Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

leadZERO

FS2002, FS2004 and Ultimate Traffic Questions

So there I was, 2 miles to the threshold on my approach into KMSP (Minneapolis, MN) in my King Air 350 after the 2 hour flight from KSUS (Chesterfield, MO) when a 737 whizzes over my head barely missing me. After regaining my composure I mutter something ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
BerraTV

FS SHUTDOWN PROBLEM

Hello, everyone, I was wondering if anyone has had this problem, because it is vexing me. Just recently when I go to call up the kneeboard by pushing the check-mark or hitting F-10, FS will just shut down and disappear. It happens on all aircraft, d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
chris_auw

How to find special buildings,scenery..etc,in fs 2004?

For example,I want to see the Statue Of Liberty,but all I know is that it's located in New York...so,how can I fly to it? Is there any add-on utility that can help to locate special buildings,scenery,events..etc,in the world of fs 2004?Or..maybe someon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
naflod

Throttle Help

MAYDAY! I'm flying from St. Croix to San Jaun in my DC-3 and I have somehow unlinked my throttles. I found this extremely useful for taxiing, but how do I link them again for flight? Thanks. Naflod The worlds biggest novice with the largest flight ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
RadarMan

USA Roads for FS9 Now Available!

USA Roads for FS9 Now Available! It's only available at the present time for download, huge even for broadband. 321mb I have the time and the speed but as with Ultimate Traffic, I like to buy on CD. That will be out "shortly" as they put it. They figu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
xenomorth

ILS not working

Hi I cant get my ILS approach to work properly. I have got the radios an everything set up properly. but my aircraft always land well before the runway. :oops:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
txgent

ATC TEXT

Can I change the ATC text and color? When using ATC I find it hard to see and read. Thank you!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on

engines off?

Hey, its F_E_M, i'm on a diff. PC so i dont wanna log in. Anyone know if there's a way to modify FS04 so that you always start a flight with your engines off??? Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on
Bigdoc

Cockpit sound off

"Cockpit sound off" comes up during flight yet it is selected as on in the sound settings. Does anyone know why this is or how to get sound back?????...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bigdoc on
milfhunteruk

Just to say Hi

Hi every1,I just joined up today...This is my first go at flight simming,so ,guess i'll crash and burn a few times b4 i manage a landing. 😳 .looks gr8 tho,as does the site,the downloads section looks way cool 😎 stay well all,and...CHOCKS A...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
jimimac

system temps

my cpu temp at idle is 45 when i run fs9 it goes up to 49 i have two rear fans plus a side panel fan. i have a volcano 7 heatsink the cpu is a 2200xp athlon cpu the temp use too be about 46 but i have noticed a slight increase latetly are these temps ok o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jimimac on
Arkydave

PMDG 737 Question

Any experts here? :help!: The AOM "Before Takeoff" checklist has an item for "RECALL SWITCH". I can't find this thing anywhere. Where is it? What does it do? TIA....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Hawkeyeted on
szopek

Problem with instalation

hi . I tried many times but there is always same problem when second file (FS9B.bin) is installing : "Error while writing the file d:/.../beech_baron.cab Make sure your hard disk is not full , and the file is not in use". I have 3,5 gb free space :/ help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Key on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Watersprite...oh Waaatersprite??? I got a question for u

Hey, you're the bush pilot around here, I'm gonna be trying a flight across the US to see the simulated sights, I tried with the piper cub, but i cant land or taxi it cause tis a taildragger...do you have any good planes you could recommend, and tell me w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
horrgakx

FS2004 & X-Plane

Does anyone use both FS2004 and X-Plane I do, and I'm amazed at the leaps & bounds X-Plane has made, it looks gourgeous nowadays. The main difference I think is that the physics are infinately better than FS, both in the aircraft and the environment....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
ausfarht

Can't Start FS2004, won't load

I'm running a windows xp system, installation of Flight Simulator 2004 is perfectly fine. Then when i try to start it, the pic showing the dc plane shows up for awhile and then completely disappears, i can't seem to be able to run the program. I trid ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ausfarht on
jimimac

system time in flightsim

in flightsim settings/general i hve use system time checked but the next time i use flightsime the day is out by one day my system time is correct can anyone help, jimimac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

nocd crack

nocd crack...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
leadZERO

Navigation w/o GPS

How do you fly without GPS between intersections where you are a long distance from the reference VOR you are flying on track with? For instance, the J151/J233/J45 between VOR's DSM and STL, with intersections JAVAS, CHASY, SKBOZ and COLIE. It seems that ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

flight sim 2004 language

hey can someone please help me! i bought fs2004 2nd hand and turns out it is teh italian version! can i change it to english? aint been able to play teh game yet cus i cant understand the menus! someone please help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Paiute

Where's My Flight Log??

I know that FS9 keeps a record of what planes I fly, how long the flight lasted, how much of the flight was VFR or IFR, etc. Also, just before the flight sim closes I have a chance to make a comment on the flight. I saw this flight log once and then "...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
horrgakx

Best climb rate and cruising altitude?

Chaps, as a 'general' rule of thumb for medium to heavy jets, what's the most fuel efficient climb rate and criusing altitude please? Dave...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leadfoot on
GringoHomie

Traffic Performance

I was just wondering if it was possible to use "UT" or "Traffic 2004" with this computer, and how much would it affect performance. 😕 Pentium lll 1.4 GHz 40GB Hard Drive 128 MB GeForce nVidia FX5200 512MB SDRAM DIMM Windows XP...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Garren

Computer Specs... any good at all?

I know I'm not going to get the kind of performance showcased in many of the screenshots, but could someone tell me what I could possibly expect to get from FS2004 from my current system specs please? AMD Athlon T 1.0Ghz 320mb SDRAM nVidia 32mb TNT M...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
algy123

dreamwings embraer 170

hi 😀 does any1 no how 2 get the airstairs 2 cme down on the dreamwings embraer 170 hope u can help thx 😎 p.s. the dreamwings embraer 170 is the best plane i thing wat about u?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
NiteRider_Not_Logged_In

Aircraft skins flashing.

Just wondering why some of the skins in FS2004 flash to the default grey color or half the plane will show up with the skin or just the engines or certains parts. Any idea's?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Lobao

Problems to copy CD4 in FS2004...Can i find NO CD Crack ??

I can´t burn a copy of FS2004 CD 4. What`s the problem? How me i do to copy this last cd? I´m using nero the new last version. And, so where can i find the No cd crack? Are there nay site to me download? 😎 THANKS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
USMC1975

huh

oopps.... got cut off there.. as I was saying, I was deceived with fs9. I beleve that microsoft is not doing as much work as it should do and the result of this wil be the exode to other flight simulators like X-Plane which is doing pretty good or even m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
deKoven on
PilotPaul

Landing Learjet 45 via AP/Aprch - can't see runway, crash!!

I've been studying FS2004/Learjet 45 flight techniques and have advanced to the point where I can *almost* land, but not quite. Any advice is appreciated. ILS approach to rwy 28L, NAV1 set to APCH frequency, intercepting the localizer via the Approach...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
LDrako on
coolsan

Where to find an Air Force One for FS9

Do you guys know where I can download Air Force One for FS9. I tried out one of the versions available here, but it's doesn´t work well. Cockpit view is al messed up, with the instuments on the top and no external view....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
flynflip

screen shots

I'm new in the field of flight sims and I see and hear a lot about screen shots. Is it possible to take your own screen shots using fs9 software or is there something else that I need to perform this task....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
RadarMan

Do You Want JetWays?

Do You Want JetWays? Most of the major airports do have "default" jetways. It all depends on your settings. I tried different settings with some items turned down (or off) so the jetways would show without taking a major FPS hit. You can set it to "U...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BearsdenRed on
RadarMan

USA Roads for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Am I the only one here that's has seen this (soon to be for sale) new add-on. The moment I saw it I decided that when the CD is ready I'll buy it. What a terrific idea, you can now follow the roads, highways, freeways to wherever you want to go. Just t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on

FS2004 crashes on new system

Help Please !! I recently got a new system based on an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3400+, 2.21 gh with a Geoforce Fx5600XT card (bios 4.31.20.66.05 - driver 6.14.10.5672) and Windows XP Pro, with the expectation of improving the performance of FS2004. Desp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
geraldlanc

frame rate fix

I downloaded the frame rate fix patch, but don't know how to install it. Can someone help this computer impaired FS newby? Gerald...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Davis

NO SOUND ONLY FOR ATC!!!!! HELP

Everything seems to work fine in what concerns sound but I don't have ATC sound... I changed the sound drivers but it didn't work... Any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
bnc2386

The raidios in the planes in flight simulater a Century of f

🙄 You know how in the real world that youcan lissen tomusic and you do it by the raidio stack and you put is to the raidio staishin you whant and i 🙄 well was woundering if you can do it in flight simulator a century of flight and if you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
coolsan

Help with the heavies

Hey all! I have some trouble when landing with the heavies. I've been practicing with a 777, prior to that the largest plane I flew with was a 757, in which I feel very comfortable. But with the 777 I often end up with a collapsed nose gear. I touchdow...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
PoshNosh

Missing Airports???

After I bought Flightsim 2002 I emailed Microsoft and informed them that they had missed an airfield off their game. Anyone that has visited Walt Disney World in Florida will know Walt Disney had his own landing strip on Disney property (right behind the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Velocity_Boy

Back up history folder fs2004

I would like to reformat, but I don't want to lose my completed lessons. Does anyone know where the folder with this information is kept so that I can just save and paste it back later? Thanks VB...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Velocity_Boy on
patw

737 Checklist

Where can I get a printed version of the flightsim checklist? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on

Helllpppp !!!!!

I bought fs9 the other day and i have a Virtual Pilot Pro joystick which i use to play. When in the air, i can bank, roll, climb, fall etc but when i'm on the ground i cant seem to turn or steer left or right, only when i get to about 60mph do i start...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on
Turtle5x5

ATC forgot about me

I was flying the 737 IFR from LAX to Skyharbor last night. Had traffic at 100% with Ultimate Traffic installed. I was given landing clearence on 26R but there was way to much traffic. As I was about to land, the plane that landed before me was still on th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
paramesh

Flight Schools

Hello everyone I really need ur help in this one. I just cleared my medical a few days ago for my cpl. The problem i am facing is i can't decide which flying school should i go to . I stay in India and it takes an awful two years to complete my training...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Skorpion

Error msg when loading up FS2004

Can anyone help me get rid of this prob. I recently uninstalled and re-installed FS2004. I do not have any other aircrafts or other files except the original ones in the folder. Every time I start the game, I get a msg "Flight Simulator cannot find th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Alg

Web browser for the kneeboard.

One of this days I was searching on the net and I found something very interesting. A web browser for FS2004's kneeoard. I know there ise one posted on the fly away simulation download page, but this one is realy a web browser. It offers back and forward ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
duarte

VOR

Question. I filled a VOR flight plan from Logan airport in boston to kennedy airport in New york. The two VOR frequencies i was given were 111.40 which is PUT, and 115.90 which is kennedy airport. In boston airport i entered 111.40 in my nav1 radio, an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Pteeerrr

Weather Tornado

😎 - Hi. I have a problem with settings weather. The Area Oklahoma City is often extremly weather. My question? How and what using settings by fs2004. ptaszysko25@o2.pl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
paramesh

total loss of radio contact

Hi guys As most of u know that there are many airlines around the world that fly over the poles to get to their destination faster .W'ell i just tried one of the routes and a lot of things came into my view while flying over the north pole. First of all...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
BearsdenRed

Cant land in Salzburg?

Er. i tried twice to land after flying from Stanstead to Salzburg last night only to be denied landing rights, kept saying something about IFR denied or something. How do i take screen shots to show this in game?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bryan Smith on
Page 104 of 111