Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

marcopolo40205

Help w/fs2004 crashes

OK, I am at a total loss. Tried FS2004 on TWO laptops and it works (and crashes) identically on both. I get the main menu, all the flying lessons work fine, including solo take off and landings but if I click on Fly-now! from the "Create a flight" menu,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
flyer152

Keyboard emulator

can anyone say what sort of keyboard emulator to get. Are they available in the UK, i can only find them in the USA (Import charges). i was looking at the KE72 emulator. hope you can help, thanks Andrew...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
The-GPS-Kid

WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER

Hi All, I have finally gotten FRAPS to work on my PC (all thanks to TTT 😂 ) but ..... OH NO! ...... I don't have Windows Movie Maker on mt PC :cry: Can anyone recommend a cheap Internet outlet in Europe (pref UK) where I can get a copy fo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Paiute

Long Overwater Flights

Some of you out there make Transatlantic flights, and other long distance flights over water. I was just wondering how you sustain your interest in the flight for that length of time. You look down from your aircraft and there is nothing but water down ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
twistedsucker on
RCNextGen

Whats in the pilot's wheelie bag??

Hey, I am a mad flight sim fan and was just wondering I see a lot of pilots with their little wheelie bags that they drag around with them and take on board into the cockpit...does anybody have any ideas what the pilots actually carry in them?? I would...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DonWood on
nottobe

an Ultimate Traffic question

I remember after my first installation of UT I was so delighted to see all the airports are equipped with boarding decks (is this what you call? cant think of the name on top of my head), and all kinds of maintenance vehicles. but something happened, so i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
tomthetank

TTT has left the building

Well its time for old https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/6262/ttt-has-left-building_245afe003b77ced93b509b822c51420d.jpg to go and recharge the batteries in his old knees and get some much needed R + R Im off to the sunny (I hope)Alga...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
COLINR on
Vin4evr

Landing Gear

hey All, When is a good time to extend the landing gear according to FAA rules for landing?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
Blake14

Flight schools

Hi, I'm 15, I live in the US (Georgia), and I really want to start flying. First I wanted to know if i could start flying at my age. Also, I've been doing some research for flight schools, but I really want to hear about people who have actually taken le...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Blake14 on
twistedsucker

Best freeware ATR?

Can some please send a link to the best or one of the best free ATR models you can find? I really need one, I haven't still seemed to have qualified to completely fly the boeings yet so I need practice with some smaller planes. Thanks to anyone who helps....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
twistedsucker on
Albert Fuentes

Charging for my AIRPLANES

Hi, why???? I found that at this site you must pay to download files. Incredible, there are million of other site that do not charge!!!!!!!!!!!, such us SURCLARO. And what this site says about membership at Surclaro is real, they charge 18 Dolars a year...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
mypilot

Cookies?

I've heard people talk about "cookies" what are these things? Are they good or bad? 😕 ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on

lining up, with autopilot, how?

The nav hold button doesn't follow the course you set in on the nav. window, that follows your gps/laid in course, which is a bit confusing, which is different usually to the runways direction so you can be pointing at the airport, but not at the runway. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
davec

PM system bug??? Radarman

Have been trying to get a PM to you since 8.30 this a.m.The flyaway email system seems to be down too. Anyone else getting this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
Wile E Coyote

Weired problem with the auto-throttle

This problem has never occurred in Flight Simulator 2002. I have my 737 in cruise altitude with all the autopilot features I need turned on: altitude hold, nav hold, yaw dumper and airspeed hold (auto-throttle). When I fly with the autopilot I change t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Shatterer

Pitch problem

I have a major problem with the pitch, where at default, my plane always pitches up when my joystick is centered. So I adjust the pitch trim a little bit, but it's very difficult to find the perfect spot on the pitch trim where my airplane will fly nice a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
subodh_subu

Positioning Aircarft on Aproach with FS2004

Hi, how do i Positioning Aircarft on Aproach with FS2004, to practise landings thanks Subodh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
puma2212

new card

anyway still me with lots of problem.....story of my life....... got new card and this time it.s a xfx nividia geforce 5200 128 pci...i got that right this time,,,,,,,, but,,,,,,, put it in its fit ....the only thing its up side down and don't work...i f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
br3ek

it worked..but i don't know how to play it

well..ha...guys can u help me doing things like..everything? 😕 i just know how to start the engines...after that is a chaos 😞 hope u can help me...thanks 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
chuckabob

Chase plane view mode - 747

Has anyone else experienced this: In chase plane view screen of the original 747 that comes with FS2004, the plane is very distorted - like super stretched in every direction. It started happening, then stopped after I flew another plane, then came back a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
wullie60

Overshooting Runway

After going through the basics i managed to fly my first full flight from Glasgow to Faro, using autopilot for the lull in the middle. 😂 😂 BUt my problem is this. in any jet aircraft i have a habit of overshooting the runway. th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Oberkomando

WWII German Aircraft Development

First reaction engine......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
megafoot on
warwick30

FS9 ATC Sound "stammer"

Hi. I have developed a problem with the ATC sound. I get stammering or stuttering (can't think of a better description) in some point in some of the transmissions - not all. I have changed the DirectX sound controls from no hardware acceleration all the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
The-GPS-Kid

Performing the FLARE

Hi All, Was just wondering if most of you perform your landing FLARE purely by gently pulling back on the Control Column ? I've always done this but I saw in one of my real life Aviation DVDs that the pilot was using the TRIM button on his Yoke to a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Blake14 on
Jared

Piper Cherokee 180F by Carenado

Piper Cherokee 180F by Carenado. Is it good or bad. Could someone give me some feedback if you own it. Thanks for the help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Skymuncher on
megafoot

Aeronautical jokes

I got this from: http://isaacrtree.tripod.com/aeronautical_jokes.htm F-111 Chicken: Crosses the eight-lane highway both ways! F/A-18E Chicken: Crosses the road ahead of schedule and with less cost than expected TSR.2 Chicken: It tried hard t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FighterJock on
Brad Sweet

Multiscreen in Kiosk Mode?

Hi, Is it possible to use multiple screens in FS 2004 kiosk mode? On the first flight, I can manually set up multiple screens okay. However, when time's up and FS cycles back to the kiosk screen, subsequent flight selections cause the additional W...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Brad Sweet on
belcus

Screen Flickering with Active Camera

Hi all, After my problem of brakes, I got another one with my Active Camera that I would like you to help me. When I click on the Active Camera option "use mouse as.... " the screen is frickling when the camera got too close with the aircarft. Can anybod...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
robbier

FS2006 When?

I was wondering, does anyone have any information on FS2006?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
robbierguest

United Virtual Airlines Exist?

hello, I was wondering if there is such thing as United Virtual Airlines? if so, please post a link to their site, as if there is such thing as united virtual airlines, i'd like to join....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
alanj7

Help with Settings FS 2004

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have very little knowlege of the many things that make up this site and about FS in general. I have FS2004 Century of Flight and before I changed my video card it seemed my graphics and everything was ok ( I am just "pla...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
DJ-DaN

PMDG 737NG FMC

Can someone on these forums put together a Tutorial for the FMC please and E-Mail me djdan43@gmail.com That way i can understand it 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DJ-DaN on
nottobe

vectored to establish ILS contact and circle to land?

everything is like normal ILS landing except for being additionally instructed to "circle to land, downwind left traffic"...... how do I flying taffic pattern while maintaining ILS localizer and GS? Is it a ususal ACT landing precedure?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ToroGuns on
twistedsucker

Anyone know any very good movie makers?

I mean apart from Windows Movie maker and flash, I was something better, with more options and one that keeps the same quality of the imported clip when editing and exporting. It can be payware or freeware, althought anything better would be payware. Can ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
twistedsucker on
JVD

I'm surprised

The other day when I flew down to Hong Kong I went to the cockpit to say hi to some pilots I know but the strange thing is that the one was practising for his landing at Chek Lap Kok while the other was racing their actual flight.They both had the PSS A34...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
belcus

parking brake not release

Dear all, Can anyone help me please. When I create a flight, the parking brake did not release. I tried evry thing on fs9 sttings/assignments/, I use a joystick (CH SIM YOKE, Pro pedals), I tried on the fsuipc setup options, etc. but nothing. Tx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
F5B

FS2004 startproblems

HELP I have installed FS2004 in WinXP, but it wont start. I just get an errormessage. I have installed FS91UPD but it does not help. Is there an update I have missed? Reg. BB...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
megafoot

What is the keyboard command for....

I dont see thrust reversers in any of the keyboard command assignments. Do they call it something else in Pilot jargon? Is there a key that is assigned to thrust reversers by default? i'm starting to do landings with the heavies and it is pucker factor ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
nottobe

why ATC has to cover the whole oceans?

i have not done cross ocean yet, but the learning center says the ATC covers the entire oceans, different from the real world. So for IFR cross-ocean, you pretty much have to sit there and listen to the ATC hand over, if you leave and dont respond, the IF...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
ranald

CPU

My dad wants to get a new CPU fan.I dont know anything about them so could please inform me on the makes and best deals.He is looking for something now more than £100-$160...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
rifty

Controls - Rudder Sensitivity - Tip

Having had weeks of frustration with an over-sensitive rudder, and finding no-where to correct it on my system ( I have an auto-configuring stick ) I finally discovered the control. On advanced joystick sensitivies, you can see aileron, elevator and th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
bballdude23

Where is aircraft carrier on FS 2004?

could someone please tell me where to find the aircraft carrier?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on

PLS OPEN need MSVCR70

i need the file MSVCR70.dll its normally found in C:\Windows\system 32\ please i you have it mail it to me my address is spawn112@hotmail.com thanx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
Bumbyter

Instant Replay

Is it posible to save an instant replay?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bumbyter on
SamIntel

FS9 quits

When ever I try to start FS the splash screen comes up, and then a message pops up that says "Microsoft Flight Simulator has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Then it kicks me off. 😞 Please Help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on
raceway40

Good Logbook Programs

Can anyone tell me if they know of any good logbook programs like fs flight tracker that basically logs everything....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Liono

FS9 failures

Does anyone really use it and if yes how have you got it set out ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
Bumbyter

AFCAD

ummmm....what does AFCAD stand for? Is there a glossary of abbreviations available? If not, there should be, it would certainly help noobies understand what people are talking about in the forums....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bumbyter on
n287s

freeware addons

anyone have any REALLY good freeware addons that arent from simviation or flyaway? if you could post links that'd be great. thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
nottobe

Jet engine rumble

i am always excited to hear the jet rumble whenever I go to the airport. I am not sure if you can hear this in SF2004 with a good soundcard. My sound card is an integrated one, never paid attention to sound quality before, and I dont hear any rumble from ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
Page 81 of 111