Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

bawls327

Flytampa SABA, and TFFJ

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/33026/flytampa-saba-and-tffj_cf60c60e3286a7beed33c4035a34f7bb.jpg https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/33026/flytampa-saba-and-tffj_d37361c87ee246860e409ff10f41532f.jpg https:/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Heyjoojoo

Radar Contact...

Is there anyone here who uses RC with FSX? I noticed that when I'm in FSx and the RC screen is showing that I should press 1 or 2 depending on what the ATC wants, nothing happens. I press 1 and then I press 2 but nothing happens... Not sure what is h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
freedspeak

cross runway utility?

In FS9 there was a utility that enabled cross runways at appropriate airports. Is there, or will there be such a utility for FSX?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
puppy-paw on
Rifro

vor tutorial

nvm edit: sorry for wasting space, I'll make a new tutorial, which will hopefully explain it a little bit more. I said my origional tutorial sucked, and will make a new one learning from my mistakes....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
jaialai1soccer

planes are downloaded but won't play

Downloaded the planes but I cant find them. Any helpout there?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
abmukh80

ati radeon x1900/machine specs

Hi guys anybody using a high end ati radeon card. i mean the 512 mb cards. how good is the performance compared to a 256mb card? How good is the ati radeon gdd3 512mb card? Yeah its a bit expensive but i wanna know its performance before i go for it. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Heyjoojoo on
windows1212

GPS FSX

Hi, anyone know how i do for update the GPS of FSX. Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
windows1212 on
luigi_m_

Questions about starting with FSX

Hi all, I'm looking to get back into simming and need some advice. Firstly, I'm going to buy a new PC for FSX, and need an idea of specs to run FSX at a very high quality (quad-core, duo-core, processor speed, RAM etc), and most importantly what video/gra...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Llain on
flightMike

PLEASE ANYONE HELP??????? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

ok hello. i have FSX and i had to reinstall FSX a few times because i left FSX for a bit but now im back. So my problem is..... When i go onto mutiplayer. it wont let me talk anymore. i even went to network settings and when ever i check that box for e...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
7ECA-Captain

Bell 206 trim issues

Hi, just curious about the trim on the 206, I'm guessing there is none. I'm having a heck of a time keeping it flying in a straight line and in balance, ie: straight and level. It keeps turning slightly and wanting constant rudder input. As well it seems ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lee198 on
Razgr1z912

PMDG 747X

When I use the A/C I have noticed a big FPS hit from lets say the default 747. Is there any way to fix it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
AngelT

First solo

In FS2004 I was able to print my Private Pilot First solo ride, how can I do the same with FSX? Thanks for any imput....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Dogsbolox0110

DOES AERO FILES GROUND DETAIL CAUSE SLOWDOWN

hey guys just thinking of getting Aero Files ground details, and was wondering if it causes much slow down. i m currently running fsx, acceleration and Abacus flight deck 5 on high scenery settings, have traffic and weather down pretty low as they cause ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dogsbolox0110 on
Simmy

Briefings and the kneeboard

How do I add text to the briefing page on the kneeboard? I know from the Forum that I use Notepad and need to create an HTML file but I am unclear how to do this. I followed a link to Create HTML Document but there is no provision in Notepad that I can s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Simmy on
Dudds

Kaslo (CBR2) Approach Plate?

Hi. Does anyone know where I can get hold of an approach plate for Kaslo (CBR2) - either FSX or real-world? I have Sky Vectors bookmarked but it doesn't cover British Columbia. Many thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dudds on
russ_sheraton

How do I install FSX aircraft downloads in Vista

please held...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Heyjoojoo

From nVidia 7600GT to what.... (minor exeptions though)

Okay. I've been using the nVidia 7600 since FSX was released. Now, I want to move to Direct 10 card but cannot afford that 8800 card. What would you recommend? Should I even stay with nVidia or should I go with ATI? Windows XP Pro 2 2gigs Conroe du...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Heyjoojoo on
Dudds

Viewing Cabin / Passanger Area?

Can someone remind me how, if I have an aircraft with an interior, I can view that interior? I understand how the VC works but can't get 'back' into the cabin behind. Many thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
Dogsbolox0110

Model not defined error

Hey guys I've trawled the net for ages for a solution but can't find anything useful. I've got FSX running on vista and have had no problems with it until last week. I've installed Flight Deck 5 and Cargo Pilot with no problems. I recently installed Carr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dogsbolox0110 on
Dudds

Trees, not Buildings Please

Does anyone know whether it is possible to just have the trees switched on in FSX and not the buildings - or are the two linked (which I believe to be the case). Many thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ollyau on
Heyjoojoo

What do you think could be happening?

Okay. I'm getting better at doing the ILS approach from Reno NV to San Francisco but one thing I noticed the past two times when I'm on the approach (I'm on both Localizer and Glidescope) and I can see the runway, I've noticed that I'm always too far to t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BruceHolloway on
barkoman

Having trouble config. gamepad triggers as throttle controls

Hi folks, I just threw out my old logitech gamepad controller as it kept losing calibration - absolute garbage. I found out that Microsoft released an adapter to use the Xbox 360 controller on PC's and don't laugh, it works very good. So smooth with no de...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lee198 on
doubleb

SLI

i've got my 2nd 8800 gts 640mb gfx card arriving on saturday (overclockers £139.00 + vat ). i was wondering if anyone else has got an sli config and was there much improvment on framerate? BB...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on
rd151

How do I cancel my account?

I signed up for a monthly account and dowmloaded an addon scenery pak in my MFX game which didn't work. I do not want my membership to continue, so how do I cancel my account? I opened my account but I saw nothing that said "cancel account"?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rd151 on
hasselerd

Slowing down Blackhawk Chopper in Flight ???

Hi, Does anyone know how to slow a Blackhawk down In Flight. I can only reduce the throttle and lift the nose but that takes me up and takes forever slowing the chopper down (consiquently flying way over the landing point, loosing control, going into a sp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lee198 on
jeffb57

Finding the CFG File

Good day, I am attempting to tweak FSX in a manner so that it runs at an acceptable speed on my system. I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to where the fsx.cfg file is located for FSX. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jeffb57 on
Dandujmovich

How to add GPWS on aicraft

Hey I was wondering how do you add GPWS on add on aircraft that dont already have it, could someone help?Thanks 😀 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
D5Tweddle on
7ECA-Captain

KING AIR

Is it just me, or is the FSX King Air a tad hard to control on the ground? I find it to be way to fast on the taxi and hard to keep at a slow pace for ground movements. That and requires a lot of power to get moving... Nothing like other similar twins lik...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
tiequinn

How to enable FPS counter IN GAME? (if there's a such thing)

Hey y'all, I've been a member for few months and haven't made a post. That's cuz the information I need is mostly there 😀 However, after a exhaustive search and reading, I've not been able to find information on how to enable in game FPS coun...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
7ECA-Captain

Lear Throttle Quadrant questions...

Hi, just tried out the lear 45 on FSX, and have a few questions... On my CH Quadrant the default seems to be the throttle levers which makes sense, but for some reason the mixture now seems to cut off the engines rather than letting them spool up? It work...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Remyx

FSX / SP1 / Acceleration - install order?

I should receive my copy of FSX and Acceleration by Friday. (finally upgrading from FS2004) What is the best way to get all of this install installed on a WinXP Pro system? FSX then SP1 then Acceleration? Does it matter when I do the activation? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Remyx on
Rolaids

fsdsxtweak probs

Hi everyone i was working with this on another post but it feel back someone said i could make ssceanry whith it but it wont install it says it failled to start because alleg42.dll wasnt found do i need another program??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rolaids on
D5Tweddle

Help with Graphics card

I currently have a ATI Radeon X800 series (VX912-3) graphics card, and I would like to upgrade to a better one so my FSX can run hopefully quicker (I am only getting about 17-18 FPS at the moment). I am not very technical when it comes to PC's, I know ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Heyjoojoo

Determining when to press ILS button and the LOC button...

Question regarding doing an ILS landing with the Airbus320 and what to look for... I know that I press the ILS button on the FCU before I press the LOC button. But I dont know what indicators I should look for to determine *when* to press that ILS butt...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BruceHolloway on
papab

TWEAK OF THE WEEK: Annoying Display Messages

For additional tweaks visit www.highflightsimulations.com The "FIRST" and "FOREMOST" thing to remember before applying any "tweak" in Flight Simulator X is always remember to backup your important files first! Should your "tweaking" attempt fail, yo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
papab on
paulchris2

PC Aviator's FS Global X2008 Software

Hey Folks, Has anyone bought PC Aviator's FS Global X2008 Software? It's Hi-res terrain mesh for the earth on six DVD's for $65 US. I'm still pretty new to FSX and would like more detail in my scenery and cities. But I don't want to spend the money if i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Llain on
oldsamer

Sign of the times

(dead image removed)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
skyewalker

Landing a Harrier Jump-Jet on bridges?

Are there any bridges on which you can land a plane within FSX? I'm flying a Harrier and tried a VTOL landing onto a bridge, lined up nice, but the graphics just melted away and I slipped through the bridge towards the sea! Nice view of the underside pill...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rolaids on
MJDykas

FSX Aircraft folder

Just wondering what exactly this folder is for? I'm not talking about simobjects/airplanes, it is just aircraft. I did notice that some AI planes reside in there, is that what its for AI aircraft.....versus putting them in your simobjects/airplanes fol...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MJDykas on
Rolaids

Guest Post

HI guys i was wondering is there a way to post whithout a user around hear i have seen some guest post if so tell me how...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rolaids on
7ECA-Captain

Controllers...

Here's an odd one... I need to restart my computer each time I want to use the controllers for FSX The controllers (CH Yoke, Rudders, and Quadrant) don't respond despite showing normal and responding to calibration on both my game controllers and in FSX c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
jmcgowan

Why did camera view change in FSX?

I used to love being able to track around my plane in FS 2004 with the chase plane view mode. Now the default view is from the right wingtip and pans back and forth from a fixed point. Blech! Please tell me there's a way to make the camera track like it d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rolaids on
7ECA-Captain

Friends of the Goose...

Hi Just wondering if there are any other goose fans out there. Maybe we can share locations and "Goose" Stuff. Maybe even a little sim world carribian charter operation. Haivng said that I'm going to get nice rum drink and relax on the beach until my next...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Remyx

Does FSX work better with Nvidia or ATI drivers?

I am about to get a new graphic card. Currently considering the Nvidia 8800GT. However I read somewhere that Nvidia drivers do not work all that well with FSX. Is this a real problem or can it be arranged with tweaking? Is this significant enough ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Remyx on
tricky42

Help Please.

Ive just managed to get a success on the Quito Approach, but the problem is when I go into Free Flight it still thinks I'm going into Quito Approach and I can-not get rid of it? Ive got F.S.X. with Acceleration, Ive done a repair job on Acceleration bu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
papab

FSX Tweak Of the Week-FIBER FRAME FRACTION

For additional tweaks visit www.highflightsimulations.com The "FIRST" and "FOREMOST" thing to remember before applying any "tweak" in Flight Simulator X is always remember to backup your important files first! Should your "tweaking" attempt fail, you ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
papab on
effieveda

Essex class carrier

Anyone know of an Essex class carrier, free or pay that might run in FSX? Thanks in advance ... Art...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
n7xlq1

Problem with VIEW\Instrument Pannel Problem..

Hey all, I'm having a problem getting anything to show up from the View\instrument panels menu in all my aircraft, (ie add-ons and default). When I select for example GPS it flickers for a second then nothing. some aircraft I can't get the Cockpit t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
cthiggin

Help with camera settings/view

Hello fellow simmers - It's been so long (memory lag also) but I have forgotten how to change the camera defaults - as if in view mode, tail looks too long - looked at fsx hotkeys and for the life of me, can't find it. Know there was a thread last year ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cthiggin on
FFEMT435

FSX Kneeboard

Anyone know how to edit the FSX Kneeboard?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FFEMT435 on
Page 30 of 66