Flight Simulator X: Add-ons/Downloads

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Brettxw

FS Passenger questions

I have the demo installed and have been playing the demo for a day or two and really love it. I will be purchasing this but before I had some questions for people who have been playing this before. When you purchase the full version, do YOU make up whe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Brettxw on
bawns

i need a 777 that works in fsx

help me guys i need a 777 for fsx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cmossey on
Rossko85

Whats the scoop on DX10 on XP FSX?

Hello all, been on the board browsing etc...been a simmer for a while, but decided I really want to get into it full force since my car is done being built...but anyways..glad to be here!! thanks for having me!! with that said, I have been hearing all t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Brettxw on
Sknight67

No call sign from ATC after installing textures on Windows 7

Hello Everyone! On my Windows XP machine I have installed textures for both United and Delta Airlines and noticed that ATC announces the airline name and my flight number. But when I installed these same textures in FSX on my Windows 7 pc, FSX does not ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sknight67 on
Kenji400

B777-200 air file fix for level flight

Anyone know of one? I've been searching for ages. It looks like the nose of the front of the plane is raised ridiculusly higher than it ever should be at level flight. Or does the fix for the B747's and 737's that can be found in the FSX downloads work fo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Kenji400 on
RadarMan

New-Resized Autogen Textures

New! Resized Autogen Textures File Description: This release includes resized textures for autogen buildings in FSX. Textures were resized from 1024x1024 to 512x512, cutting filesize from 683kb to 171kb each. All resized textures have mip-maps inclu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Bedoboi9491

GPWS & Flight Crew Announcements

I was wondering where I can get a GPWS and Flightcrew announcements for my FSX or FS2004? I saw on here a program called Airlines Env 5.0. But I do not see anywhere to get it after many searches. Any suggestions or links to where I can get this. I am r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Rossko85

SERVICE PACKS and UPDATES

Just wondering if someone could clarify, I was having some issues with my FSX after I tried the DX10 Beta stuff i guess its called, for XP. Well, i lost my water rooster tails in my sim and it was showing black lines here and there in the sim while f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
skymasterdon

What is A2A?

I recently downloaded the P-51D 'Slender, Tender and Tall' which I realized is just a texture replacement add-on but the read me text says it requires the A2A FSX update. I'm not sure what this is referring to. Did they mean ASA (Active Sky Advanced) soft...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
shawhyn

Adding aircraft to FSX in WINDOWS VISTA

I am in this forum to get help.If anyone want to help then please tell me how to add and run a aircraft from flyaway to FSX (Ooooops capital letter!!!!) in windows Vista.Please reply in details so that i can follow step by step. thanks Sh....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
terryleemartin

Lockheed Martin F-16 Installer doesn't work

Hi I downloaded Lockheed Martin F-16, the 81,231mb version and attempted to install it. When I click on the installer a window opens up and it says "sorry an error has occurred. The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. T...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
darkrooms

FSX f-14 tomcat effects, gauges install question

I've sucessfully installed the tomcat and it flies great. I've read the readme and the tutorials on how to install the gauges and effects. (Copy the contents, not the folder, right?) My problem is the contents of the gauges folder contains 3 folders: 1....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
darkrooms on
photoshock

Have Accel Pack, add-ons now crashing simulator

Since loading the Acceleration Package w/SP2 and FSX Deluxe, with the add-ons, all I seem to be getting is the message that I have encountered a 'Fatal Error' and do I want to send an error report to Microsoft? What have I done wrong? With the FSX ori...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Brickwall132

Increase engine sound volume?

I was just flying one of my POSKY United 777's with a nice P&W4000 sound set and I can kind of hear the deep rumble on takeoff in the cockpit but it should be much louder. Is there something that I can change in the sound.cfg file to make it louder? And a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Brickwall132 on
Baron58

Carries in accel

can anybody tell me where to get a fsx accelaration carrier in free flight? I've got a FSN Alfa Carrier which is sailable, but I can't land on it by myself! I've also looked in to the carrier flight plans on a guide to aircraft carriers page, but I have...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Baron58 on
photoshock

EH-101

The EH 101 included in Acceleration pack is an exciting machine to fly except for one minor detail that has come to my attention, the gauges are way too small for anyone to read. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just my eyes going bad? I would li...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
photoshock on
Goona007

Repaint V2 Help

I've just d/loaded Repaint V2 from Abacus to do my own repaints for my company fleet in Air Hauler and was wondering if its possible to take the textured files out and edit with Adobe CS2 then put them back in. PS..I have made a company logo how do I g...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
tommyfinnegan

Touch Screen for Flgiht Simulator

SimTouch 5.0 inch Cockpit Control Touch Screen SimTouch has over 100 functions for all aircraft in Microsoft Flight Simulator. Designed on win CE 5.0 you now have full control of your aircraft in a 5.0 inch screen, buttons work and feel like real buttons...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RadarMan

Unofficial Tweaks For FSX

I haven't tried any yet, if you do please report back in this thread. (dead link removed) https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3806/ I'm including this one found by Wing-Man. Dual core processors: FS9 allegedly doesn’t take advantage of the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ollyau on
photoshock

Flight Simulator Deluxe vs. Flight Simulator X

I have just purchased FS Deluxe and am wondering did I spend my money on the wrong thing. It seems that when I went to enter the FS Deluxe I got a message that I had already installed an upgrade to the FS Deluxe program. I have FS X and now I am wonde...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
photoshock

Weird Error Message on C-5 Altus

I have tried every way from a month of Sunday's to get the C-5 from Altus AFB to work. The file has everything needed, but I get a weird error message when I try to run it. I cannot snapshot it, but here's the message in its entirety: The instruction at...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Brickwall132

Best 747 sound set?

I had to unistall and then install my fsx and some of my sounds were lost and one of them was my 747's sound. I was just wondering if there are any great freeware sounds for the Def. 747 for fsx? Thanks for any help 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
s_linste

737-200 JT8D sounds

Hi everyone, I'm a brand new member and my first order of business was to get a 737-200 model downloaded. I downloaded a few but they all seem to have relatively empty sound folders and when I fly them they sound just like the 737-800. I wanna hear...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Brickwall132

SGA md-80 repaints?

I downloaded a SGA Md-80 in an Alaska airlines livery and I was just wondering where to go for some repaints such as American Airlines and Alitalia. I have already checked flightsim.com and avsim and couldnt find anything. ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Brickwall132 on
scab12

Garmin G1000

I have the basic vesion of FSX and I was woundering if there is an addon that could give me the Garmin G1000 in a couple of my small prop plane or if there was a plane I could download that came with it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
thi9nk5 on
santiess

A321 texture failure !!!!!!

Hi, I've got with fsx a problem adding the texture for the a321, the first ones went well end now I certainly can't add any texture, I've dubbel cecked everything to have it th same as the ones who work. Can anyone help me, Thomas...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
SILVERFOX11

VRInsight hat-track problem

My computer is AMD3.10 dual gaming mother board. The best 8800 video 8GB memory. I installed hat track in FSX everything seems to be okay except every few seconds the picture will jump to one side and back in about one second time. I have adjusted ev...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
xxxtcr

FSX Acceleration

When I install fsx acceleration, All my add on planes loose their texture, any idea what is going on there?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Brickwall132

MD-80 sound question

I was just wondering if there are any sound sets that are freeware and are for the md-80. I've looked every where around the internet and I failed in finding a sound set that captured the true nature of those engines such as it's very loud buzz saw sound....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Brickwall132 on
downwind03

Installing from WOA1 installer to FSX

Although I have no problem installing A1 Aircraft/Flight Plans to fs9 using the WOA1 Installer, I find the error 'Unhandled Exception has occurred' pops up when I hit 'Install' to FSX. Both my fs9 and FSX are installed on a dedicated 'D' drive............

Answers
Views
Last answer by
downwind03 on
mb-1994

Can't install new FSX Scenery (Samsoft Singapore X)

I've been told by the instruction manual to go to scenery library, add area, and select the SamSoft program folder. I've done this, clicked it, which just opens up a new folder containing "scenery" and "texture" i click ok again nothing happens. Why won't...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
stocz2

Xpax question

I am looking to see if anyone here uses XPax add-on. If so is it any good? I really wanted to buy FSXPassenger, but there are alot of people having problems getting there reg. key. I have FS9Passenger, and i really like that add-on. So any help wou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
stocz2 on
santiess

VC replace

Hi, how do you replace a VC from one cocpit into another Aircraft???????...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
santiess on
santiess

ATC Callsign, need Help!!!!!!!!

hi I've downloaded some textures of airlines. The only problem i'm facing with is that I don't know how to let the ATC use the airline's callsign. Does anyone knows how to fix this T....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
santiess on
photoshock

Wing Lights and Strobes have a box surrounding them

I have downloaded a set of Boeing 727's and after loading them it seems that the external lights, now have boxes surrounding them. They sometimes work but the majority of the planes have small construct boxes surrounding the sites of the lights. What do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
photoshock on
Schpotty

Shuttle Landing

Hello fellow sky dwellers...............I'm asking if anyone can give me specific, point by point moves to get the space shuttle "landing" mission up and working. This is the one that starts about five miles out for a glide in landing. I have been messi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Schpotty on
brandonmoffit

AIR file is damaged

I continue to get this error - cannot install any downloads. Looking for clues. I've downloaded the most current AIR version from Adobe, it doesn't seem to be related to Adobe itself. The message I get is: "The application could not be i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
JAHoakland

I can't get zipped files into the right files

:evil: ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
gtx85

F S Global 2008 Scenery

Has anyone tried FS Global 2008 scenery add-on made by Flight 1, and sold by SimShack ? Thier ad sounds pretty good. Would sure like to hear comments or reviews....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gtx85 on
DakotaG01

missing planes and .cfg files

I downloaded a bunch of new aircraft from here. I can do that and get them to the "SimObjects" folder with no problems. When I open the game all the planes are missing. I understand I have to edit a ".cfg" file. I don't know how to do that and I don't kno...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
oc03sampso

2 missing......

Hi, i havnt done this before but have been on here for a while now, but have noticed two of my favorate millatry jets missing from the hundreds there are, The English Electric Blue Lightning, and also the Eurofighter Thypoohn. these happen to be two of th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
lewis4490

Help planes not showing

Hello I am new to this ok when i download a file and extract it and read the read me i dont understand what i have to do. I dont know where the aircraft.cfg is. Can i please get help Thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
oldguardduke

FXS Acceleration

Where and or how do I upgrade from FSX to Acceleration so Ican fly military aircraft. Also are there any combat missions in acceleration or are they just free flights. New to this wonderful website, so glad I joined. "Shadow"...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
fatandangry

no cd #2 HALP!

I bought flight simulator x and still have cd #1 and the product key, But I lost cd#2. Is there anything I can do to make flight simulator x and the payment to this website worth it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
D5Tweddle

RAM & Frame rates

Hope someone can help. Currently my PC seems to be running at reduced frame rates (depending on what type of aircraft I use). I use FSX with most of WOAI installed. I also have Just flights 757, 737 & Volume 1 Airbus series. I currently have 1gb of RAM...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
n7xlq1

flight planing??

Anyone know of a good flight planning for FSX, I know in FS9 you could use FSNAV, but there isn't going to be one for FSX. I tried to do a international flight using the Flight planner in FSX, but it had me going the wrong direction where I wanted to go. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
Lennon33

download failed!!

I don't get it! I dragged and dropped the aircraft I downloaded from this site into sim objects and then airplane and it does not show up in the game...what am I doing wrong??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lennon33 on
Heyjoojoo

So, what's around nowadays for ground textures?

I have had Ground Environment X for quite awhile and have been okay with it for the time being. But are there newer things on the market? Also, as far as clouds I've seen Real Environemt Extreme. Anything newer than this one? Kareem...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
gsnde

Airport Design Editor Release 1.40

ScruffyDuck Software and the ADE Development Team are delighted to announce the release of Airport Design Editor Version 1.40 on AVSim. This is a significant new release with a number of bug fixes, enhancements and new features. The major new function is ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
matibernard

Concorde from flight simulator x

Hi ! I have a problem with a concorde. When I start engines (Ctrl+E), I can't move. Help me, please!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
Page 15 of 25