Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

horrgakx

How to find the most fuel efficient settings?

In order to keep a plane in the air for the longest period; How do you get the best climb rate? And how would you find out which altitude and throttle settings are the most fuel efficient for say a 747? D....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
RadarMan

The Howard 500...Ready!

The Howard 500...Ready! https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/826/fs2004-howard-500-package-with-virtual-cockpit/ Whoa, is she a beauty, a little heavy to handle like a big bus and fast...easy to land. Super detailed Pkg incl gMax fully...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
Chris102

For TTT

I love your FS10 video! Some of the things you did in it are really neat. How did you get the moving gates and stairs-on-a-truck?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
Chris102

Need Some Advice

I can't land. (Don't get in a plane with me!) The only landings I can do are going from KLAX in a Cessna to the little airstrip about a mile (if that) from KLAX. Does anyone have some landing tips for me?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on

Tune........

I was wondering, how do you tune the Outer Marker and Middle Marker on a ILS approach?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
crosscheck9

adi radar

can someone please tell me what an adi radar is. i downloaded a nice 767 panel now, and it has a built in radar, but i dont know if it works like it should. it doesnt show nearby aircraft, but occasionaly, ill get this clump of yellow stuff that appears...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

When i start fs2004 i get an error someone help

When i start fs2004 my monitor turns off and it says unreachable file what should i do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Guest Ed

FEM, about you sig image. . .

One hates to complain, just being a guest and all, but your Concorde image is so wide that I have to scroll back and forth to read posts to which you have replied. I suppose I could turn up the resolution of my display so it would fit, but then I'd have ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Deles136

Chopper controls

I am trying to use two joy sticks for flying choppers. I am trying to set the left stick up to control the throttle with the y axis so that it will be closer to realistic. Setting up two sticks is no problem but I can't get the throttle to work when I set...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Radarman, or anyone good with PC's

Ok, have a look at this pic and maybe you know what the problem would be? I hope to GOD its not the DVD...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Vin4evr

Scenery Editing

Does anyone know of a programm to edit sceneries?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Chris102

How to Hover with a Helicopter in FS2004/FSX?

How do you hover with a helicopter in FS9? Whenever I try, the aircraft sways and eventually crashes....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
horrgakx

FS2004 addons

I bought myself some Christmas pressies for FS2004, first is FS Approaches from these guys http://www.fs2000.org/ . Has anyone else got this? I find it a little too ... long. You're about 20 mins away from the airport usually and have no idea which run...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
Vin4evr

Flight Basics.

Very informative for those of you like to read on.. http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/index.htm tell me what you thought of it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
blatra

Blurry Ground

I noticed while flying FS04 that the ground seems to be slightly out of focus. Is there anything I can do for this...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
crosscheck9

klm

is there anything wrong with klm. the other day, i was about to purchase a ticket from dfw to dmm, with transit throught amsterdam via klm, so i went to priceline.com, and when i went to select my carrier, klm wasnt available. also, when you go to simvia...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
Crosscheck9

BIG PROBLEM WITH AVSIM!!!!!PLEASE HELP

Hi, Every time i go to avsim.com, then file library, it tells me, cannot connect to webpage, but it gets worse, after that , none of my webpages will open, eg. msn, yahoo, flyaway, (everything!!!) to fix this, I always have to turn off the comp, unpl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

ILS, HELP!

Im trying to get an ILS approach for a flight Now im having some trouble with it. I dont understand it, all i have to do is tune the frequency such as 110.9 into the NAV1 radio and make sure its on. Now am i missing another radio or dont have it tuned...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
The Anonymous Guest

Reading Charts

Hello, sorry for posting again but i need this question clarified. If someone good with reading VOR charts, could you please just follow my instructions for about 2 seconds and help me. PLEASE. Go to FS2004 Click on "Flying Lessons" Then scroll do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
lawfer51

Spot plane views appear grey

Would really appreciate help with this one. Any addon planes that I download apprear grey in spot plane or tower view. The only planes that look fine are the default planes that came with FS2004. Any help woud be great...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
kaindragoon36

I can't adjust my video settings!!!! any cfg files to fix?

I just built my system. Abit AS8 Board, 3.4 P4 HT 1GB ram, Geforce Fx5700 LE 256 MB vidcard. I didn't have any trouble at first, but after about 3 hours, and even now, I can't adjust my video setting because all the tabs and sliders glitched out. Is ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
edr1073

FS 9 exe

I am sure that this has been covered before but I do not seem to be able to find the results in the forums. I ahve rebuilt my computer with XP Pro with SP2. I downloaded the NO-Crack CD and installed the no-crack on the Root of FS9. The problem comes i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
BEERSNAIL

GROUND CONTROL WITH CH USB FLIGHT YOKE

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A FLIGHT YOKE BY CH PRODUCTS. HOWEVER I CAN NOT TAXI EITHER PRE OR POST FLIGHT, ON MY OLD MICROSOFT JOYSTICK THE STICK TWIST FUNCTION WOULD DO THIS. SO DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH KEYBOARD KEYS CAN DO THE STEERING WHILE ON THE GROUND, OR HOW...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
rfrankli

I can't get Flight Sim 2004 to fail engines.

Has anyone had this issue. I can make instruments fail but the engines will not. I have tried numerous aircraft. Thanks !...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rfrankli on
mypilot

[ Poll ] mooney

Do you like the mooney "Bravo". It is my favorite plane and the one that I have my most hours on. (on the flight simulator) one time my ground speed was 240 knots!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Coastie2003 on
hpa

Can not start FS2004

I have installed the 4 cd for FS2004 and now I can not start it! When I start it it always saying can not find the CD but cd 4 is in the drive. Any ideas about what is happening? 🙄 🙄 🙄 Thanks hpa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
crosscheck9

simple question

Hi, for all of you real pilots out there, i just wanted to ask, do most of you like your jobs. Sorry, i dont mean to get personal, but for a while now, i've wanted to become a pilot. Im still young but I really think thats what's meant for me. My mo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Vin4evr

lANDING LIGHTS?

hi everyone, when landing if you are on the gliding slope you can see 4 lights 2 bright and 2 red on the left side of the runway. why can i see those lights on some airports especially JFK?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DonWood on

VOR, HELP!

Ive been working my way up, and im on the prviate pilot lessons now at the VOR navigation. Now ive read all the ground schools so far and i have a fairly percise idea about whats going on. In the lesson i fly to VOR north bound and intercept it at 0 de...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DonWood on
Fire_Emblem_Master

New CD/Work related stress

Hey all. I just got my new Rammstein Reise Reise CD! I's awesome. If you've never heard of Rammstein, I'd recommend it, its awesome. On the other hand, I just got back from work, and it sucked today. I'm a waiter, No more McDonalds for me. But today, f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on

question about the flight~~~

is it possible to skip time or make it run faster? it take ages to complete a flight in the game!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Radeon on
Chris102

Sp2

After using a program to see what memory cards I have, I noticed that SP2 is installed. ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ How do I get rid of it ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Chris102

Memory

Last year, I put another 128MB memory card into my computer. I think I'm going to buy the 256MB today. Will replacing the old card with a new one delete any files from my computer?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
DonWood

Printing Checklists

I have what I am afraid is a very basic question. Please don't flame me - I did try to find the answer before posting this. I am transitioning from the C-172 to the C-208B in Flt Sim. I can bring the aircraft checklist up on the kneeboard but I cannot ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DonWood on
mypilot

[ Poll ] charts

Does anyone know where I can get free charts? I would like to learn how to navigate the old fashion way. Radarman, you would probally know....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hengchun on
michlin

Recogition & Strobe Lights

The FS9 "Mooney" has strobe and recognition (flashing) lights, as those familiar with this a/c know. When is the appropriate time to use strobe and/or the flashing recognition lights. And I have not seen any other FS9 aircraft with recognition lights. It ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DonWood on
The-GPS-Kid

"PC Pilot" Magazine - Video of FS2006 HQ

Hi, Those who have access to "PC Pilot" magazine, there is a cool video that comes with the free Cover CD-ROM of the latest (Jan/Feb) edition.. It is a 33 min video of FS2006 HQ, within Microsoft's Development facility. Ok so you don't get to see an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
patw on
lockersmos

how to take screensot?

I have read somewhere that if you press the 'prt scrn' key, it will take a screenshot in non-full screen mode. is this true? and, if it is true, where does the screenshots you have tooken get stored to on your computer? if this is not true, do you need t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lockersmos on
kittyhawk63

How do I install Flight Assistant and required apps?

😞 I need some help. I've downloaded "Flight Assistant" and the required Runtime and SAPI 5.1. However, I do not know where to install some of these apps. SAPI 5.1 shows that it is installed. Can anyone help? I would like to get the virtual co-pil...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
crosscheck9

airline sim

Does any1 know if the airline simulator can compete with Flight Simulator - a century of flight....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
whitenack

Where do you have your joystick?

Hey guys, Wanted to know where you have your joystick when you fly. Do you keep it up on the computer table in front of you, or down in your lap? The reason I ask is because I did a lot of flying yesterday, and after my shoulder and neck muscles ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
PierreL

Testing the joystick

I have a Saitek Evo Force (just new) and FS2004. I am new to this application, but I have flown Cessna172 before. When I use the joystick I find all controls responsive and true to memory except pitch which seems to respond with significant delay resultin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PierreL on
RSA_SEAL

Engine Sound Problem

Hey guys, After flying in FS9 for the first time, it all ran smoothly except for one sound problem. This problem when the engine sound is turned on, as well as the actual sound of the engine, a crackly/popping sound occurs and this problem ONLY occurs...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Bugsey

FS2004 not responding

I recently reformatted my hard drive and installed Windows XP Prof as my operating system. In the process of re installing my programs I have encountered some problems, but I think it involves updating my drivers, however, I re installed my FS2004 which ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
lockersmos

aircraft review

Hello, lockersmos here- i am just going to post an aircraft review on the Ifdg A320 aircraft. well, here it is! Airbus A320/Ifdg I think it is a fantastic plane, but, it does not come w/custom panel or sounds. I have downloaded a soundset and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lockersmos on
mypilot

Robinson Helicopter

Does anyone know what rotor trim is in the Robinson Helicopter? It is not in the Bell Jetranger....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CFI-H on
Lovebug

Display Settings

I'd like to know what the optimum display settings (hardware included) for my system My System AMD 3000+ 64 1 GB 400Mhz RAM 160GB Hard Disk SB Audigy Radeon ATI 9800XT 256MB ECS Photon Motherboard Relisys 17" LCD Monitor ie to get the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
AndyFS2004

Knots converted to MPH

hi, I was wondering, I have managed to get my plane flying at about 550 knots (747-400) with a full tank(s) of fuel and just wanted to know how fast I am going in mph groundspeed?? I am at 40,000 feet with IAS at about 260knts i think thanks Andy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Vin4evr

Air craft Alignment

Does anyone knw how to align an AC towards the centerline of the runway using navigation on landing? or any other ways?Any one knows any information abt Glide slope please post....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
nicob

fs 4 settings problem

hi, Just installed FS4, everything went ok, game launches ok, there seems to be a problem with the settings menu, i cant move the sliders to alter the settings for display and sound. Seems to me the videocard is not recognized, so the game runs in softwa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
allanpro on
Page 93 of 111