Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Fire_Emblem_Master

Fire Emblem Master is now powered by an ATI X800T Platinum!

The day has finally come! My beutaful card has arrived, has been installed, and its flip-out time!!!!! In chicago O'haire, with all settings on ULTRA HIGH, except for the lights, and anti alaising, i got a astounding 26FPS while panning the airport! ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

trim?

Hello, In de flying lesson of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 i constantly see the word "trim" or "trimming". Can someone explain to me what this means, i think it has something to do with the flaps but im not sure. thanks for the help ❗...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
new simmer

Lining up with the runway on final approach

I am new to this, I would really appreciate some help and pointers on how to line up the aircraft on final approach......... Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
tomthetank

Hey I flying again

Well my main beast of pc is still down,awaiting a new mobo :evil: So Ive been trying to entertain myself other ways(boy its tough with a old p2 pc)Anyway I have dug out fs6 :rofl: and all I can say is boy have we progressed Im sorry I just cant use it an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Seideric on
I_JUST_CANT_FLY

REAL WORLD PILOTS

If anyone knows any real world pilots let me know.Pilots as in pilots who fly commercial ❗...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DISININER on
Jonster

FS2002 > FS2004 Is It Worth Buying?

Hi everyone, I have FS2002 on my PC, which runs like a dream as my PC is a bit of a monster 😀 Basically is FS2004 worth the money as I already have FS2002? What are the changes? Are they worth while? Also is the US version any differen...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
nicolods

other planes and IVAO

Hi, Just a little hello from France and a question. Is it possible to see the ohter planes when you are flying on fs 2004 and Ivao + squawbox + servinfo + blablabla ? I mean in fs not on the map of servinfo. Is there an add-on or something to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nicolods on
Elkin

My planes are grounded!!

Help!! Before I go re-installing, I cannot adjust the payload! I can adjust the fuel, but not the payload. I get a FS9 shutdown with the error: FS9.exe ..cfg.txt, ...cgf\dxdiag.xml and fs9.cfg\scenery.cfg Can someone help with this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkin on
Maple

SideWinder Force Feedback Pro

I installed FS2004 and SideWinder Force Feedback Pro but the performance is extremely slow. My PC requirements are ok and so are my drivers and DirectX. I am running XP. Microsoft suggested i update my joystick software to Version 4 as I am running Ver...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jetway1

Reflection

Once in awhile if I look behind the aircraft, I see a reflection that almost looks like the sun but it is near the ground and follows the aircraft. I even see it at night. Does anyone know what it is and how to turn it off?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Dedicated to the technically disadvantaged!

Hello all! Just bought FS2004, as a great learning and enjoyment tool. My only problem (which is probably my biggest) is my old PC. Now, i am above box specs.... just. My PC: 500MHz Pentium 3 128MG SDRAM 64MG Nvidia GeForce MMX 400 "Complete Install...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
OrlandoGeorge on
FoxProGT

Where is the aircraft carrier in fs 2004

topic...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Moab on

ron ground school

hello i currently have fs2002 out of interest i would like someone to send me ron's ground school handbook so i could read in my spare time i am still wondering whether i should get fs2004 or wait for fs2006...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Arkydave on
Alphons

dash 8 doesn't work

I downloaded the Canadian DeHavilland Dash8 102. All files seem to sit in the right place in FS9 but cannot find plane when choosing an aircraft. any ideas ?/ Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pfrank on

CH flight yoke

i have both the CH flight yoke and the Saitek X45 stick/throttle set up and the question i have is this. The flight yoke is a more realist feeling of flying since that is what most GA aircraft use but my yoke won't center consistently. I mean when i pull ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WarHawk42 on
tomthetank

Games Tweaker

😀 Hi all While I was having lunch today I came upon a workmates pc mag and had a quick :read: and found an article about pc games and how to get the best out of your pc to improve the game Well most of it has been covered here in this very for...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Steeev

A solution to sound problems! Finally

😀 Sorry to keep harping on about sound guys, but I thought I'd share this with everybody, as it stopped me from enjoying this fine piece of software for a long time. Anyone who is having continuing sound problems, after following all other advi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RadarMan

New ATI 4.8 Drivers

Here's what I get with these settings and the ATI Radeon 9800 128 Pro with the new 4.8 Catalyst drivers (try them). Not my imagination, the FPS improved over the 4.3 drivers by 3 fps...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (My favorite aircraft) What settings are you u...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Display Problems: Scenery flickering (especially trees)

Hi. I hope someone might be able to solve a problem for me please. I am operating a 2.0GB/512 RAM/Windows XP system. A problem has developed on my FS2004. I have tried reloading but without success. The scenery flickers and in particular the trees. The ac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Game play issues

I got FS9 to work. However, I can't get the game to run smoothly. I close down everything but the game and still get the jerky movements and flight control lags. Here is what I have. It's a laptop too, so don't know if that has anything to do with i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Seideric

AOPA ASF Free Safety Seminars may be in your area.

AOPA ASF Free Safety Seminars The AOPA Air Safety Foundation (ASF) holds more than 200 safety seminars a year throughout the United States. These FREE seminars are held from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., and everybody's welcome. You do not have to be an AOPA ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Seideric on

joystick assignments

I just bought the Saitek X45 stick and throttle set up yesterday, and obviously there are a few more buttons than the basic MS stick I had before. Does anyone have suggestions on what buttons to assign to what, and what do people use the rotating wheels ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GUEST on

Opening menu just freezes

I installed FS2004 and when I dbl click the icon on the desktop the logo screen comes up and thats it. The game wont load. I have disc 4 in my cd-rom, but nothing. Anyone know why this may occur?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RadarMan

ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition

ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition This is for anyone who is thinking of dropping a few extra $ or £ on a super new card. Be sure to read the specs on FS9. (They tested with now old drivers) http://reviews.cnet.com/ATI_Radeon_X800_XT_Platinum...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Habu on
skye

What we want to see in FS2006

Like many others I would like to see many new things and many improvements on existing things in FS, but to have all these things at a standard we would all like you would probably need a super computer to run it so most of it is wishfull thinking, so I w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
skye on
Agus0404

Airbus checklist

Hello everybody! I'm making my own FS2004 folder with a lot of stuff, like checklist, charts, pictures, manuals, etc, etc, etc. I've been looking for Airbus chechlist everywhere, but there are some checklist for other planes that I don't have. Does an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on

ms fs 2006

pleasemake more ai airplanes in the airports!!! 😀 and let it be refueling trucks and push back trucks....more aircrafts taxing to gates and for takeoff 😀 😀 😀 😀 ........much more trafic in the air and for landing....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Why do my flights take so long

I fly for a virtual airline, but on some of my longer flights I arrive at my destination much too late. One such example is a recent flight from Boston to Heathrow, which is supposed to take only 6.5h and it took me about 14h. I use the flight plaaner to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
CaptainBlackadder

Airport Charts

😀 Hi All, Can anyone point me in the direction of where i can get my hands on some Free Airport Charts. I would like to understand more about them plus download them from the net. CaptainBlackadder 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainBlackadder on
tomthetank

Long haul

Ok so we all like fs9,but best of all we like taking off and landing,oh and perhaps watching a replay after 👍 Sometimes we may only have a 1/2 hour or so to spare,so next time you fly a full flight STOP(Alt/flights/save) and save your flight, sa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davec on
Steeev

Service Pack 2

Has anyone been bold enough to install Service Pack 2 for Windows XP yet? Does it mess with FS9? Do Microsoft care? No need to answer the last question , I already know....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
CyberStryder

Urgent flight plan "conversion" needed....

Hello, This might seem like a very strange request. I represent a group which urgently (less than 24 hours!) needs to "decode" the flight plan listed below. We are not aviators and none of us know how to plot the course(s). From what we have discovere...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CyberStryder on
jimimac

No left/right Pushback

i can get the pushback to work ok with the ms default planes shift +p then 1 or 2, but the 737ng just goes straight back theres no left or right turn does anyone know how to get the pushback to work ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkin on
Xpilot

MSFS 2004 add-on

Hi, Does anyone heaerd about new MSFS 2004 add-on which takes 13GB on hard disk,with more than 150 airlines and wjole world very close to reality scenery? 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Problem starting Flight Sim 2004?? CD4???

My father in law has purchased a copy of flight sim 2004 through ebay and when it arrived we installed it it had 4 discs......large program i thought. Must be well good. Istalation went smoothly but when we tried to run the program i heard cd4 spin up ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tricky2070 on
Xpilot

737ng

Could you explain,what does mean Transition altitude in FMC?Where can I get it from?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Arkydave on
Xpilot

Joining VATSIM!

Good day, I've registered at Vatsim,but there is nothing how to start for FS9,could you help me with what software I need and how to start to fly as pilot?And how can I connect to the server? I appreciate your help. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Arkydave on

FORCE FEEDBACK

DOES FS9 (FS2004) SUPPORT FORCE FEEDBACK????...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tricky2070 on
tricky2070

GPS

Is there any way to show other surrounding aircraft on the GPS besides your own. Cheers....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Paiute on
jetman35

HURRICANE

Anybody out there flying into hurricane Charley? 😳 Jetman...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
jettaman

HELP!!! Throttle /Combat Stick (assignments)

Can anyone tell me how to (set or download) throttle and stick assignments... Problem- is that i cant assign various hatch settings on my pro throttle ...it just says Hatch7 (need to assign Hatch 7 as something ) ..(like landing gear) ect HELP!!! PLEASE...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
InvisibleSurfer

Assistance with Missed approaches

Hi all, I was wondering if you could offer some assistance in missed approaches. During my Instrument Checkride, I am being asked to "turn around and perform a missed approach". I've searched for missed approach lessons but couldn't find any. I would real...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hawkump on
ATPL

What means GCSE in education?

Hi there, I am foreignerand in my country we don't have GCSE levels,could you explain what does it mean?I am interested in pilot training they require 5 GCSE at grade C or above,how to understand this? T...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Xpilot on
nottobe

fs2004 requires much better computer?

my 1.0 GHz cpu 512mb ram computer works fine with 2002. but doesn't seem to be working for 2004, jerky all the way. do I need a 3.4 GHz computer for 2004? and what is good about 2004? thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
yahiavankampen

FS9 viewing and aerodynamics

😂 Hi guys, Tweaking the F117 for FS9 I came across a phenomenon that took me about 24 hours to figure out. Using an aliassed Mig panel I noticed breaking out of the F117 (that jet-motorized lifting body) in turns, when changing view from outside...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
elkinallen2

A Good St. Maarten Scenery Add-on

Can someone help me with finding the St. Maarten scenery add on? It is the one that has the approach end fence. you know the chain link fence that Air France smacks occasionaly?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
elkinallen on
mrnosliw

commercial speed

whats the fastest commercial plane? link for dl please? 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Screenshots Keyboard Command

What do I press to take a screenshot while flying flight simulator and where do I go to view it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
dliggett

keyboard chart in 2004 kneeboard gone?

Help does anyone know what files I might have deleted to lose the keyboard charts in all my planes. where I can get them or someone send me the files. or will I have to reinstall fs9 to get it back? :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Tom.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

hi folks. i want to buy microsoft flight simulator 2004 because i like sim games like this one. i want to know if the games comes with an strategy guide or something like that to help me doing landings, take offs, etc etc etc. i read that the game has a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Page 101 of 111