Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Byron

Flt. Planner

I have the new patch for FS9 and just discouvered that when I try to use the flt. planner I'm getting a message that says " problem with FS9" which then restarts the sim. Does this have something to do with Direct X9? Any help would be appreciated. All el...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Byron on
spuddi

autopilot leveller on default boeings

Hey, i've just noticed that on my default boeing 737-400 the wing leveller disengage button is missing. If I look at the learning centre and look up autopilot. it has a screenshot that shows the 737-400 autopilot panel with the leveller button on the righ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Byron on
wrightyway

Dealing with ATC request "Go around"

Hi There, If anyone has any useful tips for dealing with the ATC request on final approach "go around" I would appreciate it. I am sure I have read some info before on this subject but can not find the post. Kind regards Paul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wrightyway on
baseballfool247

What are the hardest airports to land at in Fs2004

what r some flight plans too to fly...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
hiflyer

Reboot Problem after installing MSFS 2004

Hi, 😂 My first post so be gentle on this old timer <grin>...... Just installed 2004 A Century of Flight and all seemed ok but when shutting down my pc instead of doing a normal warm reboot it drops into disk check mode then ends up as...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on
Muskardin

Cessna C208 Caravan Amphibian

In my versoin of fs2004 this airplane (Cessna C208 Caravan Amphibian) alway steers left, no matter if joystick ist aktivated or deaktivated. I have the same problem with C208B Grad Caravan. All other planes fly properly. Does anyone have the same Probl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
rtclement

Environment File

Hi I am new to this site. I like the layout of it and the files. My question is does anyone know where I can locate an enviroment file that I once had to increase the number of stars in the night sky? ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Spartan

VOR

I am just learning, via the Training Centre etc. in the game, how to navigate using VOR. However I am not sure of where you input the frequency of the desired VOR station, whilst sat in the cockpit. I would be grateful of any help. Cheers Spar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nevk on
maddoc

tu-160 blackjack

i just posted my version of a Tupolev 160 russian bomber on my flightsim page for download. it has a pretty good vc, retractable wings and a pretty neat landing gear. i think the flight characteristics could be improved, so if you are good at that sort of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
maddoc on
mjp

FAQ on adding scenery?

I've been having some problems adding scenery, now fs2004 is crashing. There seems to be a lot of ways to add scenery--to your add-ons folder, to the main folder, editing the scenery.cfg file, adding through the settings. Some of them tell you to replace ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
mjp

Best Joystick?

Any feedback is appreciated. I've never owned one, except my old Atari ones. Right now I have the Logitech Wingman 3D FF, it seems kinda loose and touchy and rough. I am tempted to just get a spring mounted one for better centering and smoothness. I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jitsugrappler on
Guest Ed

Collapsed landing gear?

Hi, Last night I was flying the King Air 350 into Haines, Alaska and I guess I came in too fast and too steep-- when the nose wheel came down, it gave way and the plane was sliding along on its nose! There was an unpleasant scraping sound, until we ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
my_redboat

JOystick problems force feedback 2

When using FS2004 the joystick does not work, the joystick appears to work i.e. I can feel the forces when not in n FS, but when in FS nothing works. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have reloaded software and still no luck. thanks in adv...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
ArchAngel_06

SKY BABY GOLD

Is the SKY BABY GOLD model payware? If not can someone give me the site to download it from?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ArchAngel_06 on
baseballfool247

where can i find the new Top Avionics 777-300 v2.0 Panel

i want to find a free one or atleast a crack for it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Not Flightsim, but still really neat (DOOM 3 SPOILER!)

I beat Doom 3 not too long ago. Talk about a frightening experience! I'm glad it's over, but I'm gonna start a new game again soon! Anyway, I was absolutely blown away by the graphic quality of this game! There wasn't one thing I would change about it!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on

Several questions from one with ZERO experience

Hi. I am interested in MSFS2004, but I have never owned a flight simulator and I have a few questions. Thanks for your time. 1) For someone who knows NOTHING about flight, will I be able to play the game? I mean, how great is the learning curve? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Doom 3 problem

Hello. I'm at my wit's end with this, and am going to call tech support tomorrow if I dont get this worked out. Maybe someone can help. Ok, this happens after my PC has been logged on as me for a while, usually after about 45 mintes. I go to load up Do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Michael_H

Is there an ICAO listing for airport codes?

I'm looking for a site where I can find the airport code by typing in the name of the city (which is not usually the name of the airport) I know I can do this in FS9, but was wondering if there was a website with that info....thanks..Michael...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Agus0404

I need help with the NAV button

Hello pilots! As you may notice, I need help with the NAV button on the Auto Pilot. What is it? What is it for? How can I use it? I read the Auto Pilot help in the Learning Center, but I still don't know what is that button for and how can I use it. Any h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
danaudio

GPS 500 in FS2004

Hello, Anyone knows how to activate MAP mode in this GPS to show the actual MAP during navigation ... My GPS500 has the VNAV button and the gps video shows the TERR button .. tx DAN...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
davec

What is a fortnight???

Someone, some where in this forum asked the question "What is a fortnight?" Don't know if anyone has answered yet - so here goes- a fortnight is fourteen nights (or fourteen days!!) Common term in the UK and comes from Old English foeyertyen niyte. I hav...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
TomPPP

Landing a Cub in a crosswind

Why do I have so much trouble landing the Piper Cub in a direct 8 mph crosswind (with rudder control activated)? I think I am using the correct technique but have wreaked a bunch of Cubs. Is a real Cub that hard to land in a crosswind? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TomPPP on
kevin2003

Water Textures....All at Sea!

Dear Fellow Simmers I was wondering wheither anyone might know the cause and remedy of FS9 water textures appearing as square tiles and usually of different shade of blue. I thought it might be an antialiasing problem as I always have mine switched of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kevin2003 on

How to start Instructor's Station

I am having problem locating the .exe file for the instructor's station in FS9.0 installation - it might be somethign stupit, but can someone help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Smileyone on
Starky

Problem with 2D panel

Hi, after adding some aircrafts and panels, I am facing an odd problem now: In cockpit view I donĀ“t see any 2D panels anymore. The odd thing is, when I switch to window mode (ALT+ENTER), the 2D panel shows, but when I switch to fullscreen, they disapp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
teemac777

TUPOLEV TU-330

check this out radar, i got the TUPOLEV TU-330 in, however i cant hear the engines and theres no color, i can hear the flaps and the gear, when i unzipped it i saw no wav files was that a flaw or what do i do in this case,,,,,,thx for the help, ( im getti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
teemac777

installing

i need help unzipping my downloads into my flightsim, i can unzip them but dont know how to get them into the flightsim so i can fly em,( the planes) todd,,,,,,,thx 🙄...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Agus0404

Aviation books

Hello pilots! I'm looking for some aviation books so that I can expand my knowledge about aviation. As you may notice before, I am an aviation lover so everything that relates with that is perfect for me. I'd like to have some books containing airport ch...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Bambicruz

Help with FS2000 Scenery !!!

Can anyone send me the original FS2000 Scenery.cfg file? my FS2000 wont run anymore because the file is corrupted or something, and I cant reinstall FS2000 cause I dont have the installation CDs anymore, I tried to copy the scenery.cfg file from my FS2004...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bambicruz on
Agus0404

Time Zone problems

Hello pilots! I'm having time zone problems and I'd really like to solve them. I fly for a VA and time zone is really important. I posted a message in my VA forum and they gave me some programs that solve time zone problems. Ok, they are useful, but I wa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on

Help, I'm new to this game.

After I take off on my plane, how do I know where to go and reach my destination? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
kevin2003

EditVoicePack probs

Dear Fellow Simers, I've got so much so much out of the forum in recent weeks I'm almost starting to feel guilty.Anyway here goes...... The above is a great program and ATC rcognises my selected callsign but my problem is my AI pilot does'nt. Al...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
Jyrki2

Why the membership costs?

Yup, I'm asking why it costs? You don't have sponsors? :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davec on
Babis

PAPI lights

Help with PAPI lights.I cannot see them clearly anymore. Any idea of what might be wrong ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
Rafi

Some help with ATC

How can I establish a connection with destination air port tower with ATC panel with out waiting or looking for the near by airports.(without GPS) For example: I want to ask for directions some 100 miles before landing and all around me some times severa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
gdcom-2

Pilot shoulder stripes (i know this has nothing todo with fs

Hey people im 18 and from the UK. Got a question i've always wanted to know. I am going to start my flying lessons again and would like to know whether anyone getting or has their PPL wears pilots uniform (shirt, tie 'Stripes') because i'd like to look th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dickpilot on
logowatchman

FS2004 update v1.1 - Corrupt Files

I recently installed FS2004 update pack v1.1 offered by Microsoft and now when I start FS2004, it freezes and i get an error msg which says Completing setup. Generating scenery file indexes. A little searching on the net revealed that this apparently ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
OrlandoGeorge on
Bigman_j

Help the new guy

Hey, I am new to the flight sims. Can you all help me? I am not able to get the other airplanes on the ground. I can't taxi my plane either. How do I get other planes like the 727 or L-1011 on my game? Thanx in advance for the help 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
P_Thomas22

Flight Planner

First a big hello to everyone.....My first post. I'm a bit confused on the flight planner, I can do vor flight paths no prob and perfectly, but if i want to use the actually flight paths , like a low altitude flight what do i do to tune for intersectio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
P_Thomas22 on
Agus0404

Error in SCENARY.CFG

Hello pilots! Today I installed FS Real Time, but I didn't like it and I decided to uninstall it. There's some problems... 1) I can't uninstall it because of some reason. 2) When I start FS2004 a message shows up with something like this: "Error in S...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
anaselg

Is it possible to download FS98/2000 ??

Im looking so bad for either FS98 or FS2000 installation files. is it possible to download them somewhere on the net? if Yes, can someone show me exactly where and how to do that? Thanks a lot in advance!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
anaselg

How to change language in FS98 ????

I have FS98 in italian but I want to change it to English/French, is it possible to do, if yes, how?? thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Xpilot

Wind problems!

Hi there, Does anyone of you have such problem,I am using Real weather updating every 15 minutes,but the shit is that,almost every time I fly and when I am at cruise altitude winds changing every minute,slowing or increasing plane speed,so it's not lik...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mystere on
nomads

error installing 727 ad on

when i try to install 727 professional for fs 04 the setup show that it cant load fstype can anyone help me with this problem 😛...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davec on
tomthetank

Any ATC or real pilots?

😕 Ok I have a question for you,I have d/loaded a real ATC flight ➡ https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/2888/as-real-as-it-gets/ Its very good......but As I approach Milan I am told by ATC to continue high speed after fl10000...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
michlin

Altitude for short commuter flights

I base many of my flights out of Boston's Logan airport. One flight I like to do is a commuter flight from KBOS to JFK which is about 185 nm. What would be an appropriate altitude for a commercial airliner for this 40 minute flight? TIA, michlin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
captain2006+

MSFS2006

MORE AIRLINES BRITISH AIRWAYS SWISS AIR AUSTRIAN LUFTHANSA DELTA AIR UNITED AIRLINES EMIRATES SAUDIAN AIRLINES ROYAL JORDANIAN TURKISH AIRLINES EGYPT AIR JAL AUSTRALIAN AND OTHER PLEASE...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
kerrysr

View Keep Changing

My views (cockpit, virtual, etc) keep changing and I cant stop them. I want to keep one view only. What gives?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
1234dfgv

gray mist instead of scenery

please help , when i play fs2004 the sceney is just grey, i move the sliders up to improve scenery but it does not change anything i am running xp , p4 2.4 ghz, radeon 7500 128 megs graphics , please help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Page 97 of 111