Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

nottobe

ILS landing almost a success!

My first time to land a Mooney down on 22L at JFK with ILS. Felt great..... But I didn't know when to turn off the AP.... I kept AP on until touch down after a couple times of bouncing back in air, almost trashed the gears. What is the best way to touch ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Barge on

Editing FS Flight Plans

Does anyone know how to edit the IFR high alititude route in FS2004 flight plans? I am looking to insert specific navaids along the route to fly SID/STARS. Any ideas?? Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
alphaone

Help. Crashing when scrolling on kneeboard

Hey ya'll. I just picked fs2k4 up again and started playing it after setting it down for a long time (lots of stuff to do). Anyway... I'm having some really weird problems. I think they must have something to do with the Explorer underpinnings of fs2k4...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Scotty wilhelm

1930 gee bee and classic racers

i was wondering if anyone could help me, i am looking for a fs2004 gee bee racer (1930) or any other period pylon racers as FREEWARE, i have tried abacus and "gbr2v3" to no avail, please help this bewildered fsimmer, cheers scotty wilhelm 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davec on
FL050

Finding the SIDs...?

I just had a question on how to find the SID for the runway you are taking off on. I know programs like FSNavigator will find the SIDs and the routes you need, as well as set you up on the right STAR for your destination. But, if you don't have it, ho...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
myers62

PLane keeps turning right

hello anybody can help me out on this one. my plane on the ground keeps turning to the right. have no cule to fixe it everything was working fine before renstalled flight simualor 2004 still haveing same problem. My joystick is Saitek evo running win xp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
myers62 on
kittyhawk63

Download help!

:cry: I have just spent 8 1/2 hours downloading an aircraft file only to get 99% finished and having the file close and zip itself. I can not open it. A popup tells me the file is either invalid or corrupt. Do you know of anyway to reopen the file and h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jared

PMDG Load manager

My load manager doesnt work. for the 737NG. i click save, then it says ERROR SAVING AIRCRAFT STATIONS LOADS. i have FS9 running . HELP...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on

FSUIPC Reverse Thrust

Does anyone know if it is possible to program a key press to reverse the axis control of the throttles on the CH Throttle Quadrant? I know they have the detent feature for reverse thrust, but I don't particularily care for that as it inadvertantly pu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Guest Ed

A B2 bomber came to lunch

. . . so my friends and I are sitting at a table outside the cafeteria today, enjoying the beautiful California spring weather, and we hear a jet overhead. Darryl, the only reasonably intelligent (and observant) one in the group, says "Wow, look at that!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
nottobe

different accents in ATC would be fun

I hope in FS2006, they can make different accents for the pilots from the different parts of the world. Asian pilots, middle eastern pilots, european pilots, south american pilots, or even african pilots, all talk like the Americans? No way....... we nee...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
swanno30

Shortcut for the Map?

Hi, I've just got a new plane to fly, the Cessna Conquest. It's very good, however, it doesn't have the shortcut buttons on the main panel (the ones for map, gps, radio stack, throttle quadrant etc etc), it has little icons in the left hand side of the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
swanno30 on
JVD

Air Mauritius

Howzit I'm not very good with repainting so I'd just like to ask if any one could please make and Air Mauritius livery for a 777 and an A330 . I need this to be done so i can hand it in at the Air Mauritius Operations.The reason why is because I'll ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davec on
danicgross

ILS help!

Hi-- Can someone give me some basic help on ILS, entering it on the radio, getting autopilot to work with it, meaning line me up on the runway, and started to decend (and land) Thanks, danicgross...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on
SamIntel

Sound problem

I am trying to use the Opensky 757-200 with NWA textures and when ever I try to fly it the sound is not a jet, it sounds like some prop plane. Like mabe a B-25, I'm not sure. Please help. 😞 ❗ ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
flyer152

Cockpit building

Hi dose any know anything about cockpit bilding. With multiple monitors and 2 computers, any software (using FS2004) and hardware required, (eg instrument panel screens, radio screens and linking the PCs) Any help will be appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
crosscheck9

a340 vsi + Glideslope

In the posky a340 panel, I'm having a pretty big problem. I don't have a VSI, or at least I can't find one, and I can't get the glideslope to appear. Can someone tell me the correct procedure for activating ILS with that panel..I can do it on every othe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick Lee on
megafoot

FUN FACTOR

Greetings, I have had FS2004 for about a week now and i am wanting to expand my horizons with the sim. I am not new to Microsoft Flight Simulator though the last version i dabbled with was Microsoft Flight Simulator II (the one that Lindburg used i ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick Lee on
Paiute

TCAS on UT Problem

I have Ultimate Traffic and for a quite a while the TCAS functioned well, showing the nearby aircraft. Then something happened and now the TCAS will not show aircraft at any range setting. I uninstalled and then reinstalled UT, but that did not solve ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Paiute on
Chris102

Writing a Readme File

I have my Bush/Cheney and Kerry/Edwards textures ready to go to avsim, and I was wondering if someone could help me write the readme file, or give some info on what to include?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
michlin

ILS feather - No runway?

I am flying around the Hong Kong area today. I headed towards the Macau Intl airport (VMMC) and notice the GPS indicating an ILS feather over water just north and almost perpendicular to the airport. The map view shows nothing there. I assume it is an er...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
Zebra

i need help with my account?

Hey, I Payed for the service of this website but i still cannot log-in? why was there a problem which i was not aware of? below is the proof that i have payed for the service. I have sent an email to your accounts@flyawaysimulation.com email bu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
thorpeclassp

ATC stops giving directions -ILS ?

hello, I was flying from LAX to San Francisco, relying on ATC to give me directions and altitude directions all the way as it usually does. For some reason it stoppped giving me directions and I passed the airport. ATC always gives me directions t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on
kevin2003

Crashing in Princess Juliana

Dear Fellow Simmers, would anyone happen to know the default file name for Princess Julianna airport( TNCM ) in the Scenery folder of FS9.I must have corrupted mine as when I approach to airport the program crashes and if I try to start from there I ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kevin2003 on
mickey707

flight simulator 2006(FSX??)

I think Microsoft should continue with their historical aircrafts with the first modern airliners such as the 707 and the DC 8. The patch found on the site improves the framerate quite a bit but I missed so much my add-ons I had to remove it...one of th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FL050 on

Real Weather

Has anyone experienced this over the last several weeks... The simulator indicates that the real world weather has been loaded, but the weather doesn't even come close to matching the real weather in that location? Plus, if you fly several days later...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Geoffos on
Elkinallen

populating Hong Kong Kai Tak

Does anyone know of a way to populate Kai Tak airport with traffic? I know its closed but I would like to have it going again. In this fantasy world of flight, I would like to bring kai tak back. I have the addon for kai tak (Scenery) It would be lov...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
PierreL

GPS setting Lat/long

I have read the manual twice but can't seem to find how to enter a Lat/long in the GPS to be able to home on it. All I find are prerecorded waypoints. I tried with the flight planner, but did not find a way either. Is this at all possible, and if so how...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PierreL on
Jared

Wilco ERJ-145

When i saw the Wilco ERJ 145 i new i wanted it. But what do you think. How real is it the the real thing. Also what liveries come with it and what liveries can you get. Thanks for the help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Skymuncher on
crosscheck9

PLEASE ANSWER ASAP!!

Hi everyone, I've got this A340 I downloaded from POSKY, and I decided to follow the manual they gave me with the download, as it looks very accurate. If anyone actually has the manual, this message would be a lot easier to comprehend... I took...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
nottobe

how do i know i am intersecting the ILS radar beam?

i followed the ATC for heading and altitude in order to line up with the localizer beam, but i dont know when i would be exactly in the middle of the beam. how far is the beam stretched to? when should I switch GPS to NAV? and when can I switch hdg to APR...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on

Frame rate stuck at 20 fps

When I check my frame rate (ctrl - z ) is says my frame rate is stuck at 20 fps. running a p4@2.2 with 1 gig of memory on a shuttle xpc 51b. Video card is an nvidia 5700. Any ideas on how to boost the rate or unlock the card if that's the problem ? BT...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
3balls on

Upgrades to small airports in FS2004 - need help...

Hello all! I'm currently using FS2002, but since hearing about the upgraded weather and airports (runway and taxiway signs etc) in FS2004 I've been thinking about upgrading. I do need your help with a couple of things though. 1) Do you think the dif...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
FL050

Selecting Engines...

Does anyone else have problems selecting engines? I have the default key's for my configuration, which is E and then pushing 1 or 2 to select the engine. I can usually select the first engine fine and on the first try by just holding down E and then p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on

Just updated my email address and cannot see forums

Since changing my email addy an hour ago when I login as "michlin" I cannot see any forum posts. My profile page looks different too. Shutting down my browser and clearing any cookies then returning to this site I can view all posts as I should be able to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
patw

FSHotSFX - GPS-Kid

Hello there GPS-Kid, or anyone who use FShotSFX, What do you think of it. I have been using it for over a year now and think it makes FS9 even more 'As real as it gets' I would recomend it to all FS users. What does it do? - It gives a busy sound t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Barge on
nottobe

why the nose goes to left when the wind blows from my left?

on the ground. I thought the nose would be pushed to the wind direction, but it goes the opposite way. I tried a few airports, all the same!!...i mean on the ground only...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
nottobe

can some one recommend a good CH rudder pedal?

I need a realistic and cost effective rudder pedal, with USB and compatible with XP home and my current side winder joystick which has the twist rudder capability. I know CH products are the best, can some one give a recommendation? Thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Skymuncher on
Aero-man

landing fees?

What is a landing fee, and when do you get one?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
FL050

Help with Procedure Turns....

Well, I don't know hardly anything about Procedure Turns but I am trying to learn. Procedure Turn is just a way of entering a holding pattern, right? I am supposed to go outbound on a VOR from 310 Radial and then supposed to execute a 45/180 proc. tu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jkheavy on
Skymuncher

FS Build vs FSNav vs Flight Sim Commander

Hi, I'm looking for an advandced flight planner / flight management utility. I have mainly heard of FSNavigator and FS Build. Which one would you recommend? Also I have heard that only FS Build was compatible with the 767 Level-D, which is an add-on th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
sylvan

Better Contrails

If you missed it, released yesterday by Thorsten Reichert was nice little effect which makes your contrails look alot better. Check it out on AVSIM - search for new_contrails_fs.zip 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
Crow

Walking?

Hello I'm pretty new to MFS. Anyways, in the video regarding the C-130 Herc comming out soon from Captain Sim, it includes running, and walking inside, and outside of the plane. Is this an add-on that is comming out with the Herc or can you already do so...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick Lee on
Chris102

Repainting

When I repaint with Adobe PHotoshop, the textures come out blurry. How do I correct this problem?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
reynoa00

Problems with ILS approach

I've been flying a 737 into Amsterdam Schipol - all fine and dandy. Got eveyrthing working well, but the APR swtich on ILS lands me about 200 yds short of the runway (in a canal!). What's going on? Am I doing something stupid (almost certainly!) :oops:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FHeselton on
99jolegg

VOR Help

Hi, After houuuurs of reading, and practicing, I finally understand the concept of VOR and how to use it, and navigated myself from Heathrow (EGLL) to Birmingham (EG??) 👏 🙂) Now, I would like to know where I can get sectional charts fr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wook on
Beach

Me Again:

APU, Bleed Air, and Hydrolic systems, External Power Carts, Cabin Pressurization systems. Stop the Beech King Air #2 Eng Oil Light from comming on when you pull back on the RPM handels at cruise. The oil pressure DOES stay good. More realistic failures....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Elkinallen

backup and RESTORE of FS9 the way you had it.

You can backup and restore FS9 the way you had it before WITHOUT lengthly re-installation of all addons. Here's how I do it: After I had all freeware/pay addons installed etc., I saved the ENTIRE FS9 directory on a DVD (Holds more data) I then, due t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
The-GPS-Kid

2 x XP Operating Systems... deleting 1

Hi, I promise this is my last technical question for a while ! About 6 months ago I completed a full system recovery on my PC - literally wiped the entire thing using the system recovery disc. Now all was fine - apart from one thing. Something w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
deltacharlie58

multi monitors

have decided I want to expand my flight simming and use 2 monitors with FS2004. One for instruments, the other for out of window view. I am unsure of what I need to do. Someone told me I need a dual head video card (at least 256 mg), while I also read tha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
Page 69 of 101