Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Andy2005

Fs2004 flight instructions

I find that some of the instructions in flight simulator 2004's flight notes don't don't always make sense or are contradicting. For example, in the 737 flight notes it says set power to 90 percent n1 and pitch up to 6/7 degrees to climb at 250kts. Howeve...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Andy2005 on
Dragon76

Sound Problems

Hi, I have Problems with the sound of the engines, you can hear the wind but there is no engine sound by all airplanes. Is there something wrong with config. file or what do you think?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Bartholomew

Creating waypoints.

Instead of making your route a straight line in the flight planner you can create some waypoints on departure or arrival (or in the middle), but when you fly an IFR flight and create a few waypints near the arrival airport, you will skip them if listening...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bartholomew on
marcusflight

ADF2MOD.DLL

Hello, I have installed some new airplanes. I tought that i've done everything right but now i have the message : flight simulator has detected potentially incompatible aircraft or software : ADF2MOD.DLL do you want to load this software, click yes/no...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Habu

Stereo Sounds

Does antone remember FS 95 ? I remember downloading a Stereo Sound package that made a world of difference. Is there any great stereo sounds to replace the stock sounds of 2004? Thnx, rob...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Habu on
puma2212

AGP 8x/4x work on pci slot????

is anybody knows if a ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics 256MB AGP 8x/4x would fit in a dell 2400 dimension with a pci slot??????? please im in pain cause i just bought one....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BashDaBish on
n287s

Real Aviation: F-18 Disappearance

any opinions on the two F-18s that went missing in Iraq?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
JVD

Instant replay or video

When I watch an instant replay there is no traffic . Is there any way for my instant replays to show traffic ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
JVD

Red Text.

I've got a question concerning my next video.When ever I use the slew mode some red text pops up on top of the screen, can I get rid of this ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
JVD

Another Video.

I thought you may like to watch an excellent video that I found. It's from Virtual Air Canada. To display the video in full screen mode you need to right click over the video,click on zoom and then choose fullscreen mode. IT isn't a download. Virtu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
tricky2070

Hmmm

I refuse to believe this is real? what do you guys think? http://www.big-boys.com/articles/landbad.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tricky2070 on
twistedsucker

View rotation and virtual cockpit

Is there any way to do the view rotation on the keyboard, alternate to rotating the HAT on the joystick. I don't have a joystick, and I doubt I'd be getting one soon. Anyway can somone please help me, I really need help with this. thanks to anyone who hel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gentleman initiate on
freedspeak

My marina water is the wrong color

Installed the California Central coast scenery. In my Santa Barbara harbor the marina looks great with all the boats and slips but the water is the wrong color. It's dark green which sharply contrasts the rest of the water in the ocean. Is there any way t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
megafoot

Video Delemma

I have been making some rather large video files of my FS9 Adventures and they really look great! Now what do i do with them? :oops: My ISP has given me enough webspace for 1 of my smallest videos (24.33 megs) the big ones are 70-100 megs each. (...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
megafoot on

Using GPS with Autopilot

Hi there Im VERY new to Flight Simulator (2004) and my biggest problem is getting lost flying between waypoints and airports. I've now got a pretty good idea of the GPS system so it shows me my flight path. The problem is that Im still really flying ma...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
megafoot on
Elkinallen

Airliner pilot, I have it now Q's???

I got airliner pilot in the mail. I am installing it. Anyone have any Q's about it?!?! 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
AndyRCNextGen

Autopilot Landing- please help!!!

Hey, I need someones help...I have been trying to land MS FS 2004's Boeing 747-400 using the autopilot all day now and I just can't do it. I am following the instructions in the strategy guide (which uses a learjet as the example but i presume is the same...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
tomthetank

Movies

😀 Watching all these fantastic movies has made me put my directors hat on So I present to you today my latest blockbuster Sit back,grab the popcorn and enjoy 1 1/2 hours of flying fun ➡ Only joking :rofl: its on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Pua

certificates

Hello everyone!!. ive been playing this game for about 2 years and its my first time to receive a certificates, I passed the private pilot checkride then the time that was the certificate is posted on my screen there was a 2 icon saying save and close. I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Barge on
Jared

Piper Cherokee

Hello. Last year i was on a Piper Cherokee PA-28-140. And i love that aircraft that i was on. But I was wondering what are the differences between the 140 series and the 180F series. I would like to know this because i wanted to get the Flight 1 Piper Che...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
_-Rex-_

Error Innstalling Flight sim 2004

While innstalling, when 37% in cd2 has been innstalled it stops and this error message apperars : "Microsoft Flight Simluator 2004 encountered a disk error while writing to the file D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Sound\USEnglishB...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bartholomew on

My FS2006 wishlist

To the Microsoft Flight Simulator Masters at Redmond, this is my personal wishlist for FS2006: - realistic aircraft line-up on runway approaches, real feeding, no more two or more aircraft in a distance of 300 feet to make most of them go around - ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
IFC2005

Interantional Flightsim Convention 2005

The International flightsim Convention is the ultimate weekend on the Flightsim calendar over 106 purpose biult stands all set in 22,000 sqaure foot convention centre, you will be amazed at what companies from around the world are exhibiting this year, th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
JVD

Oooh Aahhhhhh

Today I met someone who explained to me that his grandfather was shot down in a spitfire by a BF109 during the middle of the WWII. He said that when his grandfather ejected, his one ball got wedged inbetween the mirror on top of the spitfire. After gettin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
tomthetank

Trail version of Fraps

Ok frapetts You have the program,and you think that 30secs of recording time is not enough................................................ well think again This video is made up of short clips,some only a couple of seconds others 10 or 20 seconds I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
twistedsucker

Is the performance completely depending on RAM?

I have 512mb of RAM, but the game still lags and the performance is sometime quite choppy. I have a bad video card (Nvidia GeForce 5200) and I was wondering if it was the vid card that actually made the performance of the game unreasonable. And when I mea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n287s on
swanno30

A380 Maiden Flight Video

Link to a video of the maiden flight made this morning from Toulouse. Good ol' BBC!!! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4488361.stm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
nottobe

air speed inconsistant with the speed indicator

on Learjet (its the only jet I have ever flown in the sim), the speed indicator only shows half of the actual speed. say, when i fly 0.75 Mach, which is about 510 knots displayed on the GPS, but the speed indicator only shows 227. what is this figure? act...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
mypilot

burmuda triangle

What's the deal with the Burmuda Triangle? I keep hearing that vessels and aircraft keep dissapearing near it. Whhat's up with that?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
Chris102

Pennsylvania Scenery

Is there a MegaScenery for Pennsylvania? The NY scenery only covers NY, CT, and NJ....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
The-GPS-Kid

The GPS Kid is back from India!

Hi all, Just a quick one to say HI to everyone - I missed the site while being in India for 11 days! Had some hairy moments in Mumbai on the way home but they are for another day. Here's a quick rundown of the flying that was involved ;- 19th ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Hi-Flyer on
hawkerhurrican5

This is pathetic

I just purchased flight deck lll and flight simulator 2004 just so I could play it. I get home and install flight sim 04 and fly around for a little bit and everything is great. I install flight deck lll and wouldn't you know it, when I try to run flight ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Skymuncher on
freedspeak

How hard is it to install new video card?

Thinking about upgrading my computer. Two things. Better graphics card and more ram. Would like to do the work myself. Dont know a thing about dos screens or building a computer. Can a techno numbskull like me pull it off? I know my mother board (Gigab...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
nottobe

what does FD (flight director) do as opposed to AP?

and a button REV on the nav radio? what is the use of BC (back course holder)? thanx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
crosscheck9

single engine taxi

Hello Everyone, It's been a while but as some of you know, I finally got a new computer, and I'm back in the sky. Now back to the questions eh? Well, as far as I've heard, most aircraft taxi with one engine. How is that possible. The aircraft ke...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ZOTAN on

Real pilot..

HI some time ago, playing futbol I did break a timpanum .The Dr. said that it was not serius and that the only consequence that would remain will be a tiny scar, and that the audition should not be affected at all .There is some real pilot that really ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
Chris102

Email from Microsoft

Did anyone else get this email? I just found it in my inbox. Hi Greetings from the Flight Simulator team: Thank you for your interest in the Flight Simulator 2004 Survey Study. This email is simply to keep you updated on the status of th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on
firebird

Active Camera ?

does anyone konw where I could find a free active camera download 😂 for free ? I Have looked absolutely everywhere !...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
nottobe

add-ons drag down performance?

I am interested in quite a few flight1.com scenery and environmental add-ons, but I don't want to see a stuttering screen after spending all the money. Anybody have the experience? my PC is 3 GHz P4, 1.5GB Kingston 400MHz SDDR, Intel MB, ATI 9800 pro....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
megafoot on
freedspeak

lock ups

Am having a problem with lockups. The sim will freeze and there is no way out except hitting the reset button on my computer. Was told it could be a heat problem. Tried taking off the side cover for more airflow ... still happens. Sometimes I can fly f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
FL050

Seeing Other People's Planes/Skins...

I've heard FSInn allows you to see people's actual plane and livery when you are on VATSIM. For those of you that don't know, it usually shows 3 different skins from the basic FS install. Can anyone confirm that FSInn actually does this, or a way to v...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
baron-o--0--o-

ERJ 170 - Sound add-on - no sound in cockpit view

Hello all, I just downloaded the sound add-on for the ERJ 170 by Albert, from Dreamwings. I have the ERJ 170 v3, but I have no sound at all in cockpit view, or vc view, altough i have perfect sound in outside view and by tower. Please help me, as I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

FS9.CFG

I have heard that renaming your FS9.CFG file and allowing fs2004 to rebuild a new one can help the stability of fs2004. Are there benefits to this? Where do you find the fs9.cfg file??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
MRGPS!

Jet Airways/Victor airways

How can you get the details of the J and V airways from fs9 flight planner. Without GPS, how can you fly airways if you do not know what defines them. The intersections.waypoints are not defined in Fs9. How did microsoft expect we GPS haters to fly ou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on

~e5d141.tmp

I think that I have found the problem regarding poor fps... When fs2004 is running, there is an additional process running along side it called ~e5d141.tmp. When I try to shut down this process in task manager, fs2004 automatically and immediately shu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mrkonk on
Geoffos

Moving around the cabin

Guys, I've noticed in some screenshots that the 'camera' position is set in between the seats in a cockpit and also in reviews for aircraft addons, reviewers talk about what level of detail there is in the cabin area of a 'plane. Have you seen the scre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Geoffos on
i dont know

How do you take pictures of fs during flight?

How do you take pictures of fs during flight? What programs or add ons can you use?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
BriaN2

VA Website Template?

Anyone know where I can get a free, but good lookin website template that would go good with a Virtual Airline? I have money, but I dont want to pay for one. If anyone knows of any, let me know plz. Thanks! BriaN...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Pod Boy

The pods under the wings

I have a long running argument with a person about the 'pod' looking things under the wings of the A380 (and other commercial jets). What i am talking about are the 5 or so 'pod' looking things that sit under each wing. I suspect that they encase hydrauli...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pod Boy on
Bugsey

Landing Practice with Slew Mode

I have no problem taking off, but I am terrible at landing.Is there a way short of using slew mode to practice my landing,without circuits and bumps. Incidentally, I loaded Wings of Power to my fs2004 as an addon, and I am well pleased with it. the graph...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
Page 82 of 111