Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

matt_flyaway

GPS, Autopilot and Loading Approaches

While flying any kind of default FSX airplane, I am looking for more information on how to use all the GPS, Autopilot and Approach components. I want this to be as real life as possible. Does anyone have some added information that will help? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flightsimdad518 on
Swanluke

Added planes at gates

Ive noticed on various youtube videos that you can have planes that you have added also at airport gates (if that makes sense) ive added various planes e.g. Easyjet,Thomson and can freely use them but how can I see an Easyjet plan at a gate instead of the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flightsimdad518 on
jv23

How do you select to Zoom?

Wasn't sure how to phrase this question...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jv23 on
Hasmenesfiu

Railway Scenery?

In the real world, there are definitely railways! Microsoft has absolutely no seenery of railways to fly over whatsoever! Plus there are (like the Kansai Int'l Airport serving the greater Osaka area) in real life there is an airport train that crosses ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
serhgut

Cockpit Altitude call out

Just wondering if FSX has a computer automated voice that calls out altitude during approach, like in real life. I have heard other FS's that have it just wondering if there is an addon or if I don't have it turned on. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pusser on
Sam NZ

Wanted: Wellington NZ airport crash simulations

I am looking for someone who might be willing to create a simulation of an aircraft at Wellington Airport in NZ. The purpose of the video is to set the scene for an emergency response desktop exercise. A simulation adds some reality to the scenario and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sam NZ on
Thombo

Error 1935 - Rolling back action

When I'm installing FSX I keep getting an error 1935, it stops installing and it removes all installed files from my pc... Can someone help me with this problem?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fuzzy9001 on
mitch0508

ILS landing tutorial

hi i have been looking for a good tutorial on google and on youtube on how to use ILS to line me up with the runway and to use the glide slope but so far i have used about 3 or 4 tutorials and none of them have worked. could someone please recomend on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pusser on

Flight Simulator X Bombardier CRJ-700 download

Hi everyone. I recently accidently deleted my Bombardier CRJ-700 plane from the sim objects airplane file in fsx. I dont want to restore the game for just regaining one plane. Is there any way someone could post or upload a link to where I can download th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pusser on
oldsamer

fsX deluxe v gold ?

I didn't think there would be a difference between an older deluxe w/ sp1 & sp2 on winXp (DX9) and Gold & Acceleration on win7 (DX10 preview). But I have both examples running on computers side by side. Both sets of scenery sliders pushed to the max. S...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
wack

FSN Carrier Problems

Okay. I downloaded FlightSim Nation's Nimitz class carrier. I Used the auto installer, but when I go to the Select an aricraft page, the carrier doesnt appear. Is this just an update for an earlier craft? I've tried downloading it 3 times with no luck eac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PrinceMuga on
nmcintosh

FSX slowing Down

I have been playing fsx for a couple years but a couple of months ago fsx started slowing down it skips and jumps and then returns to a some what normal FPS. I have a couple payware aircraft and thats about it when it comes to addons. Any Ideas suggestion...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
GPSpector

Uninstalling and re-installing FSX problems

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. The problem started when I decided to switch from Win 7 32Bit with 4GB RAM to Win 64Bit with 14GB RAM. I decided to uninstall FSX prior to the change and moved all my Personal FSX files/records (so I c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jege23

Huge problem

Hi everyone, I have been playing FSX the last month perfectly in ultra high all... Since i started add Addonscenery and airplanes, since then i expirience some problems: 1) After loading, my airplane is crashing, or (disable crashes) bouncing inside the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
henedu on
Dave Schwartz

Cockpit view takes up the whole screen

I just started using FSX today. Last time I flight simmed, it was with FS 2004 or something like that. I noticed right away that when I was in cockpit view, the instrument panel took up nearly 80% of my screen and I couldn't see over the top. When I sw...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
plugnickel58 on
ramccli

Lost ATC Voices

A couple of days ago, I lost the sound (voices) of ATC. Thought that it was my headset and tried another pair...still no voices. I uninstalled FSX and reinstalled, but still no voices. I have engine sounds on all aircraft that I have loaded. Can anyon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pusser on
Rolaids

Sound Barrier

Does anyone know of a plane that can easily break the sound barrier and has great effects to show that it happened? I have seen pics people posted of the ring of vapor coming off a F-18 and would love to have a plane that had these effects. Thanks Rolaids...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dio2003 on
k_camacho11

Why Does FSX Run Slow In My Comp??!?!

My system: 2.80 GhZ, 1.9 GB of RAM, Pentium D, Intel(R) i945G Graphics Card, over 262.98GB of free space. I don't know if my system is perfect to use FSX, but I get an average frame rate of 3.1 frames a sec!!! Should it be that bad? I have all my setti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BankaiStory on
Mario-Austria

FSXAI Installer

Hello I can also run this program as it is but when I click Install clicke: An unhandled exception occurred in the application. Klichen on "Next" to ignore the error and continue with the application. If you click "Finish" Click, quits the applicati...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mario-Austria on
Natalia

Wind speed and ground speed

Hi! Do you know how can I get the current winds from the glass cockpit G1000, while using the flight Simulator X? Is it a way to get my groundspeed, or do I have to always calculate it? Thank you in advance for your help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Natalia on
syed zain

fsx deluxe on win7 home basic 64 bit

hello, i just got myself a new laptop which came loaded with win 7 home basic 64 bit.........can i play FSX deluxe at all?.My hardWare supports the requirements.......i have the game installed but it doesnt work...i run it in compatibility mode but eve ti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
dl295

Sonic Boom

Been trying all day to get a decent shot of a sonic boom, heres my best so far....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
waj2306

Jetway Adjustment/Alignment

I resently downloaded GSX and am using the FSX CTL+J to set the jetways. I am using the default AC and would like to adjust the alignment to better connect/lineup with the AC. I have read a few how-to's, but I am hoping for a faster cut and paste way to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
waj2306 on
mexxx

fsx and traffic X please help

i have a problem every time i tire to install traffic x i get this message Invalid Data found 0x0003039f please can some one help me sorry for my english i am bad at it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mexxx on
matt_flyaway

KIAS or TAS

I have been flying the bigger jets these days. I am curious to know if KIAS or TAS is the way to go? I have downloaded checklists for all the planes for FSX. The use KIAS in them but my real world source says KTS. Any help would be appreciated!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
matt_flyaway on

closest airport to golden gate bridge

which is the nearest airport to golden gate bridge in FSX ? pls give me the name and airport number...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
P-3BORION on
oldsamer

Where did the avatars go ?

Been gone a couple of years, must be a new server, although my account is still good. https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/37966/where-did-avatars-go_303d898e49a5a68f368f052e4207e85d.jpg I'm migrating to a win7pro 64bit box how does ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
AdilX

MS FSX on a old FS hardware,possible?

Hi guys,I'm a uni student in London and I'm gathering informations about flight sims software and hardware-wise....I'm currently involved in a uni project about upgrading a Frasca 242 which is a full flight sim with a FS software.I have never seen this do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
mondo19

Park Brake/Brake light Problem

Brake light indication has always been ok (red light in left lower corner of screen) but now it has disappeared, brakes still work ok. Can't seem to find a solution,can anybody help ? 😞 Brakes not working at all !!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mondo19 on
Mike_Oxtinks

Uploads - How long do they take to get passed?

Hi Chaps Anyone know how long it takes to get an Upload included in the Mission section. I uploaded a link 3 weeks ago and haven't seen anything yet. My second mission is almost ready (its a comedy- Yes you read that right) so I'm just wondering ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
moesalah

Flight Simulator 2004 Won't Start and Crashes

hey, ever sincei installed fs (flight simulator) 2004.. it wont start up... then i installed the update... it would load a few things then crash... im using windows 7 32bit......... any suggestions????...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
moesalah on
Jon89

Camera neutral movement it's annoying

Hello everybody, actually i am flying with a xbox360 gamepad and i am having some problemas with the right joystick, i use it to move the camera around the cockpit and around the airplane, but when i release the joystick the camera go back to te neutral p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jon89 on
fonopal

15-20 FPS with a Crossfire setup

Hallo Simmers. My system consists of a i7 920 2.67MHz,a P6T6 WS Revolution Motherboard, SSD Hard disk 240 GB, a raid array 0 with 2x 500GB HDD, 2x ATI Graphic cards, Radeon HD series 5800 Crossfire, 6144 MB DDR3 RAM,Win7 Ultimate, a 26"Montor. I run th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
klh61

Sound from radio commands

I'm having a problem with no sound. There is sound from everything but the people talking on the radio. Any help would be great. Thanks. Kevin....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flightsimdad518 on

VFR Departure Class Bravo Airspace

As far as I know, anytime you are going to set your feet inside of a Class Bravo airspace you need an ATC Clearence. No matter if you are arrivng, departing or just passing through the airspace, you need that. In Flight Simulator you can ask the ATC a Cle...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flightsimdad518 on
timest

REX Essential Release

Folks, In LESS than 2 hours REX Essential for FSX and Prepar3D will be released... FREE to all of our current customers. If you do not own REX, the flightsimstore.com will have it ready as well. Visit our forum and get verified so you may have access...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
timest on
timest

REX Essential

Gents, Just a heads-up, as a pre-release glimpse, we have released the user manual for REX Essential for FSX and Prepar3D... and remember, it's FREE to all of you current REX customers. Link available here: http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
timest on
renesis

Where have the wingtip voticies gone?

Hi, I have noticed that the wingtip voticies have disappeared from some (not all) of my FSX aircraft. I have various add-ons such as Level-D, PMDG NGX and Captain Sim 757 but none of these generate voticies whereas they used to. To check it further ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
renesis on
cvbcbcmv

Two questions about FSX

Hey guys, I have two questions, any help would be VERY appreciated. 1. I can't run my settings under display settings very high without lagging. Everything set around medium or I get lag. I bought my computer with FSX in mind so I don't think things sh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Seans on
Sean S

Any Good VAs still operating today?

Hello all! I was wondering if there are any good VAs I could become a member of. I am new to this stuff and need some recommendations. Thanks for the help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sean S on
matt_flyaway

Video Replay

I have tried many times to record flights. When I go back and play the recording my computer locks up and FSX has to shutdown. Even after it restarts if I go back into the saved log of videos and play one, my computer goes wacko and FSX needs to shutdow...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
N121WW

Ibuypower WA501D3

Is this a good rig for fsx?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
oldave

Uninstall FSX Deluxe Before Installing Gold

I will be getting FSX "Gold" this Friday and was wondering if I should completely uninstall FSX "Deluxe" which is installed on my computer right now... I Have the Saitek Yoke and Trottle Quadrant and will be getting the Saitek Rudder Pedals and FSX "Gold...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldave on
eyton402

scenic flights

I am going to take the beautiful Carenado BONANZA V35B for a spin. Can anyone suggest an attractive scenic route for the trip. Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lanepulcini on
oldave

Add-On Aircraft Question...???

I have downloaded The following aircraft from Sim-Shack: Piper Arrow..., Cirrus SR22-GTS... and the Honda Jet... These aircraft show up in my aircraft options in the FSX Free Flight section, but when I go to fly them there are no panel gauges, aircraft ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Genetk44

install and activation problem

Ok...so i bit the bullet and bought and downloaded Flight Simulator X from the Microsoft store. I downloaded all the files etc and then tried to activate the game but about halfway through the process a dialogue box comes up saying there is an unspecified...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Genetk44 on
oldave

FSX Deluxe vs FSX Gold

I am curious as to what differences there is between FSX Deluxe vs FSX Gold... Are there more planes and features with the Gold Edition...??? I have the Deluxe Edition installed, but have a chance to get the Gold Edition for $20... Thanks for any info....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
dduhrkoop

FSX Deluxe requires the activation key to be reactivated.

I have owned a licensed copy of FSX 10 Deluxe for several years. Over that time I have had to uninstall and reinstall several times. With each installation I entered the Key for the Flight Simulator and another key for the Acceleration Pack during the i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mickwill

Missing Menu Bar!

Hi All, I have just got around to moving FSX to my new number cruncher (Intel Quad 2.6GHZ, nVidia 9600GSO 768MB, 4GB Ram). So I installed from the DVD's, Service Packed up to SP2 and I now have a really wiered problem. 1) Holding ALT to bring down t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GuestFTW on
flightsimdad518

Adding Doors To Air Force One....

Can anyone help me??? I want to add the two lower deck doors to my FSX Air Force One model.... I want to use the door and airstair setup from the P-3 Orion... I realize that this is not a perfect match to the real aircraft but they will be better than not...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flightsimdad518 on

66 pages with 3285 questions.

previous1234567891011121314151617181920212223...6566next
Page 16 of 66