Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

KBRGUEST

Display Flight Information in Locked Spot Mode

How do I turn on the red display at the top of the screen that shows lat/long, kias, altitude, wind velocity and direction, etc? I have forgotten how to toggle it when in locked spot mode! It is very useful when on approach and landing in locked spot mo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
noob123

FSX Install stops

Hello. My better computer is broken, and it is in repair, and because of that, i wanted play FSX Deluxe with my laptop. But when install is in that process where is maybe about half installed and there is Boeing 747 in sky picture, installation stops, it ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Conn000 on

Can't get new control settings to save, any suggestions?

I don't know i anyone else has this problem. When I change the assignments for the key/joystick, the changes will work for the flight I have in progress, however the next time I open FXS, the program will revert back to the key/joystick control settings I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
renesis

Too much to expect?

Hi guys and gals, So I'm geeting a bit long in the tooth with this computer business and gone are the days of 486's, pentiums and p2ntium 2's which were cutting edge in my day. |But gladly tech moves on. So, on the advice of a good friend and having...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
markhyder

Kneeboard addon

I need a kneeboard addon for 737-800, But the speed has to be in knot for the uk. Is there any addons?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
markhyder on

time limit crack ?

has any one made a crack for the time limit in fsx starting to get annoying ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
nyguy72000

Strange Effects

From out of the blue, all of the lights in FSX, aircraft, runways, etc.; are surrounded by a small square. Don't knw what that's all about. To make matters worse, I took off in a DC-7 and hit the smoke button. The smoke appeared - but in the vertical pla...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
danno25

Many problems with FSX

hey there i have just set up fsx on my laptop and 2 things really first off i dont no how to set the plane so all the systems r off from the start its keeps starting the flight with the engines already running and secondly some on the instruments on the d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
johnr4330

FSX Loading Slow

When I start the FSX sim it can take ant where from 1 to 7 minutes to load. What is going on. I have an HP AMD X4 and have 8 gig of ram. Any ideas. Please help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilot663 on
hengchianwee

How to download texture

Can anyone out there teach me "how to download a texture for fsx Thank you to anyone who can help me...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
hengchianwee

Is there any Downloard scenery for the world airport?

Hi everyone in fs world I wonder is there any Downloard scenery for the world airport? Like my Singapore airport or the rest of the world Thank you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
fasteddie60

Saitek's new BIP

Been awhile since I have been on this forum, but have gotten good help in the past. Just wanted to know if anyone out there has the Saitek BIP and knows if you can assigned specific switches to specific lights. For example, I have two lights that tell m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fasteddie60 on
chrissie

Tower Controller in FSX Deluxe Question

What in the hell is the Tower Controller does and what feature is that???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
B753Pilot on
Spoty101

FSX Screen Flickering

Hi, I have been looking on the web for a fix to my screen flickering to no prevail. Could someone help me and tell me if there is a possible fix for this? I know it happens on the DX10 preview but it also does it when I run DX9. The runways texture flicke...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Laurieltw on
MrPooperScooper

Terrafugia "The flying Car"

Has 1 been added to the add ons here on flyaway? This craft really excites me. I'm 31years old right meow. Hoping to own 1 by 60.. lol by then either humans won't be here anymore or we will have carcrafts going into space... What a dream that would be Eh?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

Lost FSX Product Key

I have contacted Microsoft about 3 times before, due to this lost product key. now since i wiped my computers hard drive, i don't feel like calling them again. so i was wondering if any of you actual buyers of the game, like myself, can tell me the produc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on

Graphics problem

Hey, i am running FSX with a fairly high end video card, an overclocked nVIDIA Go 7900 GS, yet everytime i go into game, if i use high settings, ultra high, or low settings, the graphics look like complete crap. I can see everything fine, but the graphics...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
naflod

Wow, got really quiet!

Is everyone on summer vacation? Or did my PC crash cause everyone to stop posting? :c)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
wolfy9

Help to add livery on downloaded aircraft

I have downloaded a couple of add on planes for FSX. They show their paint colour in the preview but after selecting them, they do not have any livery while flying. What do i need to do to rectify this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wolfy9 on
naflod

Reinstall not working

Hi guys. I just changed out some hardware and installed Windows 7. I did a clean install of FSX with no problems. Now when I try to install Acceleration it starts caching files and then says it's rolling back. It then gives me a screen that says: ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
naflod on
fasteddie60

Changing current location and aircraft in free flight screen

I am missing it somewhere, but I cannot seem to figure out how to change the current location or current aircraft in the free flight screen. Where do I look to make the changes, if I can? I would like to add that what I want to change is the default loc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pacau02 on
Gommy

My FSX does not startup anymore

Yesterday evening i was happily enjoying a session of FSX, finished a flight and pressed Esc to finish up and return to the Menu screen etc. Before i closed the program I thought id have a browse of my logbook when the program seemed to stall. After w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
timcurtin

fsx 2d panels invisible

Hi all, So out of no where the 2d panels disapeared, along with all the worlds 3d terrain including buildings and trees. Good news is, i almost started crying with tears of joy, my fps has shot up and is averaging between high 100's and mid 200's AWESO...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

how to turn on the panels on fsx

I got fsx new and I downloaded a couple planes and but the panels aren't shpwing like The altmeters nav but i don;t know how to turn them on please help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jrocky on

flight sim activation

a few years back i bought flight simulator delux. after installing it on my first computer i bought the acceleration expansion pack. i tried installing that on my computer and apparently my graphics card wasn't powerful enough, so installed it on a second...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
davidmac1

turn off seatbelt sign in fs passengers

can you turn seat belt signs on and off in flight simulator passengers?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Barry2002 on
flierdude

Single Player Free Flight Question

Hey everybody. I've been flying in Microsoft Flight Simulator X for awhile now and one thing occurred to me. I don't know if there is a way to communicate with the ATC using an actual microphone and your own voice but if there is could you please tell me ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
cuartz7o

Marshall Islands Tour

Hey All, So I haven't done a video in over 6 months (busy with a new job) but I found some time today to make the video of the first part of my journey: Amata Kabua International (PKMJ) to Ine (N20). Ine is a small island off the coast of Amo. Ine f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
PJMofBC

I want to repaint all my planes in Flightsim x

Any suggestions on which program I can get thats easy to learn. I would like to repaint my planes...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
naflod on

stupid fsx

At the start i activated and don everything you need to do to install it and my computer has gone crazy it goes black and says "Thankyou for playing the TRIAL VERSION!!! of microsoft flight simulator x PLEASE ACTIVATE THE PRODUCT TO CONTINUE PLAYING!! a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
TSJones

Unable To Install Flight Simulator X: Deluxe Edition

Hey guys, I have been searching for hours on end looking for a solution to this problem. But I have found NOTHING. >,< I've talked to Microsoft, but they haven't even been able to fix it. :evil:I've come to the conclusion that re-formatting my ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cuartz7o on
RayGignac

Cessna Caravan with Garmin GS530 and GS430...

How do I setup the AP (autopilot) to a desire altidude so that the AP will maintain this altitude under AP? Thanks in advance for any help on this request...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
naflod on
ice123

FSX Activation Prompt did not appear?

Hi, I'm having problems activating my fsx, the manual said "Activate the software the first time you start Flight Simulator X.When prompted, follow the simple on-screen instructions." Now the problem is, the PROMPT DID NOT APPEAR. What should I do? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jrocky on
Carlin

[ Poll ] SDK Installation?

I want to use the SDK but have no idea how to install it! Please help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
Planedude

RUDDER

hi, my rudder is not working and it randomly turns to the right which disables me from operating my airplane properly, what can i do to fix the problem???? it's really starting to make me mad because i cant play fsx anymore! P.S. my autorudder is off n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on

Someone Please Help!!!

FSX is really starting to annoy me. I bought this program when it first came out, installed it on a not quite up to the task computer, and was not impressed so I kept on with FS2004. We recently had to purchase a new computer so I was keeping FSX in min...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on

Three Novice Questions About Flight Simulator

I am a novice to flight simulator, and flying. I have been enjoying flying around in a Moony Bravo in Flight Simulator. As of now, I keep the malfunction setting so no malfunctions occur. I have three questions about it. 1. Often, air traffic control t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on

Fixed Point View

Hey There, maybe this has been discussed before...but anyway I need some help with my camera view points... Normaly I fly the Nemeth Design EC 135 with a wonderful working "Fixed Point View", but this one is missed in most aircraft Packages... As I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
truckernick

Level D 767 NO SOUND!!!

I recently got the Level D 767, but no sound engine sound, no sound packs or anything fix the problem, everywhere else there is sound like wind in the cockpit, and the pilots talking, but no engine sound, it's getting on my nerves. Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
GundamWZero

Iris Simulations F-22 Raptor

Another collection from the Iris Sim fleet: a pretty decent fighter with room for improvement. Very agile to boot too; can put it into and pull it out of a stall at 1000 ft. Bad thing is that with the ability to super-cruise, most guys forget to adjust th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on

aircraft placement

I have the problem of when i select for the aircraft to be placed on the runway fsx places it by the side of the runway and i was wondering if it can corrected and how...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
EATCO

EATCO - Premiere Today!, ATC service Sweden

Hello all, Today a new project will be started. EATCO or European Air Traffic Controller Organisation, which is a for now Swedish ATC multiplayer season via Hamachi. We are currently looking for ATC to cover ALL airports and airspaces in Sweden. For now ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
EATCO on
Barnsy

FSX MEMORY ERROR

Hello, After approximately 20 minutes of flying in Flight Simulator X, it freezes and displays this error: The instruction :0x7c809823" references memory at "0x1169a3b4". The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate the program. Here is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Barnsy on
jtej

Dual Monitors at same time with FSX

Question I have is does anyone have 2 monitors and can utilize them at the same time on fsx. If so how do you do it. I have one video card installed and both my monitors run off it. I want to be able to have it streach across both monitors...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
KentThePineapple

Where is the Activation Key Stored After Installation?

I recently built a new computer, and, owning FSX gold and acceleration, hoped to play them on it. When I went to install however, I realized that I didn't have any of the packaging (AKA activation key) from when I bought them. I only have it installed on ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
truckernick

AIRPORT ISSUES!!! Please Help

I installed two flytampa airports today, Tampa and Buffalo, but both installed well and work well, they just overlap the default ones, awkward airports, double vision runways, it's pretty annoying and i don't know how to disable the default ones. They ar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
nutjackuk1966

How to turn aircraft on the ground?

How is it possible to turn an aircraft on the ground when taxiing without having to use the rudder? Is it possible to mke the front wheel turn using keyboard instructions? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
renesis

FSX AI Traffic tags

How can I show the AI traffic labels showing Airline, Flightplan, Callsign within FSX? I went into the FSX.cfg file and changed the respective lines to "1" but they still don't show what I want. There is no option within FSX menu to change these or ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on

3 or Monitor supporting Video Card advice?

I'm currently using a NIVIDIA GT 240 video card. It has three outputs but will only allow me to use two monitors at a time. What model video card gives good support for three (3) monitors with FSX? I'm on Windows 7 with 16GB of Ram, etc. and have a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Kumorigoe on
tommy20a

FSX Deluxe Edition and Windows 7

Can anyone tell me if FSX Deluxe Edition is compatable with Windows 7 64bit? There appears to be conflicting information out there, even from Microsoft. If this is not compatable, what version of FSX is compatable with windows 7 64bit? Thank you ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

66 pages with 3285 questions.

previous1234567891011121314151617181920212223...6566next
Page 18 of 66