Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

ginns

Pilot and CoPilot's Window View

I just loaded FSX and have been using it for about a week geting used to the differeces. I pressed the "S" key to get the full outside view and did. Then I moved the Hat to left and right and what appeared were the sindows for the Pilot and Copilot. I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ginns on
1LtLoric

What's the .AIR file for?

Hey, me and my friend from VMC want to make some F-18 addons. But, he says that you need to make a .AIR file? Whenever I go into aircraft files, I see these little ".AIR" files, but I have no idea what they are for. First, what are these air files for, an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
1LtLoric

Sign this petition; Try to bring in FS11!

Please, all of you, sign this petition. We all plan to send the letter to Microsoft. Every signature matters. http://www.supportflightsim.com/ Not a spam link, no dubious sites, or anything, just a petition. Radarman, please sticky this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ginns on
Accelor

AIRBUS 321 PANELS

When I click on the PFD, MFD, and ECAMS I am able to un-cage them, but not move them without the entire display moving. Are they not able to move like in other A/C or am I missing something. ❓ Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
FlyPast

Engine Start Up issues

I am encountering a persistent problem with the Level D 767 during engine start up in free flight dark and cold. I follow the instructions to the letter, however each engine only ever spins up to about 10% very slowly and then does not actually fire up...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Simmy on
n7xlq1

incorrect airports showing Flight Tracker and FSX.

Hey. I'm associated with a VA and we do these online flight with FS Flight Tracker and FS (either FS9 or FSX) and so I use FSX, and every once in a while FT shows me at an incorrect airport that I'm in FSX. So, I'm curious anyone have had these similar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
mpf858

Airplane Missing after FSX Acceleration

After removing FSX SP2 and installing FSX Acceleration Expansion Pack, I cannot launch FSX without the dialogue: "Visual model could not be displayed, Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint". Then, sometimes when I click "Close", FSX continues to load but shuts down...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
greystone on
airbourne

REX Problems

Just wonderd if anyone could help when i install rex, i get to stage 3, backup files and restore, it searches it all dose it, then one side it says not complete and when i press save it saves it all again and dose the same thing, iv tryed reinstalling ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ollyau on
Simmy

New CH Eclipse Yoke and VOX Atc

I bought the new Eclipse yoke to replace my faulty CH Yoke which had given me good service. The yoke works fine except with VOX ATC. My computer runs Vista 64bit. When I try to Set Up the Joystick for VOX ATC the screen that appears has options to assign...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
horrgakx

Will FSX run in Kiosk mode - without a joystick??

I want to test FSX on my new hardware but I don't have a joystick yet. Is it possible to run it with a /switch or a hack or something?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
airbourne

Lets have a RACE!

Anyone up for a race? to make it intresting the aircraft cant be any older than 1950 Must be prop. No more than 2 props on the aircraft Race Infomation (EGLC - London city / Calais - LFAC) 80NM Objective :: First person to fly across...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airbourne on
airbourne

fsx Config

Can someone please send me a copy of there Fsx.cfg, as my config isnt layed out propley and fsx isnt working proply....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airbourne on
Heyjoojoo

Q9400 or Q8400

I have a quad 1.86GHz processor but I heard someone tell me that that procressor is not very good with FSx at all. They mentioned that the cache and speed is not what one my tend to think it should be being that its a quad. Should I go with a Duo 2 co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
toddbreda

Parking brakes on? Please help...

The other day I went into FSX and tried to start a free flight and noticed the plane wasn't throttling up with any noticeable thrust. I checked my brakes but I've never had any default setting where the parking brake is activated. Yet, it acts like that's...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Accelor

Pilot Log-bin

Where in the files will I locate the log bin. I have looked but can't fine even through search window. Or is it one of the RWD files in the ( Rewards ) folder ❓ Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
glenpet

FSX crashes to desktop while flying around NE Scotland

FSX constantly crashes back to desktop while flying over NE Scotland (around Wick airport). Strangely FSX is rock solid flying anywhere else around the world. I'm running quite a few addons, main ones being - Scotflight Highlands & Islands, SceneryTech...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
basys on
francois1

Removing FSX and the Accel. Expansion Pack

Hello everyone May I ask: Are there any huge problems involved with removing FSX and the Accel Pack from my computer. I am using WinXP Pro with SP2? At the moment it is on my F:\ drive and I wish for it to be on C:\ regards francois...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
francois1 on
oldsamer

The fuel pump effect

At the end of an FSX session I usually park near the fuel pump to avoid getting run over by the AIs upon loading the next session. I've wondered why parking brakes aren't loaded after setting and saving, occasionally real weather updates can blow the cub ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Accelor

Acceleration F 18 and Folding Wing

What is the key commands to fold the wings. My control setting in sim show it as a command but not the key's. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
basys on
sky_caribbean

iMac pc

Hello, Can anyone tell me. Is that possible to use the fsx on an apple pc? Thanks,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DubbStyle on
airwolfe

How are my framerates ?

I am currently running FSX on Vista64 Ultimate. My PC specs are listed below, but I would like to point out that I am using a TH2Go with three 22" Samsung Syncmasters and a 4th monitor for instruments on the second output of my 9800GTX. When I slide every...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airwolfe on
otter

Microsoft laid off the Flight sim developers today?! :(

Just heard this on a gaming forum - no FS11? Say it aint so http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21981 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
psalm10720

32 or 64 bit plus video

Realizing that things change.... currently.... is it better to stay with 32 bit for the moment or move into 64 bit... Knowing the 8800 Ultra is soon to be released is there a best bang for the buck video card? I am thinking of upgrading to a new mother...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
psalm10720 on
beroun

Real Weather Downloads

Hi, I cannot download the real weather today (Jan 1😎 anyplace in the US. Europe and South America seems OK. It is snowing in NYC and weather comes up clear with 50 miles visibility. California, Miami and ORD all show clear 50 miles visibility, so...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beroun on
lkw

Addressing MAAM DC3 windows

Working on 2d windows this xml worked with fs9 <Gauge Name="MAAM_Quadrant" Version="1.0"> <Image Name="Icon_X.bmp" ImageSizes="19,19"/> <Mouse> <Help ID="HELPID_GAUGE_TOGGLE_Quadrant_WINDOW"/> <Cursor Ty...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on
ehuang6

Editing Airline Callsigns

Is there any way to delete airline callsigns? :groupwave:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
D5Tweddle on
supermoocow

Professional Flight Simulation System

Hi I am selling my flight simulation system on ebay, this is a professional system for the serious enthusiast. If you’re interested see my ebay ad: PS. I hope I have posted this in the right section, apologies if I haven’t! Danny...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
2robplaying on
beroun

FSX Front Cockpit View

Hi, I prefer to take-off/fly and land in Instrument Panel view. For some reason in FSX, in instrument panel view I canot raise or lower the view (Shift+Enter or Shift+Backspace). Lowering the view is mainly required when landing - to see the runway. FS20...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beroun on
Accelor

Need help on how to Nav too capturing glide slope

I can't get it right when in nav mode. When tuned to GPS no problem establishing ILS but I understand, or not that GPS doesn't get the vertical signal so you cant establish glide slope. ❓ So I enter course, select NAV, enter vor freq into nav 1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
windows1212

Intro FSX music

Hi, I´ve some cuestions: How can I ear the intro music of FSX, in another programm? How can I copy? Where is it locate, in which folder? Thank´s for all Bye....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dtdb on
beroun

FSX Install mystery

Hi, Have installed FSX on my new laptop. No shortcut icon appeared on my desktop! and my Program files did not show the link either. Finally I loooked at My Compter and found different Program Files folder marked Progam Files (x86). That is where I found...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beroun on
Rafman

Over sized lights using Matrox and FSX

😀 Rafman Hi Guys, I am running Matrox using three screens in FSX and I'm having problems with the over sized lights on runway, approach and taxi. Is there any way of reducing the brightness so I can see. Thanks Rafman 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafman on
mitch0508

Flight planner problem

Hi I have a problem with the flight planner in FSX. When i go in and select a flight plan and then i go in to the edit section to edit the altitude and the flight route and i click ok to save the plan and then fly it, it doesnt do anything so i cant fl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mitch0508 on
mpf858

ALA Littoria to Napoli - Fire??

Anyone know how to fly this? After landing at Napoli, the oil/fuel warning lights came on, and when I went through final arrow (ignoring the warnings) the game didn’t end. I must have to deal with those lights first – ?? This is a Grumman sea plane,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
7ECA-Captain

CH vs Saitek

Best of the season all... I am considering getting rid of my CH controllers and replacing them with the Saitek line which offer more realistic options and seem to be a whole lot better. Have any of you tried or are using Saitek? I like the look of the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Karlw

fsx Config?

Sorry to ask this but what is the fsx config file labeled? I need to edit it. Thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
GundamWZero

So it has finally been done!!!!

I FINALLY HAVE MY YF-19!!!! 😳 https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/34390/so-it-has-finally-been-done_9eef6686ec39123cdbdf82c0f3a3ff64.jpg https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/34390/so-it-has-finally-been...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
jewkid80

FSX Start up error. need help

My flight sim. x worked perfectly until one day i tried to start is up and a loading bar would show for 3 seconds then nothing would happen. I dont know what is causing fsx to not start up. I need help, it is required i have simulator hours for my fli...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
rainman2643

FSX Deluxe Edition and Vista 64 Bit

ok so i just got a brand new HP touchsmart desktop i went to load my FSX Deluxe edition everything went smooth until i tried to start it up when it says this......" Flight simulator cannot run because the version of Microsoft DirectX(R) installed on your ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
waterinthefuel

Help!! Vista 64 and FSX aren't compatible for me!

I can't even get it to install! The installshield wizard gives me an error almost immediately. Please help. I'm reading of people playing FSX with Vista 64 and loving it! I know about the compatibility wizard but I still can't get the game to install to e...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
glart

Trouble with FSX Lear Jet---Losing power on Landing

Using FSX - Anniversary Lear Jet-- When coming in for a landing - whether on autopilot or not---, seems that the power cuts out as I have no response when trying to increase speed--- know if Im doing something wrong? - Seems to happen a lot after I dis-...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
glart on
7ECA-Captain

Freeze up....

I am having problems with FSX freezing during play. The screen partially goes white on things like the cockpit details, then it simply freezes up and will not resume? Any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
GundamWZero

MD-11 Screenshots

These are going to be that last shots for a while.....or at least until I figure out how to get FSX to run add-ons without crashing.... :evil: Roll out with McDonnell Douglas House colors at St. Louis International: https://forum.flyawaysimulation....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
Mateen

FSX Suddenly Won't start Up

Hi, I have been running FSX under Vista for many months and suddenly it won't start up. Program kicks off and then I get an error saying there is an unhandled exception in FSX.EXE. I get offered option to debug and then it exits to the desktop. I ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
GundamWZero

How do you fly VOR on autopilot?

Okay. I am Stupid. 😀 Also, how do you fly ILS on autopilot? ...told ya....I'm stupid. 😛...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
CaptainTower

Boeing 767 Aircraft

Does anyone know if the Boeing 767 normally flys into and out of Cleveland-Hopkins (KCLE)? I once flew from Chicago to Cleveland on a DC-10 and that is a wide body heavy. I just noticed that KCLE does not have any GATE designated as HEAVY. Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Col7777 on
truckernick

[ Poll ] Random Poll

A random poll...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
JamieMedic84

FSX Graphic Problems

Ok, I am having a problem with my graphics on FSX. The problem that I am having is that on some planes and helicopters, its like there is a blue pixelated overlay. Everything still performs well, its just aggravating. My hard drive actually crashed abo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
astrosteve on
hmarshall

Fast Taxiing

Hi, Noticed that basically all my planes taxi fast, very fast. Constantly hitting the period key to keep them somewhat under control, so it becomes 'jerky' trying to keep up with it. Don't even have to touch the throttle. i.e.. release parking brakes, en...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hmarshall on
pearlygatesuk

Adding Custom ILS Approaches

Hi all, Yeah, I know it's cheating but I wondered if anybody knew of a patch for FSX to add ILS to all the runways within it? Thanks Pearlz...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainTower on
Page 23 of 66