Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Guest Ed

GlobalFlyer around the world flight

I just came across an article in Aviation Week about this plane, the GlobalFlyer, which will be piloted by Steve Fosset to attempt the first around-the-world, no-refueling, solo flight. It is built by Scaled Composites, designed by Burt Rutan (who desig...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Cooking?

Hey guys, i'm making spagetti, but i found out i have no sauce, and i also have no cash, what would be a good alternative to spagetti sauce?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
makonnenl on
mypilot

photos

How do I submit an image for the "random image gallery."...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
RAF Tiger

Salute! and greetings from Red Baron 3D

Hello everyone, I thought I would stop by and let you know that there is a new utility for Red Baron 3D, A WWI flight sim which I believe many of you have played. There was a survey conducted of about 1,000 RB3D pilots, past and present, to determine w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RAF Tiger on
tomax7

Throttle troubleshooting

Hi All I've seen this happen before, for some reason any plane in FS2004 will not keep the throttle up, but after a few seconds revert back to idle speed. Even hitting F4 and taking off, then it cuts back to idle, I even see the throttle controls sl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomax7 on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Is this the Northern Lights?

I found these over the atlantic, as i was over Iceland i *think*...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
MRGPS

Intersections

If you are flying on V123 with intersections ABCDE and FGHI on the route for example. Let us assume you are now tracking outbound from XYZ VOR on 145 which is also part of V123. Now the Question, The Navlog will indicate the frequency of the VOR XYZ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
dollarbill

Downloading Super Twin Otter Aircraft - DH6-300 "Vistal

I downloaded the aircraft and extract the zip file, when I clicked on the aircraft folder Flight Simulator came up but then I got a error message that states "Corrupt file abort". Does anyone know what might have occurred?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Scotteiboi

RADARMAN HELP!

Radarman: Ok i just got my ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 256mb card and I installed it and everything, and i have worse performance than i did beofre, there is MAJOR aliasing in FS, did i do something wrong *hoping* because if not i am sending this thing back....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
horrgakx

Can anyone help with 737NG from PDMG?

A very comprehensive aircraft pack, but a couple of questions if anyone can help please? 1) How the chuff do you start the engines manually? 2) Where's the GPS? Please don't say it's been replaced by the flight computer.... 3) You're able to change ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
crosscheck9

autopilot and engine use in the following A300

Hi, I downloaded the a300 air inter and air france by benoit gaurant found here... (last download) http://www.simviation.com/fs2004jets66.htm but I dont know how to start the engines and use the autopilot manually. Its alot more complicated than a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
crosscheck9

cannot connect to multiplayer

hi, i have a problem. everytime i try to connect to multiplayer, the sim freezes. it doesnt crash. it just stays there, not responding to anything. here are my specs. if you need anymore just ask. i dont know what info is necessary to solve such a p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
crosscheck9

a few questions about fsuipc

can someone please explain fsuipc to me. i dont get the concept, or the installation. well, actually, i think it would be better if you i give you the foreward on all of this. i downloaded this nice panel for a plane, and i installed everything without...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Listening in on VATSIM ATC

Hello, im trying to connect to an busy airport and just listen to ATC to get the hang of it. Im part of DVA, and maybe you can help me with this emblem. I downloaded the Online Flying Kit, and i start up SBrelay then i have to go to multiplayer and press ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Adisz

Minor Problem

Hi Does anyone know if there is a way to steer the aircraft during pushback ? I use to think it was Shift + 1 & 2. but that just brings up the panel,GPS etc. :cry: any help would be much appreciated 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
originalgrunge

Taxi Speed for AI aircraft

So I remember reading the post a while back, but I've been unable to find it again. How do you alter the taxi-speed for the AI aircraft? Some days when I'm flying out of JFK or LGA the problem isn't the rediculous amounts of traffic (thank you UT), but it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
CaptDennison

BEWARE of FSAutoStart v1.1

I put it on my system, and yesterday, the computer had a problem and froze up while starting FS2004. When I reset the computer, it came up with a WINDOWS notice that my operating system was going to shut down in 3 days unless I re-register it with Microso...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Chris102

Radarman: Recycle Bin Problems

Remember how my recycle bin was fixed? It's full again! Now I believe what you said - Windows DOES do some wierd things!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
tricky2070

Settings-Graphics Problem

Hi all it's been awhile since iv'e been on this site busy with work and all that anyway i've not played fs2004 for awhile now so i thought i'd have a go but iv'e run into a problem i cannot move the sliders in the graphics option in settings everything is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
crosscheck9

terminology

in ifr, when the controller clears me for a r/w, i request a change of runway, so lets say instead of taking 26r, i ask for 26l. the controller tells me continue inbound on the ils for r/w 26r, sidestep r/w 26l. does that mean he declined my request. t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
crosscheck9

waypoints

can someone please explain to me the concept behind waypoints. I dont see how you can program the plane to turn in midflight, cause planes just dont do that. can someone explain this briefly to me. thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
mypilot

KDEN (Denver Intl)

I flew from PANC (Anchorage Intl) to KDEN (Denver Intl) yesterday in a 747. When I landed I taxied to gate G2. There was no yellow lines on the taxiways. Can anyone help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Chris102

Slow Computer

My computer has been working slow. Would this help quicken the pace? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1074787987929&skuId=6308131&type=product It's a 512MB memory stick....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Vin4evr on
99jolegg

For RadarMan or anyone with PC knowledge!!

Hi, I was wondering, what could I upgrade my video card and RAM to, to make the computer run more smoothly. At the moment, FS04 sometimes runs slowly and the FPS's are quite low sometimes. PC Specs at the moment: Windows XP Pentium 4 2.66 Ghz 5...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
sylvan

Sat Nav photos

I'm working on some AFCADS for military bases and for realism would like to get hold of some satelite photos. My searches have come up with zilch apart from being able to use aerial photos that Airliners.net have. Most of the bases I won't are in Africa a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sylvan on
nycnewbie

USB vs. serial w/USb adapter

Hi all, I am under the impression that the USB versions of the CH yoke and rudder are better than the serial or gameport versions. My question is this, is the USB version of these things better than the gameport or serial version with the USB adapter plu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Chris102

Saitek X45 Flight Stick

I was at Best Buy and they had these Saitek joysticks that came with a seperate throttle. Are they worth it? http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/x45.htm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
morten123

Dead reckoning

Hi just wondering if there is a way to remove the plane icon on the map and disable the funcion that makes the map zoom in on your plane each time you open the map. Maybe there is a addon map, i have searched around, but i have not found anything. Im ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morten123 on
PierreL

FS2004 File location

I have discovered this folder: C:\Documents and Settings\MyOwnName\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files which stores something like history of flights. I do not want any userdata under C to facilitate backups and leave space for system files. Can I rel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PierreL on
Lovebug

Saitek Joystick Problem

I bought myself a Saitek Cyborg 3D force feedback joystick and it calibrates ok in windows XP control panel. But when tyrying to fly in FS2004, particulaly when trying to taxi or take off it seems to be very sensitive and will generally pull to one si...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
99jolegg

What are slats?

Hi, I was wondering, what is the difference between flaps and slats, I know that flaps are on the back of the wing and that slats are at the front of the wing, but what do they do and do all aircraft have them? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
sfetty

Mt Rushmore on FS2004

How do you find Mt Rushmore on FS2004? I fly north like it says in the description, but I haven't found it yet. Maybe I am just blind 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sfetty on
Diaper Rash

ILS Approach

I'm relatively new to Flight Sims (FS2004) and I'm eagerly trying to figure things out. When on an ILS approach, I've been lined up to the runways, but the altitude has not never been right. What am I doing wrong? Also, I'd like to learn more about...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Scotteiboi

Nvidia 66.93 Driver Problems

I just updated to driver 66.93 and now FS is all squirrelly, anyone know how to fix it? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
Chris102

Steering Wheel

Does a yoke work better than a joystick?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Anyone heard from CDR?

Just wondered, he was so active on the forum not a month ago....hope he's ok...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Looking for a fleet

Where could I go to get the entire Northwest or American Airlines fleets?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Chris102

Boeing 777

This is a very random question, but... How do you pronounce the name of the Boeing 777? I call it the "seven-seventy-seven", but on Jeopardy some guy called it the "tripple 7", and I've heard "seven-seven-seven". So how do you say it? 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
mypilot

What are the Ranks?

This is a random question but just out of curisosity what are "ranks" like first officer, captain, or trainee....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
mypilot

[ Poll ] flight plans

Is it realistic for commercial jets to use "direct route" flying IFR at 36,000 feet ....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
earthdance

new to fsim9 and having problems

Hi I just got fsim9 installed on my system: celeron 1.4 Ghz 512 Ram 64 MB shared video card (no 3d graphics) I was playing for over 4 hours non-stop and when I was flying over Manhattan area I was chasing another plane flying near me when my c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
The Anonymous Guest

Virtual Airline

I was reading the section on Virtual Airline in the learning center, and it struck my attention. But it doesnt tell me where to go to learn more about it or even where to sign up for it. Does anyone know?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mypilot

altimeter in 737?

On the altimeter in the default 737 is an orange triangle on the outer part of the altimeter. There is also a knob that turns it. This is also an orange triangle. Does anyone one know what this is?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
shamir fersobe diaz

fs2006

1-moving gates 2-when you chose to appear in gates they put you like in 5 meters along the gate,so to put you within the gate like for 5cm. 3-to have moving catering,pushback,fueling trucks,follow me in all airports 4-to request help to the cont...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
myrikal20 on

Circle to Runway???

IFR Approach and ATC says... cleared to land RWY 4L circle RWY 22R or sumthing and i was like.....what? what do i do to land like that....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
crosscheck9

unexpected prob w/sim

i just joined cpavirtual.org, and i downloaded the fleet and things like that etc, but i have one problem, but first let me fill you in on the background. i have the 737-700 continental, and that was what i was going to use, seeing as how i joined contin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Chris102

Painting Terminal Building

Hi If you look at my signature..... Then this screenshot........ You'll see that they look nothing alike (both are of KAVP.) Is there a program that I can use to paint the terminal yellow and add the red sign to the building?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
horrgakx

Difference between car and light aero engines?

Does anyone know what the difference between car and aero engines is? I mean, with modern cars their engines out-perform aero engines in light aircraft now in terms of power and management. I know altitude would have to be taken into account but all m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Fire_Emblem_Master

[ Poll ] Poll: How much would you pay for FS06

I'm not sure, so i wondered what we all thought...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on

screen capture

hi everyone, where can i download a good screenshot capture program. thanks and happy flying...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Page 92 of 111