Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

matt_flyaway

worl of AI installer

I have gone to avsim and it keeps telling me that it cant find this download. is there somwehere else i can get it from beside that site? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
BadCarma

Captain Sims C-130E herc

A Video I made of the payware C-130E.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p_B15o1P_I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
eyton402 on
JEC47

Missig textures in installed planes

Who can Help. All my planes that are not native to fsx have lost their texture. -Inside and outside. I am just trying my FSX on a 64 bit windows Vista with 8 GB ram, and until now it has worked with no problems, (Its very fast!!!), but suddenly-----.Have ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JEC47 on
sazchek

which is better FSX or X-Plane

I am creating a flight simulator with cockpit, I want it as realistic as possible. Wich software is better FSX vs. X-Plane...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Llain on
Accelor

Folder guages\guages

I have intalled the Harrier A/C and the readme file says 3.-Copy the Folders autosmoke and hja_jet contained in the Gauges folder to the Gauges folder of fsX.------ Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges\Gauges This are Xmail gauges and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
jyung615

FSX ILS LANDING HELP

Yo...i seen previous topics on this but they dont seem to help me. i downloaded this add on for airport (TNCM). they equipped an ILS on the airport and i did the landing a while ago and it worked! but now its not but heres what im doing. i fly n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
jettaman

I want a new computer!!

I want a new computer!! ...who doesn't. Can sombody please suggest what kind of new computer I should get next..thats out there. I'm running a compac Prissario with 2.9 ghz (i think) 4yrs old. It has only 2 slots...😞 I have maxed out 2g...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jettaman on
dieselrotor

Multi aircraft flights.? LOVE MFSX/accelerator pack.

Man, I must be one lucky son of a gun. I see a lot of topics stating problems and glitches-I have had no problems,the sim runs at good speed, never had a plane not download. and if something is missing! I just add it(sound,panel,etc)(panel maker!-its cool...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tony-YSSY on
truckernick

I got ot keep this up till i get an answer.

I need to get the same textures exact on each set of runway texture here, all the way donw the line. Not just the first set. (hard to explain) i have searched all over the net for this but no help. https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimag...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
lotfi_alg

how to cancel membership

tried for the last 2 months to cancel, paypal wont do anything about it and the website never answers my emails..anybody? or i am doomed to stay...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
lotfi_alg

how to have atc guide you like missions in free flights

Hi I am a new at FSX, its running all at ultra high, just finished mastering the planes now my issue is this. when I go to free flights and set a flight plan, the guy doesn't guide me like he would in missions like which way to turn, which heding, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mitch0508 on
mark1234

Thermal Problem

Recently I unistalled and reinstalled Flight Sim X. Prior to the reinstall of Flight Sim X I was able to enter thermals around 500' altitude on the east end of the runway at Locarno, Switzerland (LSZA). Now after the reinstallation of Flight Sim X...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mark1234 on
lotfi_alg

got HD tv? try hd cable instead of vga for fsx

it realy makes a big diffrence using a hdmi cable rather than vga cable on fsx. now i can have the full resolution maximum one! ppl said it wont make a diffrence but when i was using vga cable to my hd tv maximum reso was 1280 but now damn.. i got l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lotfi_alg on
truckernick

Im lost at this point, NEED HELP!!!

I have searched everywhere for really good runway textures but i have not been able to find any so i decided to make my own, but im stuck right here, see i have the runway texture done but they need to be the exact same on each runway thing on this pic no...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
teecee

FSX SP2 problem

After a reinstall I loaded SP1, and got the "you have successfully installed ect" message, but when I try to install SP2 I get a message saying that SP1 is not installed.. any ideas would be appreciated.. Teecee....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mitch0508 on
jpalmer2004

Getting FSX Today!

Hey guys, been about 2 years since i've posted on here lol 😳 I am going to be getting FSX today and was wondering what the difference is between the standard and Deluxe versions. I built me a new custom PC that should purrr nicely with FSX...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
RedRaider217

I still havent gotten a good answer....

but i can provide a little better explination of my problem. when i am in the VC, and i start pulling up systems (radio stack, throttle quadrant etc) if i bring those items up and roll my mouse over them as if i am going to adjust something on them, th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
barkoman on
effieveda

ATC question

I've finally mastered the ILS approach and landing, and have lately been trying my hand at IFR. So everything's fine until I get an instruction from ATC ... "expect vectors GPS to runway 7". I know why they would have me land on the non ILS runway, but I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RedRaider217 on
ehuang6

FSX Video Replay Error

Hi all, I have recorded a couple of my landings using the "Record A Flight" feature in FSX. However, when I go and try to watch the video, the spoilers don't deploy and neither does the reverse thrust; even though I used them in the initial recorded fl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ehuang6 on
Heyjoojoo

From 2.33 GHz Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 to what....

I ended up getting this particular processor with this motherboard but it's a 2.3 GHz, Quad. I've heard so much about how FSX is really cpu driven and so I thought about upgrading to a E8400 3.0GHz, Duo 2 Core but wasnt sure of this processor would be muc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
Kais767

No scenery

Ok so I installed some really cool scenery for FSX, and once I go fly, the whole world is black! Other than the buildings included in the scenery, the gorund is black, no trees, no ohter buildings... Help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
Simmy

Winds in FSX

Will someone enlighten me as to what happens in FSX? I set the wind at 090 degrees at 10 knots. I realise that FSX uses wind true not magnetic. From the sectional the magnetic variation is 13 degrees East Therefore I would expect the magnetic settin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
RedRaider217

My Mic Doesnt work

i know this is a multiplayer topic....but that board is slow and i have seen this topic with no real answers. i run 64 bit vista. i have a usb headset. i hear myself in the ear piece but nobody else does. i have activated the headset through my windo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
nukechris

Addicted Newbie

I am new to flight sims and am absolutely addicted. I have FS X and the expansion pack. I did not buy the deluxe version and am regretting it now. I would like to know if there is a way to download more missions. I have succeeded in getting 2 aircraft but...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Simmy

Problem trimming a Cessna

I am fairly new to Flight Simulation. When I trim the Piper Cub it is quick,easy and stays trimmed. However, when I trim the Cessna Skyhawk 172 SP it is difficult and tends to drift off even if I continue flying straight and level. Is this true of the re...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
ginns

Pilot and CoPilot's Window View

I just loaded FSX and have been using it for about a week geting used to the differeces. I pressed the "S" key to get the full outside view and did. Then I moved the Hat to left and right and what appeared were the sindows for the Pilot and Copilot. I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ginns on
1LtLoric

What's the .AIR file for?

Hey, me and my friend from VMC want to make some F-18 addons. But, he says that you need to make a .AIR file? Whenever I go into aircraft files, I see these little ".AIR" files, but I have no idea what they are for. First, what are these air files for, an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
1LtLoric

Sign this petition; Try to bring in FS11!

Please, all of you, sign this petition. We all plan to send the letter to Microsoft. Every signature matters. http://www.supportflightsim.com/ Not a spam link, no dubious sites, or anything, just a petition. Radarman, please sticky this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ginns on
Accelor

AIRBUS 321 PANELS

When I click on the PFD, MFD, and ECAMS I am able to un-cage them, but not move them without the entire display moving. Are they not able to move like in other A/C or am I missing something. ❓ Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
FlyPast

Engine Start Up issues

I am encountering a persistent problem with the Level D 767 during engine start up in free flight dark and cold. I follow the instructions to the letter, however each engine only ever spins up to about 10% very slowly and then does not actually fire up...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Simmy on
mpf858

Executive Tour

In the mission "Executive Tour", once I get past the shuttle, using ";" to save the spot, and sometimes using Esc, crashes the XP computer. This mission came with FXS Acceleration, I think. Does anyone know of a newer version of this interesting mission? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mpf858 on
TMarcus

audibles in the cockpit

Hi All, I'm wondering how to enable/download a utility for fsx that will let me hear "500" "100" 50...40..etc.. in the cockpit when landing. any suggestions would be appreciated...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TMarcus on
n7xlq1

incorrect airports showing Flight Tracker and FSX.

Hey. I'm associated with a VA and we do these online flight with FS Flight Tracker and FS (either FS9 or FSX) and so I use FSX, and every once in a while FT shows me at an incorrect airport that I'm in FSX. So, I'm curious anyone have had these similar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
mpf858

Airplane Missing after FSX Acceleration

After removing FSX SP2 and installing FSX Acceleration Expansion Pack, I cannot launch FSX without the dialogue: "Visual model could not be displayed, Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint". Then, sometimes when I click "Close", FSX continues to load but shuts down...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
greystone on
airbourne

REX Problems

Just wonderd if anyone could help when i install rex, i get to stage 3, backup files and restore, it searches it all dose it, then one side it says not complete and when i press save it saves it all again and dose the same thing, iv tryed reinstalling ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ollyau on
Simmy

New CH Eclipse Yoke and VOX Atc

I bought the new Eclipse yoke to replace my faulty CH Yoke which had given me good service. The yoke works fine except with VOX ATC. My computer runs Vista 64bit. When I try to Set Up the Joystick for VOX ATC the screen that appears has options to assign...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
horrgakx

Will FSX run in Kiosk mode - without a joystick??

I want to test FSX on my new hardware but I don't have a joystick yet. Is it possible to run it with a /switch or a hack or something?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
airbourne

acceleration worth buying?

Was thinking about getting acceleration, is it worth it ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
stereomatic

LET'S ALL GET TOGETHER TO SEND THE LETTER TO MICROSOFT ..!!!

Hello all members.... As you all might know by now, Microsoft has eliminated their development staff for our loved Flight Simulation product. One of our members ( Erik Lenkov ) has given me a link to a website to petition Microsoft to bring back the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
stereomatic on
airbourne

Lets have a RACE!

Anyone up for a race? to make it intresting the aircraft cant be any older than 1950 Must be prop. No more than 2 props on the aircraft Race Infomation (EGLC - London city / Calais - LFAC) 80NM Objective :: First person to fly across...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airbourne on
airbourne

fsx Config

Can someone please send me a copy of there Fsx.cfg, as my config isnt layed out propley and fsx isnt working proply....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airbourne on
Heyjoojoo

Q9400 or Q8400

I have a quad 1.86GHz processor but I heard someone tell me that that procressor is not very good with FSx at all. They mentioned that the cache and speed is not what one my tend to think it should be being that its a quad. Should I go with a Duo 2 co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
Accelor

Can this be the reason for no Tool

My tool is not showing in task bar and I am trying to fix. Below are two photos of the SDK dll xml files, one on notepad from my install and the other is from the Insiders trouble shooter instructions. The insider file is slightly different where it say (...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
toddbreda

Parking brakes on? Please help...

The other day I went into FSX and tried to start a free flight and noticed the plane wasn't throttling up with any noticeable thrust. I checked my brakes but I've never had any default setting where the parking brake is activated. Yet, it acts like that's...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Accelor

Pilot Log-bin

Where in the files will I locate the log bin. I have looked but can't fine even through search window. Or is it one of the RWD files in the ( Rewards ) folder ❓ Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
glenpet

FSX crashes to desktop while flying around NE Scotland

FSX constantly crashes back to desktop while flying over NE Scotland (around Wick airport). Strangely FSX is rock solid flying anywhere else around the world. I'm running quite a few addons, main ones being - Scotflight Highlands & Islands, SceneryTech...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
basys on
7ECA-Captain

Can't Install FSX....

I was having some problems with FSX and uninstalled it, when I attempt to reinstall the program from scratch, I get and error message from installer, "1628 failed to complete installation" Anyone know what this is caused by and how to install the program?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
francois1

Removing FSX and the Accel. Expansion Pack

Hello everyone May I ask: Are there any huge problems involved with removing FSX and the Accel Pack from my computer. I am using WinXP Pro with SP2? At the moment it is on my F:\ drive and I wish for it to be on C:\ regards francois...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
francois1 on
oldsamer

The fuel pump effect

At the end of an FSX session I usually park near the fuel pump to avoid getting run over by the AIs upon loading the next session. I've wondered why parking brakes aren't loaded after setting and saving, occasionally real weather updates can blow the cub ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Accelor

Acceleration F 18 and Folding Wing

What is the key commands to fold the wings. My control setting in sim show it as a command but not the key's. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
basys on
Page 25 of 66