Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

crosscheck9

a340 vsi + Glideslope

In the posky a340 panel, I'm having a pretty big problem. I don't have a VSI, or at least I can't find one, and I can't get the glideslope to appear. Can someone tell me the correct procedure for activating ILS with that panel..I can do it on every othe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick Lee on
megafoot

FUN FACTOR

Greetings, I have had FS2004 for about a week now and i am wanting to expand my horizons with the sim. I am not new to Microsoft Flight Simulator though the last version i dabbled with was Microsoft Flight Simulator II (the one that Lindburg used i ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick Lee on
Paiute

TCAS on UT Problem

I have Ultimate Traffic and for a quite a while the TCAS functioned well, showing the nearby aircraft. Then something happened and now the TCAS will not show aircraft at any range setting. I uninstalled and then reinstalled UT, but that did not solve ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Paiute on
Chris102

Writing a Readme File

I have my Bush/Cheney and Kerry/Edwards textures ready to go to avsim, and I was wondering if someone could help me write the readme file, or give some info on what to include?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
michlin

ILS feather - No runway?

I am flying around the Hong Kong area today. I headed towards the Macau Intl airport (VMMC) and notice the GPS indicating an ILS feather over water just north and almost perpendicular to the airport. The map view shows nothing there. I assume it is an er...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
Rick Lee

Strictly for Airbus fans only!!!

No comment. The article speaks for itself. (just to keep the Boeing/Airbus debate alive) 😀 In the years prior to the decision to begin the project, both Airbus and arch-rival ] had spent a great deal of effort on considering the very-large-a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Zebra

i need help with my account?

Hey, I Payed for the service of this website but i still cannot log-in? why was there a problem which i was not aware of? below is the proof that i have payed for the service. I have sent an email to your accounts@flyawaysimulation.com email bu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
thorpeclassp

ATC stops giving directions -ILS ?

hello, I was flying from LAX to San Francisco, relying on ATC to give me directions and altitude directions all the way as it usually does. For some reason it stoppped giving me directions and I passed the airport. ATC always gives me directions t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on
kevin2003

Crashing in Princess Juliana

Dear Fellow Simmers, would anyone happen to know the default file name for Princess Julianna airport( TNCM ) in the Scenery folder of FS9.I must have corrupted mine as when I approach to airport the program crashes and if I try to start from there I ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kevin2003 on
mickey707

flight simulator 2006(FSX??)

I think Microsoft should continue with their historical aircrafts with the first modern airliners such as the 707 and the DC 8. The patch found on the site improves the framerate quite a bit but I missed so much my add-ons I had to remove it...one of th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on

Real Weather

Has anyone experienced this over the last several weeks... The simulator indicates that the real world weather has been loaded, but the weather doesn't even come close to matching the real weather in that location? Plus, if you fly several days later...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Geoffos on
Elkinallen

populating Hong Kong Kai Tak

Does anyone know of a way to populate Kai Tak airport with traffic? I know its closed but I would like to have it going again. In this fantasy world of flight, I would like to bring kai tak back. I have the addon for kai tak (Scenery) It would be lov...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
PierreL

GPS setting Lat/long

I have read the manual twice but can't seem to find how to enter a Lat/long in the GPS to be able to home on it. All I find are prerecorded waypoints. I tried with the flight planner, but did not find a way either. Is this at all possible, and if so how...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PierreL on
Jared

Wilco ERJ-145

When i saw the Wilco ERJ 145 i new i wanted it. But what do you think. How real is it the the real thing. Also what liveries come with it and what liveries can you get. Thanks for the help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Skymuncher on
crosscheck9

PLEASE ANSWER ASAP!!

Hi everyone, I've got this A340 I downloaded from POSKY, and I decided to follow the manual they gave me with the download, as it looks very accurate. If anyone actually has the manual, this message would be a lot easier to comprehend... I took...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
nottobe

how do i know i am intersecting the ILS radar beam?

i followed the ATC for heading and altitude in order to line up with the localizer beam, but i dont know when i would be exactly in the middle of the beam. how far is the beam stretched to? when should I switch GPS to NAV? and when can I switch hdg to APR...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
Liono

Charts

Is simplates worth getting or not? If not is there a freeware version that is the same? thanks in advacne Liono...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KurtPStevens on
aGgIeMaN

Creating Add-ons

I work on full flight simulators for a living and am interested in creating some add-ons for fs04 based on some of the biz jet types that I work on like the Falcon 900 or the Falcon 2000 or the Hawker 800XP. Can anyone point me in the direction that I ne...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
aGgIeMaN on

Frame rate stuck at 20 fps

When I check my frame rate (ctrl - z ) is says my frame rate is stuck at 20 fps. running a p4@2.2 with 1 gig of memory on a shuttle xpc 51b. Video card is an nvidia 5700. Any ideas on how to boost the rate or unlock the card if that's the problem ? BT...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
3balls on

Upgrades to small airports in FS2004 - need help...

Hello all! I'm currently using FS2002, but since hearing about the upgraded weather and airports (runway and taxiway signs etc) in FS2004 I've been thinking about upgrading. I do need your help with a couple of things though. 1) Do you think the dif...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
FL050

Selecting Engines...

Does anyone else have problems selecting engines? I have the default key's for my configuration, which is E and then pushing 1 or 2 to select the engine. I can usually select the first engine fine and on the first try by just holding down E and then p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on

Just updated my email address and cannot see forums

Since changing my email addy an hour ago when I login as "michlin" I cannot see any forum posts. My profile page looks different too. Shutting down my browser and clearing any cookies then returning to this site I can view all posts as I should be able to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
patw

FSHotSFX - GPS-Kid

Hello there GPS-Kid, or anyone who use FShotSFX, What do you think of it. I have been using it for over a year now and think it makes FS9 even more 'As real as it gets' I would recomend it to all FS users. What does it do? - It gives a busy sound t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Barge on
Rick Lee

Srictly for Boeing fans only!!!

Hi, I thought diehard Boeing fans might enjoy drooling over the figures contained in the following article: Ryanair is an airline based in Ireland. It is Europe's largest low-cost carrier, operating 209 low-fare routes to 94 destinations across 17...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
nottobe

why the nose goes to left when the wind blows from my left?

on the ground. I thought the nose would be pushed to the wind direction, but it goes the opposite way. I tried a few airports, all the same!!...i mean on the ground only...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
nottobe

can some one recommend a good CH rudder pedal?

I need a realistic and cost effective rudder pedal, with USB and compatible with XP home and my current side winder joystick which has the twist rudder capability. I know CH products are the best, can some one give a recommendation? Thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Skymuncher on
Aero-man

landing fees?

What is a landing fee, and when do you get one?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
FL050

Help with Procedure Turns....

Well, I don't know hardly anything about Procedure Turns but I am trying to learn. Procedure Turn is just a way of entering a holding pattern, right? I am supposed to go outbound on a VOR from 310 Radial and then supposed to execute a 45/180 proc. tu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jkheavy on
Suds

Aileron/Rudder Centering Problem!!!

Hi, I'm having trouble getting any key to work for aileron/rudder centering. I've tried remapping it to different keys, but it never works. Also noticed some weird things happening when I try to map to the Numer Pad, with and without Num Lock on. Also,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rlamont on
Skymuncher

FS Build vs FSNav vs Flight Sim Commander

Hi, I'm looking for an advandced flight planner / flight management utility. I have mainly heard of FSNavigator and FS Build. Which one would you recommend? Also I have heard that only FS Build was compatible with the 767 Level-D, which is an add-on th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
sylvan

Better Contrails

If you missed it, released yesterday by Thorsten Reichert was nice little effect which makes your contrails look alot better. Check it out on AVSIM - search for new_contrails_fs.zip 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on

How do you create a screenshot?

I just purchased fs2004 and love it, however, i would like to know how to create a screenshot from it. Can anyone provide any help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Crow

Walking?

Hello I'm pretty new to MFS. Anyways, in the video regarding the C-130 Herc comming out soon from Captain Sim, it includes running, and walking inside, and outside of the plane. Is this an add-on that is comming out with the Herc or can you already do so...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick Lee on
Chris102

Repainting

When I repaint with Adobe PHotoshop, the textures come out blurry. How do I correct this problem?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
reynoa00

Problems with ILS approach

I've been flying a 737 into Amsterdam Schipol - all fine and dandy. Got eveyrthing working well, but the APR swtich on ILS lands me about 200 yds short of the runway (in a canal!). What's going on? Am I doing something stupid (almost certainly!) :oops:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FHeselton on
99jolegg

VOR Help

Hi, After houuuurs of reading, and practicing, I finally understand the concept of VOR and how to use it, and navigated myself from Heathrow (EGLL) to Birmingham (EG??) 👏 🙂) Now, I would like to know where I can get sectional charts fr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wook on
Beach

Me Again:

APU, Bleed Air, and Hydrolic systems, External Power Carts, Cabin Pressurization systems. Stop the Beech King Air #2 Eng Oil Light from comming on when you pull back on the RPM handels at cruise. The oil pressure DOES stay good. More realistic failures....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Elkinallen

backup and RESTORE of FS9 the way you had it.

You can backup and restore FS9 the way you had it before WITHOUT lengthly re-installation of all addons. Here's how I do it: After I had all freeware/pay addons installed etc., I saved the ENTIRE FS9 directory on a DVD (Holds more data) I then, due t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
amermel

F.S. closes down Please Help!!!

When I'm flying every five or six minutes the Flight Simulator closes down and my desktop shows up. What can I do to stop this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
amermel on
The-GPS-Kid

2 x XP Operating Systems... deleting 1

Hi, I promise this is my last technical question for a while ! About 6 months ago I completed a full system recovery on my PC - literally wiped the entire thing using the system recovery disc. Now all was fine - apart from one thing. Something w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
deltacharlie58

multi monitors

have decided I want to expand my flight simming and use 2 monitors with FS2004. One for instruments, the other for out of window view. I am unsure of what I need to do. Someone told me I need a dual head video card (at least 256 mg), while I also read tha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
jimimac

multi monitor displays

i have a fx5900agp and was thinking of adding a fx5200 pci card to setup a triple monitor display and have three external views when running fs9, but i dont know what the fps would be, i was also considering replacing the fx5900 with a matrox parhelia and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
Elkinallen

Active Sky WXre

This program is an addon that creates real WX in FS8/9 It is pretty good!!!! It allows gradual cloud, rain and fog to occur instead of it just 'appearing'. It ALSO creates and gives full WX reports INCLUDING Winds aloft!!!! Wake turbulence is simul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
99jolegg

Touch and Go

Hiya, What is the point in touch and go and when is it used? I've never done it before :dontknow:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
THOR

SCREENSHOT

❓ ❓ I've been seeing all these really awesome pictures of screenshots from Flight Sim 2004. I can't seem to find the correct key or combination of keys to hit to make a screenshot. Any assistance is greatly welcomed. Thanks, THOR...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Guest Ed

Following the Equator around the world

Hi all, I've started an around the world tour, with the restriction that I will follow the Equator as much as possible, and never leave the tropics (between 23.5 degrees north and south latitude). Since the only location I could think of that would de...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
mojo666

disk 4

ive downloaded microsoft flight simulator 2004 and mounted the files onto cd's using alcohol 120%. it installs ok but when i go to start it up it says please insert disk 4. disk 4 is in already when it says this. please can someone help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gazpode_l on
Snaker

Mediterranean Air War Add on for CFS3 - FREEWARE!!!!

Hi Everybody - Just doing a little announcing of some great freeware for CFS3 that is coming out latter this year. Click on this link for more imforation. It is going to be fantastic. The crew has been working on this for many many months. It w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Snaker on
kevin2003

Real World Weather problems

Forum members familiar with RWW may be able to help me with this one.Each time I fly with RWW loaded(udate every 15 mins) the same thing happens at below 2000ft on final approach.The visuals turn instantly to fog with visibilty less than 2 miles.This sure...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kevin2003 on
99jolegg

Wingtip Vortices?

Hi, Wingtip vortices are extremely dangerous for smaller aircraft, but don't winglets stop wingtip vortices from occuring? If so, why don't more aircraft have them? Or is there more to it? Thanks 😀 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
Page 84 of 111