Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

carteriii

FS startup on primary DVI output of dualview nVidia 5200?

I am completely new to FS so please bear with me if I'm being an idiot. In short, FS2004 starts up on what I believe to be the "wrong" monitor and I'd like to change this. More specifically, I have two monitors attached to an nVidia GeForce FX 5200 car...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
carteriii on
malfuller

Basic Question

Hi, I just joined and downloaded some different aircraft. The basic question is: after unzipping all the files - how do I incorporate into FS2004? I need a little assistance. Thanks if someone can help me....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mypilot

jokes

This doesn't have anything to do with flight simulator but I think you guys will like these jokes. Q: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for pulse? A:No. Q: Did you check for blood pressure? A:No Q: Did you check for breathing...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
avid

specs

hi can any 1 tell me if my computor is ok for fs2004 it has 2.5gig 256 ram,128 meg video card:cheers avid england 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Just a quick Doom 3 question

Well, again, i'm here beacuse this is the "General" forum, and I have a membership here, so i think i'll ask. Does anyone know how/where in the Doom 3 .pk4 files, is the place to edit the functionality of armor compared to health? I.E. If you get s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
makonnenl

cannot fly

Help, I don't know why but shortly after take of stlill climbing, the plane start going down and crash i can't control it do you thing i need to re-install? i cnnot blame my joystick it is new... :evil:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
makonnenl on
Fire_Emblem_Master

It's 2:21 AM, and I've struck gold

Well, I decided to grab a few Heino pictures to compile a better screensaver, so i started rooting throuhg the internet. That's when the gold happened. I found this italian site, that has TONS of Heino pictures. It even has pictures of Our Hero from when ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
boomshiko

Understood VOR!

I just got the hang of VOR navigation!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!! Just wanted to share the moment! 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Chris102

Boeing Gives 7E7 Dreamliner 787 Designation

SEATTLE, Jan. 28, 2005 -- The Boeing Company today gave Boeing Commercial Airplanes' newest airplane -- the 7E7 Dreamliner -- an official model designation number of 787. The airplane now will be known as the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. "We used 7E7 to hi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
mypilot

stunt plane

I saw this show on "Real TV" today and it had this plane (a biwing) that could land up side down and then it could land right side up. It had wheels on both top and bottom. I forget the name of it. I couldn't find it on the internet. Radarman, try your ma...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
mypilot

MKB

What does the MKB stand for in the radio stack?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
leadfoot

Fsuipcdll file

What exactly is this fsuipcdll file anyway? What does it do for my sim? I get this incompatibility notice every time I start my sim. Is it truely incompatible? I just click the do not load button and go on....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
Vin4evr

Radar Addon

does anyone wher wher i can download a radar for aircrafts?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
PierreL

Loading sceneries

I have tried loading sceneries with mixed success. One loaded well, airport LFRD, and boasts some type of installer. I use it OK The other two FP_simesh (mesh terrain French Polynesia) and BORABORA2, Bora Bora airport do not seem to get captured. A...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
boxer one-zero

Graphics issues

Hi all. I say 'issues' as it's not a real problem, but I've recently upgraded from a Radeon 9200 128Mb to an NVidia FX5700LE 256Mb. Some (add on) aircraft make the game run really badly, and I have very poor framerates. Only add on aircraft like the F18...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
horrgakx

Flight Director function?

One of those don't-really-know-it-but-afraid-to-ask things; The Flight Director - can anyone confirm that its only fuction is to put a little cross-hair on the artificial horizon to show you which way to go when under manual control? And you can turn...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Fire_Emblem_Master

DonWood or someone like him, another q for u

Which weather conditions require the use of Autoland, it's CATII right?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
mypilot

weather

What does "LIFR" and "MVFR" mean or stand for?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Sky_Cap

Sensitivity and Null Zone

Hi What are the best settings for Sensitivity and Null Zone to make my Joystick acts like in a real airplane? My current settings are: Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sky_Capt on
Chris102

Saved Flights

Which file in the FS9 folder contains your saved flights?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
IFLY727

Panels

The panels need a major overhaul. Come on microsoft! Boeing is right down the street in Seattle. These a terrible and I hate to go searching on the net to find a panel that has the stuff I want. For example, apu, electrical system, etc. They have the mea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
IFLY727 on
LuckyBlunder

Da-dit-da-dit over and over!!!!

I've looked thru all the help stuff I could find and still can't figure a way to turn off the morse code signal from the VOR without changing the frequency. I want the VOR and all that, but the constant "dit-dit-da-dit" over and over is driving me nuts! ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
LuckyBlunder on
99jolegg

Crabbing

Hi guys, I have some questions about crosswind landings: I know what crabbing is, and I know what it looks like when a plane does it, but how do you do it and what are the procedures for it? Are there other methods? Which is simplest and most ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
Vin4evr

Obstacle on the runway !

Has anyone tried taking off from Trivandrum International Airport In India?There is some kind of building in the middle of a runway?how do we fix this? Plan a trip from Trivandrum to Cochin International Airport(VOCI)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Fire_Emblem_Master

The master of asskickness himself- HEINO!

All right, It's time I review my 2 newest Heino albums, which I recieved after school today. The first one, which happens to be playing at the time I write this, is called "Nur das Beste - Heino" The CD jewel case is lordlike in itself, because, unlik...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
karam19080

FMS

Flight Management System like they have in the real airliners. Diversion options: instead of re-doing another flight plan enroute. Better Sounds and scenery More Aircraft including the A380 and B7E7 Improve the virtual cockpit scenery....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on

What does AI mean

AI aircraft, AI flight plans what does AI mean. Thanks guys...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

graphics card

i just installed a 64 mb nvidia graphics card but no picture comes into the monitor when i plug it in. My previous graphics controller was on the motherboard. I was told i had to switch something on my bios settings but i couldnt find the right thing. I h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
mypilot

Why is FS2004 called FS9?

Why do people call Flight Simulator 2004 "fs9"? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
ebthrasher

AI aircraft question and contrail question.

Hello, 2 quick questions: 1. Is there a way to get the call sign, height, destination information for other aircraft that are more than 10 miles away? ATC is always talking to other aircraft, and I would like to know where they are, even though real...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
mypilot

[ Poll ] computers

My friends and I were discussing (realy arguing) about which type of computer is better. Which one do you think? I prefer Windows....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on

All that navigation for nothing? very sad.

Hi simmers, I need to bear my heart out. I took off from KSFO headed to KLAX via low altitude airways. I was flying my just acquired 737 (i.e just downloaded:-)) flew the flight plan to the letter, way points, altitude and all. (mind you this w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on

Following GPS

Hi i was just wondering how to make the aircraft follow the pink line on the GPS automatically during the flight...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on

SYNAPSE a sight to future

Bonjour à tous, Nous sommes heureux de vous informer que nous avons commencé, il y a quelques temps, un nouvel environnement pour FLIGHT SIMULATEUR dont le but est de valoriser les technologies, à travers une association. Le projet se nomme SYNAPS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
Chris102

Target Frame Rate

Where should the target frame rate be set to to have the best quailty picture?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
originalgrunge

Taxi to the Gate, wait, nevermind!

So I don't know if any of you have had this issue before, but after completing an IFR flight into ORD, I get the ground handoff, tune to it, and then have no option for taxi-to-the-gates! I get one request for taxi for takeoff, under which is "taxi to par...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
leadfoot

DC-7

Finally! I've managed to dnld the DC-7 from calclassic.com It had a setup program that did the job. The sound is a bit funny though, sometimes it sounds like I'm hearing things through a long pipe. If I switch from outside view to cockpit a couple of tim...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
Lil pilot

Steering

Hey guys and girls, I am having problems with my steering, i can't taxi on the runway cause the plane goes ballistic on me... What can i do??? Please help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
nottobe

seems to me that most of the aircraft plugins are unusable

they are either missing gauges or some other parts. I tried to follow the readme instructions, some just dont have the right file structure, some are just confusing......maybe it takes a lot practice to get it right.....unfortunately i have already messed...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Chris102

Afcad2

Where can I download the AFCAD2 program?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
kevin2003

Who put out the lights!!!

Dear fellow Simmers just finished migrating FS9 to my new system and have decovered a few minor problems. The one causing the most hassle is the Taxi and Landing lights.While they are clearly visable in "chase mode" they are nowhere to be seen in 2D "C...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kevin2003 on
99jolegg

Flight Level Help

Hi, Can anyone explain the Flight Levels system to me ❓ I always get this question wrong for the VA I fly for. I thought it was odd numbered flight levels for westbound and even numbers for eastbound, but obviously this is wrong. Provide ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
horrgakx

Airbus A340 Pro throttle question! Grrr!

Whenever I'm trying to land the auto throttle seems to go all the way forward in TO/GA mode. It doesn't retard either, it just continues on past the aircraft safe speed and the wings peel off 😳 How the * do I disable the auto throttle? (I'...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
overhead

yep,downloading aircraft,i need help!

i download the plane to my comp.its in a zipped folder,i then extract the file. then i double click my comp. program files,microsoft games,fs9,i then drag the corresponding files together from my comp. to my fs9 files. ok this isnt working for me,because ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
mypilot

fs2002

I am just curious but when I bought my flight simulator 2002 (I now have fs9) and installed it, I got not only the flight simulator, but also a game called "Flighter Ace 2. Did everybody get it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Bindolaf

A couple of advanced (for me) questions

Ok, it's going much better with flying and landing, even jets. Couple of questions though: Flight plans: What are high level, low level etc airways? I assume they are "prearranged" roads so to speak. When I try to fly them, I still get a "VOR to VOR" f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
Vin4evr

Tango

THis could be a silly question. what does "Tango" means in atc terms?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
horrgakx

Airbus A380 engine question

Reading a little bit about the A380 engines on this site - two options are available, the Rolls Royce and the Pratt & Whitney. Does anyone have a source of info that explains the difference between the two or links to info about each one? D....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
morrisspider

I can't get beyond Disk 2 during the installation...help

I can't get any further than disk 2 when I try to install FS2004. The error message that comes up is: Set up failed to extract files D:\MSGames6.CAB. This is most likely caused by low memory or currupted cabinet file. I have an up to date PC runnin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
makonnenl on
crosscheck9

red substance sprouting out of my 747..strange

hi, i just downloaded a 747, and i took off from riyadh's king khaled airport, but as i got the plane at a stable climb after takeoff, i went to the spot view, and noticed red dots sprouting all over the place, out of the rear end of the plane. it wa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Page 74 of 101