Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Katherine R

TOGA?

hey, I got a quicky for you guys... I am flying an Airbus and there are 2 buttons on the autopilot I am not sure what they actually do: The first button I am unsure about is under the Autothrottle switch and says TOGA on it? Any ideas?? Also, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
Jared

[ Poll ] What's your favorite pay-ware maker

The topic speaks for itself. Mines PMDG....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
RCNextGen

A380 Autopilot

hey everyone, I am now proud to say that I am the owner of a fleet of Airbus A380 aircraft (well, the Abacus A380 add on anyway)... theres just one tiny problem.... my fleet's grounded because the user manuel is absolutely diabolical! I have f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
nottobe

I am delighted to see my Frame Rate pain is gone for good

the framerate stutter had been torturing me for months ever since I upgraded my system and got my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro............. I had been constantly testing all the settings trying to get the best combination yet maintain the highest possible scenery...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
MaXimusMyth

Flightsim 2006?

Greetings, I may be missing something, but is there any information out there regarding the next installment of flightsim...in terms of anything? (featured aircraft, release date etc.). The only fact that I'm aware of, is that it will certainly be a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
kenpratt@orchardbu.fsnet.

FS9.CFG What do these parts really mean!

Could someone please explain to me what (in plain layman terms the various parts of the Terrain section in FS9.cfg represent. e.g What do these areas in my basic standard FS9.cfg really control: TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=60.000000 TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CP16

ATC and pilot voice

Hi Yesterday, when I went to fly, and speak with the ATC a strange thing happened. The ATC and the pilot voice and text disappeared….maybe I erase something… Thanks for the help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CP16 on
crosscheck9

CD1 missing - is there a solution

I can't seem to find the FSim CD1 anywhere. I found the package and all that was in it was Disks 2, 3, and 4. Is there anyway I can still install the sim, or do I have to buy a new one? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
twistedsucker on
reddhaus

Can't see a picture of the plane I am selecting, why?

MS Flight Sim 2004 is working well except....... When I am on the screen to pick my plane, the preview window is black. When I first installed the program the preview window was showing my plane just fine. After I went into the settings and bumped ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
spuddi

Cool sat images of Airport's

check out www.maps.google.com put in your USA airport code and you will get a map of the airport, hit the satelite button and you get an areail phot that you can zoom into. it only covers north america at the moment....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Paiute on
freedspeak

How do I get the Sandim AN-24 off the ground?

By the time I reach the end of the runway I have plenty of speed but the plane just wont rotate. The notes say to set the flaps to the 3rd position (15deg) which I did. They also say to set the propeller lock ON. What is the propeller lock? The cockpit i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
CrashGordon

[ Poll ] How big is your fleet?

How many different types of planes do you have? (Not repaints of the same version)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lds_soldier on
mypilot

"No Traffic"

A guest posted this in the "bottom" forums. I recently downloaded a demo version of FSLive Traffic from ww.airnavsystems.com. I tested it out, and then decided to remove it. I'm pretty sure all I removed was the stuff that came with the download, but e...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
Skymuncher

Farewell

Fellow simmers, tomorrow I will go back to Switzerland after spending one year in the USA. In Switzerland, my parents are still reluctant to internet, and I will not be able to visit daily this forum anymore. Thank you to everybody who gave me informatio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
horrgakx

FS Global or FS Terrain???

I bought 2 original products from eBay sellers, Just Flight's FS Global and FS Terrain. What is the difference? Do I install only one? Which one? Dave...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
Jared

Stil have the avsim problem

I still have the avsim problem. i click to download the file. this is anyfile on the database. none of them work for me. then it begins to download. then when it is done, before the folder opens an error message pops up and says "the compressed(zipped) fo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Barge on
mypilot

ATC chatter

I flew into New York this afternoon and after I finally got a chance to acknowledge it I was only 2 miles from the runway. I barely had a chance to contact the tower. 😳 Basically, is there any way to speed up the ATC chatter??? Maybe a program t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
CP16

anti-skid system

Hi somebody can tell me how the anti-skid system works, and what is it? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Barge on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Why I'll never use G-Mail

http://www.gmail-is-too-creepy.com/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on
jeremyp969

When using "select a flight" program just exits

I got MFS 2004 yesterday and installed it. When I do a create a flight it works fine. When I do a training it works fine(exited once or twice). When I do a "select a flight" then click "Fly Now" the program just exits. No error messages or anything. I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Andy2005

FSpassenger problem

Sorry about creating another post about fspassengers. I downloaded the demo and it's on the whole very good. I strated an airline and bought a cessna skylane. However, after every flight I get -300 points for not setting correct flaps at takeoff. I've do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Andy2005 on
Paiute

Hurricane Dennis

Does anyone plan to use the "real world weather" feature of FS9 to fly into Hurricane Dennis?? I was thinking that if you use the Cessna Skyhawk you could have the "thrill" of flying backward. 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
mypilot

mach 5.5!

What do you all think about the supersonic jet talked about on the home page? 😀 😳 Oh yeah, is darklord a member here?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
FlorisGroeneveld

FSpassengers

I downloaded the file, I installed it, but I don't even see if I open a flight a control panel or something. I need help installing this thing!!! add me on msn floris_groeneveld@hotmail.com...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
fsnewbie

Basic question about ATC

I'm enjoying fsim! and taking rod's lessons. what does the atc mean mean when they ask 'you do u want to depart from north east south west, straight out'? is this the runway direction or heading or course or something to do with leaving their airspace? th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
FlorisGroeneveld

Flying Club

I am looking for people who like to fly, to get help, and to fly multiplayer. We can start a crew with good members and highly expericenced pilots who like to fly in there own time. We can help the new ones to fly, and we can fly at our own servers who a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FlorisGroeneveld on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Get the FsFrance Concorde-be advised, Limited Downloads

look at the post in AIrcraft, called Best Concorde by artreyu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
sempire

can we change the language ?

Hi, I have the german version of the game , how can we change the language ? Thank you in advance for any answer. Sempire...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Fire_Emblem_Master

A few cool Guides by yours truly

This came about as the end-result of several 5AM sessions of not-enough-to-do. basically it makes panel/sound installations simple. For the panels 1. "Install" the panel as per the readme included. Basic panel installation follows these subpoin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Bartholomew

Air - lines ... ???

Is it just me or the dude who made the textures for DC-3 never attended high school. It says "Swiss Air lines" instead of "Swiss Airlines". I've always thought "airlines" was one word. ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
algonz

BRAND NEW CAP ADD-ON - ATTENTION JARED

My grandson just got his Civil Air Patrol newsletter. On the second page, top left corner there is an article regarding a new add-on package for FS 2004 entitled CIVIL AIR PATROL PILOT. The package is produced by Abacus in cooperation with the Civil Air...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
FlorisGroeneveld

Specs to have

I have a: 2.8 GHz Intel pentium 4 512 mb ram 256 mb grafics card (G force FX5200) when I play FS2004 I have around 15fps/sec :'( What need to be upgraded, if I do the weater very high, (clouds, winds) then it is even slower then 15fps/sec...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
cacalala2000

Is my computer spec any good??????????

Just a query really I have the following spec XP serv pack 2 sempron 3100+ 512 ram 64 mb graphic card Just had game before with same graphics card butter everything was a bit slower and game would run very very slow and jerky would this happen on t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
felix2222

ActiveSky

hi all! I´m using ASV5 since a few weeks and i´m pretty satisfied with it. Also the performance is very good. Except you fly into a very cloudy area. Then my frames fall down to 5-8fps. And flying is not fun anymore especially when you´re on an ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
freeindeed

FS9 manual.pdf

Just loaded FS for first time and can't find my #1 disk! I can't find the pdf file anywhere. Could anyone post a copy. I'm a pilot and want to do instrument flight and multiplayer with my instructor. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
Michael_H

Need a Replacement for the default 747-400 panel

Wondering if anyone can recommend a good freeware panel for the 747. Something more realistic with better instrument lighting if possible. any help appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on

Explain How VATSIM Works

Can anyone explain to mo how VATSIM works and whats the best way to use it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on
nottobe

Stupid AI trafic

I was on my ILS final at runway 25R KLAS(LA), two 737s over took me at outer marker, then around middle marker, another (god knows what it was) jet tailgated me and crashed right into my ass......i know the jet approach speed is much higher than me (Cessn...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Andy2005 on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Best setting for joystick

In FS9, what is the best sensitivity settings for my Logitech Extreme3D Pro Joystick in terms of response and whatnot....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
fs2004kev

localizer & glideslope

My localizer & glideslope won't work in fs2004 correctly. Flightplan works. I can plan and fly courses correctly to destination using ATC. THe localizer & glideslope won't work in VOR & IFR on any aircraft. Any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on
Habu

FS 2004 Patch

Hi, sorry to start a new topic for this. I searched and searched and cannot find the original.. Radarman, maybe you could move my question to the original post? But I was wondering what the concensus is regarding the patch? Is it worth it? Thnx, rob...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Habu on
AJWatson2209

Does anyone else have/use Flight Deck III

Does any one else use or have FDIII? i downloaded it this morning and installed it, i can use the planes but i thought their were carries i could use too. I cant seemt o find them in the locations on create a flight and in the options their at the top of ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Habu on
freedspeak

Anyone have the Maam B-25?

If so, what do you think of it. Am thinking of buying it if I hear good reports. Have yet to get an airplane with accurate radial engine sounds. Hope the B-25 delivers....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JEP550 on
-Jester-

Got the SHAKES

Hello, I have 2 questions, 1. When I went in to land my P-3C and I was in good position autopilot was off I was at 300FT then all of the sudden My Orion Went crazy it swayed to the left and to the right and I couldnt keep it on the runway :x what is g...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
-Jester- on
atreyu

how to use active camera?

hey i got the active camera demo and i wanna try it on my pmdg beech b1900c. i can't figure out how to move around the plane, all i can do is open the cockpit door....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RadarMan

Help Clean up Screenshot Forum

From a guest-moved. I just looked in the screenshotsgallery. And what is this ? This isn't normal anymore. What is all this ? I'm really confused! I should say delete the comments right away !!!! Your post has been edited by :radar: This ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
nottobe

joystick on A380, pilot left handed?

I saw the cockpit picture, the captain joystick is on the left side, the copilot joystick is on the right side, i think its kinda tough for the captain if he is right handed...........

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
kevin2003

Eurocontrol Zones

Hi, would anyone have a link to a chart with the various Eurocontrol zones displayed? I flew into one last night on Vatsim (Eurocontrol South)at FL330 and was blissfully unaware until I commenced my descent, whereupon I was "pinged" by the controller.S...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kevin2003 on
atreyu

whats slew?

whats slew? i saw it in the knee board....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
tricky2070

Ok i give up!!!

I'm trying to land using autopilot but for some reason it won't work for me iv'e read FEM guide and followed steps 1-4 then click APPR button...well it says APP is this the right button? now a nice solution would be for someone to record a step by step gu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Page 63 of 101