Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Steve Sc

FSX default 737-800 repaint - wings & undercarriage are

Hi guys, Anyone know why when I loaded a new textures for the default 737-800, the wings and undercarriage are completely black? I have checked and can't see any problem, previous repaints have not had this problem. Thank you, Steve...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Rick G

FSX ILS Frequencies

Just a "heads up" to a problem I recently encountered. I was trying to fly an Instrument Approach to landing at Lambert - St Louis KSTL Rwy 30L, had the FSX published frequency 110.55 entered and all is good until making the turn from base to final. Alt h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
Can I run Aerosoft Airbus

Aerosoft Airbus

Hi there I have just got this PC 3.4ghz Duel Core Intel Processor 8GB Ram 2GB Nvidia Graphics Card Windows 7 I bought this in the hope my Aerosoft Airbus A319-21 would run at least 40fps I won't be running any scenary but would like if possible t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Drawyah

FSX 10th Anniversary - I need your stories!

Hey guys! On this day in 2006, FSX released to the world! I plan to do an anniversary video tonight, but I need your stories of the best/worst times you've had within the game! Feel free to post anything below, be creative and tell it the way you wa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Warhammer

msfsx .air files report as corrupted

Hi, I tried to run msfs x recently and the engine sound when flying any plane was silent when flying from the left seat but when taking a spot view or outside view the sound was there. Upon looking at the file structure I found that the .air file foo ever...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
3 screens - Help Needed!

Help required to set up 3 screens to play Flight X simulator

Hi I have recently bought a new gaming set up: Modula 404 intel i5, SKT1150 Processer, Samsung hard drive & RX480 graphics card. All purchased primarily to play Flight X simulator. I have bought 3 x Acer GN246HLBbid screens. My aim is to be able t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
1991GT-X

Saitek Panel Setup

Hey guys. Does anyone know how to setup the Saitek switch panel and radio in FSX Steam? I just bought the flight yoke, trim wheel, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, switch panel and radio panel. I can setup everything in FSX except the panels. I've downlo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RobertL on
1LtLoric

FSX Won't Run! HELP!

Ok, so I just installed Abacus Fighter Pilot 2. Problem is, now FSX won't run. I get the error "The Requested file is corrupt or unable to load. Flight Simulator will now try and load the default flight." OK, I get that. I let it reload. Then I get "Fligh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
MercenaryTiger

Your computer has run out of available memory

Hey guys, its really frustrating when my aircraft is cruising and suddenly a pop up appears and say, "Your computer has run out of available memory. Please restart FSX. Is there any fix for it? Its a real pain. Thanks for helping...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Adolph_Galland

Menu on FSX

How do I get the menu added to the top of my FSX? Thanx!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Adolph_Galland

FSX vs Windows 10

I recently downloaded Windows 10. After doing that, I subsequently downloaded FSX. My main problem: there is no icon on my desktop to initiate the game. I made sure when downloading that the icon box was checked. I can't seem to find FSX on Windows 10. Ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Geoffos

Wilco Citation X FMC causes Crash

Has anyone here got the Wilco Citation X, had problems with it crashing FSX when trying to load the FS FLight Plan, but managed to get around the problems? I've tried everything I've read on other forums, but not been able to sort it out. 😞 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bernardo Lopez on
RobnaBav

Is it me? A plea for more freeware and shareware

Is it me? Although the free ware FSX Civil Jets and Prop Jobs can go neck and neck with most payware offerings, I'm not so sure when it comes to military jets.. They are toilet! Stiff, lacking features and sloppily written. Before a warren of troll ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RobnaBav on
beniboy2003

why cant i open the menu bar?

when i start a flight and it loads in i cant open the menu bar! when i right click and has the option to hide menu bar its locked on hide mode! how do i fix this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
GBJim

H.M.S. Victorious 66

Newbie here has just downloaded H.M.S. Victorious 66. Where do I go in the Sim to find this carrier, and/or, how do I locate it ? Is it located at a certain port ? Can't seem to find it anywhere ? Thanks guys - Jim...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
n7xlq1

I need help figuring out Flight Planner in FSX.

Hey, can any give me some pointers on how to use the Flight planner for a flight. I know I can pick the departure rwy, and the destination airport and choose the the type of airways I want too use and then make it generate route, but how to make the airpl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Amaryllismoon on
paulchris2

Request for short flights

Good day everyone! Would anybody be gratious enough to post some interesting short flights (from airport to airport). I would really appreciate it. Paul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RickG on
BobFam

beech_t34_mentor.zip No Gear qnd Bad Prop Texture

I installed the subject T-34 in FSX. The prop is black and there are no wheels on the gear. Is there any fix? Thanks, Bob....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BobFam on
Captain Mars

improving my fsx eperience

hey.my name is mikael and i would like to know how i can improve my fsx experience do i have to change core? do i have to change graphis card? here are my pc specs http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN296934/en I have an intel core I3 4 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

I beat error 1722

Posting as a guest because a google search for fsx error 1722 lead me here. I thought I would help everyone having as much frustration as I am! I havn't quite beat error 1722, but I'm close and found a semi-solution! I tried reinstalling windows insta...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nosnos on
What is my FSX bottleneck

What is my FSX bottleneck?

Hello, Please help me find my FSX bottleneck. Everything is fine mid air but when my plane is moving through a downloaded (f.e. Aerosoft airports) it gets really laggy. MBO: ASROCK 970 PRO 3 R2.0 CPU: AMD FX X6 66300 3.5GHZ, SIX CORE VGA: RADEON ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Rick G

Ground elevation on FSX Default 747-400

I might be blind, but not really, but I can not find how to see ground elevation, especially for ILS approaches. I tried watching several You Tube videos, but they breeze thru those so fast, if they did mention it, I missed it. Thanks if someone can poin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
frizz

Missing guages in downloaded aircraft and FSX aircraft.

Hi all, Have had a problem with my guages loading, from a previous post I changed fsx.CFG to fsx.bac. and it worked fine until I booted computer the next day. I actally copied the fsx.CFG file and deleted the original but it wouldn't paste so I returne...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
frizz on
Will.G

error 1722 and error 1603 on microsoft flght simulator X

Recently I uninstalled microsoft flight simulator X (because I got a third-party error message and air hauler addon wouldnt work)and reinstalled it but I got two error messages one was error 1722 and the other was error 1603 which said a fatal error had o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
isa iravani

mouse problem in full screen mode

hi friends my mouse cursor will disapear in full screen mode is any way to fix it? regards please send ur answers to my email isa_iravani@yahoo.com...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

KPHX 2011 installed and no jetways

Hi Folks Got FSX reloaded after years of collecting dust. Loaded up the PHX Sky Harbor 2011 update and the jetways are no where to be found. Had them on the old one but not this one. Any clues? Settings at dense or heavy and animation is turned on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Dave Garrett

cant hear Pilot or Tower talking in FSX

When I am flying any type of air craft in FSX I can not hear the pilots asking permission for take off or landing from tower and I can not her the towers response I only see the words printed on my scree. Any ideas of how i can fix this issue? Thanks, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Djlammerspilot

Texture install FSX steam edition , Doing the right things.?

Yoo guys, Trying to install already for like 5 hours textures like Britisch Airways , Ryanair, KLM , Air france. Its about the boeing 747-400 and 737-800 who are already installed in the game , only wana have new textures. If i put complete new ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
1up2down

Following a Flight Plan

Is there any way to get an aircraft in FSX to follow a flight plan after take off without having to go to the instrument panel to switch the NAV/GPS to GPS. I ask this because I want to be able to record flights from take off to landing in a spot plan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
1up2down on
Kevin R

Trying to land A321

I am trying to land an A321 but whenever I get close to touching down the autothrottle comes back on and I can't shut it off....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
lionlicker

Some VOR exercises in this thread. Please add yours.

This idea was born out of re-visiting the Lessons by Rod Machado in FSX >> Learning Centre. I wanted a series of text instructions that I could follow to practise VOR approaches and instrument flying. After developing these practise flights, I deci...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
jimmyberry

gps/nav where is it on the concore panel

where is the gps/nav on the concorde panel;...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Adpdudrdvda

FSX Steam graphics

I am 16 and i love FSX steam edition. I Am looking for ways to improve my graphics and was wondering what is the best product. I would prefer graphics in Seattle or the PNW area and i don't have hundreds of dollars to spend. I looked at products such as F...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Adpdudrdvda on
Daniel2706

FSX Help: Activation Error

I have installed FSX Gold Edition a while ago, recently I came back to the game and I wanted to open it up but on load screen I got this error: We're sorry, an unexpected error occurred which is preventing product activation from being completed. ER...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mpf858

Mercenary Rescue Mission - How Begin?

There’s an Avsim mission “mercrescue”, or “Mercenary Rescue Mission”, with a DC3. However, there’s no info in the Briefing on which heading to fly after takeoff; and there’s no Map, nor is there an in-flight arrow, any comm., or whatever. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Ashik Jayakumar

FSX Aircraft Textures Problem

Hi, I've been trying to battle the problem of blurry textures on AI aircraft in FSX. I know its not that important, but repetitively looking at blurry textures is getting quite annoying. I've tried looking into FSX settings and tweaking them. Anisotrophi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Chaaru Manjuraj

Where to find 'Airways' for PMDG 737 fmc?

Hi, I have PMDG 737, 747, 777 in my fsx. I'm learning PMDG flights. I was watching a video which is the tutorial of PMDG 737NGX. He'll set up flight plan by feeding the airways along with NDBs and Waypoints. I'll plan my flight using onlineflightplanne...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Ceren Alatas

Flight Simulator X mathematics

Hello everybody, For a project, I need to find out how mathematics is used in flight simulator x. Is there a way that I can change the landing angle? Moreover is it possible to find the distance between landing and departure points?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
Rick G

USA Flight Planner

I have been a long time user of Microsoft Flight Sims and have moved on to Flight Sim X the start of this year. I never fully utilized Flight Planners with past versions of Flight Sim, but decided to "venture out" with X. I begin my flights by choosin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick G on
1up2down

Is it possible to remove Low bridges from FSX

Can anyone tell me if its possible to remove bridges from FSX. The reason I ask this is because on the River Thames next to the millennium dome in London there are a series of very low foot bridges crossing the river making it impossible for anthing but a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
1up2down on
brando09

Civil Air Patrol Search Mission

Has anyone completed the Civil Air Patrol Mission in FSX? I cannot seem to get my aircraft (Maule) to climb to enough altitude to navigate around the mountains and valleys. I get to the first checkpoint (turn point 1) and after the other plane reports its...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The Gaming pilot on

Loading a Saved Game

How do I load a saved game? I have a saved game but I don't know how to load it. Also, I'm sort of stuck in the gliding mission, at the part I need to enter the second gate, where you have to glide along side the mountain, but I don't understand what t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flight Mike on
Bob Ciervo

FSX Product key won't activate

I have removed and reinstalled FSX and my product key will not activate program it is in Demo mode. Please help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
pacificapilot

UI custom music won't work

So I wanted to change my FSX UI music for the startup to something custom, not just the FSX001 and all those. So I imported a .wav file into the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\UIMusic folder, closed the folder, then op...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
tonyjeffs

FSX Elevator trim

Hi everyone. I am having problems when flying plane in FSX. Before & after take off I am unable to change the setting the elevator trim. The result of this is that the aircraft points straight up to the sky and nothing I do will correct this which res...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on

FSX Steam can other players see your addons?

I was just wondering. I got a Plane from the Steam store and i was wondering that other players can see it on online mode?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Chris White

Is there a free way to get fms data for QW 757?

About a week ago I bought the quality wings 757. I then realized that you needed to buy from navigraph or a similar site. Is there a free way to get fms data even if it's slightly outdated?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Sunsetter

.PLN to .RTE in FSX

Hello, Could someone tell me if there is a utility to convert .PLN routes to .RTE in FSX? I have the utility that does this or FS9 (pln2rte) but not in FSX. Also, I have a utility for FSX, but it only does .PLN to ,RT2. Thanks for your help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
keneek

error 1722 with Windows 10

I am trying to reinstall FSX delux on Windows 10. I have restored the computer because of some other problems and now I need to start over with FSX. Getting error 1722 when it is almost done installing. I have deleted all FSX files twice and still getting...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
snmark

Editing the aircraft.cfg file

The creator of the A330-300 for FSX Thomas Ruth, suggests to delete the two forward slashes (//) in the aircraft.cfg file to enable 'fly by wire' for this aircraft. I tried to do that, but was unable to as the required 'save as' did not allow the file to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Page 8 of 66