Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

leachus2002

Corrupted File

Hi, Can someone please send me thier "modules/gps_export.dll" file please? Mine has become corrupted and it is claiming I have to re-install Flight Sim, meaning that I will loose all of my settings 😞 The file is located in C:\program file...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Jared

Dreamfleet Beech Baron 58

Hello. Does anyone have the Dreamfleet Baron 58? I really just want a nice GA plane that I can always fly. I really like the panel and the model from pictures. I've heard the sounds and it sounds great. I've read both reviews and they say its excellent. I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
JimVT

Reinstall Mooney Bravo

Somehow I deleted the default Mooney Bravo from FS9. What's the quickest way to re-install it? Thanks, JimVT...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
F1FERRARI

I.M WETTING MY PANTS HERE WITH THESES GRAPHICS

HI ALL JUST GOT global 2005 wow what a difference the terain makes 12gig in all 3 dvd's worth the money plus just to keep me flying I purchased 1gig of spitfires everyone that has ever been made and I got THE WINGS OF POWER as well...but most of all I hav...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JTH on
Greekman72

FS Passengers question.

Hello my friends. 😀 I want your helpful knowledges about FS passengers. Is there a way to handle this program,i mean buy-sell crafts,repairs or anything else without opening Flight Sim? In this moment if i want to run FSP i have to remembe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Aldeeb

Engine(s) not running on startup

I think I blipped a key that caused my sim to stop having the engine(s) already running when startup as was previously the case. They are actually running but only for seconds and then shut down and I have to use Control+E to get them up and running ag...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
M_pilot

hey 4th cd contents

can u tell me where can i download the 4th cd contects of fs2004...i have lost the 4th cd.it also contains the crack in it.plzzzzzz...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FHeselton on
Jared

Question about Reality XP GNS430

Hello everyone. Well there isn;t an airplane that I really want. The airplane that I fly the most is the Carenado Cessna 182RG. So I was wondering if it is possible to put the Reality XP GNS430 along with the Garmin GTX transponder that comes with it into...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
CrashGordon

Setting up a CH Yoke.

I got my Christmas present early, a CH Yoke. I love it but I seem to be reacting too slowly to situations that occur. In other words, I am not seeing the "crisp" response I was getting with a joystick. Any suggestions on setting sensitivities,etc., w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
rickypig112

FS 2004 problems

i played on my friends flight sim 04 the other day and realised they had two things mine didnt. firstly the sounds of the enigines and secondly the sounds of the crew talking to the tower. does anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions on how ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Micah

screenshots - fao flyaway, radarman, fem etc

Hi guys, i think a few people including myself are a bit peeved at how slowly the screenshots get updated. i submitted some a little while ago and they haven't been updated for ages. :cry: Now, this isn't a post just to have a moan :sleep: , i defi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Nate66

Close encounter

I still think ATC should get fired...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
Fresh!

New Helicopter Simulator

Hi, I am a very big fan of FS2004, but what I like best are flying choppers. I have just learned of the sequel to operation flashpoint, coming out early 2006, it's called Armed Assault (http://www.armedassault.com/). In case you didn't kno...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
leachus2002

Problem with Avsim A340-600

Hi All, I have just download AVsims A340-600 to use on FS2004. I have downloaded it fine and unzipped all of the files to the right place, but everytime I go to load the aircraft FS errors and says it cannot load "GAUGES/A330.gau". I am confused. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
alohajoe

I NEED MAJOR HELP!!!!!

Hey guys. I know I haven't benn online much, cause i haven't had any problems. Except for now..... I downloaded an "enhanced light and rotorwash" extra and i instlall it as it says and go into FS and push L fo lights, but they didn't come on. I restarted ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
alohajoe on
Mikbrynt

How to add "[OLDMODULES] DLL=1" to the main FS9 co

Can some one please tell me how to access the main FS9 config file? I can get to the FS9 config folder. But there's 37 files in there. I need the file that will allow me to override the FSSOUND.dll warning I get when I fire up the game. Any help at all wo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ShockAndYaw

Issue with kneeboard

Has anyone seen this problem before. I open the kneeboard and the entire image from the top of the knee board goes black (no matter where I move the board). It doesn't crash or anything, I just can't see anything. http://i36.imagethrust.com/t/98598/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
beerbadger

Basic ILS

Ok ill give you the low down on ILS, You are at 3000 feet aproaching heathrow, you are not lined up. 1- ATC clears you for the ils approach to runway 27l, you tune the frequency for that runway,found on the world map(click on the airport and scroll d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beerbadger on
leachus2002

Probably a really silly noob like question

Hi Peeps, Just thought that I would ask what this peice of cockpit equipment was? I know I can land an aircraft and take one to the sky, but I am never sure what this does :p All I know is that it rotates bloody quick when you land! Probably s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beerbadger on
gasok

Starting 737NG engines

Well I finally bought pmdg737ng, I did the cockpit checks, programmed the fmc, the APU is running but help, I just cannot get the engines to start....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
CoasterXtreme

PMDG 747 question

When i got up around 30,000ft. i started loosing a little speed so i leveled the plane off a bit to gain enough speed to climb but every so often i was hearing this like grinding noise and I was trying to figure out what that noise was telling me but I ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on
fmpjb

Dumb Question?

I was just wondering how you tell when you are on the correct path for an airway, be it jet or victor? Is there an instrument(s) that will tell you? sorry in advance about the dumb question....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on

Landing and Overspeed

EVERY time I play flight sim I get two problems: First is 'overspeed' I get this all the time and I am aware that I put full throttle on for take off but then to stop 'overspeed' coming up do you reduce the engine thrust using F3/F2? Doesn't this slow ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BashDaBish on
ceetee

747 Virtual Cockpit

I have a problem: When I fly the default my Boeing 747’s around (the Landmark Airways one for example), the virtual cockpits appear fine, with all the correct textures etc, but when I install repaints for the default 747, I go into the VC and everyth...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sheac114 on
JTH

The lowdown on moveable propellor planes?

I think they're called turboprops. I feel I've outgrown my Cessna 172 to some extent, and I'd like to try a plane with a moveable propellor like the Cessna 182 or Beechcraft Baron. But I don't get what you're meant to do differently now that you have the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
nap_guy

Whoa

I just flew from Dubai to Frankfurt (in real life) on Emirates, wow. They have this cool nosecam that even the jokers in coach like me could watch on our own personal little screen. A full fledged menu for coach, choices of hundreds of movies, I mean it w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
CrashGordon

Strange weather

I had this happen on a flight from KLAX to NTAA.I was at FL320 and the entire sky turned light grey as if it were fog.. Couldn't see the ocean or the sun. This continued until the end of the flight. I could just barely make out land details during land...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beerbadger on
igor.rant

How to make an ILS landing?

Hello! I'm new in the world of the Fs2004! Can somebody tell me, how I make an ILS Landing? B.R. I.R....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
tomthetank

Fireworks

😀 Happy new year to you all 😀 Just in case you missed them.......turn the clock back to 00.00.01 making sure youve got the right date 01 01 2004 and fly from any major airport and you should see a firework display somewhere near by ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JTH on
beerbadger

[ Poll ] Concorde?

Should Be Interesting, reply to why you voted!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
jetman35

airplane silhouette

Has anybody tried to fly a plane against the moon background at night? Am I trying to say this right? Every once in a while on a lucky night you can see an airliner in the shadow of the moon. JM :umm...:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beerbadger on
JTH

How do you know which runway to land on?

Hello all, I'm still pretty much an FS2004 novice. Can anyone explain to me how you know which runway to land on when instructed by ATC? Say when ATC says "you are cleared to land on runway 8R", how do you know which runway is which and how to approach it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
SteveT

Laptop..

Hello. I was wondering cos my brother seems to be on the computer all the time and I don'r particulally have time to go on it! Do any of you good guys know any really cheap laptops (link if possible) or any good second hand laptops. Or do any o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
crosscheck9

Flight too short to reach cruise altitude

I was just thinking about previous flights I've completed, and I found that often, the distance of the flight was so short, there wasn't enough time to reach cruise altitude. Is the aircraft supposed to make a quick transition from climb to descent when ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on
JTH

What does a pilot mean when they say this to ATC?

What does a pilot mean when they say to ATC something like they're inbound to land "with Juliet" or "with Hotel". I've always wondered what that was all about. Thanks in advance for any help... Oh and P.S. what does the "bleed air" switch do? I see it ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
Agus0404

Understanding this Readme

Version 2.1 To use ´Flaps´: First unzip the contents somewhere temp. Move the file Flaps.abl and WX-file in your x:\FS9\Flights\Flaps dir. Move the *.wav files your gonna use in the x:\FS9\adv\wav dir of your FS-directory, or if there isn't ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
damon80

GPS Navigation

Hi Folks, I was wondering if you can help... When navigating from one airport to another, I can navigate using GPS by putting the departure airport and the desination airport in the flight planner, select VFR navigation, select GPS, then click "Find...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
damon80

Dumping Fuel

How do you dump fuel from an aircraft within FS9? Or is it not possible??? Also, is it possible to declare an emergency to air traffic control within FS9, or is that something that you can only do with an add-on like FSPassenger???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SidneyBG

Downloading

Hello...I am new to Fly Away, my nickname is SidneyBG and I just turned 9. I love to fly in simulation and I want to be a pilot someday. But I have a problem...I try downloading these add-on Zip files for MS2004 Civil Jets and my computer will not open ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Liono

payware weather radar

Does anyone have the Reality-xp weather? I was wondering if it's any good before I get the old mastercard out. It can be found here if anyone's interested ➡ http://www.reality-xp.com/products/WX5/index.htm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
JTH

Fuel question regarding Cessna 172

On the Cessna 172 there is a switch beside the lighting switches called "fuel pump". Could anyone explain what this does and when I might use it? Also, beside the throttle there is a blue "mix" knob. I assume this has to do with fuel as well but I have...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WarHawk42 on
mikee747

UK2000 Serial Code Help (not asking for a serial)

Hello, You probably think that I am requesting a serial. I am not! Anyway to the point, I have UK2000 Scenery. I only have the 16 digit serial code yet to download a UK2000 scenery product you have to have an 12 digit one. How do I find the 1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Check out this bad boy (1st failure EVER in Fsp)

This was absolutely incredible! The thrill you get as you grit your teeth during the last few seconds above the runway, knowing the minute you touch down there's gonna be a cloud of sparks and the screech of metal against pavement is priceless. FsP was en...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KurtPStevens on
damon80

Flight Sim Running When Minimised???

Anyone know if it's possible to keep FS running when it's minimised? I've got it running in a window on my desktop, but everytime I click off the window, it pauses the simulation. I've got the autopilot running, and i'm doing a trans-atlantic flight...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
sonicninja

Flight Yoke and Pedals

Hi folks, can anyone recommend a good flight yoke and pedals from anywhere in the UK, i am keen to hear of any reviews of these items before i purchase them. many thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JTH on
JTH

Quick question about the traffic pattern

When I ask ATC for a full stop landing in FS2004, they often say something like "enter right downwind runway 1R". I know this relates to the traffic pattern but can anyone tell me if this means: a) Fly on the right side, parallel to runway 1R but in th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JTH on
madbrit

A nice endorsement.....

Topic from the latest AOPA infomail. Posted in a couple of places so it gets visibility (no pun intended) 'FLY' REAL-WORLD SCENARIOS IN WEATHERWISE ONLINE COURSE Low ceilings and restricted visibilities are aviation's most deadly killers. But thankf...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Ren_Hoek

FedEx AI flight plans?

Where can I find them? I have been using Project AI's installer things, which make it incredibly easy to add flight models and flight plans for all sorts of airlines. However, they don't have a FedEx PAI installers. So I'm wondering if someone coul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sylvan on
Insight

Pilots for Real?

Ok, I imagine this has been posted before at some point, but there are probably new members since the last time.. Is anyone on here or has anyone on here been a real pilot? If so, what do / did you fly? Cheers Insight...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
mypilot

1 degree flaps during climb out

I just finished my climb in a 737-400 and during climb out, I left the slats out and I was climbing at 5000 fpm, with only 9 degrees picth up. There wasn't too much drag either. This caused me to reach my cruising altitude much easier and quicker and wast...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Page 64 of 111