Flight Simulator X: Add-ons/Downloads

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

W3CPR

PMDG 747-400 livery problem

Hi.. I have a purchased a licensed copy of the PMDG 747-400. All of the PMDG variations of their 747 aircraft appear in the SELECT AIRCRAFT thumbnails just fine. I then downloaded the Northwest livery and ran the file as administrator and received no p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
twosticks

editing a cfg file to add a differnt, say.. cockpit panel

how do you edit a cfg file to add say a different panel...for example...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jrocky on
Ray.Slane

Cannot download FSX aircraft add-ons

Having downloaded aircraft downloads will 'self install' will not load as they tell me that c:\Program Files(86)\ Microsoft games\ Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ does not exist and do I wish to make another 'folder'. When I say o.k., it does not load the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Silverbud

Passenger view

hi everyone ! i m trying to look for add-ons / downloads that give me a view of the window close to the wing , but inside the aircraft. For most of aircrafts made by microsoft don t have the inside modeled. I was wondering if like in FS2004 there wa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
badasstommyg101 on
JRebar

Problems with Eyefinity and FSX

So, I have eyefinity working across 4 monitors, and Windows 8 is running smoothly. When I enter FSX it all looks good until I get in the cockpit. As soon as I do, it switches to 4 duplicated screens. Every action I perform to try and spread the view,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JRebar on
CaptainK49

Traffic 360 Add-on..How does it work?

I recently bought the Traffic 360 add-on and need help on how this works. It seems that when I land at an airport there are no gate parking places for the Jetway and there is no traffic in the air or moving on the ground?? I advanced my sliders to increas...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainK49 on
Carlin

Captain Sim C-130

How do i work the auto pilot in the Captain Sim C-130?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sflewi

Installing airline call names in FSX details.

Can anyone help me with installing airline call names into the details section of FSX aircraft selection. I've added several new airlines such as Delta; however, the new airline names do not show up in the call names list when selecting aircraft....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Heyjoojoo

Are there any good CRJ700 addons?

Are these older jets than the ERJ 145/195? It seems that many airlines are still using CRJ700s and 200s. I have an addon for the ERJ145 and 195. But I cant find a good addon for the CRJ700... is this too old of a model?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainK49 on
CaptainK49

Avanti II Adjusting inflight altitude and heading knobs

I just got the Avanti II and the problem is that I cannot change the heading bezel with the heading knob inflight or change altitude with the altitude knob inflight. The mousewheel doesn't work with these two FMD knobs even when the autopilot is deactivat...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainK49 on
knightfall98

combat pilot

have you ugys heard of this new add-on to fsx called combat pilot? it is built around a military career for 24 countries with two variations the squadron pilot for those just looking for the basics and the command pilot for those looking to learn instrum...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
knightfall98 on
TSdesert

[ Poll ] Dino Cattaneo F35 Lightning II 2.10 Freeware Released!!

just releases this morning!!!! its friggin awesome! cant someone figure out the VC shaking problem? other than that (known issue) its a blockbuster!! and free! http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/ india india alpha foxtrot echo website!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rangerjones on
CaptainK49

Milviz AW109 Helicopter

I just purchased this bird and great graphics, but how do you start the thing? Is there a quick start? Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainK49 on
Paul Brandys

Finding in FSX bar(alt..)the ADDons

Dear Friends I have purchased the DBS addons "FOLLOW ME" To make go this addons I must get the Activation cod.This is to be entered into the ADDONS position in FSX upper left bar(clicking ALT) Unfortunately I have in my FSX (german edition.).the position...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Paul Brandys on
The Filbert

Sludge Hornet

Having d/loaded this file it is repeatedly refused installation on my Win7 system. I'm told that 'An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. Is there any way in which I can work around this problem, folks?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The Filbert on
rcrx

Can't see the program file for FSX!!!

Hi, I have had FSX on my computer for about 2 years now. When I first downloaded the program, I had to contact customer support because I couldn't access the program to play it. Not only was there no shortcut but there was no file for it under progra...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jrocky on
Luke FsxFlyer

HELP!!! Invisible a340 fuselage

Hi folks. Just downloaded and installed the thomas ruth a340-600. Everything works except the fuselage and wheels are invisible when i try to run the aircraft in fsx... The wings are there and all internal views are ok... What have I done???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DreamLiner63 on
OTMAN

IRIS F-14 TOMCAT VC

Is there a fix for the VC in the F-14 iris Tomcat for acceleration? ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TSdesert on
Timerj190

Adding Textures to FSX Aircraft

😕 Who knows how to add Textures to FSX Aircraft. I looking to add Textures to the FSX B737-800, American Airlines and Others. Who can help me ❓ Thanks, Timerj190...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rohit34444 on
Capt.K

Tired of trying....help plz!

Hey guys! i just wanna know how to add an airlines to the airports !! i mean..british airways in heathrew,emirates to dubai..ect?! Please contact me....thanks a lot 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pusser on
chez64

a refuelling mission

does anyone know where i can get hold of an air to air refuelling mission id like to have a go at this but i cant find one anywhere any help? chez64...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lt.Col Dremple on
CaptainK49

Problems Installing AFS RAF Jets package from SimShack

I purchased this download and it won't install on FSX??? Anyone know the 'trick'?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainK49 on
CaptainK49

Manuals for Piper PA46 & Piper PA44

I paid for these aircraft downloads, but they are missing the manuals...anyone know how to get them?? The only thing that shows in the download file or programs are the install and uninstall respectively. I don't need to reinstall the same plane. Help. Th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
setupcity

Airbus Throttle Controls in FSUIPC

Can someone explain to me how airbus throttles work. My collection of Airbus planes, you can not actuate the throttles with my ch quadrant when I use fsuipc for control -(except for my AFS design, which works fine). However, if I use the standard microsof...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
setupcity on
Sean S

Can't install FSUIPC4 on Windows 7

Hi, I just downloaded FSUIPC today. When I tried to run the setup installer I got a message saying, "This program has been blocked for you protection." I was wondering how to fix this problem. I have tried running as the administrator as well....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jacob Michel on
ramccli

Looking for C-123

Hello Folks 🙂 I am into military cargo aircraft. Can anyone help me find a good C-123 download. It can be either a military or Air America version. Thanks in advance Rick in Colorado...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
pusser

em77fsx.zip a recent upload

Having just downloaded this file and unzipped it, I followed the simple instructions and copied the aircraft folder to my FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes folder. The instructions then suggest Start FSX and select MELJET from the aircraft menu and select the desi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Motormouth

KTKI - New runway open on 7-26-12

I just started using FSX and am LOVING it! My girlfriend is a pilot and her plane is at Collin County Regional. They just opened the new runway 7000' by 150' and because of magnetic change, its now 18 - 36. They haven't finished the taxiways yet, so there...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Motormouth on
chapi204

Where can i Download a A340-600 for FSX?

Where can i Download a A340-600 for FSX?? does anyone knows where???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
coolgoose

Can't see outside the 3D F16 cockpit.

Have the Gold FSX & Acceleration sim. I downloaded a few modells of Kirk Olleson F16 , and now I can't see nothing, but a small hole in the front of the 3D cockpit , and even if I look the F11 spot view, the canopy looks dark -to-black, with a blurred P...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CXA001 on
BMG88

Changing aircraft in Missions?

Sorry if this has been covered previously, I'm new to FSX, I couldn't refine a search well enough to find anything on it. My question is; is there a way to change aircraft in Missions? say I want to try to rescue the geologists off St Helens in a Chino...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sari on
Jonf1502008

Tom Ruth's 727-200ADV

I need the plane not repaint files. I cant find the plane only just repaints. Please help. Jon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bill Gaidos on
Bill Gaidos

Thomas Ruth Aircraft

First of all I would like to say I greatly admire the work of Thomas Ruth, but for one reason or another all of his aircraft install as GHOSTS, meaning part or parts of the aircraft show up. I don't seem to have any problems with any other downloads, just...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bill Gaidos on
Jonf1502008

[ Poll ] REX users please help

Who uses REX? I am on the edge of it. I've seen pictures and I have a PC that runs FSX perfect. What do y'all think?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flytsimmer on
renesis

Wilco Airbus Series 2 - aircraft scale out of proportion?

What do you think about it? I had a look at it and the A330's look out of proportion somehow - the landing gear looks too long and/or the wheels too small giving at the appearance of an A310 in a way. When you look at an A330, anybody else agree or disagr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
renesis on
Pete_81

Weapons in FSX

Hi, I've downloaded a few of the really big military planes (F3 Tornado, F15, F18, etc) from flyawaysimulation to FSX and wonder if there are any that have operational weapons, or to do any shooting missiles and dropping bombs require another add-on?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
squiddie96 on
spudkiss

help with Convair R3Y Tradewind Aircraft.cfg

when i load my flight my aircraft always crashes into the water. plus when i opened up aircraft cfg. it was incolmplete there was no weight config or fuel config and contact points were missing from the file and some other minor things that i fixed like l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spudkiss on
hengchianwee

how to addon textures and repaint to fsx

hi This is my fist post I try to addon textures to my fsx by following the instruction gave in one of the forum in "flyaway". I copy the textures file to the aircraft and the CFG and save it,but when I open the fsx it is not there. Can anyone explain...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hengchianwee on
acegi

Incomplete downloads

Some of my downloads are transparent or all black. And about 60% downloads have no sound. I have FSX and FS 2004 on same computer. All planes i download to 2004 have sound. any suggestions ? All my problems are with FSX Gold. I have Windows 7. Than...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Carlin

Flight 1 Cessna Citation Mustang

Does Anyone know if the Flight 1 Cessna Citation Mustang is any good?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Tangolpe

C919 air file

I tried to install the COMAC C919 it come a messagë that the AIR file is damaged How to fix it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jrocky on
liam50

Struggling to find complete planes, not repaints

when i search for a specific plane i seem to find loads of paint jobs but not many complete planes. i was just wondering if there was a way i could search maybe put something specific in the search bar or a quick way of telling if its a complete set or ju...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
LeadBoot

FSX Concord(e) info

I've recently installed this add-on and like it a lot, however not having used this plane before I'm having a couple of problems. Main problem is getting the centre of gravity correct as auto fuel mode doesn't seem to work well. Are there any flight manua...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
LeadBoot on
boeingn747

Installing Downloads

Hello, I am new to this site. I'am a private pilot, and a huge fan of FSX and like most of you I wanted more planes and more mission for my sim. I have downloaded different planes, an am having a bitch of a time getting them in FSX. I have read all the in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Mike_Oxtinks

How do I contact a member about a Mission

I have searched a total of 23hrs for the base camp on "Skyroad to Kumura Tuk" Ep 1 and cant find it. The instructions state a "Balloon" will mark the camp and there are some pictures and a txt file with a story which tells you to go to certain places wh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
kevinbell

My ILS pointer does not line up with the runway

hi in FSX when i enter the correct coordinates for any runway the pointer never lines up with the runway. This happens on any runway and any airport. Funny thing is that the autopilot lands the aircraft perfectly so the coordinates are correct? Can anyb...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kevinbell on
edmonds55

Installing srteur.zip

How do you install srteur.zip in fsx gold. I am running windows 7 x86....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
harryleslie

767-300 Captian: Moving around the plane

Hi guys i was just wondering if any of you guys no how to move around the plane on the 767-300 cpatain,i have seen a couple of videos where the person can actually walk around the plane!I am thinking of getting this plane and just wondering if you need m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
c_prowse

Added EWA fly alaska for Carenado 185...inop

So I added Tweto's 185 tundra repaint... I have 3 separate folders, floats-wheels and tundra... total of 5 planes all together. I know about the 5 maximum but these are all separate. there is not a parent Carenado 185 folder. No matter what, I can not get...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
c_prowse on
totallyfrozen

FREEWARE Piper Super Cub?

I saw that Aerosoft has a Piper Super Cub for about $10 (USD). It's for FS2004 and I don't know if it's fully compatible with FSX. Since I already blew my "toy airplane" budget on another one, I'm not willing to spend the $10 (for the time being anyway) o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Page 11 of 25