeoff, but I'm just lacking that extra RPM. I even tried another freeware download, probably a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RickG on
Long-Distance

Using FSX in cinimatic cutscenes for movies/games?

I am creating a short movie and need to scenes of a realistic landings from various camera angles. Does anyone know if I would be allowed to use FSX for recording and mixing video clips into my final cut? If it's not so straight forward, then could ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Joel Homburger

lock nose wheel

how do you lock the nose wheel for take off on flight sim x...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
NateETH

FSX and OPUSFSI Compatibility

Does any version of OPUSFSI run in FSX Service Pack 1 ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
U2michuggy

Real World Weather - Are Jeppesen updates still supported

My real world weather in FSX Accelleration Edition appears to be stuck on winter setting - EGKK London Gatwick is displaying 24 Deg F Dewpoint 15 Deg F Altimeter 29.86 - Light Snow for 13 June 2018. - Is anyone else experiencing problems. Have tried cl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
PaulusBoskabouter

FSX FSUIPC

If I buy and register Pete Dowson's interfaceprogram (FSUIPC), can I have automatic real weather when flying over Europe? I installed also PMDG NGX. This works fine. But when installing real weather on FSX I always get negative temperatures and thus not...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
n7xlq1

error ID=25 (null) error..

My FSX has started giving me errors almost every day lately, if its not one error its another. Here's my latest when starting FSX. error ID = 25 (null) Here's what I have done. I've deleted FSX.exe thinking it would fix it, but doesn't, I've al...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
themagicman

Problems with FMC for Airbus A319

Hi there, I have tried just about everything that I could think of to get the FMC working everything else works but the FMC.. What can I do to fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. I just installed the aircraft a couple of hours a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
themagicman

What is concidered a root directory of FSX for FMC Files?

Hi there, I was wondering what would be a root directory for FSX? I downloaded the Airbus 219 with FMC, I think that was the one. The tutorial told to put the FMC files in the root directory of FSX, Where ever they might be. Any help is greatly apprecia...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
themagicman on
rowcoach

bouncing on ground

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem. I'm going to check it with my default planes to see if it is maybe a download issue. Anyway, I was taxi-ing a 777 down to the runway at Logan Int'l when I noticed sometimes it would just start bouncing and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pcpilot45 on
444Pilot

Problems downloading software

I use Windows 7. I have been having issues recently with my system after Microsoft automatically installed what they called critical updates. Now I can no longer download software on to my computer. I keep getting a weird message - The system cannot find ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
444Pilot on
bazzone

catalina day spa mission need help(spoiler)

In the mission Catalina day spa, you fly to Santa Monica from Catalina to pick up a movie star. Anyways, your engine fails in midflight(over the ocean, ofcourse), and you are left to find a safe solution. My first time flying this I crash into the ground ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Iron Giant on
wilfrano

Lack of gauges

I have recently downloaded the Alphasim thunderchief, After placing the aircraft folder in "sim objects/airplanes, effects folder in the main fsx effects , and the gauges folder in the fsx main gauges, I get no instruments either in 2D or VC cockpit??? Th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wilfrano on

Fsx glitching

Hi guys I’m having a problem in fsx as the glitching is really bad.i heard that you had find the games cache by going onto the properties of fsx and then find local files in order to find the cache but I can’t seem to find local files.does anyone know...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Page 6 of 66