Flight Simulator X: Add-ons/Downloads

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

George Anderson

Addon Plane not showing up in FSX

I downloaded POSKY 772-F UPS, extracted it to a file , copied and pasted it into Airplanes , shows up in Airplanes folder along with other planes but not showing up in FSX planes. What did I mess up ? Geo 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kc110 on
RogueDefector

Looking for FSX SDK

Hi guys I'm in need of your help. I've got the standard edition of FSX and I'm in need of the SDK that comes with the deluxe edition. Anyone know where I can get it from? I'd like to use it straight away rather than buy the deluxe edition and wai...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Morgan Thomas on
André Ludick

FSX auto generated Flight Logbook

Can anyone inform me directly to my e-mail address what am I to do, as FSX has stopped adding entries to my logbook? It's very annoying - it caused me to keep track of my flights manually and after flights I then have to add this info in an MS Excel sprea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
André Ludick on
johnfrye

Installing Living Sky Aerobatics

How do you install the Living Sky Aerobatics tutorial ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Noobie Pilot

FSX Cabin Sounds

Is there a site or anywhere I can download FSX Cabin Sounds or Crew Sounds to make my flight more realistic? Help would be greatly appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Reynaldi King on
DeekP

Help Needed with Adding New Scenery to my FSX

Hi, I'm new to Fly Away and joined to upgrade the deafulkt of my FSX simulatior. Un fortunately I am having bo success in adding anything new. I tried downloading the New Dubai International Airport Scenery. Tghis was successful and I unzipped the f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jstockton882

Captain Sim F/A-18D

just bought this plane and it doesn't work... Nothing controls the aircraft except for the throttle. Landing gear aren't visible. Can someone please give me a little tech support? I'm pretty angry and I feel like I just got ripped off....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Arjun Bendre

WOAI Installer Odd problem

Hi all, I know that most people will say that you should have looked at the FAQs, but I couldn't find anything of help to me. I am running Windows 8, with a PC meeting the recommended requirements for my flight simulator which is FSX. I have a bu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Arjun Bendre on
W3CPR

Waypoint generation

I have been searching high and low for a little program where I could type in the name of the waypoint and then have the program search for it and display the latitude and longitude. I have tried Skyvector but that is not what I am looking for. I origin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
W3CPR on
EdFishy

Any way to allow ATC and AI Traffic on LAN?

I tried the Widetraffic application, but I'm not seeing any other traffic on either PC on the LAN. I've gone over the manual, followed the settings instructions, etc but no dice. Is there any other app out there that enables AI Traffic on the LAN? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mrfoxik on
flychem

PMDG BaE Jetstream 4100

greetings: I just downloaded the J41 and tried to load it and FSX CTD'd. I looked for the fix and found varoius approaches. First I will try the most simple and that is to set the default freeflight airplane to the glider. I will keep posting inform...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flychem on
jose pablo morales

fsx aircraft takeoff speed

I have an airbus a340-300 in my fsx, but the problem is that the minimum speed for vrotate is lmost 230 KNOTS!!!!! and the runway is not long enough for the aircraft to takeoff. I compared with another a340 that I had but that one was ok in the vrotate...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jose pablo morales on
Andrew Evans

FSX AI TRAFFIC EDITOR ISSUES HOW TO FIX???

😞 Um Hey guys !!! I wanted to get the FSX AI Traffic Editor and It says I need an SDK pack. But when I went to the FSX Website it said to not install an SDK if you have Acceleration, which I do!!! How do I fix this, and where can I download one ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Andrew Evans on
DCGuest

Mike Stone L1011-500

I was wondering if there is a way to install an autoland function to the autopilot in this otherwise flawless simulator. I have buttons that indicate approach, localizer and backcourse, but no A/L for AP. Thank you. P.S. This is the download with Air Ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DCGuest on
cavalierjan

Aircraft request,

Does anybody know a good 707, Dc-8 or Boeing 747-100, 200 or SP. I would really apppreciate the fact, that the plane has a VC....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Hutch47 on
rcfoley

how to see "other and vehicles" in fsx acceleratio

Hey everybody, just downloaded the Nimitz kit from other and vehicles. How do I use this in FSX w/ acceleration? ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rcfoley on
oldave

Landing sound effects program...???

I fly small general aviation aircraft with FSX... I was reading some time ago about a program or download that gave you realistic landing sounds on FSX...??? I have searched around a bit and can`t seem to find what I`m looking for, so if anyone knows of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
W3CPR

GPS, Radar, Rwyinfo and Map for PMDG MD-11

I have been successful in working with the PMDG MD-11 and adding some additions that I know other people have asked for. I have been successful in adding GPS, Radar, Rwyinfo and Map for the MD-11. I have been testing it for several weeks now and it seem...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
W3CPR on
Karthik N. Rao

Aircraft is not showing up in game!!

Hi, I have downloaded several airplanes for my FSX ACCLERATION. I have installed it also. But when i open the game to select the aircraft i have installed/downloaded, i am not able to see it, i.e., it is not showing up in the airplanes' list!! Pl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Zooman77

Meyers 200D

I have downloaded the Meyers 200D https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/4774/fsx-aero-commander-meyers-200d/, however the only thing that is visible in the virtual cockpit are the gauges, radios, and GPS. In the external view of the aircraft the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Joel Welford

How to add addons in fsx

I downloaded microsoft flight sim from this link: http://www.mediafire.com/?q7dixuchp2ec6a0 How do I add a thomas cook A321 plane to fsx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
cavalierjan

Tom A306r cockpit issues

After I downloaded the Thomas Ruth Airbus A300-600R, I wanted to test the jetliner, but the instruments are dead. What can I do?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cavalierjan on
Jake Minihan

Air Rarotonga FSX!

Hi there, I would like to know if there are any Air Rarotonga planes available for FSX- I use Accelaration. I would prefer a full model, if not a link to the livery and a link to the model would be absolutely amazing! Thank you ever so much!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sardave

install fx

I follow the instructions on the downloads.. make a separate file... copy the Aircraft to Airplanes, Gauges to gauges, effects to effects.. no matter what I do I end up with a plane with no color or interior... sometimes no skin at all... Very frustrated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mibo

Bridge TuFa mission = Fatal error and Douglas AH-1 Black pr

Hello, Have downloades the A-1H Skyraider Navy Va 25 and Va 176. 1.The 176 works in free flight but the Va 25 in virtual cockpit has no outside view (all is black)and switching to outside view you can see a black propeller. Why, both planes are on the s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nathan7278 on
Steve528

No menu bar in FSX Deluxe Edition

Hi folks. I've just installed FSX in a brand new Dell computer that will be used for the flight simulator only. The installation went without a hitch but upon launching the game my screen doesn't have a menu bar at the top. To tweak the game I have to e...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nathan7278 on
Engr.Abdul

my default Airbus A321 is invisible

my default airbus a321 is invisible i cant view it pls does anyone know how i can fix it? The problem started when i was trying to a new texture on the aircraft pls help me out thnk u.......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nathan7278 on
Avi8r747

I'm a computer noob and can't figure this out

Hey everyone, So my old computer was no longer able to support FSX. I just bought a used one that was totally overhauled and updated and more than capable of running FSX again. When I loaded my add ons, I was unable to change the aircraft CFG files....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
inam81

Simple altimeter add on

Hi, Is there a simple altimeter add on that I can map to a key, and have my altitude/airspeed show up while in external view? Right now I rely on thevirtual cockpit panel for altitude (by zooming in on the altitude display). I searched around but could...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
hammerdag

CLS 767 Problems, Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem 1---Screen goes to black when switching from different views or going to instant replay Problem 2 ----GPWS does not work properly--will say 500 and that's it! Problem 3---clicking from different views too fast causes FSX to crash Problem 4 ---p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Name of Military propeller aircraft with tail hook operative

Hi. Can you point out me the names of airplanes helix military with operational hook of tail, to unload for FSX from Fly Away? Thanks for the answers. Regards..... Micke...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
W3CPR

FSCommander FSX

I seem to be running into this same problem quite a bit with the FSCommander under FSX. It seems there are quite a few airports in the United States where the FSCommander STAR charts don't agree with the actual runways at many airports. My latest AIRAC ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
oldave

FSUIPC 4 Any Easy Way To Set Up...???

I admit from the start I a relative Newbie to all of this... I purchased FSUIPC 4 late last year and have just recently installed it ( No Problem with the install) onto my PC... I am also an "Old Guy" and can`t seem to figure out how to assign my Saitek...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
myers62

boeing callouts fsx wont work?

hello im having issues with callouts i had them working before now there not tried installing them when i start fsx and fly tells me to active gauge i hit yes but no callouts. ive done over and over installs but nothing dosnt seem too work. was working...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
myers62 on
Captain_Jon_Stanley

Download problem. Black Shadow

Hello I have been trying to download planes. I follow online tutorials and get the plane downloaded but its all black just a shadow of the plane. Where do I go wrong?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
dageeze

iFly 747-400

I have about given up on this. I did a search, but couldn't find any info on this. I can't for the life of me get the VC to show up. When I go to VC, I have no cockpit at all. I followed all the installation instruction but it's a no go....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
B767fan

iFly Boeing 737 speed problems

Hallo, Dies ist das erste Mal, das ich etwas in einem Forum poste, doch diesmal bräuchte ich wirklich etwas Hilfe von euch... Und zwar, es geht wie oben schon beschrieben um die iFly 737. Anfangs hatte ich keine Probleme mit ihr, doch jetzt verhält...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
mrfocus

very slow loading, then buggy.

hey guys, I have recently downloaded ftx Global and installed a trackir. my fsx now loads very very slowly, if at all/ when it does load there are no textures on most of my downloaded planes and the scenery is all farged up. I have a new top of the line c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
coolgoose

New KJFK isn't on maps and GPS any more?

I installed Ray Smith's AFCAD of KJFK v2. Never before did it, just used the original one from the FSX Gold. It looks wonderfull, buildings and runways , but the all map of the runways just vanished from the Main Map and from the GPS devise. Any suges...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
coolgoose on
GaryQ

Installing downloaded planes by folder

I would lke to dwn'ld files into proper folders. I understand the procedure. And I have "panel", "effects", etc. The QUESTION is - - I do not have a "Model" folder, but I do have a "Module" fldr. Is that the Model folder ?? Thanks, GQ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
W3CPR

FSCommander and SID/STAR

When running FSCommander and using the SID/STAR for creating a flight plan in FSX, I have run into a recurring problem at various airports. When creating a flight plan and looking at the FSCommander map, airport KTPA shows several runways namely 18R, 18L...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mrfocus

cannot download from Fly Away

hi folks, I'm back to simming after a few years off. Just got a big new honkin' rig with win 8.1. I go to download an airplane and nothing happens. Nothing. I am logged in so wassup? Am I missing a cookie button or what?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Bogie57

Can't see repaints in game

I downloaded and installed tom7272 per instructions and the two repaints that came with that worked fine. I then downloaded and installed tr722sevenpaints because I wanted the Hughes Airwest repaint that came with it. I followed instructions, but when I g...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
toddbreda

UFOs for FSX

I'm looking for some decent UFOs/saucers or black project hypothetical craft for FSX. I've downloaded the Area-51 TR-3 triangle but the other ones I found were incompatible with FSX. Any help is always greatly appreciated! Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
nichos

FMA for 707 (Flight Management Automation)

Hi, I downloaded this FMC for the FSX 707 only, from Simviation's utils but it was the v1.0.1 which did not work. Brett Orsecky, the FMA maker, emailed me the version2 "fma201ce.zip". It is really impressive FMC for the FSX 707 only. A new ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nichos on
Jonf1502008

Acceleration add on.

Where can I get the Acceleration add on. I got the deluxe back when it first came out so I paid 60 for that now that its 20 bucks haha. There are so many repaints I see that I want but they all say I need the Acceleration add on. So short of buying a new ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jake Witcombe

Where do I put the zip to fly the plane?

I've downloaded a zip file from this website and I don't know where and how to save it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
conniegeo1

No Sound In 737-800

I don't know how this happened BUT ,I now have no sound 737-800 all of them . I went in and copied and pasted the sound back into Sound still no sound . Geo, maybe its I am getting too old for this . ❓ ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
conniegeo1

OK Looked in main FSX menu

Ok Im looking in main menu FSX ,it has sounds ,Textures , effects etc. etc. When I download a plane that has all this in it , do I have to separately copy and paste every one of the attributes from that file into each and everyone of these ?? According to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
loli1

msfs x sweetfx

hi all Does anyone here use "Sweetfx" with FSX? If so, what version of FSX will this work? i tried so much but i can't make it work so help me step by step please cause i want it so much and thanks ❗...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Page 9 of 25