Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

A380

I just have a few questions here. I was reading the stuff posted on the A380 and i dont understand what they ment when they said 13 billion dollars to develop. But what im asking is how much does it cost to make an A380. Also this is more of questio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
horrgakx

Airbus A340 Pro throttle question! Grrr!

Whenever I'm trying to land the auto throttle seems to go all the way forward in TO/GA mode. It doesn't retard either, it just continues on past the aircraft safe speed and the wings peel off 😳 How the * do I disable the auto throttle? (I'...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
overhead

yep,downloading aircraft,i need help!

i download the plane to my comp.its in a zipped folder,i then extract the file. then i double click my comp. program files,microsoft games,fs9,i then drag the corresponding files together from my comp. to my fs9 files. ok this isnt working for me,because ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
mypilot

fs2002

I am just curious but when I bought my flight simulator 2002 (I now have fs9) and installed it, I got not only the flight simulator, but also a game called "Flighter Ace 2. Did everybody get it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Chris102

Landing Thrust Power?

Do you land with full power? What I mean is do you land with the throttle pushed all the way up or down or somewhere in between?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
boomshiko on
Bindolaf

A couple of advanced (for me) questions

Ok, it's going much better with flying and landing, even jets. Couple of questions though: Flight plans: What are high level, low level etc airways? I assume they are "prearranged" roads so to speak. When I try to fly them, I still get a "VOR to VOR" f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
Vin4evr

Tango

THis could be a silly question. what does "Tango" means in atc terms?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
horrgakx

Airbus A380 engine question

Reading a little bit about the A380 engines on this site - two options are available, the Rolls Royce and the Pratt & Whitney. Does anyone have a source of info that explains the difference between the two or links to info about each one? D....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
morrisspider

I can't get beyond Disk 2 during the installation...help

I can't get any further than disk 2 when I try to install FS2004. The error message that comes up is: Set up failed to extract files D:\MSGames6.CAB. This is most likely caused by low memory or currupted cabinet file. I have an up to date PC runnin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
makonnenl on
cambo

flight planner dificulties

whats up with the flight planner for fs 2004? all transatlantic flights seem to get routed through the far side of alaska, its a real pain in the arse. you can deleat all the waypoints between the two airports, but it takes the realism out of it for me,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cambo on
crosscheck9

when do you turn off enginees

hey, when at the gate after TD, when do you turn of engines. sorry, im in a rush. have to get to class. thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
crosscheck9

red substance sprouting out of my 747..strange

hi, i just downloaded a 747, and i took off from riyadh's king khaled airport, but as i got the plane at a stable climb after takeoff, i went to the spot view, and noticed red dots sprouting all over the place, out of the rear end of the plane. it wa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
The-GPS-Kid

Wilco ERJ 145

Hi, Don't know if anyone else has bought this brand new released add-on on CD yet ? The plane is fantastic in everyway, from the models to the VC and amazing panel. However the ILS is almost impossible to track (as many have pointed out on FeelTh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Holy cow you guys

It just dawned on me that i've posted 0ver 1000 times...where did all the time go? AND, for that matter, where's my honorary box of sausages?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
heiert

Travel Joy Stick?

Just a quick question. Does anyone know of any joy sticks that are smaller that would be suitable for travel. Something that would controll the flight of the aircraft along with using the keyboard? Thank you for your time....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
99jolegg

G-Force Question on Display

Hi, When you press SHIFT + Z twice in FS9, the frame rates appear and the fuel appear, and one other feature. In the middle it has +GS : 1 which changes from time to time. What does it mean? Thanks a lot 😀 😀 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Fire_Emblem_Master

I get to be Rammstein!!!

YAY, I found out that there's a lyp-synching contest going down at my skool. I'm gonna hopefully get a bunch of dudes to do the Rammstein song "Amerika" I'll need some cokes, and a bra!!! Best day of my life!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
dan741749

Shift+E to open doors?

I know that shift+e will open the doors, but I recall that at one point I could do shift+e+2 and so on to open additional doors. When I do this, one of the instrument windows (like the GPS) will open instead of a door opening. Any thoughts?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

computer specs

I just got a new computer, i am not really concerned about all of the graphic settings set to the max but will this new computer run FS9 at an average level? My current computer won't run it at all. Specs include. Processor - Intel Pentium 4 Processo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DonWood on
Guest Ed

"Resume Own Navigation"

I don't know if this is a question or just an observation-- I have noticed that when I fly IFR in FS09, soon after takeoff I get the instruction to "Resume own navigation." I have always taken that to mean that I should proceed to fly my established flig...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DonWood on
mypilot

flight plans

Should I deleat some of my flight plans after I get done with them so my computer has more memory room. I saw my flight simulator files and I noticed I had almost 150 flight plans!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
RadarMan

Birds for FS2004

It was just released and I haven't had a chance to try it yet. File Description: BIRDS FOR FS2004 VERSION 1.0 Full package to create bird formations in FS2004. 5000 flightplans of geese in ā€˜Vā€™- formation at various altitudes, worldwide coverage. E...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
Chris102

Western White House/Camp David

I've been flying around the restricted airspace in Texas and Maryland, trying to find Camp David and the Western White House. Has anyone ever seen them in the game?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
bsamson

Adjusting the Pitch Trim ...

Hello. I have yet another question. 🙂 Adjusting the Pitch Trim, how is it done? Let's say the airspeed is currently 80, and the trim is adjusted correctly to maintain that. Therefore producing level flight. Now if I manually adjust the speed and m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WarHawk42 on
Chris102

Restricted/Phrohibited Airspace

I can't get the ATC to tell me to get out of Restricted Airspace. I've even landed on the White House lawn in the default Bell helicopter, and still nothing. Is there a trick to it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Ogdendunes2001

Changes for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2006

To whom it may concern: I am a former Ramp Supervisor for United Airlines. I am going back to graduate school for my MBA. What I would like to see is up-to-date aircraft with releastic sound and panals. Also, if it snowing at O'Hare least make the s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Temporary on
mypilot

[ Poll ] 7E7-787?

I heard that boeing is going to change the name of the 7E7 to 787 to continue their tradition. Do you think that they will? Go to www.seattlepi.newsource.com/business/203750_boeing15.html for more information....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Chris102

Landing Jet in Water without Crashing

Is there an addon that allows you to land a jet in the water without crashing?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
michlin

Speed Up VC Pan Rate

I discovered that the pan rate in virtual cockpit can be increased by changing the value in fs9.CFG from its default 400 up to as high as 900. This also affects the "spot view" pan rate. PAN_RATE=800...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
horrgakx

.DLL and Runway problems

Hi - I've got a couple of problems, can anyone help please? First, when FS2004 loads it gives a "VIMACORE.DLL" error. I also get "VistaMare Core FS Interface Error, Could not load REFUEL.DLL". Second, a couple of runways aren't right in my Lago Geo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
pontxo_manzanilla

Problems with uninstall

Hi: I have Flight Simulator 9 and I want to uninstall it. I go to Control Panel, Add or Remove programs but when I select Flight Simulator, the system does not uninstall anything!. After I though in deleting the folder of the game, but I want to remove...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
Vin4evr

Drag

Does anyone notice a drag after adding more AI traffic? my comp is p4 3.2Ghz, 1gig of ram, 256 mb video card etc......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
IFC2005

IFC Announces dedicated voice server

The International flightsim convention Announces Dr Flightsim the conventions very own voice server sponsored by Voice1.us, every Tuesday and Thursday nights you can talk to a full team of experts who are online to help with any flightsim rela...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
IFC2005 on
nottobe

how to get the task bar on the top while in full screen?

or maybe just called tool bar, so you can do something about it, like file, edit, view.........

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthdance on

input on GPS

I have read the post on how to use the ILS approach, and towards the bottom it mentions inputting an airport into the GPS which makes the aircraft follow the pink line(on the GPS) throughout the flight. But, i cannot find out how to type the airport into...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
bsamson

FS'04 - Newby Question about Rudder ...

I am new to both FS'04, and Flying. Please keep that in mind 🙂. Here's the situation. When I am on the runway for take off, I give it full throttle the plan always runs off the runaway before I am at full speed. After a bit of reading, I believe r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
tricky2070

Some Amazing Plane Crashes!!

Thought you guys might be interested in these photo's http://www.micom.net/oops/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
sfetty

Sidewinder Precision Pro incompatibility

Just tried to install the software that came with my Microsoft SideWinder Precision Pro joystick. I get an error message that says the software is not compatible with my Windows XP. What are my options ❓ 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RandyComo on
Chris102

Latitude/Longitude

How do I find the latitude/longitude of a building in NYC to use in FS9?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
Chris102

Starting Point

Is it possible to create a new starting point/airport with latitude/longitude?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
makonnenl

Auto Pilot

When is the best time to engage auto pilot ❓ is it soon after take off while climding or soon after I have reached my desired altitude ❓ ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on

reality

I would like to see more realistic scenery and effects. For example, engine smoke, or even better, spray from wet runways. Second, what's the deal with "overcast" and low visability on the ground and then you start to climb to altitude and it becomes clea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest on
Chris102

Decompression

Is there a program that allows you to decompress the plane, and end up like this?: ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
D-OCHO

Kneeboard popping up

Every time I fly my FS 2004 the kneeboard keeps popping up. It is getting irritating. :evil: WinXP Pro FS 2004 9.1 patch Microsoft Side Winder Precision Pro Joystick...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on

FS2002 vs FS2004

Hey I have been reading around and I haven't really found which sim is better for actual real world instruction. From what I have gathered, however, is that FS2002PRO is a little more serious when it comes down to instruments and mechanics. Is this true...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
crosscheck900

tough yet fun plane to fly

hi, i downloaded this concorde, which was ment for fs2002, but it works well for fs2004. It comes with the checklist and all straight into the electronic kneeboard, so it gives you the instructions to fly it. I took off, (very difficult) and climbed...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck900 on
sonnu

resolution problem

Hi I have a 17" LCD monitor by Samsung (SyncMaster 710N) and Radeon9600 graphics card.Got the latest drivers for the monitor as well for the graphics card. I can get full screen only when I set the game resolution (in the game options) to 800x600.If I s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
makonnenl

EMERGIN TECHNOLOGY (must read)

Hello, I was reading a magazine EMERGING TECHNOLOGY and something caught my eyes that said "Synthetic Vision is no fake" and I am posting few lines. " Synthetic Vision replaces an airplane's traditional horizon display with a detailed view of the terra...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
The anonymous Guest

Another Virtual Airline

Ok, id like as much feed back here as possible. Fire_emblem told me before to join DVA, and then in another post he said dont join it because it sucks? So im confused. So my question is what is a really good VA? any feed back would be nice....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
crosscheck9

ngc schedule.....any ideas

does anyone know when national geographic channel shows "Air Emergency". I went to their website, but I cant find a continuous schedule. If you could find out, I would appreciate it. ps: for those of you who dont know it, its awesome, all about..we...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Page 91 of 111