Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

ceetee

Great "Bush Flyers" Flight

I thought I would just mention this great little flight I just took, as many of you other GA pilots might like to try it and enjoy it as much as I just did. Set your simulator to mid-day, winter with clouds at 8,000 and medium visibility. You will need...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
Aldeeb

Jeppesen Simcharts

I note that the Jeppesen website says their charts are for runways over 6000ft and appear to be on a composite cd I am after a chart for St Barthelemy (French WI) which is considerably shorter than that and I wonder if anyone knows where such info coul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Aldeeb on
hinch

Fspassengers Go-Around Problem

i had to go around 4 times for reasons i could not figure. when i turned this off and did the same flight at the same time i didn't. is that an issue with it or just hard luck?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
kianok

default 747

Sorry for the dumb question but i have just flown from Sydney (oz!!) to Manchester in the default 747. I didn't think that was possible in the real world???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Doyley

GPS

There are a few things on the GPS console im not sure of. Here is a screendump of an approach to EGCC. Ive labeled the things im not sure of A-H. Im sure you guys will be able to help 😀 Thanks guys 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on

Why do you play FS9?

This may seem an obvious question but i was just interested to know peoples motives for spending considerable amounts of time and money on this crazy hobby 🙂 Is it to fulfil a lifelong ambition to be a pilot that that never quite came in to fruit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
mikee747

RE

I have the latest Catalyst running with ATi Tools. Inside the My Documents folder what is supposed to be in there? I have "Flight Simulator Files" with nothing in it. It launches up until the black screen where you create a flight pops up and the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WarHawk42 on
k_camacho11

Delta Boeing 777 FS2004???

I've been looking for a Delta Boeing 777 for FS2004 but cant find it anywhere!!! Does any one know where I can d/l that aircraft?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
pearlygatesuk

Simple FMC / STAR's and SID's

Hi Guys, I've downloaded a really excellent FMC called "SimpleFMC" it now comes with a STAR's/SID's facility as well. The only thing is the list of airports is quite small, I wondered if you knew anywhere where I could d/l STAR's / SID's for US airpo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
chrissie

ILS FREQUENCIES

Hey all, upon approaching to my destination airport, when ATC geve me the ok to land and the runway, I click on my map and select the runway they requested me to go on and all.......... But the problem I have is that when I go into my map and sele...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
Bhupesh

My PC Upgrade

Hi People: Yahoo I am Feeling good today! got my pc upgraded today to Nvidia Geforce 4000 128 MB DDR Ram and the system to 1 GB RAM. Got every FS display setting to MAX even the Frame Rate was wondering whether we should put it on Max or not? What exac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
hinch

tried fspassengers

definately looks fun no doubt - but it turned my graphics to utter poo! i'm used to my nice smooth high res stuff - but suddenly everything was all jagged (anti-aliasing was on too). i uninstalled it 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
HardLanding

Comparison, three joystics

I was tired of my force feedback job from Logitech, so I went to the store and brought back three inexpensive joysticks to try side by side. An A-B-C comparison. They were: Logitech Attack3 ($19.99) Logitech Exteme 3D Pro ($26.99) Saitek ST90 ($14.9...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
Doyley

Landing Practise

Is there a way to start a flight so that I am on a final approach so that I can practise my landings? Also, how do I activate visual flight path? Ive enabled it in the menu but it doesnt work. Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Desmond on
Tailhook

FS9 versus FS9.1

Has anyone reverted from FS9.1 back to FS9? If so, please share your thoughts here. Note: I am not asking how to uninstall the patch....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
JTH

Autorudder on jets?

I know that on GA aircraft like the trusty C172, my rudder pedals control the rudder at the back of the a/c and are necessary during turns. However, I remember hearing that on jets that pedals are only really used to stear the a/c on the ground. But jets ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
grampstergeek

from-to VOR indicator

How do I get VOR indicator to show from-to in window? All I get is a continous "barberpole" in the window of the VOR indicator. Thanks for any help offered....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
flightcheck

GPS???

Hey, I was wondering - is it easier to fly Direct GPS flights or use flightpathes used by airlines. If its flight paths is there anyway you can program flight paths into FS9?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
spitfiresrule

Failures won't fail

Please help me the failure feature in my flight sim 2004 won't work any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spitfiresrule on
peco

I need help fast

😳 HELP i have just tried to install an a 340 panel now when i try to load fs9 it comes up access denied ....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Aldeeb

Engine Sound not there

I occasionally find myself with no engine noise although ATC, flap operation sound etc are all there. A recent malfunction was only affecting one aircraft - a DH Dash 6 "Twin Otter" and I noted that if I changed planes (via ALT+Enter) sound would be pr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
moscue

Newbie here need help

What does FDE mean? and is there a page on this sight where I can quietly go and learn what things like FDE mean----feeling kind of stupid here ❓ MIke...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
moscue on
Syphers

Quick change capability with aerodrome scenery

Most of our favourite airfields, apart from majors, look nothing like the real thing. It is appreciated why-at the design stage. There are 1000s. High rise buildings sprout on runway centre-line, trees sprout at a point 100 yards off the threshold, the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Billies the One

trouble with the J-3 cub on take off

I'm not normally into games, but this is one of the most enjoyable games I've ever seen! But I'm a newbie and am having trouble with the plane turning to the left as it accelerates. I'm twisting the stick to the right (to compensate with the rudder) but ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Tailhook

Utilities For Us All

Drivers and Driver Utilities Security System utilities & updates Filing System Utilities Graphics Utilities, Screenshots etc ...and much more all in one place for the FS pilot. For combat pilots handy tutorials are available such as 'How to land on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bunger on
rickypig112

can someone please tell me the max cruising speed for the 747?? i am currently on 535 kias but dont want to go any faster....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bunger on
pearlygatesuk

GPS System

really simple one - I load up the GPS System and I've noticed there's a button on there that says OBS - if you press it, a little thing comes up in yellow saying SUSP - what on earth is this? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Doyley

Another couple of q's

Hi all, Can somebody explain the holding patterns to me? Obviously I understand "make straight in" but I dont quite get the rest. Also, what are all the lines in the GPS console? I know the magenta one is the flight path but I dont understand the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
AJWatson2209

PMGD 737

Is it worth splashing out on the 737 range?!? If so what makes it different from other 737s that i can download? Does anyone have screen shots with the 737 is them? Thanks p.s. 100th post!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
Solotwo

Anyone use the Saitek X52 Flight Control System?

I'm thinking about picking it up, just wondering if anyone else has any experience with it. http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/x52.htm Specs and features sound great, I currently use a new Logitech Force 3D pro, nice and all, but I'd love to have a r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
nik_simpson

Embarassing Question .

Hi , well i have been playing FS9 for about 6 months now , and i have gotten very good at flying small planes manually and doing short distance flights , i have never used Auto pilot , so i was wondering , how do you use auto pilot and how do you dile in ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on
rickypig112

problem with active camera

i have recently got active camera for flight simulator 2004. it says it has successfuly installed but when i open FS it is not there. what do i have to do to get it onto my game? or where in my game to i have to get it? help me please. thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
neo29m on
SamIntel

FS All Messed Up

FS is all screwed up. Nothing seems to be working. Once I get on If I click on anything but: Setings, Multiplayer, Select a Flight, or Creat a Flight, it will crash, AND, if I try to open the KneeBoard it will crash. I think the only thing that I have ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Doyley

Pedals

Ive wanted to do flying lessons for ages now but ive never got round to it. I will do one day BUT I have a question.... I have a problem with me legs so I cant bend my right knee, it just locks so its permanently straight. What are the pedals on the pl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Master Lander on
PanAmerican

Controls

I need to know where to go so I can hit a button that will set a command for wingfold....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
alastairg100

How to set up the VOR and ILS

Thew final flight in the Cessna 172 for flight lessons is the Instrument checkflight. This is as far as I have got in the Lessons. When you first start the lesson it asks you to set NAV1 to 116.8. In not certain of how to do this which what I have come t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on

Cant Afford FS Passengers

Hi, I'm a 14 year old flightsim enthusiast and I love this great sim. I also tried out the FS passengers demo and I think it adds something great to the game. Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy the whole program so I was wondering if there is anyone out...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
SeanGa

Hey guys! I'm back from my trip to Nice!

I departed from Bergen Flesland airport to Oslo Gardemoen airport and then proceeded to Nice. Here are the pictures from the trip: Norwegian 737 being pushed back for taxi Seated in the 737 getting pushed back. I wasn't lucky enough to get a window ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SeanGa on
Doyley

Backcourse & Yaw Damper

What do these buttons on AP do? Thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JTH on
nottobe

display problem, need help

i am in the middel of a night flight......look out the windows, i lost lights on the ground, it only renders the nearest lights patch by patch......it used to be able to render all the ground lights.....whats going on???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
A very anoyed person

antonov 225 & concord dont start

I have obviously downloaded these from various websites. The antonov has before now always worked fine but all of a sudden when i go to fly the aircraft it never seems to have the engines started. Usually this doesnt bother me as whilst messing around in ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

Can't Turn while Taxiing

New to the game,,,can't turn aircraft while taxiing. If I use the rudders, I can never get them to center up...What am I doing wrong here. My joystick does not move in circles and if I try to turn left or right, no action...Someone please help......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
moscue

Starting FS WITHOUT Engines running

Can you change the FS Default that opens each session with the plane's engines already running?? I have looked everywhere to change this setting --but no luck :cry: I would rather start each flight from scratch particularly since some of the more recen...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
simon123

Discovery Wings

I have that channel thank god! Sometimes its ok but what do cars and other things got to do with flying I don’t know? Like saying dose my bum look big in this. Nothing to do with flyaway. Anyway im happy I have it. It doesn’t start until 7pm UK ti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
Habu

VERY NICE SITE !

Go here and check out some great videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZgwky7WEkg rob...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
simon123 on
k_camacho11

Nose Pitch Too High

In another forum, I was explained that the higher you fly, the thinner the air is. So for example, if I have Speed Hold indicator to 385 KIAS...i just have to change the SPD to MACH on the autopilot? But the problem I have is...why does the nose tend to p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
chimpy

how do i get the planes to work in FS

Hi, its probably right in front of my face but how do you get your downloaded aircraft to work in FS2004 i always get the files but whenever i click on the aircraft it says the file is corrupt or cant be found, please help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nik_simpson on
amckenzie2006

Aircraft Initialization error....

Hello people, not long ago I had to re-install FS2004. Installation process was fine and all four discs installed on my computer. However when trying to click on the FS2004 icon to run the program i get an error: "Aircraft Initialization failure Gmax...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fourby on
HowardsRock

Question for the board.

Guys, please know that the post labeled "Active Airport Software" was posted by me. I didn't realized I was no longer logged in. Unless I'm crazy, I swear I heard somebody mention this "active" airport stuff (boarding ramps, trucks, luggage carts, foo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on

Britains Airfields

Hi guys, Deano here. Hope all is well. 😀 I received this email yesterday but I have only just logged on to my PC. The following text mainly applies to the flight simmers in and around England, Scotland, Wales and N.Ireland. It is to do with (a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pro-Sim on
Page 53 of 111