Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

CDR

FORGIVE ME AS I'M VERY SORRY

TOO Kid and all. I want to apologies to every on for some of my off beat posts. Being new here I didn't know the situation of visitors. If I hurt someones feelings I am very truly sorry. I am here to help other people,Not hurt them I'm really so...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Chris102

Mega Scenery USA 2004 - New York

To anyone who has "Mega Scenery USA 2004 - New York". Is it worth it? Do you have any screenshots of it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
Daniel_109

HELP!!

Just wondering could anyone help me with this, i have fs2002 and i used it with vatsim and BAvitual, but my computer got a virus so i had to re-boot it and everything was gone from my computer, when i went to install fs2002 again it kept saying that it co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Daniel_109 on
Vin4evr

beautiul airports

can any one tell me which are some of the best looking and beautiful airposrt in fs2004 to take off from?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Chris102

How to Upload Screenshots?

How do you post screenshots? Do you have to upload it to a website (i.e. Photobucket) to post them?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
HelP!!!

Cessna 172SP!

In FS2004, i accidentally deleted the default 172 and now fs9 wont open! What can I do? 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Paiute on
crosscheck9

atc

Hi, Does anyone know of any add-ons for the atc which can speak a different language, besides english you know, eg. (French, Spanish, German, Arabic etc.)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

computer specs

I think that I have finally begged and pleaded with my wife to let me upgrade my computer, since my current dinosaur won't run FS9 very well. I am looking at getting a Dell and was wondering if someone could let me know if what i am looking at will be su...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
boeing rule airbus suck

what you need to get good graphics on fs 2004??!!?

I have a 1.2ghz amd duron and a 64mb ge force2 will this be enough for good gfx on fs2004 or should i spend a lot of money on a 128/256mb 3d card or anything??? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rambunctious on
Rockingbasser

best traffic add on pack for fs 2004?

Hey iam looking for a good traffic pack for fs 2004, any reccomendations? I was looking at ultimate traffic......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
CDR

FINDING FRAME RATES #2

Some one asked how to find Frame rates. Some one answered click CTRL +Z. I thought I was learning something new so I started FS* and tryed it but nothing happened, Came back to forum and could mot find the original post to answer it . Thats why I'm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
CDR

MiGS FIELD

CHICAGO USED AIRPORT MONEY TO DESTROY MEIGS The City of Chicago is telling the FAA that Meigs Field was an "abandoned" airport that had to be cleaned up. That assertion comes in response to an FAA probe into whether the city illegally used federal f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
Charlie251

TrackIR Vector Expansion Preview

I have not seen a thread for this one yet so here one goes... I have been testing the Vector Expansion for weeks now with MS2004 and CFS3. For those of you familiar with the TrackIR, it is a device that allows you to look around in the cockpit. With th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
Chris102

Radarman: Can you make screensavers in Powerpoint?

Hi I know that you know a lot about computers, so I thought I'd ask you - do you know if it is possible to make screensavers in PowerPoint?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
timohnani

Quality Freeware

Hi guys, I've been downloading some really cool aircraft. But its always annoying because something doesn't come right. For example its really annoying to download a cool Airbus only to find that it has the panel and sound of a Cessna!!! :wacko: It j...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
Chris102

Crashing

Is there a free crash effects program available?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Hixy

What computer requirments do u need to play FS2004?

elllo, i really want a new FS for crimbo. i have FS2000 and i like that and lookin at this site FS04 looks gr8 but i dont know if my computer will b able to play it :oops: i dontreally know that much about computers but if some1 cld tell me wat i will nee...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CDR on
CDR

THINGS YOU CAN NOT DO IN THE FS

Believe me I try ed this. You can not fly over the north or the south pole going straight ahead. I even flew to the magnetic poles. I flew an F-14 up to 100,000 ft and could not get any higher. Tell us your tales please....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ortegren on
crosscheck9

strange landing

Hi, The other day, I was on final at London's Gatwick Airport, and all of a sudden, I found my self entering a cloud. What do you do in such instances, Im in a hurry so i have to leave, sorry and happy flying...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
cmcavoy100

Unzipping new files...?

I have had some luck downloading and unzipping aircaft files. About 50% work..I download them. I use winzip Classic...I unzip all files to the FS9 folder, but the last 4 did not work? Any hints?? Thanks..Craig 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
Chris102

Stairs

Is there anyway I could have stairs on a truck come over to the plane?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
makonnenl

default settings

hi, Every time I start the SIM is defaulting to night flight mode unless I change it my self and my plane starts from the runway instead from a terminal. Do I need to download any add-ons ❓ :oops:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
timohnani

Autopilot and Flight Director

Hi, I was wondering what the difference between the Autopilot and the Flight Director is? :idea: Timo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
CDR

WHAT THE HECK IS THAT IN THE OCEAN ?

Take a look and comment please....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sylvan on
FEM_Fan

Apology For Radarman

Hello Mr. Radarman, I just wanted to apologise for causing trouble yesterday, sometimes I just get a little worked up about small stuff, and I should have listened to FEM when he told me not to worry. I did notice that you said we had nearly the same IP a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Rambunctious

A couple of wacky graphics issues

Hi, has anyone seen these two probs? I hAVe done a search, (3 sites) but can't seem to find the answer. 1 - The sea looks like badly glued wallpaper: 2 - After a not-so-hard landing, in the b747, I appear to have partially bought the farm, or at lea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sylvan on
Chris102

F-10 Fighter Jet

This Screen : https://flyawaysimulation.com/images/10/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004/ How can I get this to happen?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CDR

GUEST SIGN IN

Wy do people sign in as a guest if they are a payed up member here ? When they sign up as a guest there is no profile in their post and we have no idea to whom we are giving information to. It is possible that they are terest trying to get information. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
CDR

NEED HELP WITH SMILEY FACES

Here is my problem. I typed a long answer to a question and after checking the spelling I added a smiley face to the post . I submitted it and guess what i seen. There was a great smiley face but the answer I typed in wasn't there. This has happen...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CDR on
Agus0404

Approaching the airport

Hello people! Yes, I'm having a problem when trying to approach the airport. Well, I can say I have a few problems 😛 1) I'm cleared to land on runway 16 in Zurich, Switzerland. I know the runway heading is 160 then. So, when I'm approaching the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
frogdog33

FS 2004 Rudder Problem.

HELP! When starting flight in FS 2004 w/ Beechcraft King Air...my rudder defaults to 70-75% right. NUMPAD5 does nothing to correct. Result...I am all over the taxiway! Am I doing something wrong somewhere? I use a Thrustmaster Couger HOTAS but have no sep...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ortegren on
Vin4evr

help to control fs2004

can someone tell me how to control fs2004 with the help of a keyboard. i tried playing it with a joystick at my friends house and it was easy to control. any tricks to control with a key board or any downloads?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
makonnenl

breaks

Help, I apply breaks after landing but my plane don't stop untill it crash.... what is going on ❓ Am I doing somthing wrong ❓ :evil:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CDR on
CDR

TRAINEE

How many posts do you have to do to get out of the the one stripe trainee I believe I have 43 post....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
makonnenl

Can some one tell me how do I upload my own icon, pic, avatar etc.. ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
99jolegg

Error Message

Hi, when ever I open MSFS, I get an error message. I havn't noticed any problems with the game but it is still annoying :cry: It says : SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (Addon Scenery/SCENERY) in sce...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
Fire_Emblem_Master

A380?

Hey guys. I was reading about the new craft coming out, and i noticed the A380. Do you think it'll be a success? I mean, if you look at their seating capacity, they can hold, with a special configuration, almost 800 people. Now, what is Boeing gonna do? S...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Agus0404

AutoSave

Hello guys! I noticed that when I want to save my flight after arriving to the airport, I see AutoSave flights. How can I disable this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jared

Problem w/ avsim.com

after i download the airplane, it pops up the file is corrupe and doesnt open???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Scotteiboi

FS9 Error Message ^^

Anyone know how to get rid of this? Thanks! =)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
99jolegg

Biiiig Problem

The CD I need to play the flight sim just cracked :wall:. I tried cellotaping it up 😂 but it didn't work, it loaded a bit and then died. I don't want to have to buy it again, so is there a way i can play without the CD? Thank...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
originalgrunge

Game Crash when Accessing Kneeboard

So this problem only reared-its-ugly-head in the past 2 weeks or so, and i'm fairly certain not even after any changes to FS. When I set up my flight plans the system is usually okay, but as soon as I sit down in the 737NG cockpit to program the FMC my pr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
renedar

anyone find chernobyl?

Ive been desperatley trying to find chernobyl in fs2004. I cannot find it at all (though the exclusion zone is included). Note, Im looking for the power plant, not the town....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
lannie6

? best utility for adding downloads to fs2004 (all)

i have downloaded many add-ons for my fs2004 (aircraft scenery, airports etc.) Is there a easy to use utility (free preferably) that will help me install these things ? I have only added the patch and i do not want to take a chance at messing up my prog...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
jetman35

Where to get the No CD Patch?

Does anybody know where I can pick the CD less start utility? I had to reinstall FS last night due to technical issues. I know there was a posted note a while back but could not find it. I still have version 1 of FS 2004 and did not choose to updat...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jetman35 on
Weiny

To MS-What We'd Like to See in FS2006

As you all can see scenery is what we would like to see. As other people said photographic scenery and made as real possible. Also I would like to see passengers in the planes, so they can exit and enter aircrafts and have fixes flight planes and fly peop...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Weiny on
vavso

change 737,747,777 lr jet stall warning

where would I find the stall warning and what is it called these all use the alias 737 sound for thestall right?? Vavso...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
vavso on
magdy

how to navigate using ndb

how can use ndb...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
crosscheck9

just a quick thanks

Hey, To all of you who are regulars here at flyawaysimulation, just wanted to say thanks, This site is by far the best one yet, and I have a feeling its going to stay that way. Dont stop flying...............BTW, dont expect to stop hearing from me ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest FEM on
Chris102

Uploading Photo's?

I'm trying to upload photos to put in my posts and signature, but Photobucket isn't accepting free accounts at this time. Is there another website like this where I can upload photos?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Page 95 of 111