Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Fire_Emblem_Master

General Humor I have heard

My mom thought a "Visual Approach" mean that the passengers could see the runway. My Friend believe whole-heartedly that the Jet engine stemmed from the Vacuum. My english teacher thought that a trip on the Concorde would cost 1,500 dollars. Anot...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CDR on
OrlandoGeorge

Fly To Hawaii 2004

Anyone know if FlightSoft's 'Fly To Hawaii 2004' has started to ship yet? --Anybody got it yet? I ordered it about a month ago or so. If you want to get it and/or read about it you can find it here on FlyAway and follow the link to the information & o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
Lennon

Problems with Fs 2004 texture

Hi everybody ! I have a problem with fs 2004 and hope you can help me. When I launch fs 2004 and I choose a flight , for example Meigs Feild I have problems in loading textures outside the airports ( I don't see water, I don't see land, just grey). Whil...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CDR

NOW HAVE OFFICIAL MEMBERSHIP

Thanks all for the help as I now can sign in here As you know I'm new to this forum. George - CDR...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
crosscheck9

cabin crew

does anybody know where i can download the cabin crew talking to the passengers and giving them the safety information. That would be really cool and realistic. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Funny Airplane story

Ok, It was my first time flying transatlantic, and also my first time flying in a 747. We were on approach, and I did not sleep at all, so i'm running on 30+ hours without sleep. I heard a noise, later, another, and another. So i moved over to look out t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
crosscheck9

weird captain...?

Hey, The other day, a friend of mine was enroute from Oklahoma to London, but he said that the captain said, that they would takeoff and climb to 30,000, and then, once over the atlantic, they would ascend to 33,000. Is this normal...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
swanno30

Greg737 Sounds

Hi, I recently downloaded and installed the above and when I boot it up everything is there, I get the buttons, the announcements, all gauges are up and running. Start to taxi and when I flick between the different views the sound just crashes on me...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
OrlandoGeorge on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Help me study!

what is the main difference between the 757-200 and 767? What is a NAT? What location does the FMC point 5140N refer to? and finally, What is the minimum safe altitude approach into McCarran International Airport (KLAS) from the east? Or where woul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Matthew Short on
crosscheck9

kissing the ground on base....

Hi, On a flight to DFW from Orlando, (same flight mentioned in the topic "go around again", I noticed that as the conrtoller got me on base, I was just a few hundred ft from the ground. I dont understand. That got me a little nervous, but the airport...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Matthew Short on
Finnair

fs2004 won't start anymore (even after reinstalling)

Here's the problem: I lost my cd4, and luckily found out that theres a no-cd crack. i installed it, but when i tried to run the game, it just stucked on the opening screen. I re-installed the whole game (borrowed the cd4), and didnt use the cd-crack anymo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Agus0404

Help with Hardware settings

Hello dear pilots! I re-installed my FS2004 and now I have all my settings messed up. I tried to put some of them in their correct place, but some of them, specially the hardware settings, I don't remeber their place. Can you guys help me set the settings...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Matthew Short

joy sticks

Hi! One quick question. I have a Logtech Wingman Strike Force 3D joystick and the rudder always goes to the right! If you know something, please respond. I could really use the help. Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Chris102

Bremen Scenery

I read all the readme's and files, but I can't figure out how to get the stairs to come over to the plane. Can someone help me? ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
maddoc

Blohm und Voss 141

Well I've been sitting here in my submarine U593 in Texas, wondering if the whole place was going to get washed away. Good time as any to develope a hunchback hovering over a keyboard. My latest project was a Blohm und Voss 141. A very odd assymetric airp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
maddoc on
NeoMorph

a340 pro help

i juat bought a340 i have a manual and it says about the emgs and init i have to open the mcdu panel and using the keypad enter cyyz/kord press lsk1r (line select key, 1 right side for from/to but when i do nothing appears on the from/to orange lines ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
crosscheck9

go around, again

Hi, Again, today, I was on short final at DFW from Orlando, and I was asked to go around, but he made me travel 23 miles before getting me on base again. That stinks. But you have to take into consideration that I didnt raise flaps, I just increased ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
crosscheck9

climbs

Hi, I have a quick question if you dont mind. You know how when your climbing, after 10,000ft AGL, your supposed to reduce the climb rate to accelrate to your cruise speed, well, lets say ur in the default 777 or 737, what should your new climb rate be ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
crosscheck9

IFR

Hey, I think the IFR system in the flight sim is set up incorrectly, because half way through a long haul over the atltantic, the controller makes me make turns left and right. Does anybody know how to correct this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Micah

restoring smoke effects etc

Hi Guys, Probably been asked before loads of times, but how do you restore smoke and tyre effects on landing as i seem to have lost them! Not the same landing without all of the tyre rubber burning before you!! Cheers :twisted:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
DATTEK

User32.DLL Error

This is the error I get. AppName: fs9.exe.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.30612 ModName: user32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1106 Offset: 0000a324 I have a P4 2.5GHz, 1.2GB RDRAM, GeForce 3 nVidia Card w/ 64MB. I have the game installed in a different partion in order...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DATTEK on
The-GPS-Kid

CH Yoke AND a Joystick at the same time ?

Here's a question for the Techie people on the forum :- I'm going to buy the CH Flight Sim Yoke in January, but I was wondering - will I be able to use it simultaneously with my Logitech 3D Force Feedback Joystick ? There are several reasons why I w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
jimimac

fs9 makes my pc restart after about 5 minutes

fs9 runs for about 5mins then my pc re-boots and i get a message windows has recovered from a serious error, i replaced the graphic card but this did not help, i also get message monitor out of range, i did a reformat but had trouble installing xp pro, it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rambunctious on
crosscheck9

if you know anything about fshost, PLEASE READ

Hi, Im not exactly sure about what FSHost is supposed to do. I think it is supposed to show you various ip addresses which are active, but if Im correct, then i dont know how to work with it. If you know anything about this, PLEASE HELP, Any help woul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
brian_lds

fs2004 cd2

My cd got scratched and broken, I don't know how. But I can't install the game in my pc. I'd like to get all files from the cd, if someone could send the MSGAME's files to me please do it. My msn is briandp87@hotmail.com. Please help me. You can send me ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
rowen1981

how can change all the lenguage om my fs2004

Hi I have a fs4 in english but I want change all the word in italian how can do? Someone don't krow if there are a file that can do it? tanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

is it real?

Hey, The other day, I was watching a couple of videos at www.a340.net and I couldn't help but notice one thing. There was footage of the a340 pushingback, except, when I looked at their N1 gauges they were at 0. When they finished pushback, the sta...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Scotteiboi

WTF IS THIS!??

Can somebody help me here???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
rafferty5268

FS2004 - Concorde Always Stalls

Anyone tell me please why Concorde takes off on a FS Navigator 4.5 flightplan - climbs to a modest altitude then insists on diving into the ground even whether reheat is on or off? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
makonnenl

FlightDeck Companion

Do you think adding this software is like adding more mess or adding more ease? Is it worth it buying ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
The-GPS-Kid

TTT - The GPS kid is in Newport this weekend !

Hey TTT, I'm down in Newport this weekend with the missus.... We're visiting my sisters new house, it's the new houses near the canal / river ..... (called Feering Street)... Make the weather good for me !...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
crosscheck92

Landing Bounces

Hey, I have a question about touchdown, with the 757. Everytime I come to land, I flare right past the threshold to 7-8 degrees, but once the plane touhcesdown, it bounces back up, then touches again and rolls to a stop. Can anyone tell me how I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Murdock

Nvidia Driver

Hi If you are having proplems with the anti-aliasing option on FS2004. And you are using the Nvidia MX440 card then make sure you don't have the LATEST driver installed. I download this driver and what happend was the 2D cockpit would explode out o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Smokeyone

more laptops

After taking advice from this group I have stretched the budget. Should this laptop be okay with Micro Flight 2004. Acer Aspire 1355LC Athlon 2600+ 512 MB DDR (2 lots 256) 40GB hd CD-RW+DVD Combo 15" tft display runs win xp Thanks Smokeyo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Smokeyone on
jimmyglockner

Cleveland (KCLE) runway missing

Hi all. Been a while. Flying into Cleveland (KCLE) noticed the runway 6L/24R is not listed or shown on flight sim 2004. Happy flying everyone Jimmy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
Chris102

TV Planes

I'm currently making planes with themes of TV shows. Right now I'm making Jerry Springer and Murder She Wrote planes. If anyone would like one, please contact me. :radar:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
kevin2003

Strange sounds during takeoff roll

Here's a small distraction from the earnest work of preparing our letters to Santa.Imagine,if you will, a small man(or woman) rattling a bucket of rusty spanners in your ear everytime you're on a take off roll. Such is the sound coming from my speakers fr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jimmyglockner

Meigs Field destroyed by Mayor Daley

😞 .. I found out today that Chicago Mayor Daley has destroyed the Meigs Field airport outside Chicago. This is per AOPA. We can still fly into the field on flight sim but it does not exist in real life. Jimmy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
NeoMorph

request taxi to the gate ? or maybe not

i have a problem when i land and request taxi to the gate. Atc allways send me to remote stands at every airport i have laned at. Is this correct or is something wrong ?? 🙄...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
OrlandoGeorge on
Scarfone

CH Flight Yoke & Thrustmaster Rudder Problems

I need some serious help. I have tried everything I can think of and searched the web to no evail. Heres the low down: FS2004, WinXP, Dell Dimension 8100 1.3 P4, CH Flight Yoke Gameport Virtual Pilot (gray one), Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals Gameport....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on
crosscheck9

ATC, quick question

Hey, I just wanted to ask, in real life, doesn't the Tower instruct the aircraft on whether to slow down, and how fast to decend, i dont know if this is true, and if it is, i dont know if it is only in IFR flight, or both (VFR). Please help. If what I'm s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Cobra78

Condition Zero No CD Crack

I tried using your Condition Zero no cd crack, but i didnt quiet get it to work. Can anyone please explain it to me to how to make it work ❓ I would really appreciate your help, Thank you 😛 You can download Counter Strike: Conditio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DAL737 on

I have the localizer, but glideslope is missing

I am doing the same things i did in fs2000, but I can't get the glideslope to light up ( I do have the localizer). The airport has it available, the freq is right, i set it to NAV and tried different altitudes, but no luck. I have even reinstalled and n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
michlin

Handy Sheet 3.0

Here's a cool little reference chart that some may find useful. 🙂 http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/hs30.htm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
OrlandoGeorge on
The-GPS-Kid

ADJUSTING THE "PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE" SETTING ??

Hi all, I'm having a problem with how impatient ATC are within the Sim, if I don't immediately respond to their instructions. What I mean is that I'm flying a route and all is fine, then I pop out of the room for 2 minutes to get a cup of char, and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
whitenack

refurbished stick?

I am shopping for my first flight stick for my first flight simulator. I don't have to have the best. Therefore, I am looking for something in the sub $30 range. I see Ebay has a few Logitech 3D Pro's for auction very cheap. The only drawback is the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
ortegren

Approach using the APP mode in Autopilot

I have a slight problem doing an ILS approach using the Autopilot. I normally do this manually (just for the fun of it ;-) but I have tried a couple of times to use the APP mode of the Autopilot. What happens is that when I try to intercept the glideslope...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Smokeyone

Laptops

I realise microsoft flight 2004 will not have sparkling performance on a laptop but will it be okay on a Pentium III 700MHz with 128Mb memory and 10GB hard disk. It's a refurbished IBM Thinkpad T20 but before I buy I was hoping to check the flight option...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Smokeyone on
crosscheck9

taxiing

hey, does any1 understand how ur supposed to taxi at idle, eg. when i taxi the 737, i have to stay at around 40% N1 thrust. plz help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Ohiosimmer

B747 Approach speed

What is the ideal approach and final approach KIAS for the 747, it seems like I always come in too slow....... Thank you all....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Page 96 of 111