Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Jared

Internet Explorer Download Settings

i used to download on avsim.com until one day i accidentally clicked on open and always use this setting on the download scene so it doesnt ask you every time to open, save or cancel. but ever since when i download off of there it says that it i invalid ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Time for a FEM CD review

This time, it's Rammstein's first album, Herzeleid. I just got it the other day. To date, it's my second favorite, next to Live Aus Berlin! Tracklist 1. Wollt Ihr Das Bett In Flamen Sehen -Great opening track, sounds awesome 8/10 2. Der Meister ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Vin4evr

AI aircraft: where to download the textures?

does anyone know where i can download all airline textures for AI traffic??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
David350uk

Audigy 2 ZS Problems

Having just upgraded my soundcard from a Audigy 2 to Audigy 2 ZS my FS2004 now plays at less than 1 fps, before it was in the 50's. I have reinstalled the game and all drivers, patched it, updated it etc and its still the same, If I remove the card then ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Cessna OBS .How accurate??

when rotating the OBS on the cessna to select a course to track. There is no digital readout to tell exactly which course you have selected. any tricks here? thanks MRGPS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MR GPS on
The-GPS-Kid

PSS CONCORDE PRO - THIS WAY FANS !

Hi all, I've not been on the site much lately as PSS Concorde Pro from Justflight.com got released last week and I've been hooked ever since. I'm surprised no-one else is onto it yet - this is a stunning add-on, the panel is like nothing seen before...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
HigherAviation

Virtual Airlines?

Can someone tell me any good va's, i was thinking about fly uk they have a verg good website and not to many members....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
glen4cindy

Course or heading?

I am still learning my flying on FS2004 using the autopilot. I see that on some of the autopilots, there is COURSE and HEADING. What is the difference? Also, is the ILS needle the green pointer on the HSI? The aircraft I saw this one in particul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
Agus0404

Reading Aeronautical Charts

Hello pilots! A friend of mine gave me today some Lisbon airport charts. They are really nice, but the problem is that I don't know how to read them. Does anyone know a manual (a good one 😉 ) that explains how to read aeronautical charts? I'd like...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
HigherAviation

Are you a Real Pilot?

How many people that play FS2004 are actually pilots please post here if you are a pilot? And what plane you fly?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
joston

Repaints

Hi, I am new to Flight Sim and want to repaint my aircraft. (I don't care which airline). I don't want to download any new aircraft, i just want to modify the existing aircraft. I have already searched through this forum and haven't been able to find a cl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Rogerball

Carrier Deck III feedback from an S-3 Viking Pilot

Greetings all, I recently picked up a copy of Carrier Deck III. I am an S-3 Viking pilot with 1000 hours in the airframe. If desired, I might be able to provide a few pointers next time around with how the jet handles around the boat, specifically car...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
dtschuck

Garmin 430, 480, 530 sim?

At one time, the Garmin 430 was a download for FS2002. The 500 in FS2004 is a little of everything but specific to nothing. Has anyone developed a high fidelity download for any of these GPSs?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
HigherAviation

Advice Please!

I'm starting up my own virutual airline coz the exsisting ones are huge with hundereds of members that don't have any say in the website or events. If any ones has any helpful advice id like to hear it thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
flyrv56

CH Products flt sim yoke

Hello. Just wondering what all of you set up the various buttons on the yoke for, besides the obvious ones. Did make some changes, but curious for help from all of you "veterans". SO far I really enjoy the FS2004 platform...it has been fun. I got fed ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
coda13

[ Poll ] Witch nvidia drivers to use with microsft flight sim 04

What nvidia drivers would you suggest that has good performance and stabablity for micrcosoft flight sim 2004. Please give an exmaple any performance gains you have noticed when using different nvidia drivers. ----------------- Specs msi 915 neo2 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on

GPS

I have a few questions about one of the commercial lessons lst off, F2 and F3 increases engine and manifold in this case, and ctrl shift v and c open and closes cowl flaps, but is there a command to increase and decrease the engine rpm. Im new with it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
glen4cindy

STAR's

Being an AVID aviation person, I am always anxious to learn everything I can, and after every flight I like to talk to the pilots. Southwest Airlines pilots are always more accomidating than any others I have talked to, but, none have ever brushed me off...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
glen4cindy on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Radarman, i need you for a second

Can you see my IP address? I just got a new privacy thingy, and it says it masks ip addresses, so can you see it or no?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Sam Intel

Buy a realistic Air Force One for FS2004

Does any body know where I could download or buy a realistic VC-25A(Air Force One) for FS2004 ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on

Help me swim out of the big crap I'm in!

So, here what happens: I become a user of FlyAway maybe even before December of 2004 using the nickname Bartholomew. I'm happy and I play FS2004 every day while downloading airplanes and stuff. Here comes the new year. It's the 31th of December and I'm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bartholomew on
HigherAviation

Honda Jet FS2004

Does anyone know where i can get the brand new Honda jet?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RC Nextgen

keyboard commands

hey! can anyone tell me what the keyboard commands in flight sim 2004 are to: 1) turn on the nav lights? 2) turn on the bcn lights? 3) turn on the taxi lights? 4) increase the speedbrakes in increments? I know shift+l or something turns all th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
boomshiko on
usair653

Landing Pointers and Tips

hey- i need some tips- i have alot of problems with landing... I mean i can land... but.. not on the runway... it's really frustrating for me to land because i'll be good until right b 4 the threshold.. I only made 2 'good' landings so far (since i've bee...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
wenglish101989

Instrument rating checkride

Hi I'm confused on the part on the instrument rating checkride where you have to fly the holding pattern. Which entrance to the pattern does the evil lady want me to take? IS there a walkthrough out there somewhere on the internet? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on

Contacting ATC

I have a question regarding ATC: I flew out of LAX and reached 35,000 ft, and flew to Houston Texas. I didnt select a flight plan because I didnt know where I wanted to land, so I looked at the map and realized I was in texas Near Houston, so I set th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
buelligan

C.B.I. routes

My grandfather was a flight engineer on c-46, and c-47 in WWII flying the hump over in China. Unfortunately he is no longer with us so I cant ask him what routes they flew over the himalayas, does anybody know how I would go about finding these out so I c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
rcnextgen

aircraft lights

hi again!! does anybody actually know how to turn on the beacon, nav and taxi lights using the keyboard?? I know how to turn on the rest of the lights but no body seems to know the command to turn the above lights on...very strange cause its not even i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
leadfoot

Downloads II

Hey guys, I'm a little cooler about the head regarding my dnld curse today. I was having the same kind of trouble with the DC-7 and Constellation. After several stillborn results Radarman sent me a link to the same site for the DC-7, but this time there w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
leadfoot

Downloads

I dnld your Boeing 717 and tried to install it and like ussual I got the same old BULLSH*T. no matter what I did, it would not show up on my list of planes I even resorted to pasting all the files in their respective places manually. nothing I suggest yo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
b17

Wot R ur specs?

I want to know what graphics cards, ram and processor everyone is using and how well fs2004 performs. I currently have: 512mb ram 2.8 ghz intel extreme graphics card 2...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
boomshiko

Career options for FS9

Here: http://www.fspassengers.com/ Check this out! I believe this will be an interesting addon!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
Vin4evr

AFCAD

hi everyone, radarman i am refering to my old post about ultimate traffic. what is an AFCAD? and i notice my AFCAD button is dissabled. next question does the UT schedule flights for certain airports(one by one) or is it done alltogethe? happy flying...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
thorpeclassp

reverse?

How do you put the plane in reverse when your on the ground? and how can I see the throttle?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on

Intersections: A question

How do you know you've hit one? I mean, they are not "real" (in the sense VOR stations are). Now, in flying here and there, sometimes I've used a VOR to find out. i.e. Fly towards SYR, fly its 105 degree radial outbound (I get that for a chart) onto je...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
Chris102

VC-25A

I've been replacing my freeware planes with payware aircraft. Is there a payware VC-25A 747 Air Force One?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
mypilot

lightning?

why don't airplanes get hit by lightning?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
butthed on
thorpeclassp

Landing long flights?

Hello, I am new to FS2004, and I tried reading about this in the learning center, but that was no help. When I pick a flight from the flight planner, what is the procedure to get there? Usually I just climb to an elevation out of the runway, and pres...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
roadster123

fmc pmdg

I don't have a glue what Iam doing wrong in getting this thing loaded right before a flight. think I got all info in then in flight it will tell me something is not loaded in....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
patw on
thrasherfan

Yet another ILS question

Ok, I've mastered the concepts of catching the glidescope and using IFR to navigate, but I still have a couple of questions. 1. I'm flying the base leg on final, (following ATC instructions) waiting to make the final turn to line up with the glidesc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
glideslope

Trident CyberALADDiN-P4 v6.4612.22ICD_SE_NP

Hi guys, I need to upgrade this driver for my video card on my toshiba laptop to enable me run fs9. I have looked everywhere and can find an upgrade. can anyone please help. Many Thank...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
originalgrunge

Taxi to gate Bravo6....

So as most of you can see I fly for United Virtual Airlines, which in Chicago should be the B and C gates. The A-I traffic has it right, taxing to the proper places, but whenever I land, I'm always being sent to gate H something, the american airlines gat...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on
Vermonter

USB Ports

Can anyone give me some advice on how to correct a proble of my 3.2ghz, pen 4 HT (intel mother board and processor) computer - it has a problem with USB ports? Some times it does not reconize joysticks, N52 (speedpad), Yoke, etc.. it reconized before, ev...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
horrgakx

FS2004 vs X-Plane

I started flight sims with "Night Flight" by Hewson Consultants which ran on a 16k ZX81. After various sim games on the ZX81, through Spectrum, C64, Amiga and then later the PC, I had something with Chuck Yeager's name attached to it. Then came ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
butthed182

Damage Control?

Does Anyone know of any good damage addons? i.e. engine explosions, hydraulics failures...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
butthed182 on
fireman18

How To speed up Flight Simulation?????

❓ How do I speed up the flight time in the simulation? this was doable in other versions but I can't seem to find it here in FS9, 2004....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
carteriii

FS startup on primary DVI output of dualview nVidia 5200?

I am completely new to FS so please bear with me if I'm being an idiot. In short, FS2004 starts up on what I believe to be the "wrong" monitor and I'd like to change this. More specifically, I have two monitors attached to an nVidia GeForce FX 5200 car...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
carteriii on

texture reloading???

On microsft flight sim o4 the texture on the ground has to reload texture beacuse when I switch cameras back it looks blurry after switching thru cameras is there any way i can fix this? 😞 😞 my spec. 3.0ghz presscot evga 6600gt ddr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
malfuller

Basic Question

Hi, I just joined and downloaded some different aircraft. The basic question is: after unzipping all the files - how do I incorporate into FS2004? I need a little assistance. Thanks if someone can help me....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mypilot

jokes

This doesn't have anything to do with flight simulator but I think you guys will like these jokes. Q: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for pulse? A:No. Q: Did you check for blood pressure? A:No Q: Did you check for breathing...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Page 89 of 111