Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

JTH

Hydraulic system

What exactly is a plane's hydraulic system and what does the pilot need to know/do about it? There's nothing on Wikipedia about this so I'm a bit puzzeled. Thanks a lot in advance, JTH 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
PanAmerican

What is "Text-O-Matic"

I've seen in a lot on repaints of aircraft. It's called Text-O-Matic, what is it and where can I get it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
Mustangfreak

Fuel question

How do I determin how much fuel I need? Yesterday I flew from Kadena AB Okinawa to Yokota AB in Tokyo and I put 50% fuel in the 737 and I had to refuel in in flight as I was approaching my landing. Aslo, how do you dump fuel, and can you do it with FsP...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Leprechaun

Frozen Flaps

Im using FSpassengers and coming in for my landing i droped my flaps to 5 Degrees and my copilot said the flaps are frozen, is there any way to unfreeze them wile in flight or am i stuck this way?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mustangfreak on
Bol

corrupt file

hi, when i start up flight simulator 2004 I get an error message that says" the requested flight file is corrupt or can't be found. flight simulatorwill now try to load the default flight". when I click ok it seems to load but I would like to get rid of ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bol on
SteveT

ATC downloads

Hi. I am looking for some really realistic way of communicating with ATC on FS to make it more realistic. Does anyone know of any links for ATC and is there something like buying a microphone to speak back to them. Also can you listen to live ATC o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
madbrit on
nottobe

a hand held GPS for B200?

My Favorite Beech B200 does not have a moving map on the Cillins GPS, and I don't quite like the funky Collins GPS. I like Garmin much better. My question is, how can I get a addon handheld Garmin when I fly this plane? I am talking about sim of course.....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on
vickysokhi

Cant Land....

Hi, I guess I have to drop my wish to fly bec I am not able to land the aircraft... I can take off the plane very well navigate it and put the plane on APP mode with GPS but whicle approching to airport I cant able to land the airport what ever i did goes...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

Emergency Landings in FS 2006

I'd like to have "emergency landings" with the fire department waiting on the side of the runway.... emergencies should appear coincidental!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamier on
leachus2002

Whats a good descent rate in a Airbus A319-100?

Hey All, Just been flying around the place and although I am making good landings at various airports, I am still not sure if my descent rate is good, cause the landings are still a lil bit hard. I am currently landing at about 250-350ft/min with fu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
leachus2002

Planning Flight Times

Ello Peeps, I have been using FSpassengers for a while now - its ace, but there is just 1 thing that I am struggling to work out...... I am finding that I am unable to predict arrival times at destinations......I am instead landing early and getting...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leachus2002 on
leachus2002

Moving FSpassengers to new Pc?

Hi, I have just build my new Mega PC and I want to move all of my aircraft, sounds, panels and FSpassenges to it. I know how to move the panels, sounds and AC to my new PC, but is it possible to move FSpassengers settings to there? Thanks Leachu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
nottobe

Fly over Tibet

I've been trying to find out how to fly over Tibet. No airport anywhere near!! I thought there was an airport in the capital of Tibet, but can't find any.... any idea?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
eFIS user

FS98 Vs FS2004

its been a while since i used flight simulator properly. the last one i used was fs98, which was really good at the time. thinking about getting the 2004 one but was just wondering if it is significantly better. is it good for navigation? ie u can fly fro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Trent Scott

Start menu & task bar appear in FS2004

When I open a new flight in FS2004, I can still see the blue (Windows XP) start menu and task bar (with the close, minimize and maximize) buttons on the top. Is there any way I can remove this during the game? Thanks in advance for the replies....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
hinch

ILS frequencies

had another hard time landing in fog yesterday because my MFD was showing the runway completely wrong. i noticed this first with munich airport, but now i've come across this a few more times. i put the ils frequency of the runway on nav1 and nav2, but...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
JuanK2005

Flight Simulator 2006: Some Ideas of Features

PUSHBACK TRUCKS!!! CAPTAIN AND CREW ANNOUNCEMENTS!!! REFUELING TRUCK!!! FULL COMPATIBILITY WITH LOW AND HIGH MEMORY VIDEO CARDS!!! MORE REALISM IN THE HORIZON!!!! IT'S NOT SO FLAT LIKE APPEARS!! REAL ATC AIRLINES!! (Avianca, Air France,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FHeselton on
Jared

FSD Cessna O-2A Anyone???

FSD has just released their Cessna O-2A (The military version of the 337 Skymaster). Does anyone have her or any of the FSD products that you can tell me about?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
JarJarBinks

HIGH AND LOW ATLITUDE AIRWAYS

hi all.. when you are making your flight in the flight plannner which aircraft are considered high altitude aurways and whcih one are low altitude airways??? thanks jarjar oh almost forgot....MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
kieranja

weather

which weather do u use real real 15 min or pick a weather type if i pick real world will the weather ever change or stay the way it was when i picked it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
crosscheck9

Disturbing Rain Patterns

Often, I load up a railny flight, and I'll be taxiing for departure, and the rain would suddenly stop. Why does this happen. I don't think it's because my CPU can't handle it. What could it be? I've set the weather rate of change for medium, however I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
leachus2002

FSpassengers experience

Hi All, Just thought I would share my first proper experiences of FSpassengers with you all. Today I created my new company (Easyjet(UK)), total aircraft 1, a brand new Airbus A319-100. I have flown a total of 3 flights now, Luton to Cork, Cork t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
kieranja

fsuipc

any 1 know where i can download fsuipc v3. i need this so i can get active sky wxre 1.9 to works with fs 2004...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on

FS2004 crash and restart

Hello, My system is Athlon XP 2600+, 1 gig 3200 ram, Radeon 9600 pro. Anyway, the game loads the main menu, but then if I click on create a flight, it goes there, crashes, and my computer restarts. Or I go to Options, it still crashes and restarts. It ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
ceetee

[ Poll ] Are you a VFR or Heavy Metal pilot?

Now, in general, the ‘heavy flyers’ are usually not so much interested in the landscape, the scenery below, and are more concerned with the weather, the radio navigation, the ILS systems on the larger airports and often the airports themselves. And th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
leachus2002

Can someone point me in the right direction plz?

Hey All, I am really starting to enjoy flying my B737-800 for Easyjet, but I am having a few problems with Landing when I am using FSpassengers and the aircraft has a load. I will summarise the situation. I am taking off with 60% total aircraft l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leachus2002 on
leachus2002

Boeing 737-800 (737 Experience) Question

Hi. I am flying a 737-800, but I am getting a caution light, right from the start of the flight. Having a look at the flight panel, it tells me that the caution is to do with "Flight Conf".... Can anyone explain what this is? The plane still sea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
leachus2002

Keeping the plane straight on Takeoff

Hey, Has anyone got any tips for keeping your sircraft on the centerline on take-off? Sometimes I find that the plane vears off to the left or the right. There must be a knack to it :p Leachus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
madbrit on
qwok

R22 beta II manifold pressure

I have found that he manifold pressure gauge on the betaII does not behave like the real beta II. If one increases collective the gauge goes to about the right place, but it does not stay there; it drifts down to between 14 and 16. For example, to climb...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
qwok on
wvushark

Weird Problem....Can't Takeoff???

Hello all, First post here. I have downloaded and use several different types of aircraft, as well as Traffic 2005. I have noticed now that when I try to fly an AirBus 380, Boeing 777, or a couple other large aircraft, I can't get off the ground. I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
halflike

fs2004 installation error cd2 USEnglishBig.gvp

I get an Error installing FS2004. on CD2 (40%), it says: "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 encountered a disk error while writing to the file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Sound\USEnglishBig.gvp. Make sure your hard disk is not full...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
vickysokhi

Help Me Please Need help In landing and finding the airport

Hi, I am new to the world of flight simulation. I love flying but unfortunately due to money problem I am not able to make it a career, So i am taking the help of flight simulator to fulfill my dream.. But i am facing a biggest problem and that is landing...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Micah

my flight from Newyork to an undisclosed destination (Pics)

So here we are, waiting to take of from NewYork And we are off, the focker is in the air! Flying up over NYC Well on route, about half way Decending towards destination anywhere! Turning onto final approach Coming into land And ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
vicky_sokhi

Help me pls to land my plane

Hi I am still struggling to land my plane I can take off the plane without problem but landing is a problem I am flying 747.. I have my default flight from Toronto to Delhi but on approach i cant land and crash the plane I don’t know what did i do i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
ShockAndYaw

Is it still VFR if you're using VORs to navigate?

Hi -- I'm trying plot out my first 'cross-country' VFR flight. The reading/tutorials I've done so far lead me to believe that VORs can be a part of your VFR flight plan, but is it really VFR if I hop on a Victor Airway? I'll probably stick to visual refer...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Erikpiper

Getting a new graphics card- Addons?

Hi! I'm finally going to get a fast enough PC for quite a few enhancements to FS and have all settings for video set to near max- I have a homebuilt PC with: an AMD 64 3000+, 512 MB of ddr400 Ram, soon to be upgraded to 1024, 120 GB of HD space ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
PanAmerican

I start flyin' for Global Star Virtual Airlines next month!

Just want to say that I am a pilot for Global Star Virtual Airlines and will start flyin' for them next month. I will start with Starjet where I need to get 50 more hrs, in order to fly the 737-800 with Global Star. Here is there link: http://www.glob...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on

Problem with Autopilot and Radio

Hello everyone, i have a problem with my autopilot and radios and sometimes the engine dials. The digits won't display, i have avionics on, everything all working as normal, i haven't changed any settings or done anything to it. Please help msn is manic_1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
lkw

Solution to E1 E2 Shift+E Shif+E2 problems

Can be found on AVSIM http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=rcbse-10.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search File Description: Does one of these problems sound familar ?? 1. In my multi-engine aircraft, I suddenly find that my throttle controller only work...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
ShockAndYaw

Winds aloft forecast

Hi -- this is a snippet off of NOAA's winds aloft forecast page: FT 3000 6000 9000 12000 etc..... ----------------------------------------------------------- FAT 3405 2206+10 2523+03 2336-04 etc... How do I read t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ShockAndYaw on

How do i set up a 3 monitor display for MS2004

Hello trying to set up my three monitors can some please help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jared

I Need Your Opinion Soon... Very Soon

Ok well my dad is giving me till tomorrow to make up my mind on what FS airplanes I want for X-mas. So here is what I need. I need your guys opinion. Now remember I love GA flying and only in single engine airplanes. If it has RG its not a big problem. Th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Don Wood

Becoming an airline pilot

There have been a number of questions in the past year about how to become an airline pilot. USA Today's web site has an excellent discussion of how one pilot accomplished that goal at http://www.usatoday.com/travel/columnist/getline/2005-12-19-ask-the-ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
PanAmerican

[ Poll ] Will Boeing and Airbus Merge?

I do not think they will merge anytime soon....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
lkw

A couple of interesting gagues

Ran across a couple of gauges on AVSIm that sparked my interest. You can get a good handle on what the wind is doing and correct you track to compensate. File Description: FS2004 KillDrift Gauge v1. The video screen on this gauge graphically displays...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WarHawk42 on
ceetee

"LunarPilot" Moon Simulator Addon

I am wondering whether or not to purchase "LunarPilot" the simulator of the Moon simulator for fs2004. I have seen the adverts many a time which logging onto AVSIM and today decided to check out the website, http://www.things-to-come.com/index_lp.htm I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JTH on
crash_deplane

737-400 fuel gauges

Anyone know how to show the total fuel quantity on the 737-400? I was flying from Miami to Amarillo, starting with full fuel, but when I shut down the engines at the gate, it showed 6% fuel left and right. But if I go into the change fuel menu, it showe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
astrosteve

Sad Day here in Miami,FL

All 20 aboard die as aircraft breaks apart, hits ocean. MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Investigators are trying to raise the wreckage of a seaplane from the ocean floor off Miami as they try to determine what caused the craft to break apart and slam into the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
astrosteve on
nottobe

I hope one day CH would make a motion seat, so that

I can experience the bumps on a gravel runway, and shakes in a turbulence. it doenst have to be expensive, doesnt have to be hydraulic, just a simple powerful electric motor..... is this feasible?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
madbrit on
CRJCapt

New Website for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

MSFS has a new website that some may not know about. It will replace the old one soon. It has a different address than the original. There's a Tweak section that tells you how to edit the aircraft configuration file to acheive some cool effects or chan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
HardLanding on
Page 61 of 111