Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

PM SOUNDS

OK, I dl'd PM Sounds, but hpw do I register it with FSUIPC? I don't have a registered version of FSUIPC...might be an issue....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
Scotteiboi

Elkin or TTT I need your help...

How do you install Nicks Prop Dust onto jets? I know it can be done... Thanks! :-)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
Scotteiboi

Jetblast....

I saw the earlier topic on the same thing...so how do you install it into jets??? :umm...:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
Micah

instrument only landings

Hi, I want to hear from anyone who can land larger jets with instruments only, ie no external view and or poor visability. Tell me how the hell you do it!! Height isn't a huge prob but lining up the runway is! 😛...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
Elkin

How can I show my appreciation?

I figured I have received enough support from all you wonderful folks, and this wonderful forum site, the least I could do was pay the skinny ass fee (Oooops! can I say that?) of 5 bones. !!!! I have dealt with a lot of forums and I have allways come ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
tomthetank

Auto land

😀 I see a lot of posts about autoland and how do you do it,well you need an aircraft with this feature and fs9 has none.....................but you can add a panel "greg737.zip" to the default 737 or any other twin engine jet and get the full...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Ohiosimmer on
Gunner

Heavy Jet assistance

Need some heavy jet help. Airspeed indicates I am overspeed at around 350 knots when the class of aircraft is capable of much more. Also, around 12,000 feet, the aircraft pitches up, stalls, and I loose around 6,000 feet on autopilot. I can climb past ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkin on
Mifares

i make the download of a plane, and now what i have to do?

:oops:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jimimac

service pack 2 update

just recieved my sp2 update disc today, i have avg and sygate firewall running so dont know if i need to install sp2 i only have fs9 on my pc, also has anyone had problems after the update, what do you recommend. jimimac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Flyaway

Flight Simulator 2004 Update

In a surprise announcement that is sure to please flightsim fans, Microsoft has announced that there will be an update for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century Of Flight. Responding to customer feedback, the update will address performance and stabi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Ice2004

ZoneAlarm

Zone alarm blocks of my Multiplayer access: (sorry if double post) iceman...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
riskyplay

INSTRUMENT PANEL IS BLACK

Ive read similar posts where it said it was a geforce problem, Well i just have a shitty 64mg card in right now cause it did the same with my 9200 ati and it still is black.. please help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jonnymagics2003

ILS Tuning

Hi everyone, While playing FS2004 i can only carry out visual landings and getting abit bored - would like to know how to do ILS landings. I understand the basic principle of ILS, but can anyone tell me how i find the ILS frequency and tune it in while o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
Michael_H

Default 737 instrument lights ??

I have noticed that if I turn on my nav lights, my instrument lights come on bright. It seems the only way I can dim them is to shut off the nav lights. Am I missing something obvious here? I do most of my flying at night so it is aggravating. I only ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
Av8r77

Voice Recognition

Is anyone using any voice recognition add-ons? http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/ I downloaded this, but not sure if I want to take the time to add it. I just figured out how to add icons to my existing panel so that I can open up all my ext...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

I cannot back-up my #4 cd..

u say tht it is legal to back-up the #4 cd but i cannot> It says tht it has copyright. what should i do?thank you in advance.. 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Xpilot

Callsigns

Hello fellows, I'd like to ask,I've got such problem,some of my callsigns from PMDG 737 NG don't call by ATC during flight,for example they call Scandinavian(SAS),but don't for Easy (Jet) ❓ Any suggestions? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Xpilot on
michlin

Garmin GPS 500 Manuals

Has anyone downloaded the actual Garmin GPS 500 manuals for the purpose of learning how to program the "500" and use in FS9? I found the Garmin GPS 500 manuals (.PDF) at Garmin: GPS 500 Manuals...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
Av8r77

[ Poll ] How many hours a week do you sim?

Was just wondering what everyone's time in the "cockpit" looks like....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Brook

Some stick time

Hi all...haven't posted in a long time. Haven't been FSimming much either but I thought I'd share this with you... This past weekend I had the pleasure of riding in the right seat of a 1968 Mooney (http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=286)...So...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
knife

www.flight.com02.com

I need youre help! can you give me some feedback website is it good? what should i change. thanks Emil Almestad...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Joe Papp

F-102 Patch, Gauges...adding on

I've gotten my F-102*.zip installed, and the aircraft comes up beautifully. However, there is a file called "Gauges" and I don't know where to put it. Looks like I'm missing 80% of the panel gauges. (Talk about S.O.P. flying!) Any advice? Sen...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Av8r77

Go/Rotate

OK, so here's one that is burning at me. There is no way to calculate a go speed for the CRJ. This is the speed that it is impossible to stop by the end of the runway and you are committed to take off. Thus, any emergency would then become an airborn...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Av8r77 on
Agus0404

I'm back!

Hello everybody! I am back after a looooong time that I didn't have Internet so I couldn't log in to this web site and others. Buy, anyway, now I have my Internet back. I moved on to another house, as I said before, and here I am, enjoying my new house. O...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
MILEHIGH2

FS 2004 loading problems

I'm having toruble loading FS 2004 on my machine - it just hangs on the startup screen. I've tried loading it several times (complete, compact), and still the same problem. Also won't work in safe mode. I have an HP P4 2.66GHz w/ 1 GB RAM, nVidia GeFor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
glen4cindy

Autopilot GPS Approach

I have been playing around with Flight Simulator for a very long time, but, I still don't really know how to fly correctly on my own. I also cannot navigate using VOR to VOR yet. I am trying to learn. I also don't even know how to fly an approach eithe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Claude217

ATIS

How far out of an airport to get its ATIS, Most of the time, I get ILS clearance from controller giving me Rwy in use. I would like to get ATIS prior to descend so I can organize my radios for ILS landing or GPS....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Av8r77 on
leadfoot

Download problems

:evil: Hey folks, you have a problem with one of your airplane downloads. I tried to dnld the Cessna Citation 550 on pg 2. of your jet list only to get this damned incredifind crap. It says that link does not exist :evil: I don't by it for a second....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
Xpilot

How to start flight with cold and dark cockpit?

How to start flight with cold and dark cockpit? (From "Create flight"). And how can I use Sid's/Star's in IFR flight if controllers give vectors all the time? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
RadarMan

****2004 Adventures****

2004 Adventures These are by Steve (Bear) Cartwright. http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Cartwright&CatID=fs2004&Go=Search These are by Doherty (some of Cartwright's mixed in). http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Dohert...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Xpilot

Paint-kits!

Hi there, I've just downloaded pain-kit from PMDG web-site for 737NG,who knows where I should put the folder which I've unzipped and how to start working with this paint-kit? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
tomthetank

Fraps

😀 Just a quick note for all who have tried Fraps,but had problems(I know I did) There is a new version available here ➡ http://www.fraps.com/ The trial version gives you 30 seconds of recording time(which is plenty with the movie ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on

FS2004 - is it hard for newbies?

I am considering purchasing FS2004; I live near a small private airport in Texas and really love to watch the planes take off and land. I have debated several times whether to take flying lessons or not (its mostly a matter of money 😞 ) So, i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Steeev on
CaptainBlackadder

ILS

Hi I want to find out more about ILS landings. Has anyone got any good pointers? Captainblackadder...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
alp tansel

fs2006 requests

about the atc *speed restrictions above and below 100 which quite frequently can be heard thru appcon and center during the real time. *connected to that atc can verify and ask or request our vertical speed which can be critical sometimes both in real ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
alp tansel on
The-GPS-Kid

NAVIGATION

I thought it may be interesting to start a topic where people can share their main methods of navigation within FS2004.... Successfull Navigation can seem like a black art when you are first learning about Aviation Simulation so if anyone wants to shar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Alex87 on
Gast

Nvidia 61.77 Drivers

Just tried the Nvidia 61.77 driver on Geforce 4 MX400. Nice improvement of framerate with AA but 2D panels are now twice as wide as normal if AA is anything else than "OFF". Does anybody have a clue ? Regards, Peter...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Gast on
new simmer

still trying to figure out how to get those perfect landings

I hope some pne can help me again...... You know when you are approaching an airport to make a landing ....ATC acually guides you in and usually instruct you to go down most of the time to 2300 feet.......well that kinda makes it hard to pick up the gl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
originalgrunge

FMC manuals

Hey all, I've just been flying my airbus a310-300 from SSW, and I've got some basic basic FMC commands down (like how to enter a flight plan), but there are SO MANY gaps in my knowledge. Does anyone have some good FMC manuals out there?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CaptainBlackadder

Pictures

Hi Guys, How do you get to tae a picture when your flying? There are so many good pictures on here and would like to take some of my flghts. Can you help? Captainblackadder...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 cd names

❓ anyone know the cd names for all four cds. Downloaded game through p2p, and I doesnt work without the original cd names, and I dont want to use a no cd crack...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Scotteiboi

I have made my decision...

I have decided to get an ATI Radeon 9800XT 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
dazla81

Will my PC run it

Im not sure if my computer will be able to play it or not, is it a complex game as i only have a pent 3 with a 256. It plays most games so i hope its ok....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Lovebug

Flight Replay

i am fairly new to fs2004 and just getting to grips with basic flying! However i have looked to see if there is a way of replaying a flight, is there a way of doing it? Also how to zoom camera views when in spot plane etc.? ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkin on
captaindave

FS REAL TIME

Hi, Ihave installed FS REAL TIME v 1.63.1 for fs9. can anyone please help me to set it up to work correctly.The problem i have is in the options/settings menu i dont know what to click on to enable/disable ie, auto connect to fs9 start auto update aut...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
captaindave on
Alex87

FS2004 Screenshots gallery

Hi, Could someone help me with this please. After submitting many of my screenshots of FS2004 over the last month or so, only one has actually been put up in the FS2004 screeshots gallery area. I can't understand why the others havn't been 'accepted' a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
JMI62M

Want a Tour for your VA?

Hello, I design professional tours for VA's, Networks, and anything else for virtual aviation. I can design VFR, IFR, Military, World Tours, Domestic, Regional, Anything you can think of for tours I can do it for you. Contact me at jmi62m@hotmail.com i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Fire_Emblem_Master

HA, and they thought Doom 3 was a frame monkey!

Well, the Polls are in. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, is, in fact, more of a frame hog than the long awaited Doom 3. Here's why! Person: ME Video card: X800XT PE Game:FS04/Doom3 Lowest frame hit for FS04: 8 Lowest Frame hit for Doom 3: 28 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
The-GPS-Kid

Slaving AP to GPS - IS IT FOR REAL ??

Hi all, I have a question that I hoped someone could answer (either a real world pilot or someone clued up on real planes) :- - As we know, on FS9 it is possible to SLAVE the AutoPilot to the GPS. - Is this possible in the real world ??? In oth...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on

mexico senery

can anybody tell me where i can get some good freeware airport senery for the country of Mexico? Thanks in advance. 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Page 100 of 111