Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Newboy

Help- Beacon problem

Hi guys, Could someone please tell me how to get my beacon light working. I seem to have lost the beacon light. It doesnt work if if i swtich it on in the cockpit. Am i missing a file or something? thanks Newboy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Guest Ed

The Mississippi River Tour: Minnesota to the Gulf of Mexico

Hey all, I've just finished another tour; I decided not to report on it in regular installments like I usually do, because I've been quite busy and haven't had much time to fly lately. In fact, it took me over a month to finish what was really only ab...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
KJP

nautical miles & regular miles?

hey, I was just wondering is there a difference between regular milage in say your car and nautical miles as in FS2004? cheers KJP...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
Jared

Reality-XP Jet Line 2

hello. i have the PMDG Beech 1900D and im proud of it. so i was thinking of kicking it up a notch and getting the reality XP jet line 2 guages for the plane. what do you think about my choice. are they good to get? thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
twistedsucker

Maintaining altitude

How do i maintain a constand altitude at a certain speed? I am currently halfway through my Heathrow-Chicago flight in a Boeing 757. When approaching, I want to keep a low speed but then again I do not want the plane to drop to the ground too early. And w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
twistedsucker on
rtaylor18

Forum access

I downloaded and printed TM's tutorial. I then started to program the FMC and followed each instruction line by line. However, when I got to the Departure page 1/2 shows rather than 1/6. The FMC shows Blues2, Cards4, Lindy2, Ozark 3. No Lindy2Maw. When...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
cabe

install noob question

Hey everyone, This is my first post on this forum and I'm sure it's been posted a million times, but I'm very computer illiterate and am having a hard time installing aircraft. I click download, I click save, the plane downloads, I click open, an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
alanj7

New to Add-on's: Help

I'm sure this has been explained many times,And I did catch something about putting scenery into add-on scenery folder etc. But is there a basic how-to or example that someone could briefly explain to me just how to download an add-on and how to incorpor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
alanj7 on
SoCalRick

News: JustFlight claims to know when FS2006 will release!

Whether JustFlight is actually in the know or not, this is an interesting item from their web site: http://www.justflight.com/en/(kfftjkem0juoj1ityqvuxf45)/index.aspx What do you think...biased propaganda or inside information about FS2006?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
twistedsucker

Joystick Question

Hopefully soon I will be getting the Logitech® Freedom™ 2.4 Cordless Joystick and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on this joystick or comments that they would like to share. I've so far heard that its a spectacular joystick. I'm getting it for o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
twistedsucker on
Bartholomew

It's me with the attitude again ...

I'm very sorry because I have posted a very similar topic about attitudes before. I kind of wasn't worried any more when you answered me, about not flying 747-400 properly, but then I paid attention to the same thing again. I have seen a couple of mo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
ROHAWK

AFCAD problems

Hi, I've started creating my own fictional airports from scratch on AFCAD. The last two airports that I have created had more than two runways on it in the AFCAD program, BUT when I run Flight sim only two runways show up. I dont get it because all ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
megafoot

Help with Aircraft CFG files

I downloaded this A380 from this site and it looks really cool 🙂 Everything about it is spot-on except the sound! the sound that came with it is that of a beechcraft (i think) its sorta wierd toolin down the taxiway in a behemoth that is casting s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
freedspeak

Radio text display

Was wondering if it would be possible to not have the text display for radio chatter not directed at me....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
freedspeak on
CP16

Database

Hi somebody can tell me where can I find the pmdg and atr eurowings database for FCU with SID and STARS? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CP16 on
tomthetank

TTT is back

TTT is back 😀 We flew from Bristol Airport,and boy has that place changed New terminal building(well its new to me :oops: ) Great views of the apron from the departure lounge(bar :oops: ) 5 Easyjet 737s,1 Airlingus A320,1 Flybe,and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
crosscheck9

Teamspeak

Can someone please explain what Teamspeak is to me. I think that it is a program that allows you to actually talk to people while flying. I'm not sure of the conept. Also, can you tell me where to download it. www.teamspeak.org didn't work for some re...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
n287s

X-15 Problem

I've had an X-15 for a while now and I forget who it's by and where i got it. But i just took it out to fly and it has a problem. It sinks into the ground alot on landing and just when i start the flight. is there any way to fix this? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
rifty

Stalling when climbing to cruise on autopilot

I am having a problem with every type of multi-enjine jet aircraft on climb to cruise altitude under autopilot. It happens with add-on as well as in-built, so I am assuming I am doing something wrong - advice welcome. On climb out I set alt hold to the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rifty on
Chris102

KJFK Arrestor Bed

I read in the May/June issue of Airliners magazine that at KJFK there is an arrestor bed at the end of the runway to slow down planes that don't clear the runway. Is there an addon for FS with this feature?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KurtPStevens on
SamIntel

panel design

Is there a free program that I can get to design panels? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
BoschBosch

why is it taking me so long to reach places??

Hi, I hope someone might be able to help. I am running FS2004 on Windows XP and it seems to take me ages to reach destinations...a good hour or even two hours longer than it should. I am certain its not how I am flying my 747-400, as I am flying at ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
mypilot

[ Poll ] real-world pilot

I know I've made this post before but we have alot more members now....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Jared

Feel There PIC ERJ

Hello once again. I am considering on getting the Feel There PIC ERJ 145 off of www.feelthere.com when i pay for the plane and all. do i get it in a downloadable format off of feelthere.com or do they send me a CD. Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
horrgakx

Whats wrong with MegaScenery??

I've had it working fine. I bought an original FS Global pack (global terrain) and now my MegaScenery looks like this! I thought that reinstalling MegaScenery would cure it but obviously not! Any ideas? Dave...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
Sunsfan

Please Help

Im kinda a newb to FS. For some reason there is no Cotrol Tower talk at all in my game. i ve tried all game types, checked settings etc. nothing works. also i cant control my aircraft on the ground, i cant turn it at all until im in the air. im using a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
nottobe

active camera?

i just bought a cessna conquest 441 from flight1, but donno how to walk close and sneak inside to take a peep at the bueatiful cabin......somebody here talked about using active camera to wander around the cabin, i cant find this utility, somebody give a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
BradSweet

Window With Instruments Only

Hi, I'd like to create two windows in FS2004, one with the out the window view, and one with instruments only (no visual scene). I've played with the various view options, but can't seem to make it happen. How can I do this? Thanks for any he...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
nottobe

AUTOGEN responsible for more buildings and trees on ground?

thats what i thought............

Answers
Views
Last answer by
twistedsucker on
ranald

Video host

I dont want to use www.yousendit.com to host my videos becouse they only host it for 7 days.Could you tell me were I can find someone to host my vids but also be able to upload them with speed? Thanks for any help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on
nottobe

now i know why the damn things always stutters

looks like my ATI 9800 has stopped rendering the texture. so what is supposed to be done by the video card is now the burden of the CPU. in other words, the CPU is doing software rendering for the video card, thats why the CPU is overloaded and display is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
keyman64

engine starting

hello , i may be doing something totally wrong, but when i start the engines of some addons, i find that when i use the joystick or keyboard throttle only one of the engines respond. if i start the planes with engines running everything works fine.i hop...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
keyman64 on
ranald

Omega Drivers

I have heard omega drivers give better FPS is this true? I tried d/loading them for my card but they are older than my current Nvidia drivers will this just decrease my FPS?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on
Bartholomew

JAT

I bet you think I didn't spell the word "jet" properly, but I'm talking about something else - JAT Jugoslovenski Aero Transport (or in English - Yugoslav Airline Transport). I was wondering if you'd ever even heard of that Airline company and if there...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bartholomew on
ad123456789

Instrument Approach questions

Ive been flying alot of instrument approaches recently, mainly on 777 and Bae146 and i was wondering if any real pilots out there could answer a few questions that have occured to me.. Firstly, is it normal drill to kill the autopilot as you cross over...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
nottobe

shortcut button to open flight map

I am happy with the sim plane cessna conquest 441 by flight one. but there is no shortcut button to open the flight map. i wonder if they forgot this or just there is a hidden way to pull it out. this map feature is quite handy when you are given the ILS ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on

Improved Trees in FS-Tree 2004 Freeware

I downloaded and installed FS-Trees 2004 freeware and I'm pretty impressed! It dresses up FS9 plus I dn't see a change in frame rates, so you may want to give it a look. Don't be put off by the fact that the web site isn't in English--there are screen sho...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
SamIntel

Amazing aerobatics video

"This is the most spectacular demostration of aerobatics you'll ever witness, real or simulated." Go to: http://www.simradar.com/Feature/3145/VFTC_Aerobatics.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on
freedspeak

Can the gauges folder get overcrowded?

When I delete an aircraft I would imagine the gauges for said aircraft would remain in the main FS9 gauges folder. Can this folder become overloaded with needless information? Is there any way to clean out unused gauges?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on
ranald

Monitor

I have a extra 14inch monitor just sitting in my room and I thought it would be a good idea if I make my g/card run 2 monitors.A few qustions 1.How do I do this? 2.will I have to run my LCD 17inch monitor at the same resolution as the 14inch? 3.W...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on

Fs2004 addons

There are quite a few addons for fs2004 now and I'm looking to buy one. Which addons would you guys regard as the best or most essential to getting a better flight sim expierience? At the moment I've got an addon which gives vfr photographic scenery for W...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
JVD

Dubai shot.

Where did this guy get that AI Antanov and new colours for the Lufthansa 747 ❓ Here's the pic. Just look at the terminal and you'll see what I'm talking about. Sorry I don't know how to resize it. https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/image...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
Bartholomew

first officer

How many posts must I have to become the first officer?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bartholomew on
megafoot

MEGAFOOT'S MOVIES: New post: Gone Fishin

its easier if i just make a thread that I can refer back to every time i send a movie up to tradebit for y'all to see (and hopefully not hate) http://megafoot.tradebit.com/files.php/2001 they are kinda big movie files but hey... they dont call m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
megafoot on
wullie60

First Flight without error.

I flew from Dyce to RAF Leuchars in a Cessna. Never overshot the runway and flight was smoother than a pint of heavy :O) now i jus need to work on landing jets....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
jimimac

fs2004 and matrox parhelia 128mb card

anyone using the matrox parhelia 128 card with fs2004 with three monitors i would like some advice on whether its any good thanks, jimimac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
PierreL

Some airports kick out

There are some airports which cause FS to error out. Ascencion Islands is one, but also several near Saint-Maarten, St-Barth, etc. Actually if I fly from Martinique all is OK until I close in to these Caribean islands and then FS packs off. Any clue? Th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
PierreL

Autogen trees end of runway

I think I saw less than two months ago a post regarding trees at the end of runways that can be eliminated by some editing in some cfg file. Does that ring a bell? Thanks, Pierre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PierreL on
ranald

Good smoke effects

Were can I find a d/load that will give me good smoke effects on touch down and water spray when the aircraft T/O or lands on a wet runway?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sylvan

Smooth AI

A small proggy that helps with all the arrival clogging at busy airports. Downloaded it a few day's ago and gave it a whizz. Seems to work OK as it drastically reduces the go-arounds that your AI do. Here's the discription "AISmooth will monitor ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BashDaBish on
Page 80 of 111