Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Chris102

FlightDeck SFX Panel

Does anyone know if there is an addon for FlightDeck SFX Panel (FDSFX) that announces an emergency landing?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
Cernan

Need advice for VOR to VOR navigation

Boy oh boy, 'gotta hand it to you real life flyers out there. This VOR training's driving me nuts! I pretty much understand the concept behind VOR navigation, but the problem lies with me when it comes to its application. Using a Cessna plane for train...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
Rafi

Setting Nocd with the new patch

My current NoCd exe file working with the new patch. So what I did so far ,I renamed it to “NoCd.exe” put it in the root sub dir off the flight simulator and opened a desktop icon to run it. So now I can start the fs9 new patch with or without CD...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
dingodring

black screen using palmspotter in busy airports

anyone know why i get a black screen when using the palmspotter from UT it only seems to happen at a big airport ie heathrow. click on the palm spotter enter the airport code it lists all the flights then the screen goe's black and crashes. other smaller...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
horrgakx

FS9.1 No-CD patch?

Just a bit of confusion here, does the no-CD patch (as discussed here https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/41/fs-2004-no-cd-crack-file/ ) work on the new FS9.1 version? Judging by the dates on the posts above this patch is pre-v9.1?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
kevin2003

G.P.S. in FS9-Non ILS approaches

Dear fellow Simmers, why do all(or most) of the non ILS approaches loaded in the GPS arrive at their destination at an angle substantially different to the heading of the active runway. Turning finals over the thresshold is a white knuckle ride and break...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
edr1073

Sound Studders...!!!...????

FS9 when it has been installed for about 3 months more or less the ATC studders and stammers..??? I have a 2k box, gig of ram, 30 gig harddrive, 128 mb vidioecard (AGP) and occording to MS I have the latest drivers for my soundcard SB Live (PCI) 16 bit. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
michlin

Cool FS Addons

I came across this Japanese site. The person offers some free add ons for flight sims. So far I installed the Volkswagen Beetle convertible. On the Beetle the headlight work, the convertible top goes down (Shft + E). The steering wheel, gas pedal actu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davec on

Dry dock

Man Dry Dockin the boats for the winter sucks lol just came in to say hiya and hope all is well . thats one good thing about my job i have the hole winter off to fly my sim 😛 Timothy AKA: MOAB...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Elkinallen

FRAPS

I have reinstalled it several times. The problem is 50% of the time I use it FS( crashes with therror saying...'encountered an error and has to shut down...' Any help on this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
Elkinallen

TCAS For any FS9 Aircraft

Just wondering. Does anyone want to have a TCAS that can go into any fs9 aircraft? The VSI and the Transponder are replaced. that's it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
Tommy Gunn

Working radar for aircraft???

I would like to try and find an aircraft download that has working radar, so that when flying multi-player i can actually find my mate again!! Can anyone point me in the direction of a good download? And does anybody know, can you download a radar that ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
NeoMorph

VatSim And Avc

❓ i need help using vatsim and avc. i dont understand alot about it, can i only use it when there is a "fly-in" or can i use it when i want and if there is some ppl on the same server, where can i find the VATSIM Authentication servers that avc ask...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NeoMorph on
Whitney

Installation Problem FS 2004

I can't install FS 2004 on my system. The splash screen comes up then, ((((poof)))) nothing. It shows on my program lists, I use the launch icon and still no prog launch. I have 2002 installed and it works fine. System is P4 2.8(c), 800FSB, 1G DDR...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
DHC-8 Oldtimer

DHC-8 FMS

I am looking for a DHC-8 FMS add-on for FS2002 that is fully functional. (Same as the Universal 1C, ie VNAV)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Chris102

FlightDeck

I saw that there is a download on this site for Flight Deck that has all those switches and ect. I accidently downloaded the wrong one, and now I can't find the regular one. Can you give me the link?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Av8r77 on
gsx1100

FILES?

😕 newbie wants to know: When a file is required to complete a download eg: FCUIPX (or whatever) where are these files kept?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RanaUK on
Fredericia01

FS 9 update

😕 The FS9 update has been released-But I think it´ll raise more hell,than good in the add-ons and so forth,take a look,and read through it. :hack: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cernan on
tomthetank

Update and Nocd patch

😀 Ok I just tried this and it works If you run the sim with the nocd patch follow this ➡ 1st dig out your fs9 cds and insert cd1 Open the cd and copy the fs9exe.file to a folder(make a new one on your desktop) 2nd Open up My Computer...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
RadarMan

*USA Roads*

I received my USA Roads (CD) a few days ago and have been playing around with the settings of the add-on and my own in the Sim. I have settled on major roads only. You can have major roads, all roads or just go back to default. You can set the night lig...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
joellama

Problem Installing - MSGAME2.cab

I am trying to install fs2004 onto my PC but everytime i try to install i get to 27% and i ma told of a corrupt cab file but i have looked on the cd1 and it looks ok can any1 help plz...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
originalgrunge

FSUIPC + FS update

Does anyone have a link to an FSUIPC update for the new flight sim patch? I'm itching to hop back into my PMDG 737 NG!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Elkinallen

Jet blast follow up

I posted some shots. I hope they get through!!!! One shows Reversing in the rain and theother shows the dirt kicking up after going off the runway. It is cool to be flaring over the threshold and there be a wake of kicked up dirt rain snow justb as th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
redjay

Explain Concept of Virtual Airlines?

Please could someone explain to me, from start to finish, the concept of Virtual Airlines? I know that they are online airlines which you can join but how do they actually work i.e how do you get a job with one, do you get given routes, what if you crash ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Njcandyman

Checkride

i just got thru the checkride. But when i landed i came down hard and she still passed me ?? the little things that I was doing wrong she keep on making start all over! what is up with that?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Njcandyman on
jetman35

sound question

Has anybody ever come across sounds problems such as a tunnel effect? Sometimes when I am switching view screens, the sound quality of the engines goes down or sounds like I am flying in a long tunnel! But it would not do with some different views. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on

No Other Traffic!!

I have set my air traffic settings to 100% but do not have other aircraft present when flying around (even at airports!). Am I missing something really obvious?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Byron on
jonnymagics2003

MD83

Hi everyone, Has anyone any idea where i can get a panel with VC for an MD 80-series plane. Got a good model bu can't finda panel with VC anywhere... Best wishes, Jon 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
redjay

Nvidia/Ati - Radarman?

I seem to remember reading some posts a few days ago, I think Radarman mentioned he used to have a NVidia fx 5200. Wanting to upgrade from my MX4000 on Saturday, and not knowing much about GFX cards, i bought an fx2500 from PCworld mainly because it wa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Elkinallen

Trick to flying the trimotor and spirit of st louis

Use active camera and move back a little so that you can see out the side window. OR!! stick your head out the side window so that you can see. Assign the differential brakes to the left and right arrow keys. The ones on the left side of the key boar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
Elkinallen

You want a challange?!?! OOooo K!!

Try to fly the wright flyer from Dover to Calais across the channel!!!! No slewing or any crap like this!! Takeoff and go!!! Position the plane on the 'beach' pointing towards the water and hit it!!!!! A dollar says NO ONE can do it!!!!!!!!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
Van_Helden

Multiple monitors to play flight simulator 2004

Someone can help me? I have 1 monitor already and i want to put 2 more monitors to play FS2004. What do i have to do, what do i have do buy ? and do i put the left view in the left monitor, and the right on the right monitor. Thanks Nelson Perei...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
plevys on
Agus0404

3 questions for you guys

I'm having three different problems in which I want to resolve: 1) I'm doing a flight from England to Netherlands and I set two intersections between my destination. The problem is when I'm approaching that intersection (and I'm flying IFR) the ATC doe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
RCNextGen

Commuter Airliners-Eurowings Pro

Hi, just wondering, has anyone bought the following add on for flight simulator: Commuter Airliners-Eurowings Pro I am interested in buying it. I have seen it in a local shop for 10.00 GBP. I am most interested in flying the A319 and the little f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
flyrv56

Strange message?

Hello all. Well, took the plunge and upgraded to an NVIDIA FX5700 Ultra graphics card today. Now I am getting the following message when I start my computer up. Sorry this is so long.... A box opens that says: Power Indicator "problem report" T...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
redjay

ILS Trouble

Anyone else ever have problems with ILS approaches? I was approaching JFK last night and turned inbound for the 4L approach when the vertical ILS needle began to move. I lined myself up perfectly with 4L about 7 miles out but the vertical needle was te...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Agus0404

Ultimate Traffic

Hello everyone! I would like to buy Ultimate Traffic now and I was looking for websites that have UT. I found many but most of them ship only to the US and I am living in Portugal (I'm not portuguese. Just a comment). Can anyone give some websites wher...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
6seven

MSFS Demonstration?

Hello... I live in Toronto, Canada and currently fly with X-plane. (I'm in a mac-based environment) I'm very curious about Flight Simulator 2004, but would like to personally see a demonstration of it before even considering dropping thousands of $$ fo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
MJG145CAP

Problem Solved: Finally...

Back at the begining of May of this year I started posting about a unique problem I was having with my graphics. Quite simply any of the nice little effects that FS9 generates, such as tire smoke or rotorwash or contrails, etc. were just not looking righ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

What 200 Miles wind speed does to an 747

I dont know if its legal in this forum, but ill give it a try.. I record a small video while i flew, and - well, the video tells it all😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on

ATC is trying to kill me!

Today I was on final approach to Anchorage International, RWY 32, in a Cessna 172 , flying IFR and cleared to land, and ATC gave clearance to a 737 behind me to land!! The 737 passed me (about half a mile away) and landed in front of me, and ATC told me ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Do you really need more traffic in FS06

OK, I've been reading about the changes to FS2006 post of radarman's, and while some ideas were horrible (being able to shoot down other planes) Nearly all seemed cool. Here's a thought though, and it dawned on me after I had posted as such anyway. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
OrlandoGeorge on
Old Fun Flyer

fs 2004 commercial checkride

With Forum help I was able to get the instrument checkride out of the way. Now I have many hours in the commercial ride. The Lady gets out at Harvey. I beleive its the way I am flying the pattern their, but not sure. Sure would like to read something...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Scotteiboi

PMDG 737NG GPS...

Where is it and how do you set it..i can't find it... :hack:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
coolsan

contact mexico center on...

I was on a flight from Mexico City to Sao Paulo and my flight was being followed by Central America Center when suddenly they decided I should contact Mexico Center! I guess they didn't realize I was 5000 miles away. My atc is really losing it......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Lassiman

the diffault aircraft arn't stabaled incl:the animations

I would like to see effects on the engine, and 4 new jets the 737-600\700\800\900 qantas,virgin blue fully animated and 2 new military aircraft "Such as" X32 and X33 inclu:CAIRNS int! North queensland scenary, ground animation, terminal animation........

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lassiman on
Xpilot

737NG from PMDG

Hi there, Because nothing said in manuals,I'd like to ask how to open/close passenger and cargo doors in 737NG from PMDG??? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Ohiosimmer

Recommendations for Virtual Airlines

Anyone here a VA pilot???? and if so, do you have any recommendations for one........? I think I wanna try that out............

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
wildnwooly

Trying to find download

I once saw a download, dont remember where, that allowed a regular road map to display alongside the regular flight window. It would coincide with the position of the plane. I think it was freeware but am not sure. Any help would be great. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Elkin

Flight challenges

Where is a Flight assignment, challenge package that I can download? You know, something that creates a number of flights for you and gives you cargo/pax to carry etc. Is there something like this around? Sublogics ATP had this....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkinallen on
Page 99 of 111