Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

deKoven

Now here's something for you dictionary folks!

Questions: :oops: Cowl Flaps (what are they for and do I adjust them?) Pitot and pitot tube? VOR2 Indicator (what's it for? Do I set it somehow?) Boost Pump (do I use this? What for?) Why the reference to Altimeter 2992? Are we stuck at t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
dan666

fLight 2004 Problem

Whenever i try to take of a plane in flight sim 2004 it just veers off to the left!! Can any1 help?? I never had this problem with flight 98 and 2000 Dan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
slip-stream

intercepting the localiser?

Does intercepting the localiser simply mean 'turning onto runway heading'. I realise in the 737 you should be at flaps 5, 180kias at this stage. But at what distance from the runway? Because theoretically you could turn onto runway heading at any dist...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
dkozin

Ultimate Traffic

Radarman, you were right. I am at our local Detroit (KDTW) and taxiing after just purchasing Ultimate Traffic. The terminal is full of Northwest, as I would expect, also UPS, Southwest... the airports have come alive. I want to let everyone know that a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dkozin on
harleyman

Mr. Davec

Just wanted to let you know that We'll all be here when you get back home....Are you staying in hospital for long....Getting a bypass or something......???????? You will be fine...Any ol bird that loves to fly won't stay down long.... AnyHow...J...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Age range

Following up on Jetman's topic, what is our age range here anyway? I always thought that FS's were for kids...that was a long time ago mind you. Personally, im 16...can drive, so stay off the roads lol...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
Arkydave

Dumb ATC

I suppose some who have been flying MSFS longer than I will have experienced this, but it was new to me. Last night I was flying a route assignment for my VA. I was offline, and on a KLAS to MMTJ leg high altitude IFR. All was normal until the sim ATC sta...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
harleyman

While sitting here,,5:15 AM my time ..Happily reading and typing away I noticed something I have never seen.... A PURPLE DINO next to my user name........OK now....How did that get there and just what does it mean??????lol 😳 You must thin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Paiute

Mt. Rushmore in FS2004 is Dismal

I flew a Skyhawk past the Mount Rushmore Memorial. It was really pathetic, and I did not recognize it at first. The heads of the four Presidents were sticking up like the the heads of "bobble-head" dolls-- without the bobble bodies. The people of Sout...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dkozin on
jetman35

Attention all fliers! I was curious on where everybody is from ❓ Me personally... San Clemente, CA JetMan35...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on
clouddancer6673

bad disk 4/flight sim 2004

I bought flight sim 2004 last week and my number four(4) disk is corrupted. When I try to download disk 4 all I get is distortion. Is there anything I can do about this problem?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
harleyman

Where Is That RadarMan????????

Been flying low lately,,,,under the radar???????? Haven't seen you in a bit...... Pull back on the stick,,raise your altitude to 3000 so you can be seen.....LOL 🙄...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
harleyman on
dkozin

Being a kid again

Being a Kid Again: Before last night, I was a very casual and very new FS user: I appreciated the graphics, was fascinated with gauges, knobs and physics, and have always had a healthy love for planes and trains. I have never piloted a real life plane ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dkozin on
MBARIL

NO-CD PATCH

Hi everyone, I can download aircraft but cannot install the no-cd for my FS2004, any help would be appreciate...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
hyper671

swithcing A/P off

When I switch A/P off whilst landing (or even in the air) my nose shoots up and I find it very difficult to control the plane. I realize that this is probably because I have flaps down. What is the best way to control the airplane without it shooting up w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
RadarMan

Resolution in FS9

:help!: OK, I have a question, I want to set my Sim (FS9) at 1600x1200x32 permanently, but my desktop is 800x600x32, old eyes prevents me from setting the desktop any higher. I'm tired of changing the settings every time I want to launch the Sim. How? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
harleyman on
Flyaway

London Heathrow --> Charles-De-Gaulle

I don't often submit screenshots into the gallery and share my flights with you guys, but I collected some awsome screenshots from my latest flight with my new graphics card that I wanted to share. Here they are 😉 : https://flyawaysimulatio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
harleyman on
Arkydave

Turboprop Trauma

I've lately had occasion to fly a couple of turboprops, specifically the Beech King Air 350 and the Beech 1900D. Once in the air, they are great machines, but on the ground, they drive me nuts :wall:. At minimum throttle, they taxi so fast, I have to ride...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Eduardo

ILS in Flight Simulator 2004

How can I find the ILS Frequency on Flight Simulator 2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on
watersprite

Simulated bush pilot lands plane inside Mt. St. Helens!

Hi, I posted the following in a news group, and thought you might enjoy this bit of news: TCP/IP News Service report: Headline: Crazy simulated bush pilot lands her plane *inside* Mt. St. Helens! Melissa (aka "simulated bush pilot") defied ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

747 fuel quantity

Dear all, I wanted to play about with fuel mid-flight on the boeing fleet. on the default 747/777 is there a way to display the fuel quantity of all the tanks? I know that I could go the the drop down - aircraft -> fuel and payload. But I thought...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
fog52

FS2004 "Insert Disc 4"... IT IS! Problem

Just got FS 2004, uninstalled FS2002 Pro, installed 2004 successfully to my G: drive (it told me "Install Successful" at end). Clicked "Run Now", it told me to insert Disc 4, which is in the drive! Agh! It won't even run at all! I also found FS2004 .flt f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
paramesh

Runway Lights

HI everyone, is it possible to turn on or off the runway lights at the airport. Is there any specific keyboard command. Please help Thanks and Happy flying....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Paiute on
deKoven

New ? for all you Guru's out there!

Okay, my Bush Pilot software last night from Abacus. Hmmm, I can't say that I'm truly impressed but then it is nice. Along with the package came a sheet from Abacus touting a package called "EZ VFR" which is for placing the airport names on the scener...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davec on
johnsymes

weather won't work in FS2004

Just moved to fs2004 and can't seem to get the weather to work. Am leaving Southampton for Bournemouth and setting overcast 8/8 at 1000 to 2000 yet sky is still clear. My idea is to do an ILS into Bournemouth. Any ideas anybody. Same settings work fine wi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Stephan24

Connecting Smiths FMS to FS2002

I'd like to connect a Smiths Aerospace Flight Management Computer (runs on PC, usually used for pilot training) to the FS2002 for visualization of the outer environment. The Simulation runs in the FMS, the Fs2002 should just delliver the secenery outside....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Orange juice and sherbet, a fresh new way to fly your 747!

All right, thought i'd share some wisdom with you guys. 🙂 If you're doing a long flight and don't have anything to do, here's what you do. 1.Cruise climb (choose ONE after you set autopilot and headings) 1.Go and get a glass of water 2.Get ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
johnsymes

Black control panel unless I run in safe mode

I have a new Sony PCV-W1 (piece of sh**) and unless I run in safe mode the instrument panel is blank. The mouse pointer still shows instrument descriptions but just a black hole where the instruments should be. The radio stack and GPS display come up OK? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Fuzzy

Flickering Objects

Hi Folks Wonder if you can give me a hand on this little stickler. When I start a new game and my plane is sitting on the runway, as soon as I start to move a lot of the surrounding buildings flicker in a weird way. Alsmost like its going from light...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
eltonsm

Games Keep crashing...

HELP! I'm getting a litle crazy with this, I have an Athlon 2400+ 512Mb de Ram Geforce MX440 64Mb Live! Ethernet card DVB Siemens 1.5 2 HDD 40Gb Windows XP SP1 ENG. Flight simulator installed at d: After playing 10 minutes some...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
eltonsm on
Duh-Dune

Pilots Questions.

Just a few questions... When I go to ATC, I try to get taxi'd out onto the run way. I turn on the Progressive Taxi, but nothing happens. DO i taxi Myself? Also, Can someone tell me how Virtual Airlines work? AND! How do I get passengers/Troups/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jimmyglockner

Weather

I would like to get the input from all you flight simmers about what type of weather you like to use when flying (creat you own, use real weather, etc.) Happy flying all. JimmyGlockner...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jetman35 on
deKoven

More help needed!

Well, I picked up a package for the Maule (mumble, mumble) and even though I've done everything it says to do I can't find the planes in the plane list. File names are m7260_v1 and _11 ! !!! Can anyone help me get these to show? ??? ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Fire_Emblem_Master

I need info NOW

Hey, i need to know where the golden gate bridge is and whats the nearest airport, and which way to fly to get there, and whatnot, i got an idea hehe....THANKS!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Andrenaa

FS2004 with 2GB of DDR RAM?

Just wanting to ask is anybody running FS9 with 2GB of ram? If so what's the performance like?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Brook

Passed my checkride!!!

I finally got that ***** to pass me on the private pilot checkride! I have no idea what I did differently this time, but she was in a good mood last night. I was starting to think I'd never get around her! (She never likes my steep 360 turn). LO...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
davec

Unique airport - Isle of Barra

The Island of Barra is located near the southern tip of the Western Isles. The Airport lies on the north east coast of the island. Washed by the tide twice a day it is the only beach airport in the world to handle scheduled airline services. Destination ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davec on
harleyman

A Quick Review Of New Toys

Hi all...Have been real busy this weekend...Getting pool ready to open...Ugggggg Drain and acid wash....Big job....Anyhow....... I did find time to install and play some........... Real Scene is awsome......It seems to add about ,,lets say 40 % rea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
harleyman on
Arkydave

Visual Landing Pattern Advice

Rooky pilot needs advice. My biggest problem in flying is making the turn from downwind or base leg to final. I know that a real-world pilot would have the runway in sight throughout this maneuver, and would be able to correct early on for alignment. I ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
davec

Post Images ???

Radarman 😀 Tell me I'm stupid and I should read the FAQ/instructions/etc but how does one post images into the forum. In relation to the sharpening and brightening of images I would like to post a 'before' and 'after' image with appropri...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Arkydave

Memory Designation

Trying to evaluate my system in preparation for buying a graphics card. I've read here that I should have at least 512 Meg of DDR RAM, not SDRAM. My Gateway computer specs indicate that my current 256 Meg of ram is DDR SDRAM. Is that double talk? Can I ju...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
LuigiMan

Clouds and Rain Framerate Drop

In FS2004, whenever I go through a cloud or just make the camera look at a mass of clouds, the framerate will drop to 10 fps or skip every 4 or 5 seconds, or both. This also happens when it is raining. It is worse when I'm in virtual cockpit and spot plan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
macdeb

Crash - not the plane kind (2)

I'm on Windows XP, my system is... 160GB HD 516MB Ram Radeon 9600 (Drivers uptodate) I've had trouble running FS2004 - either the game would freeze, knock off and send me back to the desktop, or reset my computer completely. It was that bad that ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Sander14

more airplanes

Hello, i have Flightsimulator 2004 a few days. And when i'm in the air.. i see other planes like Mc Donnel Douglas/boeing DC83 and Douglass dash. But i cannot take that planes in the create a flight list. Maybe i have to earn some medals or something els...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Tog

ProFlight 2000

Has anyone got ProFlight 2000 to work in FS 2004 ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
WOLFIE

unable to save flights or change IFR flight plans

When I create a flight and the window pops up prompting me to save my flight, I enter in the name Ive assigned and I keep getting an error message. "File must be loaded or saved to Flight Simulator Program File". I am in the correct section under FlightSi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WOLFIE on
Flyaway

Flyaway aircraft...

Directed to Davec: RE: https://flyawaysimulation.com/images/10/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004/ Great idea about the aircraft, I like it 😉 Only thing, the craft has flyaway.com on it - not flyawaysimulation.com....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davec on
yankeeflyer72

Repainting aircraft: What Software to use?

I enjoy FS2004 very much but would like to repaint some of the aircraft. I have experimented with the texture files but all that has happened is I screw up the default paint. When I select the aircraft, it shows up as basically a gray silhouette. How...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
harleyman

How In The World Do You......

Take a screen-shot????? I see many great ones here and would love to find out how to take some of my own to be able to share...Expecially when my new stuff arrives...TOMORROW..... I know that FlyAway and RadarMan know how...... Someone please...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jimmyglockner on
tomthetank

Frame rate fix

😀 Hi all just found this great little add on to improve frame rates ➡ FPS_Patch_FS9.zip Its creator claims a 20 fps increase on older cards (he's useing an MX440 64mb) I was getting aprox 25/30 fps b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
Page 106 of 111