Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Al312

Minimum CPU & RAM to operate FSX ?

I am trying to establish whether an i5-10400 with 8GB RAM will run FSX with some fairly modern add-ons without hiccups.  The machine would have about 50GB installed in the HDD.  I do not believe FSX requires an SSD.  Also, will 8GB RAM be enough or wil...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Al312 on
Photo-Fella-53

Mega Packs for A380 and 787 Installation

I've tried installing both of these for fsx. I can't find any variants of the 787, then aren’t available to select. The A380 is there but only the first one, I do have all the variants selected check box selected.I have successfully installed a Thai A38...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Photo-Fella-53 on

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

When will we be able to buy MIcrosoft Flight simulator X? P.S. You guys should watch the preview of the game its un belivible!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
itickle88s on
Davidflies

Dates on Down Loads

When I get Fly Away emails with down loads available How do I know when these listed down loads are newer then what I have down loaded before.   Having a "Created/Update" date on the software would be so helpful....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Davidflies on
Fitzy71

747 ILS Setting

Can someone please tell me where the ILS Course setting display in the FSX default 747. It may be staring me right in the face but for the life of me i can't find it? So someone please tell me where its situated, i can't keep declaring missed approaches...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fsx1366 on
Don Hood

after flying mission that contained an engine failure in a c

after flying mission that contained an engine failure in a c172,I find I cannot free fly without that same failure occuring. How can I fix this so failure does not occur?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Hood on
VTOL XC-142

XC-142 Key Commmands?

XC-142 Key Commands? Shut off engines? Rotate Wing?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VTOL XC-142 on
reCAPTCHA

Can't decide on which simulation platform to use next ?

Hi, I have been using FSX for the last 13 years. As you can imagine everything I have upgraded has been based around this platform from all the add-on software to the hardware  flight panels. I have recently upgraded my computer as the old one is sputte...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
reCAPTCHA on
marmick1949

What download speed should I expect

Hi , I am new to this, can you tell me what speed i can expect after paying my $5.00 . At the moment I am downloading flight gear free flight simulator ( 4.0 GB     ) it has taken 2 hrs to download 1.6 GB. I did a speed test on my computer and it shows...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
marmick1949 on
444Pilot

Software to compliment Windows Defender in Windows 7

Hello all,I have the following specs: FSX (Acceleration)Windows 7 Professional 64 bitSystem Model: HP ProDesk 400 G1 MTProcessor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-4670S CPU@3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHzMemory: 4096MB RAMPage File: 3730 MB used, 4305MB availableDirec...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Kalnon on
444Pilot

IObit software issues

I am using IObit software--both free and premium, in addition to Windows Defender. I have Advanced SystemCare (free), Smart Game Booster, Defragment tool, IOBit software updater. Recently, I uninstalled McAfee software from my system (I figured that was t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Kalnon on
ChuckPCpilot

Weather Download Doesn't Work!

I'm running FSX Gold edition incl Accelerator (not steam) on Windows 10 on a souped up computer with 16 gb RAM and 16gb RAM Vid card and plenty of hard disk storage. However, I cant' download weather even when connected to the internet! Can anyone a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
helomech on
Bradagan1

X-Plane 11 where are you?

I used to love playing this version, but it crashes on startup and they tell you to send a report to somebody somewhere which seems useless because I never get an answer back. I had open the hidden files part, it ran for about 5 minutes, big mistake I gue...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bradagan1 on
sarboy

Reinstalling FSX problem

I uninstalled FSX to make room on my hard drive but now I've installed a bigger drive. I uninstalled it properly and also deleted anything that could be FSX related but now when I try to reinstall FSX I get the screen that gives two options, one to repair...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sarboy on
Huey Pilot

No Variations

I switched my FSX from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since I switched, I no longer have variations of different aircraft and copters. The variations are in each folder with the aircraft but only the first one on the list shows up. How can I fix it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Rey&G

Help tracking actions

Hi, i've been trying to search on the web some kind of tool like Virtual airlines acars that's allow me to track every actions that pilots do when flying, I'm not talking about standard tracking such as take off, flaps an so, I'm referring action beyond t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Invisible textures planes

Invisible texture few minutes during initial flight

When I first started up my fsx and departured from any Airport i lose the external text of the plane. If I restart the FSX or computer it goes back to normal again, but only temporaly. Is there a fix for this.  Nvidia GeForce Gt 740.  memory 8192 memor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Al312

Is there a way to make 2 objects "flyable" at the

I have two addons from Vertigo Studios, their excellent F6F Hellcat and the USS Enterprise (CV6).  I would like to fly the Hellcat off of the ship.  Unfortunately, the ship goes into FSX as an airplane and will not come up as a ship or as addon scenery....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Al312 on
juanpavan007

Extraction of 4.3 Gig file of B787's

After the download wanted to extract the contents.  Absolutely refuses to perform the task of extraction.  What might be the problem?  -John B...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
toufic jammal

i am having a problem installing flight simulator X, erorr

eror 1603...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
lionlicker

How to shut down the bombardier learjet ?

Hi 😀 - hav'nt been on this forum for a while - good to see it still going strong. Does anybody know how to shut down the turbines in the Lear 45 ? In practicing my flame out scenarios, I have to go into the fuel page (Alt F A) and remove al...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mr.Halifax on
pablohaich@aol.com

FSX issues after SP1 & 2 Install

I have recently installed SP1 & 2 to my FSX and since doing this the GPS map is not working, it's blurred and ILS feathers are in the wrong place on all aircraft, can anyone advise? Thanks ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pablohaich@aol.com on
faust1200

overcast in fsx?

I was reading a thread in hifisim's forum (active sky x) which talks about how there seems to be no way to set up an overcast layer. Specifically, flying above an overcast layer where the ground is totally obscured. I guess it had never occurred to me b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pete72 on
abmukh80

Controlling taxi speed/pushback

Hi guys, I hv 2 questions regarding ground handling in FSX. 1. Any clue how to maintain a constant taxi speed in a 747 or 737? I mean without throttling up and down constantly. I tried using the autobrakes on but was not too happy with it. I'm sure ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Kallol on
fsxguy

fsx gps holding

Hello i am wondering if anyone knows whether you can program a holding pattern into the fsx default GPS because I was flying and it was really busy and I almost got a holding pattern but I could not program it into the GPS so I said unable does anybody kn...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Dal007

FSX Fatal error message

Hello, I have been using Microsoft FSX for  a couple of years now and every now and then it crashes (the program...not me!) As it was quite infrequent I didn't pay it much attention. Recently I have bene playing it more and it seems to be crashing w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dal007 on
Kalnon

Garmin G1000 Addons?

I've been looking all over for an updated version of the generic Garmin gps unit that comes with planes that don't have them built in the MFD but so far I've come up empty.  Anyone know of any Garmin G1000 Addons? I've been hoping someone updated it w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
winner110

are the servers still up?

Hi, i was wondering, are the Multiplayer servers by GameSpy are still up?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
loggerguy

SP-1 and SP-2, how do I put them in the main file

I made the mistake of installing FSX without SP-1 and SP-2. My aircraft played for a while and then everything stopped. It then stated I needed SP-1 and SP-2. I downloaded them, but have been trying for several months to figure out how to put them into th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Egglet

Fsx freeware lag

I have a pretty good pc that can run alot of games. I had lots of freeware installed which caused lag. I uninstalled them and it and there was no lag. But in multyplayer where people use freeware. Every time I move my camera around the cockpit, I get craz...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Egglet on
adenoma

Optimizing aircraft library loading time?

Hi all! I've searched quite a bit all over the net for this specific information, but didn't found a precise answer. I have FSX-SE, with quite a number of additional aircraft, majorlly freewares but also a number of payware from Steam, and I started to ge...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Man.Bhas

Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta issues while loading.

Recently downloaded  Douglas C-47R Skytrain V3.12 Beta version and also .14 but for some reason i face this issue. Is there any way to fix this issue. Regards, Manu Bhas https://photos.app.goo.gl/rYeN7k2vqjA8GSyaA https://photos.app.goo.gl/BPN1hNf8Lt...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
rangerjones

start from carrier group

Is there any new tools that allow me to start my plane from aircraft carrier that I give specific locations?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jaschhabra10

How to know which frequency is right to talk to ground/ATC

Hello, if some has flown PMDG 737 NGX by making route and setting up FMC manually for route, If possible, I want to come on chat to understand departure steps like 1. Requesting Taxi Clearance to the runway which I have inserted on FMC2. Requesting Take ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jaschhabra10

FSX ATC request for Departure on PMDG 737 NGX

Hello,  This is Jas, while flying On PMDG 737 NGX on fsx, how I can obtain contact with atc for taxi, departure and take off clearance? Let's say I am going from KLAX to KPHX. Hope to see some advice. Thanks  Jas...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Guy Dufour

Blinking lights of the aircraaft

When the lights are on, outside the aircraft and the tires have the same problem when landing .the smoke and the lights are square instead of being blinking.This problem  occurs since one or two weeks and i did not make any change in the aircraft. Thank...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Gionni

Twin GNS 430 GPS on Carenado Piper Seneca V

I've been going crazy for a few days to understand the purpose and use of the two GNS 430 mounted on the Seneca V Carenado. To fly with GPS, one is enough; I tried to fly with the traditional Vor system in Vor, thinking that I could set a route on GPS1 an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
KENNETH.M

FSX acceleration product activation key needed......

Hey....... ​​​​​​My FSX acceleration needs a product activation key and I don't have since I downloaded it online..... What should I enter as the product key??  ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jrbjunk@bresnan.net

progressive taxi hidden

Any tweek available/known for getting the progressive taxi back to "visible". After installing unknown scenery updates teh progressive taxi feature shows ever-so-briefly then is covered up. Any suggestion to get this layer visible when selected would be v...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jrbjunk@bresnsn.net on
magicands

Runways on a shelf?

Why are some of my runways appearing to be sat on a ledge/shelf as I approach them ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
magicands on
Robert206

Plane & Buildings vanish

Hi all Could someone please help me as i am having some isues with flghtsim X when i load the game and play then change views this happens the plane and building vanish. Its like they are ghosts. Any help would be realy greatful  ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Tracy

GPWS Call Outs

How can I disable GPWS call outs on some of my aircraft?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Stephen N.

Openning Screen

Been using MS-FS since it's inception. Curious if anyone knows a way, that I have been unable to find, to enlarge the openning screen (Home - Free Flight - Mission - et cetra).  It only fits roughly half the screen and can be very difficault for these o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Tomi Malv

airport realistics.

HI! I have a question. I want more realistic cargo trucks and please put stairtrucks in microsoft flight simulator steam edition.                                                          thanky...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Al312

DLL.XML missing?

Hello Again, I've just tried to download MilViz F-100D to FSX using Windows 10.  During the download the dialog box "DLL.XML not found. A manual search and update is recommended."  I nevertheless proceeded with the download.  Certain items in the cock...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Tomi Malv

captain of a380

Hi! Im from estonia! I want to ask something, are the stairtrucks in fsx? when fsx dont have stairtrucks, could you please put stairtrucks and terminal buses in fsx? and please put airbus a380 and beluga airbus too. Tomi Malv...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
freedspeak

UTX USA update?

Flight 1 now has a 1.1 update for the FSX UTX USA. Anyone know what it will do or address?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Junior Pires

Error FSX - Insert the disk

Hi guys! I have a problem to install my FSX so first of all I already had the FSX on my PC I had some problems and then I uninstalled the game and when I trying to install I put the first CD and then the second around 97% the game stops and ask to put the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
yvrjml

Air New Zealand 777-200LR

no virutal cockpit and 2 d cockpit is mostly blank, just beige outline and no guages etc... I extracted the folder to my simobjects\airplanes folder in the steam, steamapps, common, fsx folder. ... any idea why panel may be completely blank, and was there...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Al312

Static aircraft at gates?

Hello again.  Can you recommend an add-on for FSX that provides static aircraft at airport gates?  Some of the airport and terminal add-ons are really great, except that they are empty.  Who has ever been to a major airport that's deserted?   ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Page 4 of 66