Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

vickysokhi

Requirements for autoland

Thank you guys i have managed to install my new panel and tried the auto land feature but I find is vry hard to meed the requirements for autoland..pls help me what shall i do i really want to land my plane I have follows the instruction but still no luck...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
switchdoc

Run-ins with Rod: A rant by Switchdoc

Soo.... this Rod character upset me mightily last night. I passed all of the first lessons and flew my small plane solo successfully and decided I really needed to get a handle on some of the navigation stuff. So, I fired up the VOR flight lesson, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
madbrit on
M-FLO

how to pan view with joystick

Hi people. When i first saw FS2004 videos.. (chopper in las vegas), i notticed that we can pan camera in a 180º in the cockpit (or virtual cockpit) view. But i can't do it with my Sidewinder Joystick. Any help would be very appreciated 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
M-FLO on
k_camacho11

NAV/APP Hold???

What is the difference between the NAV/APP Hold?? I use ILS to land and the aircraft picks up the runway perfectly with the NAV hold. What is the difference if I choose APP hold?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
robbier

need help

Hi guys! I have a problem- whenever I start up FS, i see the FS load screen, but it never goes away, and the main FS screen where you select aircraft and stuff never appears, the FS load screen just is always there, and when i check into ctrl+alt+del it ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
chrissie

Vatsim and ATC online problems

Hey all, I have a problem with flying online. I'd downloaded Vatsim and Squawkbox and I all ready have Flight Simulator 2004. Problem I have is that when I select a flight, and was at the gate wanted to take off. The ATC wasn't responding back to me wh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on
JVD

Found it.

A few posts ago I asked wether anyone could find me some great effects that I saw in a video. Well, I found the effects and how to install them. This is the type of effect I'm talking about: First go the link below and scroll down until yo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
atreyu

approach charts

hey im doing a flight right now i need the approach charts. the airport cancun internation. (mmun) i would've used airnav but thier charts are for airports in the u.s. thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Jamier

CD4?

hi guys, went to load fs when i got home from college and its asking for cd4 even tho its in the drive? FSPassengers screws up then my disc 4 doesnt work :/ Ive rebooted pc and stuff and its not havin it. Anyone else had this problem? Looking a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

Seat Belt Sign

Seat belt sign button? Anywhere I can download this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
switchdoc on
k_camacho11

More Realistic Flights

If u have noticed...in FS2004 when u climb to about 30,000 ft + and u put maximum thrust...your plane wont go past 400 Knots and the nose tends to pitch way up like if its climbing but its not. That is nowhere near being close to realistic flights. Today,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on

FS2004 Doesn't start ??

Hi all ! I've got a big problem : When I want to Start FS 2004 , I get only a Black Screen and land again onto the Desktop. I've got a "Dell XPS M170" Laptop with a NVidia GeForce Go 6800 ULTRA integrated. Can you help me with my problem ??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Micah on
laspiapoeta

Flight Plans on Google Earth

Hello all, I made a little page that you (I hope) will find interesting and even useful. On that page you can upload a FS2004 flight plan (extension .pln) and obtain a kml file that will show that flight plan on Google Earth. And you can download o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Doyley

fssound.dll

When I load FS I get a warning about fssound.dll asking me if I want to load it as there may be a problem. I read somewhere that there was a way to stop this but I cant remember how. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Cheers 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
FSisFUN

Xbox Controller

Hey guys, I was wondering does anyone have a recomended setup for an Xbox Controller? Maybe someone else is using this to play the game or a link. Iam really struggling to get it sorted cuz i dont know what each term means or does, its really compla...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
chrissie

Question about online virtual airlines

Hey all, How can I check out all of the members of virtual who is currently online? I am a member of Family Virtual airlines and I was tring to download Vatism but it is differicult to download or register. Can anyone help me?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on

MS flight sim 2004 and google earth

This is soo cool.. have any one of you tryied MyFsgoogleearth? you get real time flight tracking in google earth connected to your flightsimulator 2004....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamier on
leachus2002

Ummmm, interesting FSpassengers event

Hey Peeps, I have just flown Manchester to Heathrow in my A319 with FSpassengers loaded. I have followed the IFR instructions throughout and I was in the correct holding pattern for heathrow, but suddenly I flew over a war risk zone. How does that wo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
yankeeflyer72

Re: Landing Lights

What settings do I need to change to see my landing lights from the cockpit. Aircraft.cfg, fs9.cfg, etc. The landing lights are working as I can see them from any view other than cockpit view. The aircraft doesn`t have a v/c. The spotlight bmp is show...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
sonicninja

Home Simulator

Have a look at this:- THE ULTIMATE HOME PC/SIMULATOR 👍 I cant remember where i got this picture, the owner may even be a flyaway member 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
leachus2002

Assignment for the Autopilot SPD switch?

Hey peeps, Only me 🙂 I was just wondering what the default assignment is for the SPD switch on the autopilot as I cant seam to find it in the assignments window. I am trying to set up my joystick at the moment so I have got everything in ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leachus2002 on
chrissie

Approaching problems

Is there anyway I can find the frequencies for the ILS approaches? I've activated my approaches and what runway I've landing but can't seems to find the frequency and my approach is off. Please help me ----------------------or-------------------- I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
skennedy04

Approach hold switch

How do i use the approach hold switch on a 747-400...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
k_camacho11

Elevator Pitch???

I've noticed that when I take my Triple 7 up to 30,000 ft and put Max throttle...the airplane goes about 370 Knots but the nose pitch is high...it looks like the plane is climbing but its not...the same thing happens when u go 250 knots under 10,000 with ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
beerbadger

On screen recorder?

Is there any free easy to use on screen recorders? thanks in advance, beerbadger...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Doyley

FSP Failures

Hi all, When setting up my company I set the failure percentage to 10%. Im now sick of all the failures but I dont want to loose all my company info. Is there a way to reduce the percentage and what would you recommend for a realistic setting? Tha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
PanAmerican

[ Poll ] Autoland

I hate Autoland it is so stupid. It takes all the fun away from flying....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
vicky_sokhi

Help Needed

Hi I just want to know how one can look into the cabin of the plane...is there any more camera which are to be active bec i can only see one image but cant see any thing else i have read about cabin view and view inside the sitting area but i cant do ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
JVD

Countdown

When ever I try film one of my replays I get a little replay sign at the bottom left hand corner of my screen. I there a way to remove this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
nottobe

how to diversify the sky?

My Ultimate Traffic only provides 3 or 4 makes of the GA aircraft, cessna, piper, mooney, piper, for GA trffic.....I would like to see more variety of AI aircraft in the sky, is there any AI package out there?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
leachus2002

Photos of your "cockpits"

Hey Peeps, Just thought that I would start a post showing my "cockpit" where I fly from. Invites are open for other users to post their photos too.......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
PanAmerican

Atlas Air

What kind of aircraft does Atlas Air fly?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leachus2002 on
njdevls

Airspeed

I was just wondering why is it that the higher you fly, the slower your speed inicator shows? The mach indiciator is till the same but the knots/hour gets lower....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nik_simpson on
k_camacho11

FSPassengers (Need Help)

How do you take off the Flap-Freeze and Gear Jam in FSPassengers? It's annoying!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
leachus2002

British Airways Virtual

Hey Peeps, I have been looking at the BA Virtual website and wondered if anyone else here is a member? Leachus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leachus2002 on
ceetee

In Memory of Sir Freddy Laker

Sir Freddy Lake, a British born pioneer in aviation passed away on the 9th of February 2006, aged 84 last Thursday. He was the man who created the no-frills airline concept and run his own highly successful Trans-Atlantic “Laker Airways” during th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Aldeeb on
-Jester-

FSpassengers help

Hey guys I just got FSpassengers and when I go to unlock the real thing it comes up with an error message saying "Username or password wrong, try to copy and past your username and password" well I did that about 20 times lol so does anyone know what is g...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fourby on
simon123

P-P-L.

I know what it stands for. Now i know most of you are pilots most of you do it for a living. {Lucky so & so-so} anyway if I had the money to get my ppl. i would get it ie won lotto. 😂 How much would it cost? I was told about £3500.00 UK pound ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
SteveT

*My Europe Tour*

Hey everyone, At the moment I am doing a tour around Europe which includes various flights around the continent. I will be flying in my Michael Aviation (painted my Davec), in my A319 for all my legs of the tour. I will post some reports on how eac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on
crossland99

Bravo? Foxtrot? Huh?

Sometimes, not all the time, when I radio a tower that I'm ready to taxi or whatever, the audio for "my voice" says something like "Soar 207 ready to taxi, with Foxtrot" or something like that. I know that Bravo and Foxtrot are part of the military alphab...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
kianok

Airports.... the best of the best

Anyone have their favourite airport lists? Spent hours as a newbie flying to my unimaginative airports and just wondered if anyone had a list of favourites...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
grampstergeek

altimeter setting

Hi Folks, New to this forum and need a little help. How do I set altimeter in fs2004? Thanks for any help you can offer....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
nottobe

My first JET flight coast to coast, successful

I bought an Eaglesoft Citation X a few months ago, and I eventually took it into the sky a few days ago, from JFK to Boston Logan, topped off then to Seattle Tacoma. Non stop, cruised at FL480 at 0.92 mach. Even with 65 kt head wind, I completed the trip ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
k_camacho11

Boeing 777 Panel with Autoland???

I've been looking for a B777 panel that has the Autoland feature. Does anyone know of one? Thanks!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
nottobe

wonder how the airports clean heavy snow

they can't spread sand and salt....plough? doubt it...then how?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
-Jester- on
chrisennever

Very slow frame rate

Having recently formatted my HD and reinstalled my FS 2004 I find that the frame rate is exreemly slow almost zero. I also find that I have no menu bar at the top, so I cannot make changes from the menu bar, neither can I exit the program using Esc. I h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
kianok

VFR scenery

Just wondered if anyone had used it and if it was as good as it claims. I'm interested in the UK volumes 1 to 4. Be good to hear your thoughts. Thanks chaps....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
Africa 1

FS Force

anybody out there tried FS force used with force feedback joysticks? I'm trying the free version (10 flights) but finding a few bugs, any reviews would be appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
crossland99

Capitol Buildings!

I was surprised enough when I got FS2004 and found that it: 1. Included this little tiny airport in Fryeburg, Maine that I knew well from when my Aunt Sharon would fly in to visit us in her Cessna. 2. Had the correct dimensions and height of Pleasant ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
tardius

repeated malfunction using #1 key

I'm having trouble when acknowledging an ATC message with the #1 key. The screen flips to the flight planner and FS stops running. After a while the Microsoft error message comes up 'send report' 'dont send report'. This is becoming more frequent - any...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
switchdoc on
Page 54 of 111