Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Chris102

Repaint

How do you repaint a plane?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davec on
jimimac

airport altitudes

i have noticed when at the airport the altimeter may read 138 or 1000 etc and not zero so is it standard procedure to reset the altimeter to zero before starting your flight, also can anyone help with a conversion table to change from millibars to inches....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkin on
SK8Z27

CH YOKE QUESTION

I just bought the CH Products yoke and I was just wondering how I should set up the sensitivities and null for the most realistic feel. I've tried different levels, but I'd like to know how some real pilots or avid simmers have it set up for the most rea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SK8Z27 on
The-GPS-Kid

PLEASE HELP THE GPS KID - I need to use FSUIPC !

Hi Folks, I need to use FSUIPC (unfortunately I don't even know what it stands for!)..... I need to use FSUIPC because I have a couple of Add-ons that have a bug regarding "Battery Life".... whereby the electrics will fail due to the core FS system ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
nrkazmi

A Strange problem related to Engines

For the last few days I am experiencing a strange problem. This almost occurs with most of the aircraft. The problem is that I am all set to take off my Cessna 172/182 or for that purpose any other aircraft. I release brakes and either increase throttle b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Chris102

Easy Airports

Are there any airports near each other that are directly centered and no turning is required to land at airport b?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkin on
Elkinallen

Just got back from Barrow in the TU-114

Flew 144 GI's from Barrow Alaska back to Fairbanks in the TU-114, So, I have posted some screenshots. Reckon they'l be up soon....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkin on
cbrookhart

position on runway for takeoff/landing

In FS2004, I mainly use the Cessna 182 plane since that seems to be the only one I can control at the current time without getting overspeed alarms and having dramatic changes in heading and altitude. Anyway, it seems that every time I taxi, takeoff, or l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkin on
Chris102

Whoops!

I accidentally deleted the 747-400 file that came with the game! Would someone kindly email it to me? Thanks! cdd117@hotmail.com...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
a guest

flight simulator

i wasn't sure which forum topic to post this under so i apologize. If anyone knows of any flight simulator or flight simulator demo that ican download, please post it and the website it can be downloaded at. (i just want to get a feel for them before i ac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

johannesburg

when ever i try to load up johannesburg airport (airworx scenery) FS crashes is there a fix for this? cheers for any help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
farmer135

BGLCOMP.exe???

ok i got this scenery object and it say you can move it with a program called BGLCOMP.exe but i dont what this is or how to get it. Can anyone help me with my problem?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Chris102

Air Force One Limousine Copy

On this website here, I'm trying to get the limos to work with another Air Force One compatable with FS9. Does anyone know what files that come with this plane control the motorcade? Also, does this plane work in FS98?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
Chris102

Fraps Screenshots crashes

Whenever I try to take screenshots with Fraps, I hit the hot key and the game freezes and shuts down. Any help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
nrkazmi

Imperfect Landings

My question may sound ignorant to lot of ace experts over here, but this problem has baffled me for days. The Question is that say I am flyng from Airport A to Airport B, without an ILS landing system. Somewhere near the destination airport, I hit a NDB w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Agus0404

Two problems with the POSKY A430-300

Hello dear pilots! I'm having two problems with that aircraft: 1. The Reverse Thrust doesn't work when I make a touchdown. 2. I can only set the flaps into 20 degrees. I can't set them to full. I press the buttom but it doesn't work. Any help? T...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Chris102

X Key

In the FS9 book, it says "X=Land Me". What is this? Does it automatically land you? Also, when I taxi up to the gas station, and I press SHIFT+TAB, I still can't add fuel to the plane. Any help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on

HELP: problems with nocd fix

HELP I have added the nocdfix and now i cant get in to my hard drive it just starts flightsim...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
maddoc

p3-orion firefighter beta version

i posted a beta version of a p3-orion i have been working on on my download page. it is configured as a california fire fighting plane with belly tanks for fire retardant. i have not done the vc or added the retardant drop effect. i include the fsds input...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
maddoc on
Berk

cant play FS2004 :(

I have installed FS2004 as complete. I copied over the no-cd fs9.exe (504kb) started it and XP says FS2004 has encounted a problem and needs to close. The problem is with FS9.exe version 9.0.030612 modname user32.dll something about a unhandled exception ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Chris102

Joystick Left Wing Problem

With my joystick, when flying, I pull back on the joystick, but the plane's left wing just goes in the air. Any help you can give?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Agus0404

Changing panel to the default panel.

Hello pilots! I was about to make a flight with an A340-300 Air France and I noticed that the panel is completely different. I downloaded that aircraft and it came with that panel, and I don't like it. It doesn't have the gauges I want! So, what I want t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Claude217

FS2006

1. on VFR flightplan, Request different type of landing on approach(as GPS) rather than giving clearance for downwind. Even though, clear weather, wish to enter via ILS, you get clearance for visual downwind. 2. with GPS, NRST airport = nice to have whic...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Claude217 on
spuddi

A340 Pro

I'm thinking of buying the "A340 Proffessional" CD. I nearly always fly the big jets IFR (VOR-VOR) I tend to stay in the cockpit during the flight so the panel and the Virtual Cockpit are important to me. I tend to not use the GPS much however would lik...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Elkinallen

Moving to Germany

I'll be off line from the 21st to about the 26th of this month. Then from the 8th of Nov to tthe 10 nov. I am flying out on the 8th. flying on and old DC-10-30!! GREAT!!!! Right up my alley!!!! The 'ol 'steamers'. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
AcieR

BiG bIRD

fS2006 , should have birds flyin about ,maybe have one caught in the Engine ....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
nottobe

can I set up my laptop to play fs2004

is there anything like usb2 external video card out there? so i just need to plug it to an external monitor to play? and how a laptop can handle the game? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
coolsan on
Elkinallen

How do you get winds aloft in the flight planner?

Does FS9 give winds aloft? If so, where is the,,, secret key?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
SK8Z27

Ordering from Lagosim

I just orderred the Twin Otter add-on plane from Lago sim and their information doesn't seem too clear about downloading. I purchased it and then went and downloaded the file I thought it was and now it's asking for a serial code when I use the installer...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Riclo on
Agus0404

Turning Final

Hello everybody! I've had this problem before and I couldn't find any solution. When I am flying IFR and I'm about to land, the ATC tells me instructions to turn. Then, I'm approaching the airport and ATC doesn't tell me anything, so I have to cancel IFR ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
edr1073

Previous Posting Sound Studders...

I reinstalled FS9 and did the 9.1 update. I installed the CD-No crack and now I have the following problems with 9.1 update: I know that I can uninstall the update that is no problem. But I have flown the Cessna 172 on four times and the Boeing 737-4...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
redjay

Joysticks

What joystick does everyone use in FS9?? I use a crappy £10 made by PCWorld. The throttle doesnt work properly, although increases in power can be done smoothly, pushing the joystick throttle up to max does not max the power on the aircraft, simarlarl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tweeks on
dude23

Flight Simulator 2006 release date??

All I wanna know is when the game is supposed to release?? Does it come out in 2005?? If you know, when?? I feel this will be a very realistic game and I would like to be able to buy it right when it comes out....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Homer09001 on
enyce

is the video card i have good enough?

hey i have a computer system i built myself (very proud of me!) im 16 yrs old and this is wat i have built...MSI K7N2-V(MS-6729), AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 512 MB PC3200, 2 Maxtors 80 GB HDs and a Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 over clocked to 300/451 Mhz. My monitor ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
enyce on
Mifares

P3-P ORION, where can i found one

❓ ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
maddoccanis on
Chris102

FDSFX

Is there anyway to replace the music that came with FDSFX with other songs??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
plevys

No CD cracks ".rar file?"

Sorry for the stupid question but what is a .rar file? I am trying to use the No-CD crack and my system and myself is at a total loss. Thanks in advance and thank you for your patience. 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
bendover

Which jet is fastest?

I like to pretend i'm superman and fly up super close to buildings....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Steeev

Now the bl**dy thing won't start!

Hi guys n gals. Right, God only knows what's happened here... I installed a load of addons, such as Learjet textures, and AEU etc. When I tried firing FS9 up, nothing, just stops responding. "Silly me for not backing my files up" I thought, bit the bul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
kevin2003

Curious Sound problem

Dear fellow Simmers, for some unexplained reason I have just lost the tyres/asphalt sound on my runways.Curiously,the sound returns once I turn onto a taxiway.I have'nt fiddled with my settings and the only thing I've added in the last 24 Hours is Manuel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Rafi

Frame Rate and Sound

To my surprise I just now found out that in my computer there is up to 9 frame rate different between running the simulator on silent mode (or No Sound) and the normal mode with sound. Is it in my computer only or you members have the same symptom. Pleas...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
52nd_Charlie

Review: Voice Buddy 2.0

posted Thu October 14 2004 11:59 This is a quick post to let everyone know that we just posted our review for eDimensional's new Voice Buddy 2.0 software. Take a look and see what you think of the new technology they are developing. www.virtualfligh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Fredericia01

No-cd patch made for FS9.1

Here´s a link to the new crack,I haven´t tried it yet,but I´m sure going to test it 😀 https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15244/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004-v91-no-cd-patch/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sWEATYpALMS

High pitched squeeling noise

Anyone else have this problem? It's very irritating. Probably killed a few braincells alraedy! Help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
redjay

Flight Manual for A320 Downloaded Aircraft

JUst downloaded a BMI a320 from ifdg. Is there anywhere I can download a basic flight manual for the a320? I mean the basic ones like for the default aircraft on fs9 where the correct settings are given i.e flap settings for descent and landings or ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
NoiseBoy

Problem with installation.

Hi I'm having pretty major problems installing FS2004, it worked fine on my old computer but on my new PC.... I can nearly install completely, all the files are installed on the computer and the icon is on my desktop, but when i click the icon a ter...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Donkey2

Mountains are filled in with water

Has anyone else had the problem where it appears as if the valleys between mountains are filled with water? If so, how do you fix it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Av8r77

Over Clock Your Video Card

Check this out. It works! http://www.g4techtv.com/screensavers/features/47977/Overclock_Your_Video_Card.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Av8r77 on
HayWire

How to undo Auto-Pause

For instance, if i wanted to surf the web and fly from new york to los anglesas, I wuold simply press alt+enter to get the game in a small window. But, as soon as i click outside of the game window, it automatically pauses! Does microsoft really th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on
tomthetank

FS9 update and nocd patch

😀 If you are having problems there is an alternative which I think 🤔 passed you all by the other day :doh!: Rafi and :radar: came up with the perfect answer for everyone...........Create a virtual CD 4 and run fs9 with the original ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Page 98 of 111