Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Accelor

ILS Question

A little help please. https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/35774/ils-question_5129072d967de9a6518f7c5fb4fa79a5.jpg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
Brettxw

How to set up trim up/down and/or pitch up/down on joystick

I'd like to set the trim/up and/or pitch up/down on a rotating button on the throttle control (saitek x52 controller system). If I go into the control options, I can not set it up to be on one of the rotating buttons..only allows me to select buttons. I w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
feld0025

Airbus A321 Aircraft

I was wondering if anybody else feels that the airbus A321 seems more difficult to fly than any of the other aircraft. When I try to fly the airplane without autopilot, it's very difficult to control, especially on landing after disengaging autopilot. Als...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jianqing on
Brettxw

How to make these cockpits looks more realistic

What do I need to download to make these cockpit panels more realistic?? I keep seeing these videos and their cockpits are so realistic. Then I open FSX and mine (default) look horrible!!! What can I do?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Karlw

How do I uninstall sp2?

I can't seem to find it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
Brettxw

Install the service packs?

I just read there are service packs for FSX...I have FSX Deluxe installed, should I install the SP's as well? What's different in the SPs? Also, I really want to install the Cargo Pilot add on. Has anyone tried that? Is it decent? I like the building m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Brettxw on
Heyjoojoo

Default 737-800 flight deck: how do I expand view on ND

I have played around with the knobs on the glareshield that allows one to control the display mode of the ND. But I can't determine which button displays what. They're arent labeled like the knobs are in a more precise 737 addon like Wilco or PDMG. Any...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Rossko85

SENSOR HEADSET

Ok, Ive seen this thing on youtube I think, and Ive also seen some demos of software and plane add ons with this same type of panning and zoom in and out as well as tilt to the side action...it looks to be a sensor of some sort on the monitor...im not sur...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Brettxw

FSX randomly closes on me during play

I have recently upgraded my PC from a Dual Core 1.8 to a Dual Core 2.7 and radeon XFX 5750 1gig DDR3 memory video card and DX11 installed. First I had my resolution at like 1980x whatever the number is and that froze the computer. So I figured that was to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
99jolegg

FsPassengers Information

There have been a lot of questions about FsP and how it works and what it actually is so this should save answering similar questions every few days 😉 -FsPassengers- What is FsPassengers? FsPassengers (FsP) is an FS2004 addon that allows ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jianqing on
gordan_falcon

FSX computer

So I love FSX and I need a good computer that isn't crazy expensive like all the prebuilt gaming systems! I have 2 saitek rudder pedals, 2 saitek yokes, 2 saitek throttle quadrants, and the saitek switch panel, radio stack, and multi function panel. I als...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
truckernick

Ok i have a problem that's really startin to get to me.

Ok this is a very annoying problem that i need to get fixed. The problem is that the camera, whether inside or out. But it like jumps, this is not lag or anything. It's hard to explain this....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
truckernick

GETTING NEW PC TOWER/CHASSIS Need Some advice

Hello people I am going to buy a new PC tower or case if you wanna call it. But im not sure of everything i need to make sure of or what not, prior to doing this. Aren't most cases all the same to fit my motherboard and all the hardware i have in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
Paisa90

Another Error 1335 Thread

Hello all. Sorry to be posting this again but none of the other threads helped me. I get the Error 1335 when I try to install FSX. So far I've tried setting the max ammount of memory used by Windows to 512 MB (I've got 4GB) and copying the files to my ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
paulchris2

FSX Scenery for Canada

Hello Everyone, Is there somewhere I can get/buy detailed scenery for Toronto, Ontario, Canada? Or Canada in general? Paul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
darkrooms

Question about how to successfully trap on carrier landing

Okay, I've tried landing on a carrier with the F-14D. Tailhook extended, etc. I'm no ace, but my landings should be succesful, but instead I'm "crashing". I'm not actually crashing, but when I'm touching down and should be grabbing an arrestor cable, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jianqing on
shane2801

747/737 Pullback

Hi everyone, Why is it that when reversing a 747 or any jet that when you press the "2" or "1" key to turn it doesn't turn strainght away? Sometimes not at all. Does anybody else have this problem?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Simmy on
pdegraff

Why did my picture get deleted???

They deleted my picture saying that SOMEONE ELSE'S account had been inactive for 90 days - NOT MINE!!! What's up? Does anyone know how to fix it? Hopefully, Pete...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on
fbespeleta

Fly The Airbus Fleet for FSX

Hi, Im totally new to flight simulation. I recently bought the add on from Abacus software. They haven't gone back to me on the problem I had with two aircrafts (A320 and A350)...both aircrafts stalls after take off even if I am controlling it "corre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jianqing on
fs98hater

cant install FSX AT ALL!!

Hi guys ive been suffering with this problem for a week now. Ive just got a custom built computer with pretty good specs.And so its like a week later i install fs9 with no problem.realy good frames the game ran realy well.So i decided to install my FSX go...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Heyjoojoo

ATI HD 2600xt or the Nvidia Geforce 9400gt

I cant seem to find these cards side by side anywhere. Not sure which one will be better... I have both of them here (brand new) but not sure which one to put in my Vista machine....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
hdx

low fps

hey guys, i have a big problems with fps. i got about 10-15 fps on low/medium low settings. my computer is: phenom X4 940 3ghz 4gb ram ati radeon 4870 gddr5 640gb hard drive. I guess, i could run fsx on this computer with medium or medium-high sett...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hdx on
makonnenl

Speed control

I am having problems reducing the speed of my plane on landing approach. Any hint. Thank you. :oops:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
makonnenl on
Clayracer

Need technical Help!

I'm having trouble with prop planes losing power in missions? One is Innsbruck approach and on Civil patrol Rescue: When I hit 8000 ft on North leg power and altitude loss happens?? It wasn't happening the first couple of times I did the mission but now ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
PaulSk

Unwanted IVAO AI in aircraft selection list

Howto get rid of these many IVAO AI in the aircraft selection list? They are not visible in: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes but see folders for each of them (about 200) in: C:\Documents and Setti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PaulSk on
Simmy

Keyboard commands FSX

According to the published keyboard commands there is a command for DME ident(on/off). It is CTRL+4 but I cannot find DME IDENT in the FSX SETTINGS/CONTROLS/RADIOS. Any ideas on how to set it? If I select Transponder with key T, I only seem to be able...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Simmy on
photoshock

2 Things that bother me is FSX

Having started using FSX and the concomitant add-ons, I have 2 problems with the program. 1.) First of all, whenever you start a new flight, wherever and however, you always start on a runway! What's up with this? Can't the designers of FSX start yo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
pdegraff

Airport elevation WAYYY off... (too high)

FSX put a mountain just northeast of my home airport (KITH in upstate New York, USA). The mountain is there to support a small airport that is maybe 1000 feet higher (in the FSX terrain) than it should be. It is a mountain in a place where there should...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on
marksie

how to download

hi,,recently new to this site and having problems on how to download aircraft,could any pls tell me how to do this or where to down load the files to.i have tried but it says my files are zipped many thanks marksie...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mb-1994 on
mb-1994

Constant turbulence in FSX?

Even with the theme clear skies, from fl200 and up, there is constant turbulence. So by time my plane reaches fl300, it has been pulling up and down so much its down nearly to stall speed, and then when it "steadies" out, it still pitches up 10 degrees, s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mb-1994 on
truckernick

PLEASE LOOK AT THIS POST (VC echange in aircraft)

Ok, i have been reading around about how to put a VC of one aircraft into another, like the default fsx 738 into a posky. But my now my goal is to get the fsX Wilco737PIC VC into a POSKY 737, cause you no that would be like the ultimate plane for ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
Falcon7x

Flight Planner not working (Please Help)

I am new to these forums and I am new to flight simulator. I did a download of Captain Sims 757 series and i installed it all. Last night i went to do a free flight and when i clicked on the flight planner it will not working. I can pick in the dep and ar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Falcon7x on
Simmy

Winds in FSX

In the real world on a lengthy flight the winds will change in direction and speed over the flight. When planning a flight in FSX can this be replicated at the beginning of the flight or do you have to pause it and alter the winds in WEATHER along the rou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Simmy on
lionlicker

Window virtual memory question

After launching FSX for a little while(half hour or so), a message often pops up stating that windows virtual memory is being enlarged. How do I edit my start up virtual memory? so there is enough to start with? 😕 Thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
DECK

Mission Rescue the kayakers driving me nuts

Hi Is anyone having the same problem as me. When I rescue the kayakers , although i have two on board the game says that the cable has snapped and there is still one to be rescued. When I reach base obviously I dont get a mission success as it is tel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DECK on
lionlicker

Commercial Checkride work arounds anybody??

It is commonly understood that the checkrides are dog $#!T because there are so many errors and bugs in them that they are impossible to complete. Maybe the developers were afraid that us simmies would get a big head and think we are experts just because ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
ryanbrown321

how to upload a file?

does anyone know how to upload a file on this site? I recently made a scenery for Galveston, TX that has oil rigs, Hospital, Oil Company HQ, and an accident site. i found one forum from back in 06 but i still couldnt find the add download link. i have t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
truckernick

[ Poll ] Ariane Designs 737X2 Series (POLL)

Ok i tried out the Ariane Designs 737X2 but to tell ya the truth, it kinda sucks, i mean systems and stuff are good but it just looks like crap. To tell ya what i think, i prefer the default 737 in FSX over the A.D 737. What do all of you thin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
CaptJohn

Real World Weather

In FS-X, does the Real World Weather really give you the current weather conditions at the airport your taking off from? I live 22 mile from BWI and it's pouring at my home, yet when setting up a flight out of BWI and using the Real World Weather live up...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
oldsamer

Restarting the Cub!

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/35532/restarting-cub_6d92e83daa133b5a8ada527217b55b3c.jpg Damm, won't these things ever die?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
shaun6811

FSX Sys Built - Working GOOD! - Thought this might Help You!

Hi - Just thought I would share my experiences with you Look at this link below - No longer available - Im sure something better will come along soon - but Overclockers Offers seem to change by the day! - Excellent Bundles - I have NOTHING to do with O...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
nottobe

thick clouds at FL 360?

does anybody here use Active Sky Advanced FSX ? when I fly at FL360, occasionally I am totally buries in thick clouds, it is possible in real world? anyone knows of a fix? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
barkoman

Creating a dual boot system to improve FSX performance

I talked to a PC store today attempting to improve my game experience. I was advised that I should create a dual boot system, one OS for my regular PC stuff and install XP or Vista on another HD with just the game. That way, there would be no other softw...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
haleymon on
truckernick

CLS HeavyHaul Airbus Pack (NEED HELP)

I recently got the CLS Airbus Heavy-haul Package for FSX, and the plane worked and flew very nice until i installed the liveries for it. I had to install the liveries i wanted manually because the automatic installer would not work. But now when ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
chuckabob

Maximum speeds for jets

Can anyone tell me why Flight Sim X jet speeds go into overspeed at about 350 kts while real jets travel over 500 kts?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
D5Tweddle on
markhyder

Please help me getting a error

Error ID = 28 Unable to install message filter...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
markhyder on
FlyPast

Wot no traffic?

I'm having trouble generating traffic at airports. Although I've set the traffic and ground traffic sliders to max, I'm still not getting any more that 1 or 2 aircraft parked up at airports. Can anyone suggest a reason for this and a possible fix ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on
cnewborn5

[ Poll ] Trojans Infection in some airplane files

Hi everyone, I had a few trojan virus come with some of the files on this system. With all the members we have why aren't they scan and check before allowing to post. The lates Trojan erased half my airplane files. Backdoor.graybird is one of them....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Guam_Guy

Problem after Cargo Pilot install!

Well, I installed Cargo Pilot and it worked for about 3 flights. After the third flight my FSX froze up and would not start. I can't even uninstall cargo pilot or FSX. Has anyone else had this problem. I have Acceleration installed as well. ANy help ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
stocz2

How does this build look to you?

It's gonna be my first computer that im starting to build :o , 😳 . I want it mostly for FSX, and WoW. I just ordered COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP case. and CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Cert...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
Page 23 of 66