Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

maddog2840

Paint Jobs FS2004

I want to repaint the F-5B to an ATC T-38A from Laughlin AFB, TX. Which files do I have to modify? Are instructions available? Is there software for the inept?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Andrenaa

What is the difference between Fs2002 and Fs2004?

I own a copy of FS2002 and will soon be buying FS2004 but what is the difference between them both? 🙄...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Andrenaa on
Netz Rafi

Frame rate win_98 vs win_xp

Please tell me why... I have a dual system computer with win_98 & win_xp Of course I have the same hardware . I have both fs9 and flight sim 2002 installed. I can activate each flight sim from each operating sys. For unknown reason at the same setup a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
jketchum

pullback from gates?

I'm new to this whole flight sim thing and I'm probably doing something wrong, but is there a button I'm missing to enable planes to start at the gates as opposed to just starting at the end of the active runway? Also any landing advice would be much app...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Andrenaa on
bo2jazz

Multiplayer Connect

When I want to start a MP session within FS2004 the program is chrassing. With Ivao I can play in MP but cant start in FS. Controllers can identify my plane but I can't see the other pilots and they can't see me. I start multiplaying in FS with SB realy ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JDD on
Andrenaa

What type of aircraft are included in FS2004?

❓ Can someone tell what type of aircraft are included in FS2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Andrenaa on
Wile E Coyote

Joystick forces compared to Fs2002

Since I bought Fs2004 I've noticed that the G forces were decreased (using SideWinder Force Feadback 2) compared to Fs2002. Suddenly trimming is not needed due to weak G froces. When taxing the Boeing 737, bumps on the ground are almost not sensed. W...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
jketchum

Is this part of my glide slope problem

So i was having an issue before with the radio frequencies not being correct on landings. However now the frequencies are correct and the runway is even represented in the ILS code above the radio frequency and the DME on the navigation gauge but the DME...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
sonicninja

Screenshots of FS9

I keep seeing all these great screenshots of flyers in their aircraft posted in the forums, how do you save these shots and post them on the net? Are you all using webcams to do this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
dandan

config files

Is there some software to open the aircraft.config files and is there any information on how to change and tweak them? :idea: ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rvogl on

Lama - PRE-Flight RC Sim New Helicopter

Press Release: PRE-Flight freeware RC Flight Simulator has just released a new, downloadable helicopter model - the Lama. The SA315 Lama Helicopter comes highly detailed - with open construction tail and full rotor animation. Fully aerobatic and 3D ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
ROBOPOP

FLIGHTSIM2004

I have all the Fltsims since the very begining and also have all the combat models but I have to tell you that this new 2004 is the very best I have ever seen. I have a real high speed computer with great graphics and this is as close to the real thing as...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
immy1 on
tomthetank

New adventure

😀 Hello all There is a new adventue for fs9/2002 over at http://fsadventures.net/adventures.htm Its an approach to Paris Orly RWY26 Ive flown it in fs9 and works ok (programme does alot of work for you ie radios) With all atc chatter...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
stew

FS 2004 won't start?!

After doing a full install FS 2004 won't start. I just get a small black DOS screen for half a second and then back to the desktop??! I also tried the nocd patch but then then program says "msvcr70.dll is not a valid windows image. please check this ag...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Mark S

No CD for FS 2002

IS their anyone who is able to mail me a copy of "No CD" for FS 2002. The one I have indicates that it's not 32bit compliant. ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mark S on
lacsapf

Virtual Pilot Pro

Hi, I've been using CH Product's Virtual Pilot Pro and their Pro Pedals in the previous versions of Flight Simulator. But none of the methods I used to reprogram my buttons on the Virtual Pilot seems to work with FS2004. Has ay of you encountered the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lacsapf on
rklee

Codecs and sound problems

Ran into a strange problem with FS9 - Everything was fine until I lost the engine sound on the default Mooney - 172 was still there, I also lost all Jet engine sounds and all Controler voices. All environmental sounds are always there (at this point all...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rklee on
darren_maddock

Problems loading fs2004

Just installed FS2004 on my machine, installs fine but when i launch it freezes on the intro screen. Nvidia GeForce5200FX 1024 RAM AMD 3200+ processor. I already had it installed on this machine and it worked but then i had to rebuild the machin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
darren_maddock on
Laze

Evo Issue

here i am again about controllers, does anyone have a fix to this problem i am currently experiencing? my saitek evo joystick needs to be calibrated too often, its getting so rediculous that im now using a "tandy" (lol) brand hotas once again....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Woodmouse

Sapphire Radeon 9600Pro 128Mb with FS2004

Running Windows XP Professional, 1.8Ghz Proc, 512Mb Ram, Radeon 9600Pro 128Mb Graphics Card, current driver ATI Tech Version 6.14.10.6387. Problem when running Flight Sim 2004 or Microsoft Train Sim, computer locks up. Does not always happen, but when it ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
THe ONE on
cermi

Problem with PANEL.DLL in launching MSFS2004

Hello, I have a problem with MS Flight Simulator 2004. When I launch the game I can read with I have a problem and MSFS2004 will not started in correct way! This details have been shown: An aplication FS9 has caused unvalid of page in modul PA...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Scubabix

FS2004 Logbook

How do you access the logbook information in FS2004? All of the help info I've been able to locate is 2002 or older. Everything refers tot the "options" menu which I can't even find in 2004. Thanks for any help Rob...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Scubabix on
diggitydog

Frame Rates

Aproximatley how many fps does it take untill the jerky approaches are smoothed out? I am getting about 8 or 9 on my approach and find it difficult to adjust elevator trim for a smooth approach. What other advantages would one find if the fps were increas...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Ghost22 on
RadarMan

The U.S. Navy uses MS Flight Sim for Newbies!

It's a fascinating article of how the Navy and Flight Schools have discovered how Worthy FS9 really is. Any out there find that it has helped them when they go to get their license???? http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,60830,00.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PhotoM8 on
Jeff280

Screenshots with FS9

Do any of you guys know how to take screenshots with fs9? :twisted:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
crtmmac

NoCD patch doesn't work on my PC - Help wanted!

I have installed the NoCD patch (fs9.exe) in the root of the application (It replaces the original fs9.exe - not the fs2004.exe as all the documentation says. But after getting the splash screen the the flight choices and I press "Fly Now" my PC (windows...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
patw on
alzar

Carrier?

Hey... does any one know where to find a carrier in fs2004???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dazzathedrummer on
ricco

Missing basic graphics

Hi Can someone tell me what I did or what I am missing here please... 😕 I reinstalled FS2004 and for some reason there are some graphics missing. :shock: Im sure they are very easily replaceable as they are mostly basic ones.. Maybe I have...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Laze

What controller do you have/use?

Hi, i just wanted to know what the majority use as their flight sim controller? 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Laze on
Kasser

No CD crack problem with addon scenery!

Please is anyone else having problems with FS2004 crack that is available and discussed in https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/41/fs-2004-no-cd-crack-file/ ? My version opens FS2004 without a problem and no cd installed BUT the scenery librar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Habu on
Nir

What is the recommended hardware?

Is the GeForce FX5200 is satisfying? what about the Processor and all the other components ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Habu on
[M&KE]Gudulin

Crack not-CD of game FS2004 does not work!!!

Crack not-CD of game FS2004 does not work. It gives to an error when initiating the game with Windows XP and 98. Knows somebody the solution? :cry: :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Snaxs

Help PLZ!: Screen flicker, Ati 9600pro and FS2004.

when 2004 boots up the splash screen flashes on and off. then in create flight menu, does a little of the same. gameplay is fine and smooth unless i right click screen to use "change views menu' or press 'alt' to acces menus, the screen flashes black then...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Laze on
pingprime

Taube Slow Park Flyer - PRE-Flight RC Sim New Plane

Greetings! The Rumpler Taube is a very slow and forgiving plane. This realistic model has animated control surfaces and even (optional) animated wheels. Relax and fly it outdoors or indoors. Great for beginners and training. Also, features instructions...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pingprime on
jbatch

Opening screen FS2004

Hey Guy's! Where can I shut off the opening screen? I know it's probably right in front of my face, but I can't find it. Thanks! jbatch...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Habu on
Comma

C-5 Galaxy Sounds

Does anyone know where to get sounds for the C-5 Galaxy in the "FS2004 Military" downloads page? I mean without paying a fee for membership and whatnot? Thanks ,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Comma on
vcairmgmt

Virtual Continental Airlines GRAND OPENING!

The three founders of VCA recognized one particular airline that seemed to be rarely represented on the VATSIM Network and decided to bring it to life and have it represented the way it deserves to be by filling the VATSIM skies with top-notch Pilots. Thi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
vcairmgmt on
abaris

3D glasses

Can anyone provide me with settings for the E-Dimensional glasses, the ones, that are advertised here on the site. I purchased them and all I get in FS 2004 are flickering ghost images. The cooly hat for view changes doesn't work. I have an athlon XP 2...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abaris on
Agamer

Controls

I have installed fs9 on my xp system 😂 and it works fine 😂 But I want to install it on my win 98se system 😉 ➡ 😉 So after ages of making space i managed to fit it on. I start it up and it works :o but i make a fl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agamer on
RobZ

Instrument Panel ... Not displayed

I just installed FS2004 on Windows XP/Home Edition. I can't see the instrument panel regardless of the display resolution I select. I just get a black section instead. Anyone knows why? I tested my DirectX 9.0b with dxdiag and all seems to work fine. I ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Papaschild

MS FS2002 Third party addons compatible with 2004?

Hey🙂 can anyone tell me if the third party addons for fs2002 (proflight, airports) are compatible with 2004 before i buy it 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Ricado

FS Inflight Magazine new Issue

The new issue of FS Inflight magazine is now out and it makes an excellent read, there's some pretty good reviews in it this month. Check it out. 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
FlyingPeter

Oil Rigs

In fs2004 are there any oil rigs that you can land a helicopter on?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
woguph

Canard layout prop planes?

I would like to find a canard layout prop plane to fly with FS 2004. I had one with an older version and liked flying it. Thanks, David...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
woguph on
Stickman

FS2004 No Cd file needs MSVCR70.dll

I downloaded the file and extracted it to FS2004 after changing FS9.exe to FS9.old. When I click to open with out disk 4 in the drive, I get error message telling me it can't find file MSVCR70.dll. What must I do next?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
RandyB

CFS3 and video card.

Need some help here please. After several hours of fighting the video card driver I finely got the CFS3 to work but only to find myself sitting at a black screen with an hour glass for an indefinite period. My system consist of an AMD 1.7 gig proc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RandyB on
hendo

no cd crack

have downloaded the crack can some one tell me where i unzip it 2?.which is the root folder?where is is?....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
MoG_WWJD

Add-on for Ground Vehicles and Jetways???

Does anyone know if there is an add on for ground vehicles at airports and jetways. I just got mytraffic and love it. I just want to add more realism to the game....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Bblue

No CD download

I.ve tried to download the no Cd zip file numerous times. It stops at 99% and then the server times out. Is there a problem with this file?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bblue on
PagedSurfer

BEST Flight Simulator?

Really now...I've toyed with FS2000Pro. It was cool until I upgraded equipment. Now I want to buy another Flight Simulator. Of all the programs available out there, which one would you buy?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Page 110 of 111