Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

markhyder

pilot voices in flight x

Where can I download addon of pilot voices and ATC in flight x. Like I need English accent like when I come into Heathrow.....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
markhyder on
fleas2

Help the elderly and his Transformer planes

I'm 73 and just discovered the joy of simulators. My previous computer would play FSX but the video was bad and jerky, so to comfort me in my final years I got a new computer using Vista 64. It's not a fire eater but it has NVIDIA GTS 250 and I had grea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
1LtLoric

FSX Crashes at 50,000 k

I posted about this abit earlier.. By the way Radarman, I did clean out my tower 😂 But I've ran the repair process on disk one but that just made the issue worse. I think I've had this issue in the past. I start up FSX and it crashes out at ap...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
e4cpltom on
id6106

FSX Background Problem

Hi All Recently I've noticed while in flight I see giant green color spring type spirals from the ground up reaching the skies... At 1st I thought I was seeing things. Later I re-booted and started FSX again, but sure enough the same thing was there, and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
e4cpltom on
Karlw

L-1049 review

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/35452/l-1049-review_6144b931f9420ad5ae53ce32d5bb89df.jpg The Lockheed L-1049 Super Connie is back and more beautiful than ever. it's been 51 years since the last Connie rolled off the assembly line...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
Traches

Landing lights turn themselves off?

I'm having a new and weird issue with my landing lights: I turn them on when I get my takeoff clearance, they stay on and work as usual. However, after I leave the ground they turn themselves off! If I hit the switch they come on, but they immediately tur...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Nascar1 on
lincolnzoo

Wireless KeyPad

I have a Logitech key pad and it works find in all windows apps, but FSX thinks it's a arrow pad. (NUM Lock off) My BIOS has NUM Lock on and my wireless keyboars has NUM Loc on. I dont't know wht to do....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lincolnzoo on
Simmy

Nautical miles and kilometers

Not sure if this has been answered before but I cannot find it on the forum. How can I get the flight planner to show distances as nmiles and not Km? I can't find anything in FSX help. Simmy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Simmy on
nottobe

How to dim the cockpit lights?

I find FXS default aircraft are so much better than those in 2004, totally comparable to these payware. But i dont understand why the cockpit/panel lights are so dazzling in the night, and the much used taxi lights are gone, you can only use landing li...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
Doyley

Tokyo Executive Transport is a hard mission

Has anybody done this mission yet? I was put off because it is a helicopter mission but after the first part it becomes interesting and really tricky. I wont give anything away but don't fly it unless you have about 90 minutes free....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Macimate

Madeira - VOR/DME RW 05 Approach problems..

Hello everyone, I have a minor problem with this approach.. I know how the FMC works and how to do an approach, but what I don't get with this, is that the waypoints for the VOR/DME RW 05 does not line me up with the runway. Instead, at the last waypoint...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Macimate on
sidsharma

how to use FMC

how can I use FMC in FSX. PLZ HELP 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sidsharma on
jdernehl

top speed

Could someone tell me why speed is limited in all FS games? Is there a patch that lets jet actually fly at true speeds? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Tailhook

New FSX Carrier

Just outside of Vegas... 🤔 https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/35248/new-fsx-carrier_e6061a2a3638810ecc6becfd4362ff93.jpg ...what on earth... 😳 https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/35248...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Traches

More PMDG MD-11 Guide goodness

Awhile back I made a guide for the MD-11's FMC and people seemed to like it, so I went ahead and made another guide that starts with the rest of the preflight setup and takes you most of the way up to cruise flight. It's almost an hour long, so sorry for ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
Karlw

Alright lets see if anyone is good enough to solve these fsx

problem. 1. my GA and airliner traffic sliders are at their max and yet at JFK I will have no more than three planes. This goes for all major airports KORD, KMIA etc however at smaller airport like PHTO the traffic density is fine. 2. the F9 key is ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
Martini101

substituting rudder controls in fsx

Hi im new to posting on the forums and i have a small problem, at the moment i have got FSX set up with an old logitech wingman force joystick the joystick would atleast have to be around 8-10 years old now and i didn't even think it worked anymore, tu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
mondytd

Star Trek craft

Has anyone done any star trek add ons 🙄 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mondytd on
chatnyurur

fsx uav predator problem

i downloaded the pack but missions doesn't working there's no mission compass when i selected a mission game opens as free flight. is there any fix for that?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
1LtLoric on
1LtLoric

FSX WTF Textrue Glitching

I was installing REX and flying around Corpus Christy with a JR and look what happened! 😂 😳 https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/35346/fsx-wtf-textrue-glitching_4b4944c4287f63daf234e9631285deb1.jpg https://forum....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
flysully

Motherboard

I'm,in the coming weeks,planning on getting a new computer. specs:dell xps 625 AMD® Phenom™ II X4 940 Black Edition (3.0GHz, 125W) Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 (64 Bit) 21.5in S2209W Full HD Widescreen Black UK/Irish (1920 x 1080) ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flysully on
chatnyurur

Rescue pilot missing child

Hi, i'm playing missing child mission in the rescue pilot mission pack. I spend nearly 1 hour i searched everywhere but i couldnt find the child. Can anyone tell me where's the child?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chatnyurur on
yksratnak

missing parts of the model

Does anyone knows what is the problem, when downloaded model is missing parts of the plane , flaps landing gear, elevators. Flaps are atualy attche to the fuselage next to jets intakes. Plane flies without the parts....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
geronemo

FSX special edition vs FSX gold edition?

can some one tell me if there is a defference between those two version and if so is there an upgrade?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
wack

[ Poll ] Does In-flight refueling work?

Does In-flight refueling work?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
stereomatic

FS11 ?

Hey there now that we can see the world wide crisist is getting away in small steps how about rummor i heard or it's a fact does microsoft shut down the fs11 for good or there's still hope for 2010/2011 im willing to wait anything for my fav game ev...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flysully on
axle900

need help making virtual cockpit

i need some help making a virtual cockpit or transfering one from another plane...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
1LtLoric

F-18 Fuel Cutoff?

Where's the Fuel Cutoff switch for the default F-18?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
1LtLoric on
pdegraff

Display character size:

Can anyone tell me if there is or isn't a way to increase the size of the "Coordinate and Frame Rate" lines in the upper left of the FSX display? (The info you get when you press "Shift+Z".) Some of you know that I'm not as young as most here are. I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on
CaptDennison

FSX ???

Is there a NO DVD crack for FSX with Acceleration pack? Decided to get FSX-got FSX Deluxe with Acceleration pack DVD set-bowed I have FSX on the computer-I plan to add scenery and other addons-should I install the Acceleration pack or not? Also i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
Carlitoboy

FSX causes OS shut down when clicking Free Flight

When ever I click on Free Flight in the FSX menu my PC shuts down as if i pulled out the plug. It's a fresh install, ran the SP1 update, then the SP2 update successfully. I can launch some missions, like the Hawaiian checkout but 20 mins into th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Carlitoboy on
Doyley

Steep Glideslope

Hi all, It's been a long while since I've posted on here. I went off FS for a while, but a microlight lesson has reignited the passion for it once more. Anyway, I'm looking for any approaches with a really steep glideslope, similar to EGLC. Any ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
Heyjoojoo

CPU time again...

Okay. I'm considering getting a new processor for FSX. I will plan to get Duo 2 Core E8400 3 GHz or Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.6 GHz400 I'm not sure which would be better for FSX. I also plan on bumping up raphics to Nvidia 9800GT. Which of the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on
nottobe

can someone enlighten me on 9800 GTX+ & GTX 275

I tried out 9800 GTX+, it was pretty good, but at JFK or any of the busiest airports it can slow down to 9-10 fps (my settings are all at ultra-hi). So exchanged it for a supposedly faster card GeForce GTX275. But I checked the specs, actually 9800 core c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
1LtLoric

The disappearing Extra 300 Panel?

I just chose out the Extra 300S, and started flying. This is what I saw. https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/35199/disappearing-extra-300-panel_213149e99b59d77fb75538e06f8613d1.jpg https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
1LtLoric

Editing speed with CFG?

Are you able to edit speed with the aircraft's cfg file? I have a Stearman that I'd like to seem like a Super Stearman. So, I'd have to edit the sounds, speed, acceleration, and roll capabilities. If you need to edit the AIR file to do so, where can I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
1LtLoric on
1LtLoric

DX10 not showing up?

Hi all, I was recently informed that you need to turn ON DirectX 10 in FSX Acceleration :oops: ! I have acceleration and when I go to settings > Customize > Graphics, there is no DirectX checkbox. Below is a screenshot. https://forum.flyaways...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
oldsamer

Anyone seeing custom Avaitars?

Just noticed mine and others are absent from under posters information. Only stock avaitars are showing. I've forgotten how to enter a custom avaitar, wheres the instruckions?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
1LtLoric

FSX crashes at 100%

I've been having an issue with FSX crashing when it gets to 100 per cent for a couple of months. It'll load as fast as normal, but sometimes when it gets to 100 per cent is just crashes. The little blue circle comes up (hourglass for XP) and it just dies....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
oldsamer

RC flight sims, anyone?

I know this forum isn't germane to this non-FSX query, but please indulge me just this time and I won't make a habit of it.. I'm hoping someone here has unbiased experience with this kind of flight sim. I'm on the verge of plunging deeply into Radio Co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
nottobe

what air traffic addon for FSX?

I used to use Ultimate Traffic with FS2004, now I know there's UT2007 updated for FSX, but I have to pay again full amount. I'd like to know if there's any similar traffic addon that is equal or better than UT2007.... Thanks.......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
doatg

The End of FSX

I know its sad to see FSX come to the end since Microsoft has dropped them. Too bad because i was hoping to see them changed some things like world ground textures which is the only thing lacking in the game today. The clouds and weather programs are to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
undelivered

RealAir Spitfire

I believe that i have just been flying the greatest aircraft ever produced for FSX ! the RealAir spitfire ! the Rolls Royce merlin and griffon engine sounds perfectly awsome the texture detail unsurpassed the actual flight handling is so realisticly mind ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
1LtLoric on
1LtLoric

Droppable Objects

I recently downloaded the ordnance package from Simviation, and I love it. But one question, how do you switch through the droppable objects? Is there even a way?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
1LtLoric on
nottobe

Is this all I get?

I put together a new system, Intel Core2 Quad (2.5GHzx4), 4 GB Ram, NVidia 9400 GT 512 mb video card. 6-9 frames per second at Ultra High settings, 9-12 frames per second at High settings. What type of config can give me 24 frames at ultra high? I onl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
GundamWZero

Learning the Hard Way.....

- Programmed a flight from KSEA to KLAS for a V/A flight using the manual the best I could using the FMC - Take-off and activated the A/P @ 5000 feet The I noticed I was headed in the wrong direction! So I look at the PFD and looked into a spider's ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
Karlw

I am thinking of purchasing the Captain sim 757 for fsx.....

Is the 757 for fsx a frame rate eater or does it run pretty well? The demo seems to run fairly smoothly on my system but the demo does not have any gauges. Regards 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
D5Tweddle on
eyton402

Rudder use

I know rudder is used on turns but I thought they might also be useful on final approach when attempting to line up with the runway. This appears not to be the case. Each time I have used the rudder to line up the aircraft moves significanly left or ri...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
matt_flyaway

Visual Flight Path: How to angle down for landing?

I have finally figured out how to see the visual flight path. When i used it last night I had it set at 3000 feet for the altitude. As I approached the airport runway the path didnt decend. It stayed hovering at 3000 feet. Is there a way to make the p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
mickwill

TOGA stuck on?

Hi All, As theis is the font of all knowledge I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I have just got a Saitek PRO Flight Yoke system (birthday pressie!). Now when I start up the FeelThere PIC 737, as soon as the engines start the FADEC...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flysully on
Page 24 of 66