Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Spartan

The National European FlightSim Aviation Show

The National European FlightSim Aviation Show takes place in Blackpool UK on the weekend of the 19th & 20th June, it will be the biggest event of its type the UK has ever seen. The show has had a huge response from companies, virtual pilots, real world...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Iunbearable

Introducing myself

Hello all Members. My first time here, man what an anazing site for information on planes and simulators!! fantastic job! I salute you!! I would like to learn alot more in aviation. I can't wait to meet ya all....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
harleyman on

fs 98 no cd crack

Can anyone tell me if there is a no cd crack for the 98 simulator....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jaycap55

forcefeedback pro using XP

HI i am trying to connect my forcefeedback pro joystick to play flight sim 2004, i have windows xp and lost my installation CD, im connected through a USB and cannot find the drivers for this.. i tried installing version 3 drivers but it says its incompat...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Elangovan

installation problem

After fully installing the FS'04, when the desktop icon is clicked & it asks for inserting CD4, when placed, an error message is coming "CD rom not found". Any suggestions please. Manickelan@yahoo.com...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
notsofatjames

Find Some Files For FS2004

Does Any one know of a place where i can get free arrestor cables for fs2004 ❓ Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
patw

upload an image

I would like to show in the forum a near miss pic I had today, anyone know how this can be done?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
horrgakx

FS2004; hats and views with the Nostromo Gamepad

My CH Products joystick is great for flightsim because you can turn off the auto-centering but it only has two buttons and no hat-switch. However I have a Belkin Nostromo GamePad which has an 8-way switch under my thumb (rather like a game pad direction...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
Archie_Pelargo

No AI traffic?

I've activated AI traffic on the settings screen but don't get any in the sim itself. Am I doing something wrong? Cheers A_P...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
rich_bro

whats the difference

i was wondering what the difference between ultimate traffic and fs traffic 2004 is? and also can u run fs traffic 2002 on fs 2004? cheers rich...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
rich_bro

AFCAD 2004

i just downloaded an afcad for cape town i unzipped it and i was told to get Afcad 204 where would i aquire this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rich_bro on
Flyfast

R22 Drops Like a Rock fs2004

Can anyone tell me if there is a fix for the R22, It drops like a rock when you do an autorotation. If no fix how can I edit the aircraft. I don't want to use the older R22 (fs2002) as it is linked to the Bell 206 and has no airframe torque or at leas...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rambunctious on
Slasher16

aircraft detail prblem with 9600 XT!! pease help!!

Ok i will make it simple. I dont know what the problem is but when i turn aircraft detail to ultra high it resets back to high. Does anyone else experiance this, and is there a way to solve it? It is very annoying since with the rest of my settings i get ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Slasher16 on
geswho

Gauges

Hi I am really new to all of this. Am having trouble getting gauges file to work in FS2004. Have downloaded Vickers Viscount 800 most gauges are there except the Flight Instruments (Attitude Display, RMI etc). P51D no gauges at all and can't seem ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
originalgrunge

Starting a flight with Engines off!

Is it possible to create a flight, and set it so that your plane is OFF when you start it? (as in, you have to be the one powering up the avionics, the batteries, the engines, etc. etc.). I'm beginning to think that the engine-start checklist is just ther...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
stoked_247

X45 Profile

just wondering if anybody knows how to program the rotarry dial to control elevator trim using the profile editor. im using fs2005 on windows xp. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Spartan on
aircraft_electrician

FS2004 vs FS2002 framerates

I usually run about 25-35 FPS in FS2002Pro with the sliders maxed out at Meigs in the default Cessna 172. The same flight in FS2004 with the sliders all set at minimum gets me a max of 8-12 FPS. Resolution is set at 800x600 32bit, full screen. Is FS200...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Riclo

New Condor II

🙄 Aloha to All, Well I uploaded a redesigned Condor for those of you that might be interested, has Dynamic Paint ,active suspension,rolling and turning tires,slimmed the body,and a new Panel. By the way, whats up with the 5$ charge for downloading...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Monstad

Screenshot Art.com

Hi all, a new website www.screenshotart.com will be opening on March 1st and our Forum is open now - link to Forum at the bottom of homepage. The site is a place for screenshots from any simulation game. We run competitions each month, one carrying ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
rglever

FS2004 crash to Desktop

Anybody know why FS2004 crashes to desktop after for short period of time? (1-10 min). Running Amd Athlon 1.0Ghz, 512MB DDR Ram, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, 128MB DDR, AGP 8X/4X AGP. Please !...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
steves542

Logitech Wingman Problems

I just purchased a Logitech Wingman Extreme 3D joystick. Installed it and I can't get more than 4 assignments from FS 2004. Is this a problem with FS 2004 or Logitech ? Neither company has answers on their web sites. Logitech doesn't even list 2004 in it'...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
McFinni on
johnno222

screen shots FS2004

Hi. I can easily get screen shots from FS 2002 using the ALT and Print Screen keys. This does not work for FS2004....keep getting error message Any clues anyone? Email me at dc3_62@hotmail.com Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ronaldpatton

WX-500 Weather Radar

I downloaded the WX500 weather radar from Reality XP last night. I must say that it works very well. It let me thread through a line of thunderstorms with ease. I figure my $29 was well spent. I would love to see a storm scope option that integrates ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ronaldpatton on
Spartan

VOR

I am new to this Sim and am trying to learn, and getting confused with VOR, and was hoping someone might be able to help by answering the following questions. If I am flying a Cessna and I put the required VOR frequency into Nav 2, does that relate to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Spartan on
AircraftNutz

Navaids - need a list

Does anyone know how I can compile a list of the navaids in use by FS2004? I'v built a spreadsheet as a flight log for us VFR junkies and I'd like to use the VORs, NDBs and TACANs as waypoints etc. My only option appears to be using AFCAD to look at...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
AircraftNutz on
imagine

can't turn while taxiing

I need help. I can turn when I'm in the air. I can't turn while taxiing. I am using a MadCatz Panther DX Joystick. Thank you....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
imagine on
bluedevils#1

turning while taxiing

I just bought a new copy of Flight Simulator 2004. I was using Flight Simulator 2000 before. I was suprised at how little turning power was availiable while taxiing. I have to make huge circles or slam the brakes to make a turn from a runway to a taxiway....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
paramesh on
glen4cindy

Automated Flying & Terrain detail questions

1st, I just registered, but, I wanted to ask a question before my account is activated. I have 2 questions. #1 Is there some way to completely automate a flight from the takeoff roll to the landing roll? I am interested in learing more about how t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ronaldpatton on
harleyman

Planes pull right!!!!!!!!

Hi all...well,,I finally got my browser adjusted so I could join...Got my new puter...Is GREAT!!!!!!!1 But...Having a few probs...Any help would be greatly appreciated... After a few flights,,the planes always pull to the right....As in ,,can't fl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
harleyman on
aarps

ILS setup for FS2002

Hi, I'm kinda new to this and I'm having a problem. I have FS2002 and don't know how to tune or set the ILS for landings. Can anyone help? 🙄...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wile E Coyote on
JimVT

approach charts

Where can I find the approach charts in FS2002? The hint is in the "Charts Folder" but I can't find that. I did a full instal so that isn't the problem. Any help appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Paiute66 on
jawbreaker

tuning the obs on the rmi

on those aircraft equipped with the RMI, how is the obs or course selector moved to use the vor indicator as nav2 ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ronaldpatton on
bill2

Can't stop video skip!!!

Loading the game and selecting a flight to work with, the scenery movement skips every 2 1/2 seconds. This skipping occurs with every aircraft, even with all the settings turned all the way down. This will occur regardless of the view being displayed as...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bill2 on
Muncho

Saitek X45 and Force Feedback

Hi. I'm just entering the flight sim world and was thinking of buying the Saitek X45. All I wanted to know was if anyone knew if this stick uses force feedback? If not, does it really matter that it hasn't? I know what the force feedback featu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Muncho on
watersprite

Peculiar sound problem

Hi, I'm having a problem with sound in my MS fs2004. When I open up a new flight, and the engines are running, I can hear a bit of static over the sound of the engine. While the plane is still not moving, if I cycle the views (panel/virtual cockpit/t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
watersprite on
moormcl

I never Crash!

Is there a setting (I haven't found it so far) that turns the "crash" option off? I can come in at a 60% angle, full speed and when I get to the runway it just lands and heads on down. Makes it hard to hone your landing skills.....Thanks :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
irish3 on

Black Background

I am trying to fly online and would like to lose the black background that surrounds the game window pre-flight. I want to be able to see the desktop as a background to the game window so that I can access the start button, and get at Squawkbox etc. Th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Grounded

NO SOUND!!!

Think I did something to my .exe file...don't ask! Can't get any sound, only during the videos when the two are explaining how to use FS. Help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Anil Singhal on
FloridaFlyer

FS2004 Float Plane bases?

I wonder if anyone has come across Float Plane bases in FS2004? Would be interested in finding a few to polish my skills in following flight rules rather than just landing indiscriminately at any water location. Thanks, Jay...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Paiute on
markyr

How do you change a destation

could anyone help me i have tyhe sunderland sea plane in fs2004 how do you set the starting destantion to the sea rather than an airport also can you set it up so as soon as you get in the plane you are in mid air thanks markyr newbee 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Paiute on
bill2

HELP - Aircraft Tucks Below G/S

Recently all of my FS 2004 aircraft tuck below the G/S on an ILS approach. The aircraft intercepts OK but after the OM they start slowly going below and if left alone the aircraft will hit the ground prior to the runway. It's as though the ground is below...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BerraTV on
Rafi

Frame rate Fix (to tomthetank)

I finally succeeded download the zip file and opened it. I gate 5 files: changedcode.xml1 default.xml lowres_screanshot.jpg originalcode.xml1 ...and some doc file I have not a slices idea what to do with that Is some thing missing at the down l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
moormcl

ATC Text

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to set the FS9 to not display the ATC text directed towards the other ATI aircraft? The text directed to me is OK but with traffic set to 100% I'm getting quite alot of Text splashed across the screen as I'm flying. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
moormcl on
davec

Mouse over stammer

Only a learner and wonder if someone can help. I am getting print stammer when I mouse over the instruments of my Cessna 172 panel - EG or . At 75 I dont have 20/20 😳 vision but this doesn't help - can any one solve this for me....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davec on
horrgakx

Another fault... ATC?

A couple of times, most recently just now, I've sat holding after taxiing, just short of the runway on instruction from ATC. But they never give me clearance. I put the simulaiton on fast time and gave up after 40 mins sitting there. Anyone else had th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BerraTV on
watersprite

Yoke and Pedals

Hi, It seems a bit strange to be flying a Cessna Skyhawk with a joystick. Can anyone recommend a good yoke and pedal set that works well with FS 2004? If it makes any difference, I'm running WinXP Home edition. Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ronaldpatton on
txgent

Taxi Oversensitive

In FS2000 we had a conifig addon we could use to stop oversensitive pitch, I didn't feel I needed it in FS2004, but am having trouble with taxi.I put the addon in the config and it slowed everything down, so thats out. My problem is when I taxi, I move d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fargo on
watersprite

From simulation to real flight

Hi, I'm curious about something. How many here started using flight simulators like FS2004, then went on to taking real flight lessons and getting your pilot licenses? If you did go about it in this order, could you comment on how your experience wit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
stevegil on
ronaldpatton

Default cold and dark aircraft

Is there anyway to make the default condition having the engines shutdown, mags off, mixture in the cut off position, master switch off and parked on the ramp? Thanks for your help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ronaldpatton on
BrassAPE

FS2004 no loger starting

Loaded FS2004 some time ago and everything worked well. It then stopped working - hangs with title page. I've reloaded a number of times with no change. Any suggestions? Win XP Home, AMD1600+, 512DDR, GeForce4 440 MMX, bags of free hard disk spac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Page 108 of 111