Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

crosscheck9

missing glideslope

hello all, I downloaded a panel with no glideslope...I looked for a fix but there isn't one. I've been waiting for the makers reply for a while now, and still, he hasn't gotten around to it. Is there a special glideslope download gauge out there....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
pdegraff

NAV/GPS switch missing...

I fly mostly General Aviation aircraft - Piper, Beech, Cessna and some oddballs. Admittedly I am a sucker for freebies and will try almost anything I see. HOWever I have lately noticed that many add-on aircraft, even though they may have a full radio st...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on
Jared

Captain Sim 757????

Awhile ago, i dont know where i heard that captain sim would be coming out with a 757. if true does anyone know when....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Skymuncher on
patw

Discovery Wings - King of Sim

Did anyone watch King of Sim last week What did you think of it? Anyone built them self a flight deck simulator or plan to? I did not know this but US and the UK have the biggest users of Ms Flight Sim....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
BashDaBish

How to use GPS?

Ok I have been using this fine sim for the past year and have slowly found my way around the cockpit. I am able to fly the heavies on IFR and make successful manual and APPR hold ILS landings. I use GPS for the basic routing, ground speed and distance ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
horrgakx

Flying to Brussels (real world)

Chaps, I want to look at flying to Brussels for a track day at Spa. How do I find a list or airlines that fly to Brussels from the UK (or even a specific airport from the UK?). I'm after the cheapest flight. Dave...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Blake14 on

only 1.8fps with reasonable spec machine

Hi, I have just installed FS2004 on my AMD64 3000 on a Asus KV8 512MB RAM FX5200 128MB Win XP SP2 I know its not a screaming fast PC and in particular the gfx card is a bit weak but cant beleive its only good for 1.8 fps and its really unresponsive...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
peco

graphics card

Please can someone tell me what is the best 256 mb graphics card for fs 2004 cof and also what is the cost and also it sometimes stutters when flying highly detailed downloaded aircraft i have 256 memory, 2.6 pentium 4 and 1.6gb hard drive is that enough ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
peco on
BashDaBish

Mid-Air refuelling?

Are there any addons (payware or freeware) that allow Mid-Air refuelling in FS2004? I have seen references to it on other aircraft downloads that suggest this is only possible with FS2002?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
peco on
mypilot

[ Poll ] night or day

Do you fly during the night or day? SamIntel and I were discussing it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on

How to SIMULATE and FLY a FLANE

Dear all - I am new at this FORUM but would like to know 1. What is the most simple and useful flight training program around and where can I get a copy to fit my computer (pentium 3 ) Now I have something else in mind also. A FLANE as envisoned by ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n3rf on
Guest Ed

OT-- Any musicians here?

I'm just curious-- mypilot and SamIntel both mentioned in a recent topic that they are trumpet players. I play bass guitar, strictly amateur, but it is something I enjoy very much. Any other musicians here? Ed...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
iannay

magnetic variation

I'm using FS04 coupled with Just flights VFR photographic scenery to help get me through my PPL training. Now I've started learning navigation and use a ARC-1 flight computer (whizz wheel or circular slide rule). I want to know if it is possible to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
cbaye

Autopilot gets flakey near end of flight

Ok, so you are 2 hours out of you home field on the way to some new and exotic local. :radar: You've read the star and decended to the correct altitude and airspeed (12,000ft 250kias) by the required waypoint and checked in with the approach controller ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cbaye on
Davidpcl1977

Walking around planes

I've been surfing round a few FS2004 sites tonight and I've found a number of pictures of the inside of aircraft cabins - does that mean it's possible to walk away around an aeroplane. If so that's really cool but how do you do it? thanks Dave C :...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ranald

Active Cam 2004

I have heard there is many bugs that come with like see through scenery is there anyone who has it and can teel me is it realy worth the money? Do I have to have FS9.1 to run it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on
Agus0404

Automated Weather Observation?

Hello fellow members! I am flying right now to Frankfurt, EDDF, and I just recived an Automated Weather Observation from GMSL. This is new to me. It's the first time I see this. It's exactly like a normal ATIS, but automated. I didn't change any freque...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
crosscheck9

I REALLY NEED SOME HELP...PLEASE :(

Hello all, I downloaded an MD-11 panel from http://acsoft.ch/Flight_Simulator/ACS-MD11-PANEL/acs-md11-panel.html ,...under the pictures of the PFD, there are two download selections. Select the one on the bottom for fs..When I installed it, I foun...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
eddie57

FS 9.0

hi can anyone tell me where i can download fs9.0...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Micah

[ Poll ] screen types in fs9!

What do you prefer, a nice flat screen or the older tube screens? which one gives you the best results in fs9?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Micah

to taxi or not to taxi, that is the question!

Hi guys, just wondered if u guys generally hop in & fly straight away or do the full taxiing? i tend to hop in & fly but then taxi properly to the gates upon landing. whats ur preference? micah...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on

Is there a trial version available...

I would like to make sure that it works on my computer before I drop 30 bucks on a game I can't play...All i'm looking for is a trial or something, not a free copy.. thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
twistedsucker

Flight attendant

Does anyone know where I can get sound files which feature flight attendants talking to the passengers? Also, does anyone know where I can get an ATC accent Text-Speech utility or program? Thanks in advance to anyone who helps....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Micah on
pskinner

Logic 3 joystick

I cannot get my Logic 3 Pro flight joystick to work with Flight sim 04 what should I be setting the game controller setting too?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
twistedsucker

Gameplay recording program

I have finally planned and started my second video project. I just wanted to know if there was a program life fraps but better and which records gameplay at its exact fps rate. Fraps slows down the fps rate when recording, and this is really annoying me. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
Jared

Can I get it

Based on my cpu specs below would i beable to get the feelthere ERJ-145 off the feelthere website. Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Skymuncher on
Allen_gerdavue

Effects Editing

Hey guys, Newbie questions: Is there a program or utility that will let me edit and create FX files for FS2204? Thanks for the help! A...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Alleng on
CoasterXtreme

Strange Flight Plan....

I was trying to set up a flight from newark to france and FS gave me this extremely weird path to follow. They expected me to travel across the US all the way up north then cut back over. It seems like this path would take too long and I am sure I would r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
SamIntel

Aeronautical charts

Does anybody know of a site where I can view aeronautical carts online? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Bumbyter

Landmarks

I tried the Mt. Rushmore easy scenic flight and, even though I visited it about 40 years ago in a 1953 Buick, I couldn't find it! Things sure look different from a Cessna. I've tried to find other prominent features in various countries and always have gr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
nottobe

wind direction

if i hear wind at 090, does it mean the wind comes from the east, or blows towards the east? thx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
CoasterXtreme

Can't get to 35,000 ft.

This has happened two times. I can get to 35,000ft. in tones of planes but everytime the boeing 777 gets to 25,000ft. the airspeed starts dropping and finally the plane stalls. I tried recovering but as soon as i pitch the nose up just a bit i start loosi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on

Nayrev Flight Stimulation

allo all... mine name be it nayrev from Uzbekistan it good to be at comunitie hear.. is this american or britain ? i would like to know litle more about art you call "flight Stimulation" that is your interest it clear for me to sea. wat is the "sti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Lm

Problem please help

Ive just got a new PC and bought Fligh sim 2004 with it, bu when i play about 10 minutes in it just restarts my computer i think my specs are fine: 1gb DDR ram 3.20GHZ 250gb...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
LM on
flyer152

Cockpit building.

Cockpit building. I have a cockpit of a crashed aircraft. How do I connect the control column, rudder pedals, throttle and switches to flight sim 2004? What hard ware and soft ware is required to do this. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flyer152 on
JVD

My Internet has been capped, I won't be around much...

Sorry guys but I won't be able to reply to some of your questions this month because my internet has been capped due to me downloading and uploading too much :rules: 😞 :cry: :cry: . I'll be back the moment my connection comes online again. I'v...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BashDaBish on
tomthetank

Want to fly

Want to fly the heavies for real? Well almost ➡ http://www.virtualaviation.co.uk/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Andy2005

Cruise Altitude

How do you find out the cruise altitude that will be most efficient? I'm attempting some long distance flights in a 747 but am worried about fuel. I heard that a 747 made it from UK to Australia non-stop....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Andy2005 on
billyb

IBM Thinkpad X40 or X41

I'm picking between these two machines and wonder if any FS2004 users have tried flying on either? The X40 I'm looking at has a Low Voltage 1.4 GHz Pentium-M, 1 GB RAM and Intel 855 Extreme Graphics with shared memory upto 64 MB. The X41 I'm looking...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Flight Simulator 2006 Improvements

I would like to see Emergency Landing available from the A.T.C rather than A.T.C just disappearing when you declare and emergency. Also add more aircraft into the AI system...It is far to easy to land and take off at major airports, where sometimes both...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
Guest Ed

Question for The-GPS-Kid

TGK, I asked this question in another thread, but it was buried way down in an totally unrelated topic, so you may have missed it: If you were to walk into a bar in the friendly city of Newcastle and order a pint of Newcastle Brown Ale, how much wou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
nottobe

any add-on to change ATC accent?

i hope I can find an addon one day, that can change the original american accent, and add all different accents from all over the world....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Andy2005

Taxi Problems

Does anyone know a way to find out which way you're meant to taxi off a runway? The ATC tell me to turn at the next taxiway and then I contact ground. However, they send me on a route to the gates which requires me to turn around and go back across the ru...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
BashDaBish

PMDG 737NG Timothy M. Metzinger FMC tutorial release 1.01

I asked this question on another thread but it deserves a thread of it's own. Can anyone help? Actually, I have a few questions about this document.....but I will ask one at a time Question 1 On page 24/25 it talks about setting up the FMC for y...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
davec

FS9 Configurator

There is an update on Avsim for the FS9 Configurator 1.5 to 1.6 (the utility, which among other things, allows you to change the speed of AI a/c taxi-ing). Also very handy for spotting errors in config files. Very small 203 Kb file at - http://librar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sylvan on
sonicninja

Vietnam Flight Sim

I recently played "Medivac Vietnam", knowing this was an old game but i will try out any flightsim and I was shocked at just how crap it was even for the time it was released. So I am hoping now that time has moved on a bit some company somewhere will ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
twistedsucker

What grades?

I'm still in grade school and my GSCE's are coming up in a few years. What grades and in which subjects do i need to achieve to go to university and become a qualified pilot that some of you people here are? I really want to achieve this goal and I just l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
twistedsucker on
CoasterXtreme

Different views....

I have been looking through screenshots and I have noticed some pictures of interiors of planes and some views from inside the plane near the wing. I know some downloadable planes have this option but is it possible to do this with the planes that are inc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
BlackBaron

hi to all and a question...

hi to all! after have taken a look on some posts and threads I decided to write directly with a (stupid?!?) question. Is it possible to create an EXTERNAL FRONT VIEW on a couple of monitors? my setup is: ASUS P4P800S (with last drivers), PIV 3....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Throttle respond on low fuel

Let me describe my problme When I am on the landingstrip with a PMDG 737-700 with engines idle. When I open the throttle , somtimes it happends that the right wing engines dont respond and stay idle. I have tried different techniques to correct this, lik...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Page 79 of 111