Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Chaaru Manjuraj

Where to find 'Airways' for PMDG 737 fmc?

Hi, I have PMDG 737, 747, 777 in my fsx. I'm learning PMDG flights. I was watching a video which is the tutorial of PMDG 737NGX. He'll set up flight plan by feeding the airways along with NDBs and Waypoints. I'll plan my flight using onlineflightplanne...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
EV54

FSX Grob trainer

Hi, new to this and am finding it confusing. How do I get to sit in the left hand seat? Each time I load Grob in, I find I am in the trainers seat!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
EV54 on
Ceren Alatas

Flight Simulator X mathematics

Hello everybody, For a project, I need to find out how mathematics is used in flight simulator x. Is there a way that I can change the landing angle? Moreover is it possible to find the distance between landing and departure points?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
Rick G

USA Flight Planner

I have been a long time user of Microsoft Flight Sims and have moved on to Flight Sim X the start of this year. I never fully utilized Flight Planners with past versions of Flight Sim, but decided to "venture out" with X. I begin my flights by choosin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick G on
1up2down

Is it possible to remove Low bridges from FSX

Can anyone tell me if its possible to remove bridges from FSX. The reason I ask this is because on the River Thames next to the millennium dome in London there are a series of very low foot bridges crossing the river making it impossible for anthing but a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
1up2down on
brando09

Civil Air Patrol Search Mission

Has anyone completed the Civil Air Patrol Mission in FSX? I cannot seem to get my aircraft (Maule) to climb to enough altitude to navigate around the mountains and valleys. I get to the first checkpoint (turn point 1) and after the other plane reports its...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The Gaming pilot on

Loading a Saved Game

How do I load a saved game? I have a saved game but I don't know how to load it. Also, I'm sort of stuck in the gliding mission, at the part I need to enter the second gate, where you have to glide along side the mountain, but I don't understand what t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flight Mike on
Bob Ciervo

FSX Product key won't activate

I have removed and reinstalled FSX and my product key will not activate program it is in Demo mode. Please help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
pacificapilot

UI custom music won't work

So I wanted to change my FSX UI music for the startup to something custom, not just the FSX001 and all those. So I imported a .wav file into the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\UIMusic folder, closed the folder, then op...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
tonyjeffs

FSX Elevator trim

Hi everyone. I am having problems when flying plane in FSX. Before & after take off I am unable to change the setting the elevator trim. The result of this is that the aircraft points straight up to the sky and nothing I do will correct this which res...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on

FSX Steam can other players see your addons?

I was just wondering. I got a Plane from the Steam store and i was wondering that other players can see it on online mode?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Chris White

Is there a free way to get fms data for QW 757?

About a week ago I bought the quality wings 757. I then realized that you needed to buy from navigraph or a similar site. Is there a free way to get fms data even if it's slightly outdated?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Sunsetter

.PLN to .RTE in FSX

Hello, Could someone tell me if there is a utility to convert .PLN routes to .RTE in FSX? I have the utility that does this or FS9 (pln2rte) but not in FSX. Also, I have a utility for FSX, but it only does .PLN to ,RT2. Thanks for your help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
keneek

error 1722 with Windows 10

I am trying to reinstall FSX delux on Windows 10. I have restored the computer because of some other problems and now I need to start over with FSX. Getting error 1722 when it is almost done installing. I have deleted all FSX files twice and still getting...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
snmark

Editing the aircraft.cfg file

The creator of the A330-300 for FSX Thomas Ruth, suggests to delete the two forward slashes (//) in the aircraft.cfg file to enable 'fly by wire' for this aircraft. I tried to do that, but was unable to as the required 'save as' did not allow the file to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SNBelgianAirlins

A smooth way for taxiing

Hallo I fly flight simulator for many years now, but still I have a small but important problem. You see, when I was taxiing in FS9 I could slowly turn the rudder to the left or right and then to break-even I could push the button which I've had ap...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RickG on
themikewilson

Carrier launch failiure/stall

I've had 2 aircraft fail to launch from a catapult in the last days. I'm setting the carrier from "aicar2r2" 10km off shore from Whidbey NAS, take off and land on the carrier. I take the aircraft to the catapult and everything works as it should in connec...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Qantas_here_I_come

Stairs instead of jetways

Hi all 😎 Just wondering whether you are able to bring stairs to your aircraft if the ATC has not directed you to a particular jetway? and also whether you are able to get a food truck because i have seen them driving around but haven't be a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
milesmiles17 on
rafferty5268

FSX - Shift_Enter and Shift_Backspace Don't Work ??

FS9 and previous allow one to lower or heighten the horizon above the combing of the intruments panel e.g. see the ground in a climb to flight level etc. Trying to do this in FSX produces no shift of screen and angle of cimb view at all. Tried it on thre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DavidDGFly on
Jack Sandland

Scenery CFG file missing .

I installed Horizon Central England VFR scenery , and Horizon Vol 2 Airfields . The Airfields were all surrounded by large areas of what looked like water . I , therefore , uninstalled the scenery , leaving the airfields installed , and installed Just Fl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Sam Rosner

Using the Scenery Library

I have been playing around with FSX for years but only now that I have retired am I getting more serious about it. The result of this is that I find that I know so little it is amazing. I will probably have lots of questions but right now just trying t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
444Pilot

How to properly uninstall FSX (w/ Acceleration)

Hello All, I have Windows 7 Professional. I am trying to uninstall and reinstall the FSX software on my system (I just changed/ upgraded my graphics card). It looks like it may be a painstaking exercise. I am trying to uninstall my add ons first. What...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
444Pilot on
Malafor

NO VC just a Black box

Well i got FSX-SE 5 days ago and had nothing but trouble with it.Most of which has now been sorted. But the major bug i have is when i launch the game into 5760x1080. The Virtual Cockpit shows a black screen.If i launch it in 1920x1080 its all fine. I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Pascal van Vliet

fsx texture problems PLZZZZZZZZZZz fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://prntscr.com/a9g4x5 this is my prblem ^...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RWY12

Rwy 12 SYNC/FS position button is greyed out

I have used RWY 12 for many years with MS XP with no problems. I now have MS10 installed and now wish to use RWY12. Everything has been installed including FSUIPC,MSXML.MSI and Dotnetfx NET framework. The Object Placer's SYNC/FS Position Button does not ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Agent Orange

Slingload tutorial -- problems w/ payload

In the mission "Slingload Tutorial", as soon as I hook on to the pile of crates, they bounce up into my chopper and register a crash! Is this a software bug, or is it something I'm doing wrong (altitude too low, too much airspeed, etc.)? If this is pilo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agent Orange on
Agent Orange

Slingload tutorial bug

When starting the Slingload Tutorial mission in FSX on Windows 8, the mission ends before it begins: as soon as I switch my view to cockpit view (which I always do in every mission -- I use either the virtual cockpit or 2-D cockpit at all times, since I c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agent Orange on
Edgar Freitas

Joystick throttles / FSUIPC / 2 Throttle levers assignments

Hello, I have a MADCATZ FLY 5 Joystick, with 2 throttle levers, and I want to make those 2 levers, control the 4 engines of the pmdg 747. I know I can do it with FSUIPC, but the problem is that the latest version of FSUIPC doesn´t record(if this is ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
1LtLoric

FSX: How can I make my plane do a cobra manuver?

Ok. So. I just downloaded the F/A-37 Talon from Simviation. And I also just watched the movie Stealth. I was wondering, how can I make my F-37 do a cobra like in the movie? I know it's a cfg file thing. Can someone post a cfg file that'll let me do a cobr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Delta16 on
7ECA-Captain

Float Plane Bases??

HI, Just wondering if there are any actual bases for the float planes in FSX? I am currently flting into X44 and have flown around Seattle, but when landing on water, there doesn't seem to be a ramp or parking area to fuel, unload your cargo, or passenger...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Ben Wisdom

FSX Acceleration Gauge and Panel Corruption Issues?

Good Afternoon All, I've been putting up with this glitch for quite some time but now I'm wondering if there's a way to fix it. After I installed FSX Acceleration (FSX Gold Edition) I noticed a slight distortion of my default gauges and panels. It's...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Richard Keen on

error 1305

I just bought the game and on very first install i got an error 1305 message saying a certain texture file is missing. Can anyone help me with this...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FSXGAMER on
craigsm92

planning descent on fmc (pmdg 737)

Hi! So i've put my route into the fmc, put all the airways etc in. I've decided which runway and ILS i want to land on, the problem is how do i find out/know which approach to make? i've tried looking online for charts but i can't work out what means wha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Captain.Axford

FSX Stairs and bus

Hi I was wondering if there is an addon to call stairs and buses to aircraft in fsx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Adamcozens on
444Pilot

I am having problems installing FSX Acceleration...

I am not having any success online addressing this issue. I installed FSX Gold Edition, which came with 2 CDs for FSX Deluxe and 1 CD for FSX Acceleration. The 2 CDs for FSX Deluxe were installed successfully (I was able to put in the product key to acti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
samp99

LICB new scenery FSX

Ho trovato su internet un nuovo sito, che nei prossimi giorni dovrebbe caricare lo scenario di Comiso, io sono molto interessato visto che a me servirebbe uno scenario per fsx di Comiso se qualcun altro e' interessato questo e' il link: http://italyscener...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
samp99 on
chimmy

Help with Sweedish Champ Soaring Course

Long time lurker first time poster. Hey all 😀 I'll freely admit that I am a bit of a badge collector. I've been trying for ever to get the 'Best Club Time' trophy in the Swedish Championship Soaring Course. I have the 'Best Course Time' bu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mikaer on
tpgun4u@att.net

Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition Won't Load or Run

I just recently purchased a new pc with windows 10 and my FSX deluxe edition will not load or run, is there anything I can do to fix this problem...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
nicolsonterry@gmail,com

turbo prop

May I ask our esteemed a/c designers if they know of any Britannia 312 a/c for free down load ? The icing on the cake if there is one wouldbe having it in British Eagle livery. I flew G-AOVT (now at Duxford) as Chief Steward back in the 60s. As...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Razz2o4

Ground handling

I just updated to FSX SE. I notice that none of my planes will turn with the Z axis "rudder control" with my Sidewinder Force feedback2 controller. Anyone have any ideas? I have auto rudder turned off as well....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CDArbaugh

New to FSX- OOM Error

Hi everyone. I am new to FSX and have continued to get the OOM error. I have no add-ons and have reduced my sliders. I am currently at work so I do not have my specs handy. I know I have a 3.5 Ghz processor, 8Gb of RAM and a Radeon R9 graphics card. An...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Kenneth Hart

ATC Menu acting up?

I've been using Computer ATC (I play in Single Player only) for my flights and a common problem is that ATC will tell me to tune to a frequency but the option below the chatbox is different. For instance, ATC will say "Boeing 37T contact Allentown Approac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
abmukh80

airspeed indicator malfunction

Hi there, There seems to be a problem in the FSX when you fly in the weather mode-"heavy snows". After you take off and reach the cruise altitude, the airspeed indicator on the primary flight display stops functioning and is back at 000. And u really ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptDennison on
Activate L-nav and V-nav

Activate L-nav and V-na

When I select either of these a get a click sound but no display. How do you activate them ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Chris Turner

Real world weather in fsx not updating weather for week.

😞 Fsx real weather not updating for about a week now. As of 11/26/15. Was working for several months. Does it still work with Jeppsen?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
G0Nz0

747-400 cruising angle

i am sure i read a post about a fix to make the 747-400 included plane fly at a level angle at crusing speed & altitude, it always seems to sit at least 5 degrees nose up. is the a cfg file out there to fix this, and is there any for the other stock plane...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Vitor Cardoso on
vitomira

Heavy fps drop and controls DC

Hello flight simmers, i Need immediate assistance, been facing so much fps drop and joystick disconnection while playing, i even added the highfixme and bufferpool to the cfg folder still no use, these are my hardware specs: Processor AMD FX(tm)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
1up2down

Traffic Problem With FSX Gold

I have FSX Gold Edition + Accelerator but when I try to install Traffic 2005 it tells me it is not compatible. Can anyone tell me what Traffic will install on this version of FSX....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
huntertigtigtig

FSX Lag on Super Computer

Hello all, Before I get into my question, here is some information on my PC. My PC specs are as follows: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.5GHz AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series 16 Gigs of ram (4 sticks of 4) Can anyone tell my why I can play any ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Elliot1234

pmdg 737 ngx nothing works

i have installed the pmdg 737 ngx and the 8900 update but when i load up the aircraft none of the buttons in the cockpit are clickable and nothing will work. very annoying and disappointing but is there anything i can do?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flighttrajectory on
Page 9 of 66