Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

leachus2002

Think I have got the hang of it.....

Well, after about 18 months of Flight Sim, I think that I am getting the hang of this whole "landing" thing that you have to do 😂 I use Fspassengers, so I get a report after every flight, and my landing speeds normally vary from about 450ft/m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
fssimnut

Traffic 2005 MDL Files, how to add them

hello i have jus been given the traffic 2005 files for flight simulator 2004 and i was wondering how you added them, the file i have recieved is an mdl file could someone help me out please?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fssimnut on

avsim

for those who download off the avsim website....i have tried downloading a plane but whenever i click on the download button it says page cannot be displayed, can someone try and download and see if it does the same. i know its not somethign to do with ym...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
ianm

color coded programmable keypad

I saw one of these a while back, can't remember what it was called, it had loads of ms flight keys color coded so you know what they mean and easy to see. It was a separate device. Anyone know the thing I mean please? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Doyley

Payware Planes

Right I would like a really good plane to learn to start flying, maybe an airbus or something similar. I dont mind paying a few quid for it if it is worth the money. What would you recommend? I would like it to be roomy for plenty of passengers, easy t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
dan774

Airtraffic Control

I would like to see the flightsim team add something for airtrafic controlers. A built in atc radar for the people like myself who loves atc. I'm not able to do mutch anymore do to the complexity of the connections a build in atc radar that would simplify...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Radio stack? ADF?

hi all. Just been looking at the radio stack. What does the very bottom control do? i think it says ADF? its under where you put your squawk. How do i use it? i mainly fly medium haul jets on roughly 2 hour flights....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Solotwo

Sudden high altitude wind shifts?

Now that I finally have an aircraft that I can fly at over 18,000ft and with the PC-12's wind direction feature while flying the winds shift DRAMATICALLY which in result moves the aircraft around violently at times and jumps the speed of the plane up and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
SeanGa

Care for a challenge?

When I was playing multiplayer, some guy (unfortunately I can't remember his nick) asked me to come to the airport VNLK for a challenge. There's a small landing strip (grass) at about 7000-8000 ft, with beautiful scenery.. take off, take a little ride...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
vickysokhi

Bravo Airspace

Hi Guys I just want to know what is the meaning of Bravo Airspace...why did we request for that Hopw to hear from you soon Vik...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
brownbox

almost in space?

alright- download a mean looking aircraft (military aircraft) and then put the throttle all the way up and when you are going fast enough take off and go straight up. When the altitude metre reaches its maximum turn your aircraft so you are looking up and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Ryan F.

Keyboard?

I got a SimYoke and Rudder pedals back in December '05... and boy did it make the difference. I've been using Flight Sim since version 98 was out, so I'm no newbie to this, but even in the months leading up to December, I was messing up easy landings and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Ryan F. on
Doyley

Belly Landing

On final approach my landing gear locked and wouldnt go down fully. Ive never made a belly landing before, well not successfully anyway... Flight JD864 End of flight report Date March 05 2006 Flight ID: JD864 Pilot: John ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
ceetee

Insturments giving me wrong readings?

Hi people, I have a question regarding my instruments on my new C206, which properly has a very easy solution, so please excuse my n00b lack of experience 🙄 What is happening is that my cockpit instruments give me a different reading for alti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
chrissie

Online Playing and ATC problem

Hey everyone: Problem is that I have an Vatism account but don't know how to activate it in FS9. Also, alone with Vatism, How do I get online and see everyone else flying online? Everytime I go on there and put my usid ID on multiplayer on FS9, alo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on
vickysokhi

refuel the aircraft

Hi, I am on my way to Manchester from Sydney Intl airport I am flying Airbus A340-300> Its along flight I know for 20 hr or so I ant to know that how can i break my journy and refuel my plane and than countine my flight to manchester Intl airport. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
hinch

sounds - braking

i'm ok at editing the sound config, but after using fs passengers i really want to use braking sounds when on the ground. i've taken the sound from fspassengers ready to use it in whatever aircraft i choose, but i have found no way of using it yet as i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
CRJCapt

MSFS 2004 Configuration file(FS9.cfg)

Some programs require you to edit your FS9.cfg file. To do this, follow these steps. Note: This file is usually located within the %appdata% \Microsoft\FS9 folder. 1.Click Start, and then click Run. 2.In the Open box, type the following: %appdata%\Mi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
hinch

aah yeees!

Flight KP246 End of flight report Date March 03 2006 Flight ID: KP246 Pilot: Matt Hinchliffe Company: Pacifica Airlines Aircraft: Gmax V2 F-100 Alliance Tay650-15 Flight Date: March 03 2006 Departure: 12h25 (20h25 GMT) A...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
kianok

Location of FS9.cfg

Just trying to add some scenery files and i need to modify the FS9.cfg but i cant find it. I know this is a dumb question i'm stuck without it :oops:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
brownbox

Sidewinder

just wondering if anyone elses sidewinder throttle doesnt work for fs2004. and if it does tell me how to make it please 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WarHawk42 on
nottobe

How can Ipermanently lower my F1 C172's seat by one notch?

I know by pressing shift+backspace to lower the seat, but how can I change it in the cfg file to make it permanent?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
brownbox

Auckland Intl Glitch

I landed my boeing 747 aircraft from Changi airport dead on the runway at Auckland international in New Zealand. After the plane stopped i was quite pleased with myself 😀 However when i went to taxi back to the terminal after leaving the runway a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
slicef18

Moving Tower View

At some locations the tower view is not from the tower. I there a way to reposition the tower view? Thanks in advance Slice...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Doyley

Real-World Weather

How often is this updated at the site FS gets this from? Its snowing fairly badly here where I live which is about 5 miles from EGCC but on FS its just partly cloudy 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
ceetee

A different approach to flight simming...

While browesing around Sim Market, I came across this rather unusual "adventure" addon called "Smugglers of the Caribbean" from PIMP AVIATION "Smugglers of the Caribbean - Cabo Key" is an add-on package set in the Caribbean on a small uncharted islan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
freedspeak

Got to fly a real plane

Signed up for a "Discovery Flight" at the local flight school, Red Baron Aviation. For $49 I got to hop into a C172 with a flight instructor and my friend, a new pilot, in the back seat. After the run up the instructor let me taxi to and hold short, then ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
simon123

looking for a link

Now I had this link some time ago, but I lost it It was a good one to: It was downloads for fs9 and the one I want was trees. Yes trees ❗ I was going to post it to you all as it’s a great one the trees look just great!! But as in my past pos...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

Turning Left/Right with Push back

How do you turn the plane left/right on pushback like in real life? I have to push right back then use the engines to turn when i start taxiing. Surely there is a way to do this properly?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
azabro on
Jared

Flight 1 releases the Commander 112A!!

Well I was browsing throught Flight 1's website www.flight1.com and saw that they released a commander 112A. It looks pretty good and I might have to check her out. Take a look for your self....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
vodkavera

Best flyingstick, problem with Logtech..

Hello pilots. I guess this question has been asked before, but I need an answer. I see my self as a good pilot 😀 but my flying has been less good dew to my bad joystick. I use a Logitech Extreme 3D pro and it´s gone bad. It´s almost i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
Pro-Sim

Air New Zealand - Domestic Routes

I thought that would get Cheekytrolly and Jarred's attention 😂 I was wondering if you gents could give me some typical ANZ domestic routes (routes that begin and end in NZ, and perhaps one or two NZ-OZ routes too). Appreciate any info ! ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
leachus2002

What graphics card are you using?

Hey peeps, I want to buy a new graphics card as my current one is lagging a bit and I wondered what everyone else is using. I am looking at getting 40+ frame rates and was looking at getting the ATI Raedon x800GT card. Anyone got this? Ta Leachus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Traffic 2005 50% Traffic Slowing Down System

hi all do any of you have traffic 2005? naturally i like a busy wirport but if i put traffic on 50% or more the game gets very slow. does anybody have this problem?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
leachus2002

Step by Step Guide to the A319?

Hi peeps, I was just wondering if there was a general atep-by-step guide anywhere out there that talked anyone through peforming a flight in an A319? I am talking along the lines of: 1. - Taxi at 15knots to runway 2. - Align yourself with the ce...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
gavvy ras

gameplay improvement

i think that there should be a career mode where you can obtain licences for diffent aircrafts and then take differnt cargo around the world earning cash etc. also i agree that the scenery should be improved and al the others listed....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
SamIntel

FS Too Fast

It could just be me, but it seams like all the planes in FS are going faster than they should be going. For example in the 172 I'm going about 60 but it seems like I'm going maybe 90 or 100. I know it's not the simulation rate that's the problem. It se...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on
Bhupesh

What Exactly is VATSIM?

Hi Friends: Can somebody guide me what exactly is VATSIM, I have heard a lot about it, now here are some remaining queries: 1. Is VATSIM free to use? 2. What exactly the softwares that need to be download to run VATSIM? 3. What should be the minim...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Billies the One

A DC-3 that loves to climb

Flying along to my destination, the plane seems to have a tendency to climb, the wings on the artificial horizon dial lighting just *above* said horizon when I am not pushing the joystick forward slightly. Might I not have the plane trimmed? Could it be u...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WarHawk42 on
hinch

um..fspassengers wierdness

Crash! You hit the ground with an impact speed of -139 ft/mn. There was no failure aboard this aircraft before the crash and many passengers died because of pilot error. (-850) now, is it just me or is that one damn smooth landing! everything else was...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
Railroad

No reverse thrust problem

I bought fs2004 yesterday after having previous versions for many years. However, I seem to have a problem with the reverse thrust for jets. After throttling down on landing I press F2 which is the key to activate the reverse thrust but it will not work, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Railroad on
simon123

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apic for you to see a near miss or what!!!!!!! http://img160.imageshack.us/my.php?image=planes16ln.png 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
simon123

ATC whith FSPassengers,

Now as I said in my past post. I paid for FSPassengers, Now the default ATC. Is only open to the-default FSPassengers. Now if I select a flight other than default I don’t get any ATC. How do I get the same ATC on all the flights, I make as it’s a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kianok on
Liono

Some usefull Utilites

Here are in my eyes (maybe some others as well 😀 ) some of the best and essential freeware utilites around today FSAutoStart https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2948/fsautostart-v11/ EditVoicePack. You will net .Net Framework 1.1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
WarHawk42

How not to land on water

Notice the tip floats were not down and locked. http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/GOOSE.wmv...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WarHawk42 on
HowardsRock

Side to side movement on the runway

Does anyone else have a problem where your aircraft veers left and right on the runway both as you're taking off and immediately after you touch down on the runway? I'm thinking it shouldn't be doing this. 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
k_camacho11

Flaps Freeze In FSPassenger

I love FSPassenger..it brings more fun to FS but I want to take off the Flap Freeze problem, which is when u have your flaps down and go over just about 250 kts...I cant find a way to take that off. I have tried to putting the Failures to 0 and still wont...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
rickypig112

actual pilots

hi i know its perobably not meant to be asked in here, but is there some actual pilots here. if so i would love to private message you as i have a few questions to ask. thank you! :0)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Doyley

Flaps during take off

Pilot's Penalty points: -300 points Forgetting to set the proper flaps during take-off is an extremely dangerous fault and does not show proper piloting skills. (-300) Ive had this happen to me several times now and im certain ive had the proper fla...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
hinch

well done me! :D

having a play on fspassengers... Flight ID: WI541 Pilot: Jack High Company: Pacifica Airlines Aircraft: Gmax V2 F-100 Montenegro Airlines Tay620-15 Flight Date: February 28 2006 Departure: 08h33 (16h34 GMT) Arrival: 08h45 (16h46 GMT) From: KCCR ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Page 52 of 111