Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Fire_Emblem_Master

Sad days

Well guys, I've decided to un-install Flight Sim 04' from my hd to get some space back. :cry: :cry: I'm saving for a 450GB drive, then i'll throw FS9 or 10 on again. This does NOT mean i'mma gonna stop coming by here. Actually, I think i'm on flyawa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Quisp

No JFK or Newark Airport in FS2004?

Why can't I find JFK or Newark Aiport in my FS2004. Do I have to buy additional airports or maps?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
Quisp

Easy Straight in Approaches in FS2004?

Are there any Easy Straight In approaches (with localizer if possible) set up as available flights in FS2004. I don't see any. I just want to practice landings....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
Jared

VNAV?

So on the Pmdg 737's there is the VNAV button. this doesnt make sense. ill turn it on once i get to cruising altitude. but when i start to decend, the engines go idle and the plane pitches down to maintain the speed indicaded in the legs page. so if i put...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Blake14 on
Jagndeke

No real world weather

Heya all... first time poster. I came across your site yesterday (Sunday) and I am very impressed with the level of professionalism by which your forums are run. Big thumbs up. I've been playing FS9 for about a year now. Great sim and I never tire of t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
n287s

Space Ship

does anyone know if there is a good space shuttle for FS9 out there?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
crosscheck9

757 posky base package

Hello all, I'm looking for the 757-200 base package from projectopensky.com ...I went to the website, and went to the link where I was supposed to find it...The only options I had to select were aircraft effects and virtual cockpit textures..the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
Lev306

Few Questions

Hey everybody, I am planning to get MSFS2004 and I was googling around when I found this board. First I gotta compliment on you guys for keeping such a cool, close knitted, polite and fun board. Its rare nowadays to find such a nice forum around. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KurtPStevens on
robbier

FS2006

i am wondering if microsoft has released any info on FS2006, and if there is any link you could post, or something, or if there are no webpages, but i just want to know if there is any info on FS2006...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
robbier on
Jared

Simairline.net question

Hello. Whenever i file a PRIEP on simairline.net, what time format do you use for the arrival and depart time. is it GMT, Military time, of just regular time. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
JarJarBinks

hi

hey all I need to know where I can get some Delta, Southwest, Airtran, and Contenental airlines for free if any of you all know where I can get them for free please tell me im desperate. and I need to know where I can get some AI traffic....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Blake14 on
Skymuncher

Feelthere 737 PIC

Hi everyone, The first screenshots of the new Feelthere 737 Pilot In Command are now displayed on the Wilco Publishing website. http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod_737pic The 737 PIC serie will include the 737-300, 737-400 and 737-500...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
n287s

Gauge Question

Eric Marciano's radar gauge. Is it really supposed to display traffic on it? Because if it is, mine isnt working....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Jared

PMDG ACARS

On the menu page of the PMDG 737 800/900 there is option the log on to the ACARS. basically what does this do. before every flight i log on and then hold it when i enter other data. so what does this function do? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
twistedsucker

Active camera?

My parents finally agreed to buy me this tool today. But there are already lots of flaws! First of all, when I click Keys..., the screen turns blank and I am having to restart the whole game again, The flyby view is not even that effective. I am also not ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
jgrytsch

Cockpit 737-700 doesn't change

Hi everybody, I am new here (and just bought FS2004.. 😀 ) and yesterday I downloaded the 737-700 Continental and the MD Fedex, but the Cockpit doesn't change when installing. What do I have to do? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
pdegraff

NAV/GPS switch missing...

I fly mostly General Aviation aircraft - Piper, Beech, Cessna and some oddballs. Admittedly I am a sucker for freebies and will try almost anything I see. HOWever I have lately noticed that many add-on aircraft, even though they may have a full radio st...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on
Jared

Captain Sim 757????

Awhile ago, i dont know where i heard that captain sim would be coming out with a 757. if true does anyone know when....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Skymuncher on
patw

Discovery Wings - King of Sim

Did anyone watch King of Sim last week What did you think of it? Anyone built them self a flight deck simulator or plan to? I did not know this but US and the UK have the biggest users of Ms Flight Sim....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
BashDaBish

How to use GPS?

Ok I have been using this fine sim for the past year and have slowly found my way around the cockpit. I am able to fly the heavies on IFR and make successful manual and APPR hold ILS landings. I use GPS for the basic routing, ground speed and distance ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
horrgakx

Flying to Brussels (real world)

Chaps, I want to look at flying to Brussels for a track day at Spa. How do I find a list or airlines that fly to Brussels from the UK (or even a specific airport from the UK?). I'm after the cheapest flight. Dave...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Blake14 on

only 1.8fps with reasonable spec machine

Hi, I have just installed FS2004 on my AMD64 3000 on a Asus KV8 512MB RAM FX5200 128MB Win XP SP2 I know its not a screaming fast PC and in particular the gfx card is a bit weak but cant beleive its only good for 1.8 fps and its really unresponsive...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
peco

graphics card

Please can someone tell me what is the best 256 mb graphics card for fs 2004 cof and also what is the cost and also it sometimes stutters when flying highly detailed downloaded aircraft i have 256 memory, 2.6 pentium 4 and 1.6gb hard drive is that enough ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
peco on
BashDaBish

Mid-Air refuelling?

Are there any addons (payware or freeware) that allow Mid-Air refuelling in FS2004? I have seen references to it on other aircraft downloads that suggest this is only possible with FS2002?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
peco on
mypilot

[ Poll ] night or day

Do you fly during the night or day? SamIntel and I were discussing it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
Guest Ed

OT-- Any musicians here?

I'm just curious-- mypilot and SamIntel both mentioned in a recent topic that they are trumpet players. I play bass guitar, strictly amateur, but it is something I enjoy very much. Any other musicians here? Ed...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
cbaye

Autopilot gets flakey near end of flight

Ok, so you are 2 hours out of you home field on the way to some new and exotic local. :radar: You've read the star and decended to the correct altitude and airspeed (12,000ft 250kias) by the required waypoint and checked in with the approach controller ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cbaye on
Davidpcl1977

Walking around planes

I've been surfing round a few FS2004 sites tonight and I've found a number of pictures of the inside of aircraft cabins - does that mean it's possible to walk away around an aeroplane. If so that's really cool but how do you do it? thanks Dave C :...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Agus0404

Automated Weather Observation?

Hello fellow members! I am flying right now to Frankfurt, EDDF, and I just recived an Automated Weather Observation from GMSL. This is new to me. It's the first time I see this. It's exactly like a normal ATIS, but automated. I didn't change any freque...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
crosscheck9

I REALLY NEED SOME HELP...PLEASE :(

Hello all, I downloaded an MD-11 panel from http://acsoft.ch/Flight_Simulator/ACS-MD11-PANEL/acs-md11-panel.html ,...under the pictures of the PFD, there are two download selections. Select the one on the bottom for fs..When I installed it, I foun...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
eddie57

FS 9.0

hi can anyone tell me where i can download fs9.0...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Micah

[ Poll ] screen types in fs9!

What do you prefer, a nice flat screen or the older tube screens? which one gives you the best results in fs9?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Micah

to taxi or not to taxi, that is the question!

Hi guys, just wondered if u guys generally hop in & fly straight away or do the full taxiing? i tend to hop in & fly but then taxi properly to the gates upon landing. whats ur preference? micah...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on

Is there a trial version available...

I would like to make sure that it works on my computer before I drop 30 bucks on a game I can't play...All i'm looking for is a trial or something, not a free copy.. thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
twistedsucker

Flight attendant

Does anyone know where I can get sound files which feature flight attendants talking to the passengers? Also, does anyone know where I can get an ATC accent Text-Speech utility or program? Thanks in advance to anyone who helps....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Micah on
pskinner

Logic 3 joystick

I cannot get my Logic 3 Pro flight joystick to work with Flight sim 04 what should I be setting the game controller setting too?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
twistedsucker

Gameplay recording program

I have finally planned and started my second video project. I just wanted to know if there was a program life fraps but better and which records gameplay at its exact fps rate. Fraps slows down the fps rate when recording, and this is really annoying me. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
Jared

Can I get it

Based on my cpu specs below would i beable to get the feelthere ERJ-145 off the feelthere website. Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Skymuncher on
CoasterXtreme

Strange Flight Plan....

I was trying to set up a flight from newark to france and FS gave me this extremely weird path to follow. They expected me to travel across the US all the way up north then cut back over. It seems like this path would take too long and I am sure I would r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Bumbyter

Landmarks

I tried the Mt. Rushmore easy scenic flight and, even though I visited it about 40 years ago in a 1953 Buick, I couldn't find it! Things sure look different from a Cessna. I've tried to find other prominent features in various countries and always have gr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
nottobe

wind direction

if i hear wind at 090, does it mean the wind comes from the east, or blows towards the east? thx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
CoasterXtreme

Can't get to 35,000 ft.

This has happened two times. I can get to 35,000ft. in tones of planes but everytime the boeing 777 gets to 25,000ft. the airspeed starts dropping and finally the plane stalls. I tried recovering but as soon as i pitch the nose up just a bit i start loosi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
flyer152

Cockpit building.

Cockpit building. I have a cockpit of a crashed aircraft. How do I connect the control column, rudder pedals, throttle and switches to flight sim 2004? What hard ware and soft ware is required to do this. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flyer152 on
JVD

My Internet has been capped, I won't be around much...

Sorry guys but I won't be able to reply to some of your questions this month because my internet has been capped due to me downloading and uploading too much :rules: 😞 :cry: :cry: . I'll be back the moment my connection comes online again. I'v...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BashDaBish on
Andy2005

Cruise Altitude

How do you find out the cruise altitude that will be most efficient? I'm attempting some long distance flights in a 747 but am worried about fuel. I heard that a 747 made it from UK to Australia non-stop....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Andy2005 on

Flight Simulator 2006 Improvements

I would like to see Emergency Landing available from the A.T.C rather than A.T.C just disappearing when you declare and emergency. Also add more aircraft into the AI system...It is far to easy to land and take off at major airports, where sometimes both...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
Guest Ed

Question for The-GPS-Kid

TGK, I asked this question in another thread, but it was buried way down in an totally unrelated topic, so you may have missed it: If you were to walk into a bar in the friendly city of Newcastle and order a pint of Newcastle Brown Ale, how much wou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
nottobe

any add-on to change ATC accent?

i hope I can find an addon one day, that can change the original american accent, and add all different accents from all over the world....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Andy2005

Taxi Problems

Does anyone know a way to find out which way you're meant to taxi off a runway? The ATC tell me to turn at the next taxiway and then I contact ground. However, they send me on a route to the gates which requires me to turn around and go back across the ru...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
BashDaBish

PMDG 737NG Timothy M. Metzinger FMC tutorial release 1.01

I asked this question on another thread but it deserves a thread of it's own. Can anyone help? Actually, I have a few questions about this document.....but I will ask one at a time Question 1 On page 24/25 it talks about setting up the FMC for y...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Page 65 of 101