Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

tomthetank

Taxi speed

Are you fed up with being told to "go around" by ATC because some dam fool is clearing the runway at 5 mph :evil: Well dont get mad, sort it out with this fab tool called Fs9Configurator Davec found this the other day and Ive given it a good work ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
gazpode_l

Alignment problems with ILS

Hi Seen the comments regarding to approaches at schipol etc. My problem is sometimes the plane appears to go all over the place and doesn't line up wit the runway properly using "APR" button. this only seems to apply to the BIG Jets (747 & 777) wot am i ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
dark.soul

mesh editor

hello, i just want to ask how to make terrainmeshes. is there any way to make it without satelite data (e.g. from maps)? im from dresden, germany and near my hometown are great sandstone-mountains that don't look good whith an 76m mesh.... and so i w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dark.soul on
CP16

Restarts

During a flight some strange noises arise and the computer tends to block. Sometimes the computer eventually restarts itself without any message or previous advice. I have made a lot of tests with the add-ons and without them, and I’m concluding that ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Elkinallen

Airliner pilot

There is a new addon coming out. It is called 'Airliner pilot' for FS9. It allows you to 'hire on' as a first officer and make your way up to captain flying various routes and aircraft. I saw it in PC Pilot magazine last week. That is all I know ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
The-GPS-Kid

The FLY AWAY 2004 Awards

Here's a post where you can present virtual awards to fellow members and guests who have inspired you or made you laugh, or perhaps who have been generous with their time or patience. Here are mine :- Radar Man For unconditional help to all, and th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Blurred Vision

People with Full details, hi-res,realistic traffic & FPS

Could people who use Full details, hi-res, realistic traffic Having good framerate on FS 2004 --- write their computer specs. ? I would be really greateful... Just to know, wether I can dream about this or not... (My config : P4 2.4 512 MB Ram ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on
bhaynes

plane runs off runway when releasing brake; no control

HAVE ADJUSTED AND DONE EVERYTHING INCLUDING RELOADING THE SOFTWARE, BUT THE PLANE WON'T TRACK STRAIGHT DOWN THE CENTERLINE OF THE RUNWAY, IT WANTS TO VIEER OFF TO THE RIGHT AND RUNOVER EVERYTHING IN IT SIGHT. FRUSTRATED ! ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Skymuncher on
Blurred Vision

Hey, Could you post here must have add-ons and utilities etc

Hey, could you post here must have add-ons, utilities etc. what do you think is a must-download 🙂 for a total begginer (me 😂 ) I mean here not scenery and aircraft but some other useful programs and packages like Ultimate Traffic, w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
poop2

Help with landing

can someone please describe the easiest way to setup an approach/land a plane? i can do the landing solo flight lesson under studnet pilot, but in a regular flight i have no idea what im doing. i try to do the vor approach lesson but its very confusing t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
blazer48 on
glenlakes

How to Cencel Membership ?

I habe been looking for a way to cancel my membership here at Fla Away but haven't found any place to do so. Would someone be so kind to point me in the right direction. Many thanks, Glen...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
blazer48 on
99jolegg

AI Problem

Hi, I recently have lost AI traffic in FS9 and find myself flying around on my own, even at airports such as Heathrow (EGLL) and Denver (KDEN). I attempted to download different liveries for AI traffic and they worked but now it has all disappeared. I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on

FS9 Configurator

This free program might be of interest to those who wish to change some of the FS settings www.kensalter.com/fs9configurator...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
JVD

Any information from Microsoft about FS2006?

Sticky:To MS-What we'd like in the next FS Has anyone got a reply from Microsoft and does anyone know anything about the next flight sim ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
KurtPStevens

KSNS

Just Just curious…anyone else out there call Salinas Muni “Home”?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KurtPStevens on
wayno

airbus 320 for MS flight sim. 2004

Can I get a D/L of the airbus 320 that will work with my 2004 flight simulator. I am new to this sight, sure could use some help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
michlin

Cannot Print NavLog

When I create a flight using Flight Planner and then try to print out the NavLog using the Print button nothing happens. I'm running Win XP and have an Epson 785EPX printer. Has other users experienced this bug? Is there a fix? TIA...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
spuddi

ATC

does anyone know how to find out what airlines microsaft has recorded into the ATC? I am changing the ATC callsign in the aircraft.cfg but only some of the airline names work correctly. eg if I put in the aircraft.cfg "virgin atlantic" as the ATC airl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on
Norm 62

FS2004 Rebooting

When flying in fs2004 system reboots while flying. Any suggestions as why this happens. Any suggestions would welcome. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
Blurred_Vision

Scared of requirements... Will my system do ?

I've found this site about 2 weeks ago and fall in love MFS 2004 ! Now I'm wishing to buy it and saving money 🙂 The thing that bothers me is the minimal system requirements 😞 .... I dream of full detail and at least 1024/768 resoluti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Skymuncher on
gazpode_l@yahoo.com

Landing tutorial:- (OPPINIONS WELCOME!)

I have seen many of you groaning about how difficult landing an aircraft in flight simulator is 😂 In all honesty, It's not as hard as you make it out to be 😛 . These points below I always stick by are easy to follow and you should fi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gazpode_l@yahoo.com on
RichH

Using other MS Flight Simulators with Windows XP?

The operating system on my computer is Windows XP Home Edition and I currently have MS FS2004. Am I able to use older versions of MS Flight Simulator with Windows XP? example would be MS FS2002 Thanks in advancce for any responses on this. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RichH on
shongalolo68

Use flight controls such as yoke, pedals?

is it still possable to get flight sim controls? the yoke, pedels and throttle. or are they not populer any more....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on
Evw93

How do you load a plane on FS04 from Flyaway simulation.com?

Look, I need some help. I just can't get the planes I downloaded on to my FS04. :oops: :cry: I need help and nothing works. If You would help me, I would thank you from the bottem of my heart. Please Help! evw93...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Chris102

Toolbar

I've seen some screenshots with the toolbar at the top of the game (the toolbar with the minimize, exit, ect.). How do I set this setting so I can have the toolbar at the top of the page?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
Sam Intel

Cabin Announcements

Does any body know where I can download cabin announcements?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sam Intel on
mypilot

Bloody Murder!

My framerates have been killed. It is really laggy now. Is there any way to fix it? How do you get that information. And what should it say? It was really noticable when I flew inot LAX tonight....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on

taxing from gate

I was playing this morning and was leaving from Portland Intl (Kpdx) and asked the tower for runway, and it tells me what runway and what letters to look for, but how do i know which way the letters go. up till now I have beeen flying a Cessna from a sma...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
laza

space shuttle sim

I been flying this site since the beginning, some of the a/craft (big megs) are fantastic, some a bit so so, like somehow I downloaded an f18 which arrived with a cessna 150 panel and sound, then I got the huge download f18 with about 10 variations and it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sam Intel on
aviation_capting_mathew

How to Install Wing Views

Hello guy's some-one couldnt spend 5mins and tell me how i get or install wing views, cheer's. 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
CP16

Autoruder

Hi Somebody konws ,why the aircraft turn to left after T/O when the Autorudder option in the realism setting are Off Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CP16 on
boomshiko

Great to be back!

Hi guys! After weeks of mending my computer after a virus attack, i'm back in the air with my helicopters listening to Creedence Clearwater Revival.... How's everyone been doing? Got to get back to reading all the new posts! happy flying, b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Agus0404

Calculating temperature

Hello folks! Here I am again. This time I want to know how to calculate the outside air temperature (OAT). I got a chart from British Airways VA (http://www.bavirtual.co.uk/about/ and I know how to calculate the SAT and TAT. So I don't have to worry about...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Agus0404

Airport charts

Yes, it's me again. This time, I'd like to print some airport charts showing the taxiways and stuff. Does anyone know where can I get them?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
peco

Aircraft Carriers

I would love to land and take off from an aircraft carrier in fs 2004 is it possible to get them as add ons. Please help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
mypilot

Carrier landing cheats

I just thought of this. You could try and land any plne you want on the aircraft carrier and as soon as you hit the deck you could click on the map icon and just only change your airspeed. 🙂 I'll try it when I get home....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ShortStop02

Game graphics looks like crap

i have Win XP GeForce4 MX 420 254mb ram is that good? if it is, then why does it look like crap? im not sure if i need a new driver or not cause i dont know where to check. im not too good with this kinda stuff so if anyone could put it simply th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Skymuncher on
amermel

How do I get your rank up?

How do you get your rank up from trainee?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
CP16

Pitot heat

Hi I would like to know what is the Pitot heat and when I should use that. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Habu on
sonicninja

Best Addons for FS2004

What are your best addons for FS2004?? Mine is RIAT (Royal International Air Tattoo) by Visual Flight, I payed £14 for this and it is the "Dogs Danglys" as we say in the UK 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
Fire_Emblem_Master

There's stupid people in the world.....

This is rather funny, at least I think so. Alex (FEM) is driving down the road (Bout 45 min ago) eating his Wendy's Hambuger, while a white truck rides his ass. He's going slow (50mph in a 55mph zone) so he can concentrate. When he pulls up to the in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
BashDaBish

IAS or actual air speed

Hi all and thanks in antcipation for your answers 😀 IAS is the speed setting I am using at the moment but noticed actual air speed was also an option. I know the difference between the two but wondered what the pro's and con's where of both se...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
toyman98948

Question about planes

I was wondering if 2002 planes in here for down load will work in 2004 any help will be greatly appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
toyman98948 on
The-GPS-Kid

Basic 2 Monitor advice for The-GPS-Kid

Hey all, How nice my Postman is! He just knocked at the door and dropped off a brand new 17" TFT monitor for me! So the new monitor is installed and wow FS is looking great (previous to getting this, my monitor was my weak spot being 15"). Now ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Insight

St Maarten Landing Approach

lol a friend of mine sent this video taken from a beach at St Maarten showing the approach used for the airport. :o Anyone done this in FS2004? I don't fly aircraft like that, so if any of you do do it.. please post us a screeny or 2 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
philipjes

Activate the gate?

Ey.. Is it possible, to get that gate rulling out to the door? I've seen it once in TTT's movie, what he likes to see in FS2006. So, can I also do it, or not? -Im gating in Heathrow Airport, EGGL. //Ph1L Pic --->...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
philipjes on
Suds

KIAS Gauge - Addon Panels

On some of my addon panels, Ken Mitchell's 727 and MD-80 and the Fokker 10070, specifically, my KIAS gauge reads 045 even when stopped. Does anyone know if this is normal for some AC? Makes judging taxi speed difficult. Thanks for any help! Suds...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Suds on
kittyhawk63

Kirk Ollson's F-16 HUD(?) messed up.

I am having trouble trying to fix the HUD inside the F-16's cockpit screen. The numbers of the HUD are not clearly displayed. These are the numbers displaying the speed and the altitude of the plane. Some numbers are partially displayed while some numbers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sylvan on
sonicninja

Airports txt List for TTools

Does anyone know where I could get an updated airports list for TTools containing many of the airports not included in the standard FS2004 list? many thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sylvan on
The Anonymous Guest

ATP Checkride

Hi Everyone. Just wondering, does anyone know of website that has a ATP checkride walkthrough/tutorial. Examiner keeps telling me i dont set power to 90% N1, when i do, so just trying to find a walkthrough that could help me Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Simonta on
Page 85 of 111