Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

problems with saitek x52

Hi, I've just bought the Saitek x52 joystick. I'm having a bit trouble adjusting it correctly, fx the throttle is very strange in flight simulator. When i push it to the limit during takeoff, it only reaches about a 100 and even when the throttle still is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
OrlandoGeorge

Check out these 'nose jobs' for home or office!

Hey, anybody interested in getting themselves one of these!?! I am seriously considering getting one. I can see it now above the computer in my home office!! Only question is, which airline?! 😎 More Info about these babys here!:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KurtPStevens on
Fire_Emblem_Master

The kickass Heino 757-200

The kickass Heino 757-200, repainted by Lord DaveC...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
LuckyBlunder

Straight In???

I was approaching New Orleans enroute from Nashville. I was IFR and had the ILS frequencies set. It became obvious from the instructions ATC gave me that I was being directed to the west to land in approximately a reverse course from what I was heading....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Importantish, any and ALL info greatly appreciated!

Hey, I jsut got my SP 2 disc from microsoft. and I think not having it is the reason i can't play Half Life 2, and I really wanna play it, but those that have it, or know info, does it cause problems? Mainly with games? I thought it did to me the first ti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
stefanhenchoz

Landing Assistance Please!

Hi guys! i am a newbee to the flight simulation generation, sorry! but one question i do want to know is this: on the atc, when you tell them you would like to land, they then give u details of the airport, heading and runway. However i get confused whe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BashDaBish on
redjay

Sion Approach

One of the scenic wonders flights on Fs9 is the alps approach into Sion. It is really beautiful but i Thought id try it and approach it properly on an ifr flight from Paris in a Learjet. The vector approach took me to final, about a mile from the runway b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Skymuncher on
originalgrunge

Too much flight sim when...

Your girlfriend tells you she is flying the 4000 miles back from school to see you on spring break (HNL - LGA), and you ask first what kind of plane she is taking... So what experiences have you guys had that have put your love of the simulator in pers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
Blake14

Maybe a problem with my joystick??????????

Hey, When I'm taking off ( with a joystick) my plane keeps on turning in different directions. When I look on the turn coordinator, the little ball is taking trips from left to right, and the model plane is doing the same. THis results in my plane doing ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
philipjes

Keyboard Shortcuts

Heya.. I know the keys to press for flaps. But I wondered about the Wing Brakes key? Cause everytime I'm going to land, I have to pause, Cockpit view, and then get the wing brakes on from their (the window with flaps, fuel button and speed) Plz help &#...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
philipjes on
I'm grounded

FS04 crashes!

Please help, I'm at my witts end trying to work out why I cant even run FS04. I install the program, update it with the update, but when I run the program it asks for the cd, then if I uninstall it and re-install it will run fine for about 2-10 mins then ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
IceDOG

FS2004 - can you stop scenery popping up in large squares?

Greetings all, Just wondering if there is any way to prevent the long distance terrain popping up in large squares when panning and banking the aircraft, is there a .cfg parm to set that fixes this (I have already got the graphics menu options on max)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
IceDOG on
mig2900

keyboard help

can anyone help i cant seam to bring up the menue bar in fs2004 it plays in full screen mode all the time the alt key doesnt work but in other peogrames it does and some other keys do not seem to work in it i have a wireless keyboaord is the keyboard on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
divemeister

Spot Plane Red Line Configuration

I recently upgraded to to FS2004 and have noticed that the spot plane red line doesn't appear for me to configure the angle of view. I have managed to get it appearing just once when tweaking the picture/monitor size but have since been unable to have it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
divemeister on
Bird125

Takeoff/ Taxiing in High Winds

What is the best way to takeoff with high winds (25 kts+)? I'm currently using a Learjet 45. I have tried to control thew plane during taxi. By the time I hit my takeoff speed my jet is all over the runway. This happens even if auto rudder is checked....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
Newboy

regd: High/low altitude airways in FS9 flight planner

Hi Guys, In FS2004, when you select flight planner, you choose your airports, then you choose the type of flight path you will be taking. You get an option of GPS, High Altitude airways, low altitude airways etc. What do you classify as high or low alt...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on

747 VOR

The 747 does not have two VOR displays just like the cessena, so how can you know when you pass or reach an intersection that is defined by radials from 2 VOR's. (Forget the GPS - i don't use it yet) I can figure out intersection/points that are defin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
gazpode_l@yahoo.com

flight sim 9 disk 4

I sadly no longer have a disk four for flight sim 2004. Does anyone know where I can get one from, or if I need to purchase another copy of fs2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ifflyrc05

New Guy on Block

[ I am a "new guy on the block" and would like to get some advise on MS2004 I am thinking of buying it but am not too sure about a couple of things I have 2000Xp with plenty of Ram and hard drive to support Fs2004 but I would like some feed back conce...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
CP16

Lines

Hi I have the anti aliasing ON, but I see the horizont with lines. What I should to do? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
roadster123

Virtual Unitied

Does anyone here might know if there site is having trouble? I have tried to get on it for the last three days and it won't come up. Just wondering....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
milton1991 on
The-GPS-Kid

Want to try out ATC for free ?

Hey all, I discovered this from the latest PC Pilot magazine..... If you've ever fancied trying out being an Air Traffic Controller this is for you. There are some incredibly complex ATC sims out there, that make 737NG look like FEMs Posky planes...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
aviation_capting_mathew

decending,

Hi Guy's the other day i brought the boeing 737-800 addon for fs04 it has wing views out the window views everything realy good, anyways, this will prob sound realy silly but when i drop the flaps it dont decend i set ils/ifr and all that, and then i drop...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Habu on
Jared

PMDG B1900D

i would like to no if anyone has or has heard about the PMDG Beech 1900D. i was considering getting it but i want to see what you guys think about it. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
C-GENX on
horrgakx

How big is your FS2004 installation directory???

Just had a look at my FS2004 directory and was amazed that it is 29Gb in size 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Jared

flaps/slats

on a real airliner the pilot leaves the slats out while they climb and decend at lower altitudes. how come in FS2004 they tell you to bring them in right after takeoff??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
Bartholomew

Circle to land

As you know, when you fly a 737-400 and the ATC tells you the instructions you can almost always choose another approach, but they sometimes tell me to circle to land. How am I suppose to circle then? ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
mypilot

gate addons

Now that I have all this traffic, I need more gates. Planes keep just disappearing by the second because they have no where to go! How do I get more gates?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mypilot

ATC not responding

When I am flying IFR sometimes the ATC won't give me any instructions when I am directly above my destination at flight level 330. It has been happening more and more in the last few days. I have to cancel my current flight plan and open up another one. H...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
redjay

Overclocking

Am looking to overclock my 9800pro to get a few more fps. Can anyone give me some help with how to do it? I have a tool called Rage 3d tweak...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
aviation_capting_mathew

"Raderman" concorde!!

Hi. Ok raderman i installed cothe 1 u suggested it all works but when i try and fly the plane it has no panel and the concorde is white and blury with no texture such as concorde e.t.c or british airways e.t.c. what do i need to downloaed or put som...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sonicninja

Screenshots in the Forums???

Hi folks........couple of ???? 1.Can we post screenshots of stuff in the forums? 2.If we can, how do we do it? Ive seen other people posting them but not too sure on the rules cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jared

Northwest and Continental Virtual Airlines

could you give me some web sites for Nothwest and Continental virtual airlines...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Jared

AVSIM.COM

on avsim.com do i allow the cookies to the main web site of the link on the library....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
AJLandini

squawkbox

I installed squawkbox and think i have done everything right, but when i try to connect to a server it "times out" or forcefully rejects so i cant connect. can anyone help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Gasman on
mypilot

concorde panel

I downloaded a concord panel and the fuel indidcator is in KG( I think that's kilograms) and I have no idea how much that is. Can I remove that guage from the gauge folder and put a different gauge in?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
moe j on
Guest Chris102

Graphics

This is hard to describe, but in FS9, the buildings have accending black lines going through them. Is this a graphic card or memory card problem? I have a 128MB video card and 512MB RAM....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
RadarMan

May day May day-Engine failure!

I just found this on the net as it seems to be very cool. You can listen (QuickTime) to the announcements. They have a demo. :radar:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Dustin Hand (desperate)

I am having trouble with FS Edit with Aircraft

Hi, 😕 I can open up FS Edit and can open the aircraft folder but cannot get the aircraft to load onto the edit page. I get an error that says "The system cannot fined the path specified PLEASE tell me what I need to do to be able to edit airc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dustin Hand on
siron

Saitek X52

I am from Singapore.. been looking hard for this Flight Stick...totally out of stock!! man!! How is it anyway?? Any review??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
horrgakx

FS2004 Latitude/Longditude is miles out

Check out how inaccurate FS2004 is with lat/long co-ordinates. Go to an airport and look at the Map noting the co-ords. Launch something like Autoroute and type in the numbers - with me it's MILES out....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
172user

cargo pod on Cessna Caravan 208B,FS2004

Does anybody no if you can select no cargo pod/cargo pod with cessna Caravan 208B in FS2004? I thought I read somewhere that this could be done. 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sonicninja

My Favorite Flight Simulators

I thought i would post my life of flight sims, someone out there may be old enough to remember some of them:- 1. 1985 Fighter Pilot (ZX Spectrum) 2. 1986 Tommohawk (ZX Spectrum) 3. 1987 Nightgunner (ZX Spectrum) 4. 1988 F19 Stealth Fighter (ZX Spe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
The-GPS-Kid

O/GRUNGE and all 737NG fans

This is reviewed in this month's PC Pilot magazine :- FS2 Crew, for PMDG 737NG This transforms the "lone" experiance of flying this marvellous plane into a totally realistic Airline experiance. It provides everything from Load sheet people that w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
pilotpete

FS2004 unable to fly

I have successfuly installed sim but when iItry to fly it always stops at loading weather it gets to 77% then the screen freezes. could it be my graphics card is not large enough if so how can i overcome this.I went into computer systems and seem to have...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
OrlandoGeorge

Active Camera Question

Anybody here know what the steps are to disable 'Active Camera' without un & reinstalling FS9?? ..Sometimes I like to use it and at other times I like going without it at all. When Active Camera is running it changes the dynamics of the simulator a bit as...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest FEM on
sfetty

Flight Lessons on FS9

Once I have completed all the lessons associated with navigation in FS9 and assuming I understand the lessons fairly well, can I expect to be able to fly from one destination airport to another airport several hundred miles away? I am still trying to mast...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
Air.Wolf

Weapons

I would like to see weapons operational on the war birds. Guns missles, etc. I know Microsoft would fear eating into their CFS3 sales, but it would be cool to strafe a suburban housing tract. :twisted: Also, I would like to have operational APUs wi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Vin4evr

Airtraffic View

Follow up: I have a asked this question on an earlier post "Just wondering how to track another aircraft in ultimate traffic. ie to travel with another aircraft like you fly yours or have the view or another aircraft??" I have gotten the answer "no" but...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
tomthetank

Air Crash Investigation

For UK/Europe National Geographic Channel’s Air Crash Investigation.(sorry I dont know about US channel) Half way through the series now but worth checking TV listings as they are repeated Episode guide here ➡ http://www.nationalgeogr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Page 86 of 111