Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

XtreamStealth

Need help installing Acceleration onto a secondary drive.

I've been away a few years now due to a sickness I have for Sim Racing. So first I'd like to say hello to all. Although I'm obsessed with Sim Racing, every Rig I own has a set of flight controls and include both Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D. I've run i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Alver Victor

Altitude Call Out Sound Download..Help me please!

I downloaded Call out sound on my FSX trial version. It is working, but I wonder Why it is not functioning correctly all time, well sometimes yes, sometimes no ( On this video.. Announcing 25 hundred even if I am almost 250ft msl). https://www.youtube...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Alver Victor on
chuckabob

FSX on Windows 10 - Will it work?

I just got a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit desktop. I have my original FSX and FSX Acceleration CDs. Can I install them on the new Win 10 64 bit machine? Any considerations or special procedures? Also have Saitek X52 controllers which I wasn't able to set up prop...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Daan Busman

Where is my downloaded plane?

I am playing FSX 2 days and i have one problem with downloaded aircrafts they wouldnt show on my aircraft list please help :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
symbolman

FS Destinations

Hi, I would like to point out another site of interest to us all. fsdestinations.com has some great suggestions of routes. But it doesn't appear to getting many contributions at the moment, so perhaps we could add some suggestions there, and here of co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pusser on
dengiord35

autopilot of Ap913 gauge

I downloaded B52 from b-52g_rrv_jt to fly on FSX. Is all ok, except the speed hold on autopilot: Holding Altitude or HDG is ok, but not the speed. I noted that autothrottle is available without any arming, but the speed is always increasing without any ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Shashank

Ground start

How do u start fsx from gate? When ever I start the game I start from runway or mid air please help me with this....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Edisson

Throttle problems

Hi guys! Once i have connected the joystick, started to have problems idling the power. Pressing f1 would idle it for few seconds, but then springs back to about 10%. I have tried adjasting sensivity, null zone and calibration, but seems nothing works. Pl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick G on
Rick G

ATC'S Runway Assignments

Trying to create a Flight Plan from Waterloo, Iowa (KALO) to The Eastern Iowa Airport (KCID) and I am having trouble with the requested runway at Waterloo vs what ATC wants to assign. I request either Rwy 12 or 30, an 8393' runway, ample for the 737-800. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick G on
Steve Sc

FSX default 737-800 repaint - wings & undercarriage are

Hi guys, Anyone know why when I loaded a new textures for the default 737-800, the wings and undercarriage are completely black? I have checked and can't see any problem, previous repaints have not had this problem. Thank you, Steve...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Rick G

FSX ILS Frequencies

Just a "heads up" to a problem I recently encountered. I was trying to fly an Instrument Approach to landing at Lambert - St Louis KSTL Rwy 30L, had the FSX published frequency 110.55 entered and all is good until making the turn from base to final. Alt h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
Can I run Aerosoft Airbus

Aerosoft Airbus

Hi there I have just got this PC 3.4ghz Duel Core Intel Processor 8GB Ram 2GB Nvidia Graphics Card Windows 7 I bought this in the hope my Aerosoft Airbus A319-21 would run at least 40fps I won't be running any scenary but would like if possible t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Drawyah

FSX 10th Anniversary - I need your stories!

Hey guys! On this day in 2006, FSX released to the world! I plan to do an anniversary video tonight, but I need your stories of the best/worst times you've had within the game! Feel free to post anything below, be creative and tell it the way you wa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Drawyah

Happy 10th Birthday FSX!

10 years ago today, Microsoft released FSX to the world. To celebrate, I've made a video where I talk about the history of the game, from the history of development to the secrets people don't know about! https://youtu.be/MoXqcUQtUjM I have also bee...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Warhammer

msfsx .air files report as corrupted

Hi, I tried to run msfs x recently and the engine sound when flying any plane was silent when flying from the left seat but when taking a spot view or outside view the sound was there. Upon looking at the file structure I found that the .air file foo ever...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
3 screens - Help Needed!

Help required to set up 3 screens to play Flight X simulator

Hi I have recently bought a new gaming set up: Modula 404 intel i5, SKT1150 Processer, Samsung hard drive & RX480 graphics card. All purchased primarily to play Flight X simulator. I have bought 3 x Acer GN246HLBbid screens. My aim is to be able t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
1991GT-X

Saitek Panel Setup

Hey guys. Does anyone know how to setup the Saitek switch panel and radio in FSX Steam? I just bought the flight yoke, trim wheel, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, switch panel and radio panel. I can setup everything in FSX except the panels. I've downlo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RobertL on
1LtLoric

FSX Won't Run! HELP!

Ok, so I just installed Abacus Fighter Pilot 2. Problem is, now FSX won't run. I get the error "The Requested file is corrupt or unable to load. Flight Simulator will now try and load the default flight." OK, I get that. I let it reload. Then I get "Fligh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
MercenaryTiger

Your computer has run out of available memory

Hey guys, its really frustrating when my aircraft is cruising and suddenly a pop up appears and say, "Your computer has run out of available memory. Please restart FSX. Is there any fix for it? Its a real pain. Thanks for helping...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Adolph_Galland

Menu on FSX

How do I get the menu added to the top of my FSX? Thanx!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Adolph_Galland

FSX vs Windows 10

I recently downloaded Windows 10. After doing that, I subsequently downloaded FSX. My main problem: there is no icon on my desktop to initiate the game. I made sure when downloading that the icon box was checked. I can't seem to find FSX on Windows 10. Ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Geoffos

Wilco Citation X FMC causes Crash

Has anyone here got the Wilco Citation X, had problems with it crashing FSX when trying to load the FS FLight Plan, but managed to get around the problems? I've tried everything I've read on other forums, but not been able to sort it out. 😞 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bernardo Lopez on
Adolph_Galland

FSX vs Windows v.3

The FSX icon buried in the downloaded material doesn't work ---> Error ID = 25 (null)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RobnaBav

Is it me? A plea for more freeware and shareware

Is it me? Although the free ware FSX Civil Jets and Prop Jobs can go neck and neck with most payware offerings, I'm not so sure when it comes to military jets.. They are toilet! Stiff, lacking features and sloppily written. Before a warren of troll ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RobnaBav on
beniboy2003

why cant i open the menu bar?

when i start a flight and it loads in i cant open the menu bar! when i right click and has the option to hide menu bar its locked on hide mode! how do i fix this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
GBJim

H.M.S. Victorious 66

Newbie here has just downloaded H.M.S. Victorious 66. Where do I go in the Sim to find this carrier, and/or, how do I locate it ? Is it located at a certain port ? Can't seem to find it anywhere ? Thanks guys - Jim...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
n7xlq1

I need help figuring out Flight Planner in FSX.

Hey, can any give me some pointers on how to use the Flight planner for a flight. I know I can pick the departure rwy, and the destination airport and choose the the type of airways I want too use and then make it generate route, but how to make the airpl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Amaryllismoon on
paulchris2

Request for short flights

Good day everyone! Would anybody be gratious enough to post some interesting short flights (from airport to airport). I would really appreciate it. Paul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RickG on
BobFam

beech_t34_mentor.zip No Gear qnd Bad Prop Texture

I installed the subject T-34 in FSX. The prop is black and there are no wheels on the gear. Is there any fix? Thanks, Bob....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BobFam on
lph114

FSX Error message 1722

Hi I have tried to reinstall my FSX after a complete unistall. It gets to near the end then advises me of ERROR 1722. I have tried installing on different drives to no avail. Can anyone assist with this please ? Thanks Paul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Captain Mars

improving my fsx eperience

hey.my name is mikael and i would like to know how i can improve my fsx experience do i have to change core? do i have to change graphis card? here are my pc specs http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN296934/en I have an intel core I3 4 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

I beat error 1722

Posting as a guest because a google search for fsx error 1722 lead me here. I thought I would help everyone having as much frustration as I am! I havn't quite beat error 1722, but I'm close and found a semi-solution! I tried reinstalling windows insta...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nosnos on
What is my FSX bottleneck

What is my FSX bottleneck?

Hello, Please help me find my FSX bottleneck. Everything is fine mid air but when my plane is moving through a downloaded (f.e. Aerosoft airports) it gets really laggy. MBO: ASROCK 970 PRO 3 R2.0 CPU: AMD FX X6 66300 3.5GHZ, SIX CORE VGA: RADEON ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Rick G

Ground elevation on FSX Default 747-400

I might be blind, but not really, but I can not find how to see ground elevation, especially for ILS approaches. I tried watching several You Tube videos, but they breeze thru those so fast, if they did mention it, I missed it. Thanks if someone can poin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
frizz

Missing guages in downloaded aircraft and FSX aircraft.

Hi all, Have had a problem with my guages loading, from a previous post I changed fsx.CFG to fsx.bac. and it worked fine until I booted computer the next day. I actally copied the fsx.CFG file and deleted the original but it wouldn't paste so I returne...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
frizz on
Will.G

error 1722 and error 1603 on microsoft flght simulator X

Recently I uninstalled microsoft flight simulator X (because I got a third-party error message and air hauler addon wouldnt work)and reinstalled it but I got two error messages one was error 1722 and the other was error 1603 which said a fatal error had o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
isa iravani

mouse problem in full screen mode

hi friends my mouse cursor will disapear in full screen mode is any way to fix it? regards please send ur answers to my email isa_iravani@yahoo.com...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

KPHX 2011 installed and no jetways

Hi Folks Got FSX reloaded after years of collecting dust. Loaded up the PHX Sky Harbor 2011 update and the jetways are no where to be found. Had them on the old one but not this one. Any clues? Settings at dense or heavy and animation is turned on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Dave Garrett

cant hear Pilot or Tower talking in FSX

When I am flying any type of air craft in FSX I can not hear the pilots asking permission for take off or landing from tower and I can not her the towers response I only see the words printed on my scree. Any ideas of how i can fix this issue? Thanks, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Gregfo

fsx graphics on my pc

Is my PC ok for fsx its a elite buzzard 3 amd A8 6600k quad core with HD graphics. It does seem abit jumpy on fsx can anyone advise me on a new graphics card to get it uses integrated graphics by the looks of the mother board having no graphics card in t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Djlammerspilot

Texture install FSX steam edition , Doing the right things.?

Yoo guys, Trying to install already for like 5 hours textures like Britisch Airways , Ryanair, KLM , Air france. Its about the boeing 747-400 and 737-800 who are already installed in the game , only wana have new textures. If i put complete new ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
1up2down

Following a Flight Plan

Is there any way to get an aircraft in FSX to follow a flight plan after take off without having to go to the instrument panel to switch the NAV/GPS to GPS. I ask this because I want to be able to record flights from take off to landing in a spot plan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
1up2down on
Kevin R

Trying to land A321

I am trying to land an A321 but whenever I get close to touching down the autothrottle comes back on and I can't shut it off....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
lionlicker

Some VOR exercises in this thread. Please add yours.

This idea was born out of re-visiting the Lessons by Rod Machado in FSX >> Learning Centre. I wanted a series of text instructions that I could follow to practise VOR approaches and instrument flying. After developing these practise flights, I deci...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
jimmyberry

gps/nav where is it on the concore panel

where is the gps/nav on the concorde panel;...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Adpdudrdvda

FSX Steam graphics

I am 16 and i love FSX steam edition. I Am looking for ways to improve my graphics and was wondering what is the best product. I would prefer graphics in Seattle or the PNW area and i don't have hundreds of dollars to spend. I looked at products such as F...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Adpdudrdvda on
Daniel2706

FSX Help: Activation Error

I have installed FSX Gold Edition a while ago, recently I came back to the game and I wanted to open it up but on load screen I got this error: We're sorry, an unexpected error occurred which is preventing product activation from being completed. ER...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mpf858

Mercenary Rescue Mission - How Begin?

There’s an Avsim mission “mercrescue”, or “Mercenary Rescue Mission”, with a DC3. However, there’s no info in the Briefing on which heading to fly after takeoff; and there’s no Map, nor is there an in-flight arrow, any comm., or whatever. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
cieran

fsx fatal error

hey guys when i start fsx it comes up with fatal error and ive tried everything for it to work can someone please help me...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Ashik Jayakumar

FSX Aircraft Textures Problem

Hi, I've been trying to battle the problem of blurry textures on AI aircraft in FSX. I know its not that important, but repetitively looking at blurry textures is getting quite annoying. I've tried looking into FSX settings and tweaking them. Anisotrophi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Page 8 of 66