Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

CrashGordon

Backing down

If I back my settings down from 1024x768x32 to 1024x768x16, what can I reasonably expect to gain in performance? Also, is what I see on the screen likely to be seriously degraded?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
nottobe

Brunner's GA-Traffic

There is no user help with this program. I don't know how to make airports more crowded. I increase the parking slide bar all the way to the right. Still bot too many aircraft parking at the C and D class airports. Do I have to change the airport fee a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
ceetee

Family Airlines?

➡ "dead" line-up of aircraft being stored or ready to be scrapped. Ok, so I saw "Family Airlines" in PanAm's sig and searched the net to find about more about them as I had never heard of them before. I found some dead-beat site here wh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PanAmerican on
Odyssey

Autoland

Fairly new to fs(2004) and have never experienced the autoland feature. Can someone elaborate on it and tell me which planes I can use it on. Tnx in advance 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
leachus2002

Getting Speedbird callsign in Flight Sim

Hey Peeps, I have seen this somewhere else recently, but I can't for the life of me remember where. I am flying a BA Jet at the moment and I want to incorporate the "Speedbird" callsign into my ATC. I have tried editing the aircraft.cfg file, but...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
mikee747

What Spec' do you Guys Run?

Hello, Just came to me, let's say what specs we have and compare them. Ill just make a template so it is easy to read PC NAME - If you have one? 😂 MOTHERBOARD PROCESSOR RAM GRAPHICS CARD (MANUFACTURE, MODEL, FORMAT, CORE & MEM) HAR...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
nottobe

how do you fly a cirrus? it's not a yoke, nor is it a stick

http://www.cirrusdesign.com/aircraft/gallery/wallpaper/wp05-4.jpg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on

Top Gun Fox 2 Pro Joystick for FS2004?

is the Thrustmaster Top Gun Fox 2 Pro any good for flying in fs2004...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WarHawk42 on
Twat boy

Landing on several runways in one IFR flight

When I create a flight and look the destination line on the nav log, I dragged it to a nearby airport so the line goes to that airport and then from it to the destination but ATC skips it and guides me straight to the destination. ANYBODY???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Super sexy on
Doyley

Navigator

Hi all, I tried FS navigator and couldnt get my head around it but I cant find a trial version of FS build. Is it any good? Do the plans work well with vatsim? Is it worth the money? Thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
Mikee747

Help - FS Wont Start

Hi. I have just purchased a new pc: AMD Athlon 64-bit 3000+ Venice Core 1024mb PC3200 RAM 256mb PCI-E Powercolor ATi Radeon X800GTO 120gb Harddrive 40gb Harddrive DVD-RW Windows XP Professional 32-bit When I attempt to click on FS it load...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Doyley

Routes

Hi all, Does anybody know of a site that will plot routes in the uk and possibly usa that I can use on vatsim? Cheers 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Greekman72

Transition Altitude.

My friends. In FSPax when i reach about 16000feet co-pilot announce that we reach Transition Altitude. I would like to ask about an explanation of this.I search net(i admit not too much :oops: )but since i know that there are many experts here i pick ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
HowardsRock

Flight One Ground Environment

Anybody use this software Add-On? I installed it tonight (I already had Ultimate Terrain installed). After I installed GE and ran FS9, I couldn't tell one bit of difference. Is there something special I have to do with the scenery priorities in FS9 o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
crossland99

Those "anchor airports"

I've had FS for over a year now, but I haven't tried the Caravan Amphibian yet. I'm planning on trying it soon, but I have a question for those of you who've got some flight time in it. About those "anchors" that denote water runways. Are there dire co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Bhupesh

First Perfect flight in Fsp

Alright guys I owe this to you, it's because all of you and practise I have come across a perfect flight (although a short one). have a look at this report: Flight JK840 flight report log Date March 12 2006 Flight ID: JK840...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
wlkin

To Iwo

Long day of flying. Butt is sore, so it is time for some rest. http://www.kinseyclan.com/mytrip/island/isle.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wlkin on
ceetee

[ Poll ] Length of average flight?

Hi all. I'm wondering how long is your average flight on flight simulator. Mine tend to last about an hour and a half, exploring unknown bush areas mostly and touring addon scenery. Occasionaly I make longer flights, but not very much shorter ones. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
leachus2002

CLS A340-600 Pre Sale now on

Hey Peeps, I have just checked the CLS website (https://www.simshack.net/products/dc-10-collection-hd-10-40-fsx-p3d-1320 and they now have thier 340-600 on pre-sale! I can't wait for this to come out and the best thing - its only £20! Bargain! L...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
vickysokhi

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies

Hi, I have recently buy PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies and when i try to take my test flight & when i saw the cockpit i was surpised I didnt find the small icons for GPS,MAP etc which we used to have in other aircrafts. Whats shall I do i am used to t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
-Jester-

FS File... How BIG

Hey guys. I am wondering how big your FS9 file is? (the whole file) how many folders you have and so on..... go to you c:\Program files\ Microsoft Games and then right click your FLIGHT SIMULATOR 9 Folder and see how many files you have and see how muc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fourby on
wlkin

Trip

I belong to FSEconomy and after flying around to earn enough to buy two aircraft, I decided to go on a long trip earning money along the way. The following will be a log of that trip. Not sure where it will end, but the travel bug has bit me. The first...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wlkin on
Mustangfreak

No more FS9 for me

Every time I put the CD in, the computer wont read it, itll read any other cd though. And when I put it in, I have to reset the computer just to eject the drive. And no, the CD crack didnt work, I had to do a system restore just to get my pc back to no...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
broadmargins

2004 simulation speed

😞 I have recently upgraded to 2004 and am thinking of going back to 2002. How do you increase the sumulation speed on 2004. I have not found the way to do this. On 2002 it was on the clock!!! I think the graphics are lousy, I have a clear li...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
fmpjb

ivao questions

just wondering if anyone could give me a quick primer for using ivao. i downloaded the ivao pilot client and connected to the network but it appears to be different than squawkbox, i.e. you don't see the available radio frequencies that you can tune in to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fmpjb on
Doyley

First flight on VATSIM

Hi all, I made my first flight on vatsim last night, I was following IFR from KJFK to KDCA. I was told to expect visual runway 19. So I waited and then I was told to do a 180 degree turn and report runway in sight. By the time I had finished my turn...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
Pitt

Request Flight Simulator 2004 Disk 1 MSGAME1 File!!!

Hi when I try to install flight simulator 2004 on my computer it doesnt work only installed around 1%. I've tryed to copyed all the files into the desktop the only file wont allowed to copy is MSGAME1. If anyone can upload MSGAME1 file onto a ftp asap...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
vickysokhi

ILS in the FMC

Hi Guys I wan wondering if anyboy knows how to setting up the ILS in the FMC. I am useing PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies but cant ser the course of the ILS hdg of the runway bec there is no window to do that in panel Pls help me ..... Vik...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
Doyley

Grrrrrrrr @ ATC

Stupid thing gave me clearence to land then I see this as im just about to land Damn you ATC!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
Bartholomew

Is this wind?

Two days ago I had to reinstall my FS. After the God knows what time installation I started the FS and wanted to set up the display so I don't have to look at the 2D clouds and so... But I noticed something I never noticed before: "Download winds aloft wi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
mikee747

Turning off ATC, Ultimate Traffic

Hey Guys, Is there anyway I can install Ulitimate Traffic and then turn off the annoying popups of Air Traffic Control in FS2004? So I can just see the traffic without having the annoying default FS? Thanks, Michael...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
David_Strange

Help??? VATSIM Multiplayer error

Hi, I had the same problem a few days ago with starting FS, black screen, and then crash to desktop. Anyway, I deleted the module file and now when I start VatSim Squawkbox 3 and click connect, it pops up with a message: "Connecting to Multiplaye...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jared

Airplane Recommendation

Hello. Well I guess I am kind of bored with the FS airplanes I have currently. Can anyone STRONGLY recommend a certain payware airplane that they think is just really great. Basically I like props but jets are cool too. Also I prefer GA up to medium sized...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JTH on
moscue

737 Fuel transfer

On the 737 and similar aircraft, there are 3 fuel tanks that can be adjusted for capacity (L,R & Ctr) ---On the 737 instrument panel there are only 2 tanks showing--L & R. On several of my fights, I am coming close to emptying the L & R tanks while the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
moscue on
leachus2002

FS crashes when trying to open the kneeboard

Hey Peeps, I have just taken off in my A319 from Charles De Gaulle, and I missed one of the atc calls, so I went to my kneeboard and then as I clicked on the tick, FS crashed. I then restarted it and it did it again. Anyone got any ideas? Ta ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
oreo005

underground airport

Ok! I was just picking a random airport so I picked 17th of November (city= Benguela). I was in outside view looking at the left of my airplane and all there was was grass. So then I checked al the outside views and when i went to the view behind the air...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oreo005 on
fmpjb

vatsim or ivao?

have only flown on vatsim and i was wondering what was different or advantageous on ivao?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
redie

Aircraft on runway

when you create a flight how do you set the aircraft to go from the gate and not the runway so you would be able to taxi to the runway because now it starts on the runway. Is it possible? Also ive just read a post and can you get passengers on your a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
george82

Runway Alignment

What's the best way to line my boeing 73 7 up correctly with the runway using autopilot. I'm doing everything else right I think, reducing speed gradually, raising flaps accordingly and decreasing pitch altitude, but as I approach the threshold I never ma...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on
Doyley

Vatsim

Hi all, I have got VATSIM up and running now but I was having some trouble getting clearence. What would you recommend as a good starting flight where the ATC will be helpful? Thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on
simon123

so where the hell is it??

not happy :evil: ho yes i also lost my job!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davec on
brownbox

where is space shuttle?

wheres the space shuttle from the screenshots gallery? i couldnt find it 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Doyley

ATC

I would like to be able to monitor the ATC at my local tower (EGGP) so I can get used to it for my future lessons. Does anybody know what I need to be able to do this and that the distance will approx be that it will be transmitting. I live about 8 mile...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
brownbox

how to look through plane?

hi there, i was just looking at screenshots from the gallery and i was wondering, how do i get views from inside the plane? i have tried active camera and dont like it cause im a cheapskate 😳 and dont wanna pay. any other ways to get these veiws...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Ryan F.

My First "Movie"

Hey everyone, this is my first aircraft "short-film" I made using Fraps and an editing program called Pinnacle. I had fun making it and plan on making more. Please let me know what you think! HTML is disabled here.. so the link is: http://youtube.co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
stairmand

Was Working, Now Keeps Crashing

Hi chaps, I had flight sim 2004 installed and working some time ago, since then I've changed hard drive, re-installed XP but now after the splash screen comes up, screen goes black and it crashes back to windows. Tried using CD, no CD crack for bot...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest on
Sico2

How to land with one engine?

Hiya all, I was looking for an answer for this question and didn't find anything. Sometimes when I fly in FS9, few miles before landing I shut down one of the engines (mostly on 737, 767 or 777-for fun, let us say) and am trying to land. It's impossibl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
vickysokhi

Missed approach help needed

Hi, I dont know what I am doing wrong. I followes every thing what ATC told me to do turn right hdg... turn left hdg .... etc and alsofollows the guides posted here but still I cant see the runway....I am flying from delhi to calcutta with fspassenger...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
vickysokhi on
brownbox

view key configuration-sidewinder

ok heres my problem... for different views e.g cockpit, tower, spot etc i used to use button 2. to move the camera around i used to use the view finder. however i started it up today and found that my keys were totally different 😳 now the vie...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
azabro

Cargo Door

Does anybody know what buttons to press to open the cargo door? also are there any addons for cargo trundlers etc. Also how do i find what graphics card I have??? 😳 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Page 51 of 111