Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

FHeselton

Flight Plan Glitch

The other day I created a flight plan from Winchester Regional Airport Virginia (KOKV) to Salisbury-Ocean City Wacomic Maryland (KSBY) and received an error stating that the associated flight plan was not present when I started to fly. After investigatio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FHeselton on
Blake14

live atc

Hey, I just found a website where you can listen to live ATC. It is really awesome! You should check it out at http://atcmonitor.com/. If you wait 30 seconds +- u also get the radar screen....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
atlantis045

Game keeps locking up or just slow not sure please help

Hi I own Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and i'm having problems with it. When I run MF2004 it seems to run fast and it also locks up, and I don't know what is going on. I know its slow booting up but when I start flying it seems to be fine but after a w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
megafoot on
Matahautahi

More realism

Hey... I played FS2004, and it s so far the best simulator ever. I want to know if the creators of the next FS, are going to include the new Boeing version, as well as the giant Airbus A380 ? Also, when the sun goes trough the cockpit, a bit of sha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
bpater01

No Cd Crack malfunction

I can not get a crack to work for my MSFS 2004. If i try to open with the normal Icon it will deny me and ask for disk 4. The crack is in the same file. If i click on the crack and gives an error saying its missing a file. but, the file is in there. s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FHeselton on
tlrma

Missing Sound.dll file after install

After installing FS9, I got an error message saying that the sound.dll file was missing from the 'modules' folder. I tried re-installing and got the same message. I can't get past the message so I haven't been able to run the program Can I just get a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CP16

CAT I,II,III...

Hi! Somebody could tell me where can I find a tutorial in which the CAT I, CAT II, CAT III…… are explained? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
Guest Ed

Columbia River Tour

Well, after crashing 747s from coast to coast, I decided it was time for something a little more manageable. I'm at the age where I know what are my talents, and what are my limitations, and now I realize that some people just aren't cut out to be 747 pi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
megafoot

Active Camera 2004 question

Is there a way to smooth up the mouse movement in active camera? every time i try to pan or zoom the smoothness of the transition goes right out the window. I have seen some videos that have really smooth movements (kinda like a steady-cam. I would really...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
megafoot on
egcc14

air europe/europa downloads

Hi all does anyone know where i can download a 737 air europe or europa with the old colour scheme for fs 2002/4. thanks dave...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
FL050

Aircraft Vortices...

Does anyone know how to make your aircraft show the white contrails when you are coming in for landing or flaring? I have downloaded some planes where they had this and was just wondering if anyone knew how to add it manually....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
CP16

Turns at Cruise Level

hi Somebody can explain me, with details, why when we are in the aircraft at the cruise level, and the aircraft turns, we don’t felt that. I know it’s that the reason is related to the G force or something likes that, but I would like to get somethi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Habu on
capt-john

Problems with atis

I fly out of Brisbane (YBBN) and when ever i fly north through Maroochydore (YBMC) the ATIS automatically starts rambling on its information and i am unable to stop it and cause me a problem with ATC as they cant communicate with me and i cant reply. afte...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Baron-o--0--o-

All drives updated, DX9, but display is horrible!

Hello my fellow dreamers... I have 576RAM, plenty of HD space, DirectX 9 (the latest) and my video card is Nvidia Geforce4 mx 4000 (128mb). Goes without saying that I meet the requirements, even though its not outstanding. Before anybody suggests it, I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Baron-o--0--o- on
Jyhockey113

FS06

In flight Simulator 2006 i would like the game look real!! like people in the airplane,people in the airport,we can drive cars ( we can get out of the airplane and walk around) , have a family, have our own house, drive cars, have real roads and pilot if ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Billyj

Where are the ATC files?

I downloaded this ATC program, but it messed up the files, now I cannot hear what the tower is telling me. I tried reinstalling FS04, but nothing changed. Where can I find these files?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Boeing boeing bong!!!

Responding to ATC via the keyboard

It's getting increasingly frustrating for me to keep pressing 1,2,3,4 on the keyboard to acknowledge ATC and at the same time struggling with flying the aircraft. Is there a simpler way to acknowledge the ATC options. Cheers mates...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
SamIntel

SMO VOR Approach

Anyone know where I can get an SMO VOR Approach plate? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on
mypilot

[ Poll ] Mega Scenery

I am thinking about getting "Mega Scenery" What do you think about it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
redjay

What Is The Point Of VOR?

For the six months that I have owned FS9 I have mainly been doing instrument flights into major airports with small jets. This has involved making a flightplan, using autopilot when at cruise level to follow the plan, then getting vectors from ATC. Natura...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
megafoot on

MD-80 Flight Manual

Does anyone know where I can find a free copy of a MD-80/81/82 Flight Operations Manual or Systems Manual? Any ideas?? Thanks!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
kevin2003

Cold,dark cockpit start...

Dear Fellow Simmers, I was wondering whether there might be a simple mod that can be made,perhaps to the FS9 cfg, to ensure that all loaded flights begin with a cold,dark cockpit? If not, is there a utility available that might do the job? regards ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kevin2003 on
figgi

Default FS traffic

How do i get rid of the default FS traffic? Felix...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fredericia01 on
Elkinallen

ATC chatter

Where can I download atc chatter? I have FDC and I would like to add these atc chatter files. any help on this?! ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
crosscheck9

ISSUES WITH MOONEY

hello everyone, I'm having a few issues with the Mooney, as you probably know from the subject.. Everytime I fly, it only burns fuel from the left, and so when I disengage the autopilot for landing, the plane constantly veers to the right. How...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Insight

Funny Airport radio exchanges

Dunno how true these are but hey: Highlighted one that had me crying A Pan Am 727 flight waiting for start clearance in Munich overheard the following: Lufthansa (in German): "Ground, what is our start clearance time?" Ground (in English): "If...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Barge on
mrkonk

Fps

How do you check the Fps. Radarman tod me to press ctrl z , all that did is put on auto pilot. Thank...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mrkonk on
STAR ALLIANCE

help would be appreciated

Hello everyone, I'm a newby to fs9. I used to fly fs2000, but I found it too difficult. The other day, as I was browsing around the best-buy, I found fs9 and decided to give it another shot. Anyways, I'm familiar with all of the planes, but ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
chuckabob

Tutorials for GPS & Autopilot

Does anyone know of any good detailed tutorials on GPS & Autopilot?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
mypilot

fs9 update

My cousin installed the 9.1 update for me last month (before I started downloading aircraft) but with the recent incicdence with the virus it got erased. If I install the update, will that effect my files (scenery, aircraft, etc.) ? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
davec

TTT - Dragons

Got back late last night - saw your request - yes, I can do dragons - will be back to you with Airbus suggested repaint. Addendum - 12.30am You are lucky today - it's p-ing a rain so I can't get out to do the 100 things that I should be doing in the ga...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
F1FERRARI

24 hour ip address for multiplayer plwease thanks

hi its me again Kavan "f1ferrari" you asked me for some screen shots of the lancaster well im doing that right now im trying to land with only 1 engine on when i do that ill screen shot it for you and others that im doing... please please please i n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
F1FERRARI on
Jive1

Select Aircraft Menu FS2004

Hey! Is there anybody who can tell me how one can make "all" aircraft visible in the "Select Aircraft" menu of FS2004, inclusive the AI-aircraft, of which most addon ones are invisible in that menu... I guess there must be a special line in eighter airc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
Jared

Flight 1 ATR-72

How the airplane. Is it good. Good details?? Realistic?? Also how many and what liveries come with it?? Thanks a lot...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KurtPStevens on
nottobe

ILS landing almost a success!

My first time to land a Mooney down on 22L at JFK with ILS. Felt great..... But I didn't know when to turn off the AP.... I kept AP on until touch down after a couple times of bouncing back in air, almost trashed the gears. What is the best way to touch ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Barge on

Editing FS Flight Plans

Does anyone know how to edit the IFR high alititude route in FS2004 flight plans? I am looking to insert specific navaids along the route to fly SID/STARS. Any ideas?? Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
alphaone

Help. Crashing when scrolling on kneeboard

Hey ya'll. I just picked fs2k4 up again and started playing it after setting it down for a long time (lots of stuff to do). Anyway... I'm having some really weird problems. I think they must have something to do with the Explorer underpinnings of fs2k4...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Scotty wilhelm

1930 gee bee and classic racers

i was wondering if anyone could help me, i am looking for a fs2004 gee bee racer (1930) or any other period pylon racers as FREEWARE, i have tried abacus and "gbr2v3" to no avail, please help this bewildered fsimmer, cheers scotty wilhelm 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davec on
FL050

Finding the SIDs...?

I just had a question on how to find the SID for the runway you are taking off on. I know programs like FSNavigator will find the SIDs and the routes you need, as well as set you up on the right STAR for your destination. But, if you don't have it, ho...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
myers62

PLane keeps turning right

hello anybody can help me out on this one. my plane on the ground keeps turning to the right. have no cule to fixe it everything was working fine before renstalled flight simualor 2004 still haveing same problem. My joystick is Saitek evo running win xp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
myers62 on
kittyhawk63

Download help!

:cry: I have just spent 8 1/2 hours downloading an aircraft file only to get 99% finished and having the file close and zip itself. I can not open it. A popup tells me the file is either invalid or corrupt. Do you know of anyway to reopen the file and h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jared

PMDG Load manager

My load manager doesnt work. for the 737NG. i click save, then it says ERROR SAVING AIRCRAFT STATIONS LOADS. i have FS9 running . HELP...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on

FSUIPC Reverse Thrust

Does anyone know if it is possible to program a key press to reverse the axis control of the throttles on the CH Throttle Quadrant? I know they have the detent feature for reverse thrust, but I don't particularily care for that as it inadvertantly pu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Guest Ed

A B2 bomber came to lunch

. . . so my friends and I are sitting at a table outside the cafeteria today, enjoying the beautiful California spring weather, and we hear a jet overhead. Darryl, the only reasonably intelligent (and observant) one in the group, says "Wow, look at that!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
nottobe

different accents in ATC would be fun

I hope in FS2006, they can make different accents for the pilots from the different parts of the world. Asian pilots, middle eastern pilots, european pilots, south american pilots, or even african pilots, all talk like the Americans? No way....... we nee...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
swanno30

Shortcut for the Map?

Hi, I've just got a new plane to fly, the Cessna Conquest. It's very good, however, it doesn't have the shortcut buttons on the main panel (the ones for map, gps, radio stack, throttle quadrant etc etc), it has little icons in the left hand side of the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
swanno30 on
JVD

Air Mauritius

Howzit I'm not very good with repainting so I'd just like to ask if any one could please make and Air Mauritius livery for a 777 and an A330 . I need this to be done so i can hand it in at the Air Mauritius Operations.The reason why is because I'll ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davec on
danicgross

ILS help!

Hi-- Can someone give me some basic help on ILS, entering it on the radio, getting autopilot to work with it, meaning line me up on the runway, and started to decend (and land) Thanks, danicgross...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
SamIntel

Sound problem

I am trying to use the Opensky 757-200 with NWA textures and when ever I try to fly it the sound is not a jet, it sounds like some prop plane. Like mabe a B-25, I'm not sure. Please help. 😞 ❗ ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
flyer152

Cockpit building

Hi dose any know anything about cockpit bilding. With multiple monitors and 2 computers, any software (using FS2004) and hardware required, (eg instrument panel screens, radio screens and linking the PCs) Any help will be appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Page 83 of 111