Flight Simulator X: Add-ons/Downloads

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

hammerdag

Commercial Level Simulation 767 for FSX Question

sorry for my ignorance, but this product says it's not dx10 compatible, what does this mean???...I have a brand new alienware system with some kind of Invidia video card, ....the machines a beast. will it run this product???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
hammerdag

PMDG 737-800

does it have GPS???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

USS Nimitz & USS Eisenhower Version 2.0

Is the USS Nimitz supposed to be moving. Everything works great, but the carriers are stationary! Thanks Kloyce...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SpiderWings

Is there an FSX version of Manuel's Service Pack 3?

.... or anything like it that can let me call up airport maps showing the runways, taxiways, and gates? Its one of the things I miss most on FSX vs FS(...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
coolgoose

Ruud Faber - FScene4X Total Pack Funny Ground

I bouth last Sunday the FScene4X for FSX and It makes many good changes to the FSX Scenery, but the ground and water surfaces looks funny. I can't get any answer from the Producer , and I did changes on the Autogen and all the Graphics in my FSX Sett...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
coolgoose on
coolgoose

Trees on Runway

Yet,after succeding to ad new AFCADS and Addons Scennery ,I got trees and even Towers on the runnway..any help about?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
coolgoose on
Critter181

ATC No Sound All other sound work fine

Now having a problem with sound. ATC are silent. Plane sounds are fine. I have tried all variations available to me. IFR is a Pain w/o ATC sound. Sullydix@hotmail.com...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
D'man

Afterburners not working on sr-71

I am using an add-on from simvation.com with microsoft x that adds the sr-71 blackbird to the program. However, when I increase the throttle to full, the afterburners do not work. Please help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
hammerdag

Another CaptionSim Autopilot Question

This am in the process of educating myself on the FMC. I'm hoping there is a way to turn on Autopilot without it. I set my IRS, and I have somehow configured the IRS to actually let me turn on Speed Hold, Approach Hold, Altitude Hold, but not any of the A...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jettaman

Wilcos Citation X: Specific 'VIP' animations, VIP Red Carpet

Does anyone know how to "Book" the "Specific 'VIP' animations", so when I get to the assigned parking the Red Carpet VIP/cars will be there? Here is a few links info on the plane: http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod_citationx What doe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
James Robinson on
hammerdag

editing files access denied???

when downloading and installing new aircraft and panels for fsx it will ofetn tell you to edit you aircraft config file..for example ... Edit your aircraft config(s) to reflect which of my two panels (VC complementary or NOVC custom panel) you wish you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
gerry56

T-45 carrier mission fatal error

I've installed and have reinstalled this mission, when it loads the screen stays black for a couple of minutes then a fatal error message appears shut down the flight sim and then restarts the flight sim? Still working on the thumbnail thing haven't been ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RW8633

Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition compatibility

I'm technologically challenged, so I need some help. Can anyone tell me by looking at my computer specs below if Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition will work on this computer? If so, does anyone know how well it will work, or if the program wil...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
LeadBoot

Boeing 777 missing some parts

I'm having trouble with a file designed by Melvin Rafi. File name is GV77FSX. Originally when loaded and run the main body was pure white! I've managed to solve that by tweaking gfx settings but the engines are missing (no turbine blades just casings) an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
LeadBoot on
hamhaw85

[ Poll ] Airports/Places of Interest in FSX

Hey i'm looking for cool places in fsx to fly in/out of or to fly to. I will list some that i know of but i'm hoping that people will add some of their own. Also i am looking for add-on scenery that you think is worth downloading. *Also i'm still searchin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gangus20 on
Tailhook

AI Traffic for FSX *Freeware and Payware*

This post was intended to be informative, not to cause controversy. Time and again people have asked questions about free AI traffic. I've spent more than 2 hours on this post trying to pack everything important into as few words as possible. Pearls...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
paul11235 on
swazi98kl

Aeroworx South Africa Scenery

Downloaded FSX Mesh for South Africa Scenery(All Parts) Zip file name is fsx-mesh-sa-update. When i extract i do not get, Create_FSXMesh0604upd1.exe. I have a file _MACOSX. All other extracted files are as per the install info. I lived in SA for 25ye...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Goater

Cant get edited cfg files to save

I cant get cfg files to save once edited. I keep getting message that says You don't have permission to save in this location! contact the administrator for permission. If it means the administrator for my computer,that would be me 😀 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
gerry56

mercanary rescue mission

Downloaded this mission, every thing works fine, but I don't speak spanish, all the dialog is in spanish, anybody know where I can get an english version....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gerry56 on
ratphink

Port-Over DeHavilland Dash 7 problem with view out cockpit

Hi guys. When flying the Port-Over DeHavilland Dash 7 (90.58 MB )on page one of the turbo prop download pages, the view out the cockpit goes to a weird light blueish grey color. It flashes on and off back and forth to the proper view and then back again ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ratphink on
ratphink

Virtual cockpit for the FSX DeHavilland Dash 8-100

Does the FSX DeHavilland Dash 8-100 come with a 3D or virtual cockpit? I downloaded it but couldn't find it or it wouldn't work. Thanks. Les...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
silverfox45

afcad files and scenery

what is the difference between afcad and the scenery files and witch one should i be downloading to get the airports ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
silverfox45 on
jsm

CYVR Vancouver AFCAD by Ray Smith

Has anyone installed this? I am wondering if it has also updated any of the older approach or departure waypoints/fixes? Thanks Steve...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jsm on
myers62

Traffic 360 Add-on

hello maybe someone can help me here dose anyone knw how to fix this issue? https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/38525/traffic-360-add-on_a6dcde1420a51ee27b500587accc4a77.jpg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KanadaKen on
Milosz

Fmc for FSX

I am trying to get an add-on for the Boeing 747-400; the FMC (Flight Management Computer). If you give me a link, please make sure to tell me how to install it on the actual game. I have tried and had no luck so far; so lets hope you can help me 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KanadaKen on
CorvetteGrrl

sorting aircraft download problem

I got a download to work! I downloaded this Piper Cherokee 180 several days ago, https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/4629/fsx-piper-pa28-180-cherokee/ thought I was following the instructions correctly, but it wasn't showing up in my aircraft se...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CorvetteGrrl on
Chris Shaw

FDC Copilot Live

Hello, I am new to Fly Away Simulation Forum and I wanted to check it out and ask a couple questions. My main question is for FDC Copilot live can anyone give me step by step, help or an article that really can help me fix my problem? My problem is whe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
anonymouse91

Problem with FDC Live Cockpit

I've just installed FDC Live Cockpit on my Vista PC (needed to turn off UAC to install correctly) and it runs fine except the Update function doesn't work and neither does connecting to FSX. I did a bit of digging around in the logs and found that the Upd...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris Shaw on

AI Traffic Editor Problems

I have downloaded the AI Traffic Editor for FSX, and when I try to run it, an error box comes up and says "can't find the required Microsoft Flight Simulator SDK, would you like to search for it?" I have installed the SDK off Disk 1 of FSX, but it is s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chud03 on
Adolph_Galland

Weather Maker

Anyone know of a good Weather download, pay (other than REX) or free, for FSX? Thanx!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Adolph_Galland

Service Pack 2 Download

I can't download SP2 in FSX. After downloading it, I get a message that the the SP requires an English version of FSX, which I obviously have. I have the baseline FSX, no Gold or Deluxe, et al. Any takers on this one?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Gelnhausen

Boeing 767

I am looking for a Boeing 767 to download. So far all I have seen is textures and repaints on "Fly Away"...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Boeingtrijet

all downloading PROBLEMS

You know I have tried many downloads on here and have gotten 0 to work I have tried to follow instuctions to the best of my ability which is obviously sub par here. It is now 6am EDST and I have been up all night just trying to get a repaint on the X CRJ ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Matthew Wilson 1997

Carenado t210m Jurassic Park livery

Hi everyone, I'll keep it simple, just a livery for your carenado t210m. Matthew 😎 http://imagebucket.flyawaysimulation.com/images/2SdPs.jpg Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?wttu9td45o6f5kz...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Matthew Wilson 1997 on
function86

graphics improvement add-on

ive been using fsx and am looking for something to make the game look better i have a intel core 2 quad Q8300 at 2.5ghz that works at 100% most of the time but my gtx650ti 2gbOC never even goes above 50% without overclocking it. ive noticed a lot of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flytsimmer on
CaptainK49

REX Essential Plus crashes FSX

Last night I was approaching Baltimore airport and I had a fatal error that crashed FSX. Recently I purchased Rex Essential Plus. This is the second time that this has happened after the installation. It happens near the end of the flight. Do I need to up...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flytsimmer on
Zesty42

CLS 767 Autopilot Problems

I got the CLS 767 and I could never capture the localizer! I pressed the LOC button and made sure the NAV/GPS Switch was set to NAV. I also checked that the course heading and NAV Frequencies where correct. So it kept turning in the opposite direction of ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Zesty42 on
effieveda

U.S. scenery

I'm looking for some scenery add ons. Just about anywhere in the United States will do. I've searched through all of the usual sites, but was wondering if anyone has come upon any jems out there. Please let me know if you have and how to find the sites. F...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaseyJ on
Earwigo

Cannot find add-on scenery in FSX.

I cannot find the downloaded John Lennon Airport scenery in FSX, and wondered what I was doing wrong? I've been to settings/scenery library/area when running FSX, but cannot get the program to see the airport as add-on scenery. Any help would be very muc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
CaptainK49

Aircraft Carrier downloads

Can anyone tell me how to locate the AI aircraft carriers for landing on them after download? Thank you....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainK49 on
Evan_M

FSX Addon (Similar to fspassengers or Airliner Pilot)

Hello, I've been searching for an addon for FSX that is similar to Airliner Pilot (for fs2004) and fsx passengers. I was going to buy fspassengers but the price seems a bit high for my liking. Does anyone know of an addon like this? Thanks, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
dean.florida

uss nimitz install (USS Nimitz & USS Eisenhower Version

The README file in the USS Nimitz download, step 1 states: 1-copy cvn_68_69.cfg into 'conf.d' folder inside your 'Aicarriers' installation folder. The problem is, I can't find the "AICarriers" installation folder anywhere, and by extension, I've a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DeanFlorida on
CaptainK49

CRJ 200 Free download

How do I get the VC for this aircraft? When downloaded there is no VC. Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainK49 on
JAMES ROBINSON

I REALLY NEED SDK EVEN THOUGH I DONT HAVE FSX DELUXE

hi guys i have fsx acseleration addition and i realy want sdk for mission builder i have lots of gerat ideas for it i dont want to buy fsx dulux any ideas on how to do so PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
W3CPR

Adding gauges to PMDG aircraft

I would like to install a Map and GPS gauge in the PMDG 747-400X for FSX but am having a difficult time doing so. I realize PMDG has made it very difficult but I wonder if anyone has any luck in adding any gauges to this aircraft. I have FSPS but it can...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
W3CPR on
W3CPR

Addons for PMDG

I am having a difficult time trying to get two addons for the PMDG 747-400X in FSX. PMDG did not bother to incorporate a GPS or a MAP like FS9 did. When flying at night and you lose the FMC in the PMDG 747 you might as well jump out as there is no way t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
kuchye@yahoo.com

Ejection seat function.

:cry: Couldn't get any aircraft with ejection seat function. Help....!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
W3CPR

Radar for FSX

Here is an easy way to install a radar system in almost any aircraft in FSX. I used the old radar that was for FS9(2004) and with a few changes managed to get it to work in FSX. I have tried this on 3 different aircraft and the radar worked perfectly on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
warhawk121

RAF abingdon scenery pack

i purchased this pack a few weeksago and only just tried to use the taxi ways and parking area's. but for some reason the abingdon scenery pack says i am colliding with scenery. is there some way to correct this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dave b on
W3CPR

Eric Marciano Radar for FSX

I wonder if anyone else is having this problem. I purchased the Radar program from Eric Marciano for FSX and installed it and all went well. I ran the program and but I have no aircraft return echo's from any aircraft out to the limit of 40 miles in any...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Page 10 of 25