Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Fire_Emblem_Master

MD-80 Reverse Thrust Modifications

Hello everyone. It's been a while! The other nite i was tinkering around with the MD-80, and i messed with its thrust, now the reverse goes back to 95%!!!!! It stops FAST. On a long runway, it can stop from 182KTS just fine!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
canada rox

MAIL IN REBATE?

i purchased fs9 off of amazon, the seller had given my a receit which he created, with the date and the sellers name, and amazon. will i be able to get the rabate with this receit ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
leadfoot

Editing problems 2

Anybody out there? please refer to Editing problems 1 I'd really like an answer, PILEEEEEAASE.--------- Ain't I a pain in the ass? :yes:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
snake670

ATC Hold Position while Taxiing

When the atc says hold position do you stop on the spot or do you wait until you come across the next yellow line and is there anyway that i can nget the atc to tell me where the fuel station is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
Ravishankar

Application development using Flight Simulator 2004

Hi Is it possible to develop stand alone applications using the Microsoft Flight Simulator? I understand SDKs are available to develop dials, scenery, etc, but am not sure whether I could develop stand alone exes using these SDKs and the Flight Simulat...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
canadarox

CD Crack Disk 4

is there some way that we can have a crack instead of outting the disk in everytime, i seen the link in another persons thread but you have to be a member can someone give me a link so i dunt have to be a member thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
paflightsimpilot on
leadfoot

Min thrust setting for 737?

Hey guys! Are you asleep out there? Can someone tell me if altering the min thrust setting will increase the thrust reverse capacity of the 737?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
shortyduall

Changing the CODE

I am interseted in changing the program code, so that I may decrease the recording interval times in Flight Video from the minimum 1/4 second to 1/16 or 1/32 and hopefully make video playback a little smoother. Also, I would like to increase the field of ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
shortyduall on
canadarox

Do you need disks 2 and 3

do you need disk 2 and three if so for wut?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
canadarox on
sk84baker

Do we need to have a joystick for fs04?

hi i was just wondering if i need to play with a joy stick or can you use your keyboard and mouse instead...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on

Giant chicken!!

Hi all, I just flew my KingAir 350 into La Paz, Bolivia, on my around-the-Pacific-rim tour (started in Hong Kong, going around the Pacific clockwise). I was surprised to find a giant chicken on top of a building near GA parking. At the northeast ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
The-GPS-Kid

Runway Indicators on GPS Airport Icons ??

Hi, Quite new to FS2004; Am I imagining it, or are there really thin, small lines on the Airport Icons within GPS that indicate the angle/degree of the runway(s) ?? I was flying Newcastle - Leeds/Bradford (UK) last night and as I approached Leeds...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
snake670

cruising with the 747

what is the average cruise speed for the 747 in Knots and is there banyway to get the airplane to fly straight as the nose is always pointed up is it ment to do this...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
leadfoot

Problems with cessna 337

I registered a complaint in the aircraft section of the forum concerning the new cessna 337. Tomthank responded very kindly to my complaint, and I apologized for being gruff to say the least. I was very hot under the collar when I tried to fly the 337, I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on

Frame Rate Drops!!!!!!! Help!!

hey guys i just got flight simulator 2004 but it is running too slow on my new pc! when i start in Heatrow Airport (EGLL), my fps is first 1.5 frames/sec and after a while it gets to 20+ frames/sec.. every 5 minutes (not exactly) there's a fps drop where ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on

How do you (save and) load a fully saved flight please ????

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to load up a fully saved flight from FS2004 ? I don't mean saving and loading a FLIGHT PLAN, I mean a full flight... I don't know if this is possible but surely it is ! I was flying a long-haul flight and clicked 'Alt' to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
naflod

Runways built on quicksand

Am I the only one who sets a flight plan, follows ATC carefully, flies for an hour or more to my destination, execute a near perfect approach, flare out to a soft touch down just to have my 737 sink below the runway in what appears to be quicksand? O...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Seem

Serious sound problem

When ever I play Flight Simulator 2004 about 3 mins into the game a high pitched noise will come through the speakers and all I can do is to restart the computer then the noise will go away. This happens only in FS2K4. I really need to fix that problem. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
cap_milo

system crash

Can anyone help? My fs 2004 is crashing to computer restart. It worked fine until I upgraded my memory to 768mb. Flying from Cardiff to Birmingham I have got no further than Brecon. The screen goes blank and the computer restarts. No error messages. I h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
snake670

cruise is a mistery

can somebody give me the average cruise speeds for the 737 747 and 777 and what is pitot heat and when do i use it i'm much abliged...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
maxjet38

recording video clips fs9

hello... can anyone tell me if there is a way to "tweak" the recording intervals, preferably to no intervals? The least fram rate from fs9 is 1/4 second. I rather have constant recording. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Flying in a box?

Quick question: I have a GeFoce FX 5700 card with 256 mb of RAM. So naturally I want to turn up the screen resolution. But whenever I notch it up to one of the higher settings, the screen shrinks a great deal. It's a good inch inside the edge of my ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jetman35

concord panel needed

Does anybody know where I can get the concord panel? Project Mach 2's website does not have the panels avaliable. 😳 JM...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
paflightsimpilot

Uploaded screenshot Help!

Hi Guys! I would like to share some of my screenshots with you all, but I dont see them. I have uploaded them a few days ago. Is there something I am doing wrong? I see that the PC is uploading the pic, but alas...no pics :cry: let me know! Thanks & h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
paflightsimpilot on
Darius_San

Cockpit view not visualizing flight instruments

After having installed FS2004 the main view doesn't visualize flight instruments below the scenery, all the lower half of the screen is completely BLACK. Somebody knows why? My PC has a Graphic adapter nVIDIA GeForce FX Go5600 with 64 MB; Windows XP a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
missusbeastly on

Cowl Flaps

What do they do? What do I need to do with them? 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
coolsan

VOR's, DME's and F/D

Finally I'm managing ils landings, but the other day I was given vectors for a dme vor approach and had no idea what to do. I know vor's are basic navigational aids but I have never been able to figure them out.....What I did was tune NAV 2 to the vor fre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
coolsan on
matt212004

How do i land a boeing?

hi guys, i cannot seem to land! i just crash everytime! please take me through a landing guys.....thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KurtPStevens on
snake670

I HATE ILS

i cant intercept the localizer when flying ils do i have to enter something in the nav radio or what. must i be at the exact altitude or something what is the secret i never hear the outer marker even though the ATC tells me im entering ILS this is a desp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KurtPStevens on
patw

Saitek stearing to the left

I have purchased the Saitek force feedback Joystick, I installed the software as described and plugen in the joystick when instructed. setup the told me it was complete and calibration was not required, but each time I taxi and take off the aircraft turns...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Paiute on
cat19_hitman

Registration

I have registered and made the $5 payment at this site but I cannot download anything. Everytime I try and login it says incorrect login. What is the problem?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
peterashuk

Carb Heat Control

Can anyone tell me how to make the carb heat control visible on a Cessana 150 or 152 ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
ArchAngel_06

Screenshots?

How do I take screen shots and what folder can i find them in?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Fire_Emblem_Master

wow, old speech i found!

Wow, i'm a Captain now! Gosh, i just wish it would work that way in real life! That's cool. Well, anyway, i would like to extend a thanks to everyone at Flyawaysimulation. You guys are great! And this website is excellent! It seems odd, but people that fl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Micah on
Fire_Emblem_Master

No GPS for Concorde

😳 Question...On the Project Mach 2 Concorde panel, there's no GPS or map button...where are they? ❓ and how would i make one appear? I'm using the 8.53 MB panel, its the one where you don't choose your panel, you get one, it resembles the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Micah

Help me with my graphics...PLEASE!!!

I have a sony vaio laptop, 2.6gig, 64mb graphics card - radeon shared memory, 512ddram and i cant upgrade at the mo so please help me get the best from my computer for flight sim as getting v low frame rates. Desktop settings and settings within the gane...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
wrightyway

A way to have ATC text appear only when directed to me?

Hello everyone, Does anyone know if there's a way to have the ATC text information only appear when instructions are intended for me? Its a shame having all the other traffic ATC comms also appear, it gets in the way of some amazing scenary. Kind...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Arkydave on
robbier

Please Read!

can someone please post some installation instructions for aircraft? Thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
robbier on
Infared-Guest

No Radio Contact in FS2000?

hi guys, SORRY IF ITS A STUPID QUESTION! i played fs2002 or fs2004 wid my friend, in it u can ask for clearance and switch stations when the tower tells u wat to press. but in fs2000, i cant find those options, the tower doesnt even speak to me, i j...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
robbier on
Jonflight

can't get download to flight sim

I can get the download to my computer but can't get it onto flight sim 2004 can someone help ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
robbier on
Mor

MASSIVE DOWNLOAD FOR F11 STEALTH FIGHTER PROBLEMS HELP!!!!!

I have got the plane working but i have 3 probs . 1.No Cockpit View 2.No Sound 3.Cant get of the ground HELP...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
rcj

bad ATC directions

Normally after takeoff,ATC will give a few different headings before I finally get a heading that puts me on course for my destination.The last four flights I have been on,ATC gives the first few heading instructions,but they never give the heading that p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rcj on

LOst c.d

Where can i get a replacement flight sim 2004 disc 4?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
davec

Off-set splash screen

Just a little niggle and I can live with it - the initial splash screen for FS2004 displays away to the right of the screen (below) while the program is loading. It does correct itself when program is loaded. Wonder if there are some progammers who can t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davec on
rcj

computer crashes to blue screen on long flights

On long flights,over two hours,as I am being vectored in by ATC for an ILS approach,my computer crashes to a blue screen.This has happened four consecutive times,and it always happens as I am getting close to landing.I can do shorter flights without any p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rcj on
jimimac

missing scenery in fs9

i reinstalled windows xp and fs9 which was working great but had to do a reinstall of fs9 cause i messed some files up, but now scenery is not running properly i get a error message when loading fs9, attempting to open a non existent directory, i have don...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
blackrose31

Spot-plane viewing angle

Hi there. Maybe I'm being a bit thick here but how do you view the plane from different angles in the spot plane view? In previous versions, e.g. FS2000 and FS2002 you could go into view options and a red line would be present in the 3D view. You could cl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
leadZERO

Panel Troubles

Anyone else ever have the Learjet 45 airspeed indicator stop working? It's driving me nuts. Everytime I depart it seems it goes out and I have to reload the aircraft multiple times as it keeps doing it every few minutes. I have ActiveSky2004, FSPIPC, Squa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadZERO on
orson

ATI Radeon 9600SE

Anyone have the ATI Radeon 9600SE 128MB AGP video card and would like to offer an opinion? Also, is $120 US a good price?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Garren

McDonnel Douglas sounds a little odd...

I recently downloaded a MD DC-10 in a FedEx livery, but when loading it up I get the Cessna cockpit and sounds. Either the files have ended up in the wrong place, which I find hard to believe, as it's a simple enough process, or they didn't come with a s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Page 103 of 111